Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

The easiest way Mikael would be, if you are downloading to just change the corner tactic to something you wish to use, this way you will know that you are not using the exploit no matter what, other wise take one from the Tactics Forum, as they seem to have cracked down on it calling it a bug and pulling or closing threads involving it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest way Mikael would be, if you are downloading to just change the corner tactic to something you wish to use, this way you will know that you are not using the exploit no matter what, other wise take one from the Tactics Forum, as they seem to have cracked down on it calling it a bug and pulling or closing threads involving it.

Well true but.. Here's my problem. I have used a downloaded tactic for 2 seasons now. In the first season I wasn't seeing any signs of corners being particular dangerous, however in the current season one of my central defenders have scored 20 goals so far. No other defender has scored more than 1 so I assume he is just good (or lucky). I mean, if a corner bug was present in the tactic, wouldn't the guy playing this guy's position score just as many?

I don't want to mess around the tactic as it seems to do wonders :)

Hey All there is a discussion going on over in the GD Forum that has taken my interest, I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with some of the data below, and what everyone's thoughts would be on an experiment that extends our data out further into the future, this would then make a great example for the argument one way or the other.

intgoals.jpg

Well my list of those with over 50 international goals (currently in the game) is about the same in length to the others that have been posted. As for the Top European/South American Nations, the Goalscoring records are as follows:

England: Wayne Rooney - 75

Italy: Mario Balotelli - 62

Argentina: Sergio Aguero - 78

Holland: Peter Kila (Regen) - 63

Spain: Fernando Torres - 63

France: Ishak Belfodil - 90

Brazil: Pele - 77

Portugal: Cristano Ronaldo - 83

Now again all of these have been broken except for Pele's.

Here is where my argument goes to having no facts to back it up, but I would like to see if anyone can provide it, or if someone can provide evidence that points a different way that would be cool too. So several points that I would like confirmed one way or the other.

1) More Internationals are played than in the past.

2) There are on average more goals per game than in the past.

3) Players are debuting younger, and retiring later than in the past.

Ok so three factors that I believe could contribute towards this, yes I agree it is probably blown out a lot more in FM10 than it should been, but if it turns out the way I believe with a bit of research maybe it is not as far off target as we may be thinking. Of course to prove any of this one way or the other you would need several data points say 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010 and data on the above, as well as possibly looking at the total number of "current players with over 50 Int Goals" as another point to look at and see if these relate to each other.

Now I am really tempted to run an experiment and research the data and see what we come out with.

Hey LLR, I wouldnt use this as conclusive evidence but have found a good site listing all England internationals. Their games played are as follows:

(I have chosen these years because there arent any major tournaments)

2009: 11

1999: 10

1989: 11

1979: 10

1969: 10

1959: 9

So point 1 doesnt really stand true for England. To compare some players for you.

Bobby Charlton (49 goals)

First cap: 1958 (Aged 20)

Last Int. Game: 1970 (Aged 32)

Retired: 1973 (Aged 35)

Gary Lineker (48 goals)

First cap: 1984 (Aged 23)

Last Int. Game: 1992 (Aged 31)

Retired: 1994 (Aged 33)

Michael Own (40 goals)

First cap: 1998 (Aged 18)

Last Int. Game: 2008 (Aged 28) I know this might not be his last international game but he hasnt played for a while

Wayne Rooney made his debut at 17 so you could say they are debuting earlier but I dont think you can say they are retiring earlier. Here is the website I was using if you would like it

Thanks Joe, just looking at that for England (Of Course we would need more data) it appears to bust out all the main ideas I was looking at especially as the number of games seems pretty static, its going to be quite a large project, so it might be something I look at investigating over a period of time and once I have the data together then getting into an experiment, even if I look at this as a plan for FM11 (I could always run the experiment on FM07,08,09,10 - all installed on this comp and compare all of the results) to run the experiment out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a few ideas bouncing around in my head the last few days; and i have narrowed it down to two,

1: Football Manager Academy;

A sign up requiring 25 forum members, they all disclose a name, nation and position of a player they wish to join the game. I then add them into the 'Football Manager Academy'(editted GH Academy) aged 19 giving them 2 seasons to find a new club and move on from their. The sign up will consist of an elimination/last an standing format with several rounds to narrow it down the participants to 1 winner. The rounds will consist of "and they're off" a race to leave the Academy, the last 2 must leave the game., followed "Moving forward", the 2 players with the least first team appearances inside 6 months must leave the game, there will be many more interesting rounds to cut the players to the final 1.

2: Or Scenario games; similar to the 'What If' series or something like that be they long or short. Something like England have lost Rio Ferdinand(irony wasn't intended), Wayne Rooney(Not pushing my look) and a few over top players before the world cup, can you guide them to recreating the victory of '66. Amongst some longer challenges along the lines of; A extremely patriotic Italian has taken the reigns at Liverpool, can you guide the scouse club to the premier league title with a team made up of only italians inside one season?

