Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good then. I'm glad to hear it's making a return. On a side note, is there going to be any sort of thread to do with the achievements available through Steam? Or is that something noone is really a fan of? I don't even know how to find them... :D

Here is a list of all achievements on Steam taken from the FM wiki.

FML Server - This is not the place. There is a thread in the FMO forum where you can make yourself available for online games. Here it is - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=19804

Earlier today (10th November) I came across the Glenn Hoddle Academy challenge that saint_clark tried to start. After reading through it I decided that seemed quite interesting. Unfortunately he never got around to starting it so I thought I might try it. Then noticing an exchange between PaulHartman and M12..... about whether or not the team should be in Spain or England my mind started to churn. Aided by a long bus ride the idea developed that rather than having the Glenn Hoddle Academy in England/Spain why not have an Academy based in every European country? Any one participating would have to follow a modified version of the rules that saint_clark developed for his challenge.

I will create a database that will be made available for anyone to download with a number of Academies. Each Academy would start in the lowest playable league in its country (with a few exceptions) and they would almost identical, with the only differences being names, kits etc. The challengers would be able to pick any Academy they wanted to with the aim of creating a footballing tour de force. Each Academy will have similar staff and facilities as well. The main measurement of the challenger’s success will be the amount of cash they receive in transfer fees from their player sales with bonuses given for success in competitions.

At the moment I would like to see if anyone would be interested in actually playing this before I start the task of creating the DB. I will start on the rules tonight as they aren’t too hard to come up with and I already have a framework.

WW's Small to big club challenge - The World Superleague

Some of you may have seen my international team challenge that is currently on going. Well over the weekend I took a break from that and decided to start creating my own World Superleague structure.

So far I have:

World Premier League

World First Division

World Second Division

Regional First Division A / B / C

Regional Second Division A / B/ C / D / E / F

World Development Leagues A - O (15 leagues)

In total there are about 640 playable teams in the league structure, with the vast vast majority of all the FIFA nations with representation.

However, I thought as good as that may be to play - how about making a new version of the Small to Big club challenge - A world challenge. So I now have relegation from the World Development Leagues, so that a previously unplayable team in the league structure can become playable. Currently you could play as one of 150 previously unplayable teams.

So, question is - would anyone want to play in this form of small to big club challenge?

I have all the leagues in place, just need to refine the leagues, so I could set up the challenge by next weekend if interest is there. :)

In addition, I would be willing to let a reliable member of the forums run a sign up from the database if there is interest in that.

That sounds great WW, I'm currently involved in the Big Euro challenge but I'm certain you'd get a lot of interest there. What sort of level would the unplayable clubs be? Any egs of clubs?

Well, at the moment the unplayable club reps would be in the region of 2,000 - 2,500. Now this means different things for different countries, for example it could be a top division team in Africa or India, but in England that would correlate to someone like Accrington Stanley.

The way I have structured the leagues is that for example one of the lowest playable divisions includes a league purely of lower ranked Euro nations (eg: Your San Marinos, Liechtensteins, Andorras etc), to allow them to be competitive at the very start. Now obviously over time the divisions won't stay as "pure" (for want of a better word) as what they are initially designed for due to the mix and match of promotions / relegations.

This means in theory you could have an unplayable league club with a higher rep than some playable league teams.

The one thing I want to structure if possible is that unplayable division teams are linked to the respective lowest playable divisions. Not sure if this is 100% possible, but I plan to give it a go - this would give a variety of clubs to choose from and the unplayable clubs eligible at the start of the 2nd season for each league would be more closely alligned to the club reps of the existing teams in those leagues.

I've made a very less than perfect (almost fantasy like) recreation of the Spanish 5th Tier (for personal use originally) and wondered if there would be any Interest in a Andorra double challenge?

It would work something along the line of taking control of FC Andorra and trying to get them promoted to the top Tier of Spanish football eventually winning the league and then the Champions League whilst at some point taking the Andorra national job and attempting to Qualify for a major tournament. I also thought of having the optional extra of either only using Andorrans or not signing any players at all and relying on your Andorran Youth prospects.

So what do you think? Would anyone be up for the Challenge?

WW's Small to big club challenge - The World Superleague

Some of you may have seen my international team challenge that is currently on going. Well over the weekend I took a break from that and decided to start creating my own World Superleague structure.

