Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking for an Idea for my first sign up thread if anyone has ideas, im not the best for orginality.

You could go with my Evil Twin idea:

The Evil Twin sign-up!

As in so many of these sign-ups, you create a person to play in the game. But into the game is *also* added his evil twin. The evil twin has:

(a) The same nationalities as his brother

(b) A relationship with his brother either of mutual love or mutual hatred - open to suggestions on this

© The same position(s) as his brother

(d) The same chosen attributes as his brother, but inverted. If the first player has an attribute of x, the twin has an attribute of 21-x

(e) The same CA and PA as his brother

Ideas for how to flesh this out will be welcomed.

You could go with my Evil Twin idea:

The Evil Twin sign-up!

As in so many of these sign-ups, you create a person to play in the game. But into the game is *also* added his evil twin. The evil twin has:

(a) The same nationalities as his brother

(b) A relationship with his brother either of mutual love or mutual hatred - open to suggestions on this

© The same position(s) as his brother

(d) The same chosen attributes as his brother, but inverted. If the first player has an attribute of x, the twin has an attribute of 21-x

(e) The same CA and PA as his brother

Ideas for how to flesh this out will be welcomed.

Interesting idea you could make everyone the same nationality and then you could see if you beat your evil twin to a spot in the national side, even going as far as earning points for say every time you play for the team (which should mean your twin won't if you only allow 1 position).

Alright, so with uni about to finish i thought i'd make a signup game to kill some of the time in between getting well...drunk constantly.

So the idea is this. With the popularity and strength of the various champions league around the world, in particular europe, and the continual club vs. country debate, is international football becoming obsolete? Ashley Cole once said that Arsenal would beat England, and Paul Scholes claimed he scored more for Man U than England because Man U had better players. So FIFA want to increase the attraction of International Football by creating a "League Of Nations" with involves international sides playing in a league structure.

What it is:

A League Structure with one club representing each nations national team.

Each forum user will select a 23 man (or thereabouts) squad from their selected nation. I will tie each player to their nation-club for 4 years by giving them a future transfer at the end of the 4th season. So it'll be a four season tournament. At the end of each season i will allow time to make changes to their squads.

I was planning on replacing the dutch leagues because there is no relegation from the bottom league and 8 sides in the second division enter the promotion playoffs.

What i'm worried about is what effect will having a future transfer have on the players motivation + performance?

And if anyone has any ideas or suggestions than feel free to let me know, particuarly on the league to be replaced choice

Ok so from my last couple of posts in this thread you might have guessed I had an idea for a sign-up in the works and that is indeed the case. With my "It Could Be You....." sign-up on hold for now and possibly permanently I decided I needed something to fill the void. Incidentally one of the ideas I had was incredibly similar to the one just posted by mendi, which I like the sound of by the way. :thup:

After mulling over many ideas I decided I didn't want to start anything too long term what with the expected release of FM2010 (going on previous years) only 4-6 months away.

Anyway to the point, what do you guys think about an OOTP style sign-up for World Cup 2010? A few of you will probably remember wisla_krakow doing a version for Euro 2008 fairly recently (Link) which was going really well until it ended, I was pretty gutted to miss out on that one and so now I'm thinking about trying my own and basically just wanted some feedback from you guys.

A couple of things I've thought about that I'm not sure on are:

Which leagues to load?

Which, if any, countries to "load all players from"?

Potential problems could be finding the initial 32 people, obviously I'd rather they're users who are going to stick with it rather than never posting again after the first week, but what can I realistically do to prevent that? Once we're up and running as long as I have everyone's tactics/starting 11's etc we should be fine, if people are unable to make deadlines then I can just go with the information I have and if they wanted to change it, tough. :D

Feel free to make an comments/suggestions and hopefully I can establish whether or not I should go ahead with it. (With wisla's permission of course ;))

Cheers for the positive feedback guys.

That's a cracker of an idea. How many nations did you have in mind?

I was looking for a league with no relegation from the bottom division which, as far as i know, is Scotland, Holland, Australia and the US

Australia and the US are out for obvious reasons, so that leaves Holland, which would give total of 38 nations, or Scotland with a total of 42. I was leaning towards Holland, cos it only has two divisions as opposed to Scotland's four

Alright, so with uni about to finish i thought i'd make a signup game to kill some of the time in between getting well...drunk constantly.