Any ideas, comments(both good and bad) are welcome ;)

Anyone interested in a CSE World Cup sweepstake? No money or anything, just for fun. Could probably get 64 people to sign up so each team would have two users. Teams would all be random obviously. Yay, Nay?

Yay from me

Has anyone said they are going to run a World Cup like someone did the other year yet? (I think it was WhoopyD but I can't be bothered to check!)

You know the one - where you get to decide on the tactics and squads etc ...

EDIT: weeeman27bob has on the last page. Any progress mate?

Has anyone said they are going to run a World Cup like someone did the other year yet? (I think it was WhoopyD but I can't be bothered to check!)

You know the one - where you get to decide on the tactics and squads etc ...

EDIT: weeeman27bob has on the last page. Any progress mate?

Right, weeeman says I can go for it instead. I will post the opening post ASAP so I can get 32 CSE forum members started. My aim is to run it parallel to the actual World Cup.

Right, weeeman says I can go for it instead. I will post the opening post ASAP so I can get 32 CSE forum members started. My aim is to run it parallel to the actual World Cup.

I would definitely be interested in joining this. Whoopy D's one was brilliant.

Interesting idea after having a discussion with a friend last night. We got ob the subject of Top Trumps, the old card game after seeing the advert for worldcup top trumps. I was wondering being the old card addict i was back in my younger years would anybody be interested in an fm/top trumps combination signup. I would require a sign up number of 20 members, to create 20 teams of 21 players.

Each member would be given a starter pack of cards containing 21 randomly assorted cards(doubles can exist, so it is possible to have two Ronaldos). The players recieved in the pack would then be added to your squad in game(FM) minus doubles. The doubles can be traded to other members for different players you require or wish to have. I will add legends to the database to have alot better players there will be over 500 players you could recieve from young to old, decent to legendary like Pele or Zidane. I will set each players age back every season to keep it controlled(if it lasts that long).

The transfer windows will be used to transfer players, whom the members have swapped on the forums. So if Member X swaps Pele for C.Ronaldo with Member B, then their respective teams will get those players. Easy.

Depending on how well the members in game team performs the will recieve 'cash' at the end of every season.(yet to decide on that system) those points can be used to by more card packs and can then purchase better players.

The idea is similar to that of FIFA Ultimate team but i will add in extra players like Pele and Zidane to add spice and fun.

Any takers?

Anyone interested in a CSE World Cup sweepstake? No money or anything, just for fun. Could probably get 64 people to sign up so each team would have two users. Teams would all be random obviously. Yay, Nay?

Would definitley take part in this :thup:

Interesting idea after having a discussion with a friend last night. We got ob the subject of Top Trumps, the old card game after seeing the advert for worldcup top trumps. I was wondering being the old card addict i was back in my younger years would anybody be interested in an fm/top trumps combination signup. I would require a sign up number of 20 members, to create 20 teams of 21 players.

Each member would be given a starter pack of cards containing 21 randomly assorted cards(doubles can exist, so it is possible to have two Ronaldos). The players recieved in the pack would then be added to your squad in game(FM) minus doubles. The doubles can be traded to other members for different players you require or wish to have. I will add legends to the database to have alot better players there will be over 500 players you could recieve from young to old, decent to legendary like Pele or Zidane. I will set each players age back every season to keep it controlled(if it lasts that long).

The transfer windows will be used to transfer players, whom the members have swapped on the forums. So if Member X swaps Pele for C.Ronaldo with Member B, then their respective teams will get those players. Easy.

Depending on how well the members in game team performs the will recieve 'cash' at the end of every season.(yet to decide on that system) those points can be used to by more card packs and can then purchase better players.

The idea is similar to that of FIFA Ultimate team but i will add in extra players like Pele and Zidane to add spice and fun.

Any takers?

This sounds like a great idea, was thinking around the idea of sticker collections and that sort of thing and how that could be related to FM, this could well fit the bill :thup:

After reading posts in the FMS forum about winning as many continental competitions as possible I started my own challenge. I downloaded the New Zealand league along with a J-League add on and went about playing the game. The aim was to win the equivalent of the European Champions League over every continent so far I have won the OFC Champions League, North American Champions League, Asian one and the European Champions League. Starting unemployed it has been a hell of a journey and now I need the Libertadores and the African Champions League to complete the challenge.

I thought of posting the challenge in here but I was not sure if there was a similar one already about or if there would be any interest at all. I was bored with FM until I started to do this challenge and it reignited my passion to play FM again. The reason I am not sure if anyone would be interested is you need a few leagues loaded and it can take a long time to complete.

After reading posts in the FMS forum about winning as many continental competitions as possible I started my own challenge. I downloaded the New Zealand league along with a J-League add on and went about playing the game. The aim was to win the equivalent of the European Champions League over every continent so far I have won the OFC Champions League, North American Champions League, Asian one and the European Champions League. Starting unemployed it has been a hell of a journey and now I need the Libertadores and the African Champions League to complete the challenge.