So far I have:

World Premier League

World First Division

World Second Division

Regional First Division A / B / C

Regional Second Division A / B/ C / D / E / F

World Development Leagues A - O (15 leagues)

In total there are about 640 playable teams in the league structure' date=' with the vast vast majority of all the FIFA nations with representation.

However, I thought as good as that may be to play - how about making a new version of the Small to Big club challenge - A world challenge. So I now have relegation from the World Development Leagues, so that a previously unplayable team in the league structure can become playable. Currently you could play as one of 150 previously unplayable teams.

[b']So, question is - would anyone want to play in this form of small to big club challenge?[/b]

I have all the leagues in place, just need to refine the leagues, so I could set up the challenge by next weekend if interest is there. :)

In addition, I would be willing to let a reliable member of the forums run a sign up from the database if there is interest in that.

Similar to the one I posted a few weeks ago, but no one responded!

How are your regional leagues set up?

OMG, an Andorran challenge??? Count me in!!

But it could mean I'd be splitting myself between that and WW's challenge, as they're both great ideas

(For anyone that doesn't know, I relly have a thing for Andorra, it all started with the Extreme League Sign-up WW run a few years ago, but has continued on and I now regularly name teams after them in sign-ups!

Hello, a few months ago I posted an idea for a sign up that I had.

The basic idea of this new sign up, is that 14 of you sign up, along with myself making a total of 15. Then each person is randomly allocated 1 of 15 different teams in England, Italy or Spain (the teams will be the five teams from each Nation with the highest reputation. E.G - Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & City. Then another random allocation will place the 15 of us, into 5 groups of 3.

The idea of the sign up is to have the 5 groups of 3 all battling it out against each other to win the sign up. Each in game, game week will see the 15 teams play games in their respective leagues. The results of these games will earn their 'user' money (300 pound for a win, 100 for a draw, 0 for a loss). For example, if Arsenal win, rancer890 will get 300 pound. The money earned will then be combined with the other 2 people in your group. For example, say Arsenal win, Man City lose and Inter Milan draw. For that game week, your group has 400 pound.

The money that your group earn will then go towards getting your group around Europe quicker than the other 5 groups. I will not go into too much detail yet, but the basic concept is that you travel across Europe in your groups (this is all fictional) by spending the money that you've earned in-game.

-

I am posting this in here just to see if anyone else wants to reserve a place. I asked people if they wanted to reserve a place originally at the end of my previous sign up, and about 8 people did so they were all PM'ed. I also PM'ed 3 or 4 people that were posted the most in that sign up. Since I have now received all of my PM's back (or at least I think I have), I have filled 11 places. If anyone wants to reserve a place now (on a first come, first served basis) then you have until this time tomorrow. I don't know if all 4 places will have gone by then, but I know that most regular people read this thread, so I thought leaving it for 24 hours would be fairer for those in different Timezones, than leaving it open in here until around 10/11 tonight.

Thanks,

Paul.

What do you guys think of a challenge where you take over any national team from the start of the game and try to take them to World Cup (or future competitions) glory using only players that have never been capped? Then, you can only use the players that made their debut for the national team during your reign as manager e.g. If Wilshere is given his first cap by you as England manager then he is still allowed to play for your England team for the rest of his career due to him making his deubt under your management.

Just thinking through some ideas for my next sign-up (obviously got "It Could be You... to finish first) and can't decide whether to :

(1) Re-do this but with "Races" being seasonal and going to a different league every season.

(2) Re-do it but using clubs instead of players in their own "F1 League"

(3) Re-do it exactly as it was but seriously cut down on the updates because I don't have anything like that sort of time anymore.

(4) Something else that I havent thought of yet but probably club based.

WhoopyD, I was just about to ask about the F1 sign-up, because you mentioned that it could be making a return for FM10. I reckon keeping to a similar formula to the lst version would be best, but with renaming the teams. For example, Celtic-Ferrari, Rangers-Red Bull, Dundee-Manor F1 ect.

The days of the brilliant Webber-McBob partnership, ahhhh the memories.....

I had an idea for a challenge that seems as if it would have been done before, so I must ask . . . has there ever been a master challenge? One that sought to prove that you could find success managing in any situation?

Here are the winning conditions I had in mind:

1)Win a league title on every continent-forcing players to adapt to different football cultures and climates.

2)At least one of these titles must be a lower league (any second division or lower)-forcing players to succeed with less talent and resources.

3)Win a continental title with any club (e.g. the Champions League)-forcing players to succeed at the highest level, with the highest pressure.