So the idea is this. With the popularity and strength of the various champions league around the world, in particular europe, and the continual club vs. country debate, is international football becoming obsolete? Ashley Cole once said that Arsenal would beat England, and Paul Scholes claimed he scored more for Man U than England because Man U had better players. So FIFA want to increase the attraction of International Football by creating a "League Of Nations" with involves international sides playing in a league structure.

What it is:

A League Structure with one club representing each nations national team.

Each forum user will select a 23 man (or thereabouts) squad from their selected nation. I will tie each player to their nation-club for 4 years by giving them a future transfer at the end of the 4th season. So it'll be a four season tournament. At the end of each season i will allow time to make changes to their squads.

I was planning on replacing the dutch leagues because there is no relegation from the bottom league and 8 sides in the second division enter the promotion playoffs.

What i'm worried about is what effect will having a future transfer have on the players motivation + performance?

And if anyone has any ideas or suggestions than feel free to let me know, particuarly on the league to be replaced choice

What about using Malaysia don't they have strict foreigner rules so you'd only be able to sign players of your nationality??

What about using Malaysia don't they have strict foreigner rules so you'd only be able to sign players of your nationality??

Yeah you're right Malaysia allow no-foreigners in their league, the only problem is I don't know whether foreigner restrictions are tied to the nationality of the club, or too the nationality of the league. I don't really fancy giving each player a second nationality of Malaysian, but that would be an effective way of keeping the clubs together. I might do a couple of tests and see what i can work out

Yeah you're right Malaysia allow no-foreigners in their league, the only problem is I don't know whether foreigner restrictions are tied to the nationality of the club, or too the nationality of the league. I don't really fancy giving each player a second nationality of Malaysian, but that would be an effective way of keeping the clubs together. I might do a couple of tests and see what i can work out

The Malaysian league abolishes the no-foreigners rule in the game...I know because I'm playing as a Malaysian team, and I have a Ghanaian, and a Swede. :p

Challenge idea- The bouncebackability challenge

It's pretty simple really, you holiday through the first seasonand then take control of a relegated team. You then have gain promotion at the first time of asking and bounce straight back up. You then do this with different teams until you have done it 5 times running. Feedback

Ok so from my last couple of posts in this thread you might have guessed I had an idea for a sign-up in the works and that is indeed the case. With my "It Could Be You....." sign-up on hold for now and possibly permanently I decided I needed something to fill the void. Incidentally one of the ideas I had was incredibly similar to the one just posted by mendi, which I like the sound of by the way. :thup:

After mulling over many ideas I decided I didn't want to start anything too long term what with the expected release of FM2010 (going on previous years) only 4-6 months away.

Anyway to the point, what do you guys think about an OOTP style sign-up for World Cup 2010? A few of you will probably remember wisla_krakow doing a version for Euro 2008 fairly recently (Link) which was going really well until it ended, I was pretty gutted to miss out on that one and so now I'm thinking about trying my own and basically just wanted some feedback from you guys.

A couple of things I've thought about that I'm not sure on are:

Which leagues to load?

Which, if any, countries to "load all players from"?

Potential problems could be finding the initial 32 people, obviously I'd rather they're users who are going to stick with it rather than never posting again after the first week, but what can I realistically do to prevent that? Once we're up and running as long as I have everyone's tactics/starting 11's etc we should be fine, if people are unable to make deadlines then I can just go with the information I have and if they wanted to change it, tough. :D

Feel free to make an comments/suggestions and hopefully I can establish whether or not I should go ahead with it. (With wisla's permission of course ;))

I'd definitely be interested in it. I was convinced I was going to win Wisla's one with Spain :(

Challenge idea- The bouncebackability challenge

It's pretty simple really, you holiday through the first seasonand then take control of a relegated team. You then have gain promotion at the first time of asking and bounce straight back up. You then do this with different teams until you have done it 5 times running. Feedback

This isn't a bad idea actually, fashioning yourself as a saviour to the fans by rescuing their clubs from lower divisions. Maybe have to earn the right to go up the leagues, first taking a side back from the BSN/S to the the BSP, then once that's done move on to taking a team from the BSP back to League 2.

Might get the OOTP idea underway in the next couple of days then, I need to get my laptop fixed/hacked into first but hopefully I'll get round to that and then I can get started.

I am however struggling for a name for the sign-up so any ideas would be helpful ;)

Back on the OOTP idea, it's proving very dificult to get 32 teams we can actually manage. I've holidayed through 4 times now and have managed to get it down to 3 nations being unavailable. One of those is easily solved, if I had loaded all players from that nation I would've been fine. The other two though are Germany and Japan, I know there is a way of getting around the German national side issue (although I don't know how) and I assume there is a similar issue with the Japanese side? If so is there also a way around this?

Hi Whoopy D,

I would be interested, but how much time would I need for it, as far as I understand I look at the save game on my pc then let you know what team I want? I don't actually play the game?

Hi Whoopy D,

I would be interested, but how much time would I need for it, as far as I understand I look at the save game on my pc then let you know what team I want? I don't actually play the game?

That's correct, I play the game with each of you added as managers. You simply provide me with the starting 11, tactics, instructions etc.

As for time wise it's really up to you, if you want to just provide me with your squad, preferred starting 11 and tactics for the first match and use those same tactics no matter what then that's fine. But it's also fine if you want to send me different tactics for different matches/situations, tell me what subs to make and when etc. So it really depends how involved you want to get, I personally think the people who are more involved are likely to do better although I can't be certain.

JSalter - thanks for that link mate :thup:

Right so I've got any issues I might have had with my OOTP game sorted, I've got a game holidayed up to where it needs to be and now all I need is the managers.

I know we're not supposed to advertise threads etc but just letting people know I'll be opening the sign-up thread tomorow (Monday) night at around 10pm GMT. There are 32 spots to fill but if you're worried about not getting a place feel free to PM me in advance :thup:

Just a question: Can a scout turn into a manager? Because I'm wondering whether i should do an experiment/sign-up to see if scouts/physios can turn into managers?

Lets say in the editor I put their job preference as a manager but they originally started off as a scout I will monitor say every game year there managerial progress and award points for persay the level of club they reach and award a points for say acheiving trophies.

Get the drift?

I know we're not supposed to advertise threads etc but just letting people know I'll be opening the sign-up thread tomorow (Monday) night at around 10pm GMT. There are 32 spots to fill but if you're worried about not getting a place feel free to PM me in advance :thup:

So 11pm?

Just a question: Can a scout turn into a manager? Because I'm wondering whether i should do an experiment/sign-up to see if scouts/physios can turn into managers?

Lets say in the editor I put their job preference as a manager but they originally started off as a scout I will monitor say every game year there managerial progress and award points for persay the level of club they reach and award a points for say acheiving trophies.

Get the drift?

Give them a full 20 attribute for both manager and scout and put them as a scout at a club and it should work.

I was thinking of running an experiment using a no-players database the essence of this would be to test how teams cope with having completely regens with little ability, however some will have very high potential. At the same time as this i will be giving some teams in small nations great training facilities, youth facilities and youth academies to see how much of an affect it can have on the lesser nations establishing themselves in the footballing world.

I plan on running a fair few leagues or at least loading the players from some obscure nations.

What do you think of this idea? Has it been done already? And would you be interested in seeing how the footballing world dealt with a full world of regens?

Also if you need anymore information just ask and any recommendations.

I was thinking of running an experiment using a no-players database the essence of this would be to test how teams cope with having completely regens with little ability, however some will have very high potential. At the same time as this i will be giving some teams in small nations great training facilities, youth facilities and youth academies to see how much of an affect it can have on the lesser nations establishing themselves in the footballing world.

I plan on running a fair few leagues or at least loading the players from some obscure nations.

What do you think of this idea? Has it been done already? And would you be interested in seeing how the footballing world dealt with a full world of regens?

Also if you need anymore information just ask and any recommendations.

My no player db experiment

It was something to pass the time, but eventually lost interest in it...I did plan on making quite a few updates after my exams though. :p

Very interesting results as well. :)

Okay sorry about that didn't realise it had already been done, should have done a search. Didn't think of it at the time. Do you think you'll carry on with it or not, also how far did you get as due to finishing uni and having about 3 months without much to do I have a fair bit of time on my hands.

Okay sorry about that didn't realise it had already been done, should have done a search. Didn't think of it at the time. Do you think you'll carry on with it or not, also how far did you get as due to finishing uni and having about 3 months without much to do I have a fair bit of time on my hands.

I've simmed up to September 2011 (I just haven't posted updates). I will probably carry on with this experiment for the time being after my exams finish this week, although I am waiting for my partner to finish up his season in FM09 A New World CSE, but he has voluntarily banned himself for exam revision. :D

Exam revision always comes first,:D I'll probably do the experiment for my own benefit anyway but won't post updates on here. Shame though I really should have done a search before hand, didn't think of it at the time and thought with no one posting for quite a while that it hadn't already been done, good luck with the experiment. I shall keep an eye on it.