I thought of posting the challenge in here but I was not sure if there was a similar one already about or if there would be any interest at all. I was bored with FM until I started to do this challenge and it reignited my passion to play FM again. The reason I am not sure if anyone would be interested is you need a few leagues loaded and it can take a long time to complete.

I would be interested, but i am just keen to know did you dive straight in at the top level or pick the harder continents, start in the lowest league and build yourself up? As the latter would make for an extremely interesting long term challenge, i am busy at this time, running on sign up, having another in the pipeline and taking part in several sign ups, challenges etc myself But i am sure there would be interest in this :)

Started with semi-pro rep went to Auckland City in New Zealand they are one of the top 2 clubs there but were first to offer me a job. Once being there for three seasons I went to Wellington Phoenix in Australia took a few season there then off to America(MEX) in Mexico. Once I had won with them my reputation was quite high and Real Madrid were finishing outside the Champions league places, I was shocked when they gave me the job. After two season there and all that cash it was easy to win it. I then moved to Velez in Argentina to try and bag the Libertadores.

I just wanted to post a challenge without too many rules, I think unemployed and up to semi-pro as starting rep can produce a good exciting game.

Started with semi-pro rep went to Auckland City in New Zealand they are one of the top 2 clubs there but were first to offer me a job. Once being there for three seasons I went to Wellington Phoenix in Australia took a few season there then off to America(MEX) in Mexico. Once I had won with them my reputation was quite high and Real Madrid were finishing outside the Champions league places, I was shocked when they gave me the job. After two season there and all that cash it was easy to win it. I then moved to Velez in Argentina to try and bag the Libertadores.

I just wanted to post a challenge without too many rules, I think unemployed and up to semi-pro as starting rep can produce a good exciting game.

Yeah, it has the make-up for an extremely interesting game i might give this go :)

Yeah, it has the make-up for an extremely interesting game i might give this go :)

I will have to see if there is anymore interest, if there is it will be time to work on starting the thread.

I see lots of people on the other forums moaning about losing interest in FM, I figured this challenge got me interested so it could do the same for other people.

Took the liberty to already start the challenge :D sounds fun.

Edit: Seems I have to start with non-real players though, most teams in the added leagues are devoid of life.

Tried that mate, leaves the Japanese teams still mostly blank, and New Zealand football populated with 16 yo's.

That seems weird as I know there are a lot of the NZ players in the database, at least for the NZFC, unless of course whoever created the league didn't use the actual teams in the database ;)

Took the liberty to already start the challenge :D sounds fun.

Edit: Seems I have to start with non-real players though, most teams in the added leagues are devoid of life.

Posted the challenge in a new thread, feel free to post there if you want to.

Japan is usually full of regens and New Zealand has a few real players but loads of regens, success is easy there if you sign free South Americans. Also try the New Zealand national team as lots of them are available for nothing.

Hey, i mentioned a couple of days back about combining top trumps or a card game with football manager and i have started making the cards :) Looking at 15 a day in order to reach a basic level of 320 cards, 160 legends and 160 modern day players. To spice things up a little i was going to award more 'cash' to people who do well in other signs myself or something else might run. So you will recieve 10 FMC(Football manager cash) for completing a challenge like 'Defuges FM10 Challenge.' and also some point for completing small, 5 or 6 game challenges i will set over time. What does everyone think?

Up to you really, im just going to have a quick look at it now, where to start and what nations i can make usable etc.

Is there not a retain all players file out somewhere, that would make most nations playable but would put a strain on performance

Is there not a retain all players file out somewhere, that would make most nations playable but would put a strain on performance

I think so.

My idea was to start off at FC Luzern which was the second club Rudi managed (and the first actual playable one) as a German Sunday League Footballer. From then on you would have to build up your reputation to a point in which countries actually want you to manage them, and then everytime a job for a country is available (considering you've never managed it before) you would have to apply for the job. The Aim: Manage more national teams then Rudi aka 19.

Not sure, but im trying a game with just the English Leagues loaded and retaining all players from each continent, and yeah it slows performance quite a bit.

Its taking its time loading haha, but im expecting quite a lot of nations to be loaded.

I think so.

My idea was to start off at FC Luzern which was the second club Rudi managed (and the first actual playable one) as a German Sunday League Footballer. From then on you would have to build up your reputation to a point in which countries actually want you to manage them, and then everytime a job for a country is available (considering you've never managed it before) you would have to apply for the job. The Aim: Manage more national teams then Rudi aka 19.

I was just thinking of either starting unemployed, or at a really low ranked nation

Number of National Teams i can manage: 177

Hey, all after taking part so far in the CSE World Cup, i was wondering would be enjoy a full season version for the premier league, so on August 14th the person who draws Manchester City faces off against the person who picked Tottenham, they pick starting 11, subs, tactics etc. Then the week later the next round starts, so it follows the premier league season. They can only play with the players which their real-life counterparts have, to test real manager ability instead of buying the same 10 players and winning the league everytime.

What does everyone think?