4)Qualify for the World Cup OR win any international tournament with a national team from each continent-same idea as #1 but forcing players to win with the players they're given. I originally wanted WC qualifying only but that might make the length of the challenge ridiculous so I made it a bit easier.

5)Win a continental title with any national team (e.g. the African Cup of Nations).

6)Win the World Cup with any national team-the objective of the last two requirements is for the master manager to prove he can achieve the highest honors in the game.

Has anything like this been done before? I know there have been international challenges, and lots of club growth challenges, but has anyone ever tried to put it all together? This would be quite an undertaking and would require many game years of play. At the same time, though, you want to achieve quickly so you can move on to the next task.

Thoughts?

WhoopyD, I was just about to ask about the F1 sign-up, because you mentioned that it could be making a return for FM10. I reckon keeping to a similar formula to the lst version would be best, but with renaming the teams. For example, Celtic-Ferrari, Rangers-Red Bull, Dundee-Manor F1 ect.

The days of the brilliant Webber-McBob partnership, ahhhh the memories.....

Shame Webber never really matched the heights of his team mate ;)

Anyway, the problem with that format is there's no control over where the players go so people can be disadvantaged if they move somewhere like Russia or an unplayable league which seems a bit unfair. That and massive amount of time it took to do each update. I'll have a think anyway.

Hmm . . . bit disappointing that both my ideas went over like a sack of potatoes. Ah, well.

Join the club! I posted a idea a few weeks ago and got no response, then someone else posts the same idea and gets lots of interest. Strange world.

Yours does look challenging, I wouldn't have the time to do it, since I'm wrapped up in my World League right now.

has anyone ever tried coming up with a signup where they sign up as managers instead of players, and see how there careers go, or am i arriving late to the party with that thought

or failling that some sort of sign up, where the players are young footballers from a country that finds itself under the control of a crazed dictatoer, who send theese footballers out into the professional world of football, to make a name for his country, but as hes crazy every year he eliminates the players with the lowest reputation?

I've seen managers used before, but I'm not sure I've seen it done quite that way. What I mean is, the sign-up was focused on creating a team and the user would just make up their manager to go with it. I don't know that I've seen one where creating a manager was the purpose. To be honest, though, isn't that what the game itself is about? Personally, I would not have any interest in watching the progress of an AI version of myself.

There have been plenty of "national team dictator" or "super player laboratory" type ideas. BUT, yours has a very, very interesting twist. Like a combination of the Djibouti sign-up and the "It could be you . . ." sign-up. If that hasn't been done, I say go for it, because that sounds really interesting.

just created my own database, its based on WW's idea of Super League but mine is based on reputation and with an added twist. Ive based mine on the British Virgin Island, adding 4 leagues, World League 1, World League 2, World Leage 3 - A,B,C,D and World League 4 - A,B,C,D. With 4 Cups, BVI Super Cup with all leagues in it, BVI Upper Cup WL1 and WL2, BVI Lower Cup WL3 and WL4, BVI Winners Cup winner of BVI Upper Cup against Winner of BVI Lower Cup. The idea of this sign-up is take an added team; BVI FC who is a team full of BVI internationals only, to glory by winning all 4 cups and winning all 4 leagues, this could take you at least 4 seasons but you can only use BVI Internationals, with second nationality BVI being allowed

Kenco, you and minisav are right on about the length of the challenge. I do see that as the major hinderance, as it would require quite a lengthy game save to pull off. Any ideas on how I could make it more managable while retaining the intent and uniqueness of the challenge?

Also, as far as ideas going bad, my impression is that there there is only a small percentage of the CSE crowd that visits this thread unless their trying to sell an idea. So the feedback from here may not reflect how well the idea may go over on the full board.

No idea how to sort it.

Your main problem is the fact that long challenges are normally beaten by the ones that are there such as the small club to big club or the Double challenges.

And you're right that not many people do come into this thread. Normally see this thread as a way to iron out any problems before you post it/get some kind of interest.

I just had an idea for an experiment and was wondering if anyone would be interested.

Basically, my plan is to use the transfer embargo edt file to enforce a transfer embargo on every team in the Football League & Premiership that would end in 2020 (Just an example date) and then holiday to see how the AI reacts. e.g. If teams spent their spare money on youth facilities or not, how the premier league clubs would cope in Europe etc.

I would then do yearly updates with a a little bit of information on each team such as promising regens etc and also track the fortunes of the England team.

Its just a brief idea so far and I'm open for suggestions on how to improve it. :thup: