Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about using a multiplier as suggested. However, each competition already needs a multiplier of sorts for each trophy win. For example, if your Premier League team wins the FA Cup and it is worth 50 points, your other teams would get more points for that same achievement, i.e. CCC=100, L1 = 300, L2 = 500. Multipliers might be overkill.

POINTS TABLE:                   STARTING LEAGUES:

COMPETITION:                    PLG   CCC   LG1   LG2

Premier League Winners          100   300   900  2700
Top Four Finish                  50   150   450  1350

Championship Winners            ===   100   300   900
Other Promotion                 ===    50   150   450

League 1 Winners                ===   ===   100   300
Other Promotion                 ===   ===    50   150

League 2 Winners                ===   ===   ===   100
Other Promotion                 ===   ===   ===    50

FA Cup Winners                   50   150   450  1350

League Cup Winners               50   150   450  1350

Community Shield Winners         25    75   225   675

Johnstones Paint Trophy         ===   ===   100   300

Champions League                200   600  1800  5400

Europa League                   100   300   900  2700

European Super Cup               50   150   450  1350

World Club Championship         200   600  1800  5400

RESTRICTED TEAMS:
When you choose your starting four teams, each team must be from a different division of the English league.
In addition, you may only choose two of the following in your four teams.

Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United

Newcastle United

Leeds United

Notts County

OK, thats what I'm proposing at moment. Would value imput re: teams and points.

• 2 weeks later...

As the calendar turns to February and the last patch is on the horizon, it is time for me to plan for my new regen tracking thread. I have my own ideas for how to expand on last year, but I am taking any suggestions to try to get all parts of the experiment fleshed out before I actually start the save.

Here is last year's thread for reference:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=108196

Here are some of the things that I know will happen in this year's edition:

-English regen nationalities each year

-Tracking of 170+ PA regens as they spawn and as they progress in their careers

-Tracking Blackburn's progress in the game

-Following all of Blackburn's regens and their CA and PA

-Monitoring the general progress of the football world

-Information on winners of major trophies in the loaded leagues as well as the European and International competitions

-Screenshots of top players, international squads, and other interesting items

New this year:

-New set of leagues: Austria (same reset date as England)

-Austrian regen nationalities each year

-Tracking of high PA regens in Austria as they spawn and go on with their careers (Right now I am thinking PA 150 should be the cutoff, but I would be open to 140 or a number suggested by someone else. My one season test gave me 4 or 5 170+ PAs in England and 3 or 4 150+ PAs in Austria)

-Tracking Grazer AK, which was once a big club who got relegated for financial reasons, but usually get promoted into the playable leagues

-Following Grazer AK regens in their careers while also taking down their CAs and PAs

-Counting numbers of English players in Austria and Austrian players in England

Some things I would like more input on:

-New name (English Regen Analysis no longer applies with Austria in this year's version. I have some of my own ideas, but I would like to see if anyone has anything really creative.)

-Relevant screenshots (Last year I did four top regens for every odd year of the update and four international teams in the even years to coincide with the Euros/World Cup. Ideally I would like a few more screenshots per year than my last version. I would like to know which other things would be useful on an annual basis that are best captured in a screenshot. I am thinking that I will definitely take pictures of the leading transfers in England and Austria each season. Something like the team of the year in England might also be interesting. I also want more screenshots of the histories of regens.)

-Recaps/Awards (I really liked the idea of the awards last season, but having them for each group of regens was excessively time-consuming. I still want to do some kind of recaps of each year of regens after they all retire so that we can remember some of the important ones. Right now, I am thinking of having the awards be an experiment-wide awards. That means that we will nominate people for awards after they retire. I am thinking of having more awards than last year and most all of them will be named after players from last year's experiment. If you followed this last year and have any award ideas or players you think should be remembered, I would like them. I will post ones that I have come up with soon. We don't need to have a final list until at least 15 years into the experiment or so, so this can be ongoing.)

-Any new things to track or cover (I am always open to new suggestions and getting them as soon as possible means that I can incorporate them quickly. Keep in mind that this is a year-by-year experiment, meaning that I holiday to June 24th each year to get information on what happened during the season and then I holiday one day forward to get the new crop of regens before sending it forward another year.)

This experiment will start after the patch comes out and a compatible version of Genie Scout exists, so get those suggestions in and I will do my best to answer those burning regen questions that you may have.

I'm thinking of starting a sign-up for a predictions game based on my World League structure. Simple format, basically I would post a list of fixtures in each game week for users to predict the results. 3 points awarded for a correct scoreline, 1 point for the correct result (home win, away win or draw), -1 point for an incorrect result and a point per goal for correctly predicting the scoreline in a game with 4 goals or more.

This is likely to be a long-term sign-up as I will probably allow a week of real time for each game week, to give users plenty of time to post me their predictions.

Anybody interested in this?

That's what I found with my Predictions League Competition. We started with 20 odd people posting predictions regularly and it was a really exciting format. But the interest died pretty quickly and I was continuously putting in all the hard work, for only about 6 consistent people. In the end it wound up due to problems with my hard-drive, as well as school and work comittments, but it was a lot of fun.

Here it is if you wanted to have a look Kenco.

Thanks for the info fellas, I knew it had been done before but thought there may be more interest in a World League version, which could throw up some interesting fixtures. I would be picking fixtures based on users' favourite teams rather than just the top division, so there will be games from various different divisions.

I'm involved in one of these in real life with 20 people, where most of these people have been involved since about 1998 without missing a season so thought people would be more committed.

I want to do something with my World League, but something low maintenance as I don't have time for lots of detailed updates. I think I'll start a thread anyway and see how much interest I can get. Ideally I would like about 20 users, but people will be able to drop in and out.

Both seems pretty big to me. Of course the number of sign up spots have a saying.

I am thinking about trying to add the 7th tier to England and start a team there. Or perhaps in Denmark where it is possible to add 3 series beneath the 2nd Division.

I am also thinking about making a team where sign-ups have to have certain names taken from some sort of name generator.

I just want the sign up to have some sort of twist/uniqueness that makes it slight different from others.

I've been thinking a bit more on this. I really want the sign up to have some sort of Scandinavian feel about it, but I felt that doing it IN Scandinavia wouldn't be much interesting to most people.

Then I came across this idea of setting up a team of Scandinavian players in the BSN based on the Vikings raid on England (Harrogate Town, which is the closest to York which the Vikings seemed to attack a lot). Player's names would be generated from a Name Generator.

Perhaps create a whole new nation in which the players would generate from and then follow both the players and the nation.

How does this sound?

What should I take into consideration when creating:

a) players with Scandinavian/vikingish nationality in England?

b) a whole new nation from which players come from?

c)

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes in creating this kind of database. My only experience is a sign-up on FM08.

What kind of CA/PA should the players, the club and the nation have in order to not the the beast of the league but still being able stay away from relegation?

I imagine I also have to create board members, managers, staff members etc ?

Hmm this is beginning to sound more and more complex :D

So you going to try and work it like the Welsh teams in the English league so the regens all come out as Viking nationality?

Yeah that was generally my idea. I am thinking of creating 'Viking-land' with 2 or more cities and then let players be born from there.

Do I need to create a whole league structure?

Find the media predictions for the squads in the league and find the CA/PA of their players to see where they would fit :thup:

Ah good idea. I can just compare team currently in BSS/BSN and then create the team on an average.

Can I see the media prediction through the editor?

Well I'm pretty much done with creating a new nation and I am about to look at stadium and team. Now I just have some questions for you experts ;)

1. How do you follow the players and teams progress? As a manager for the team or just as an unemployed chap?

1.a. If you're the manager, do you then let the Ass Man do the job? I was just wondering if I might get too tempted in using the same players all the time instead of each player getting a fair chance.

2. I've set the rival nations to include England. Will this cause any problems with the team residing and playing in England?

3. I'm just looking to add the stadium and I can't figure out why there is a difference in the info about a stadium when looking at a team and when looking at the stadium itself

Example:

I looked up all teams in BSN to get a feel about min and max attendance and I found AFC Telford. Now in the stadium tab is says:

Attendance: 1973

Min Attendance: 900

Max Attendance: 10500

All good but when I then look at the stadium it says:

Capacity: 6300

Seating Capacity: 2200

Expansion capacity: 14000

That doesn't add up. How can they have a max attendance of 10500 when the capacity is either 6300 or 8500 (6300+2200) ?

1. How do you follow the players and teams progress? As a manager for the team or just as an unemployed chap?

There are both types of sign-ups run, sometimes as manager other times unemployed. Depends if you want to control or not.

1.a. If you're the manager, do you then let the Ass Man do the job? I was just wondering if I might get too tempted in using the same players all the time instead of each player getting a fair chance.

Again its up to you, if I am actually managing I always feel better playing myself, but you can just decide, they have been done multiple ways.

2. I've set the rival nations to include England. Will this cause any problems with the team residing and playing in England?

It shouldn't at all cause any problems, is the teams stadium set to be in the new nation?

3. I'm just looking to add the stadium and I can't figure out why there is a difference in the info about a stadium when looking at a team and when looking at the stadium itself

Example:

I looked up all teams in BSN to get a feel about min and max attendance and I found AFC Telford. Now in the stadium tab is says:

Attendance: 1973

Min Attendance: 900

Max Attendance: 10500

All good but when I then look at the stadium it says:

Capacity: 6300

Seating Capacity: 2200

Expansion capacity: 14000

That doesn't add up. How can they have a max attendance of 10500 when the capacity is either 6300 or 8500 (6300+2200) ?

The max attendance is the number of fans who would come as a maximum at this point if they had a big enough stadium I believe, so they can never have more than 10500 fans turn up. Not 100% sure that is correct, but it is how I believe it. Also the capacity is 6300 (2200 seated) meaning 4100 standing spaces.

The Rise and Rise of Asian Football

The Asian Football Confederation wants to improve its footballing reputation in the world. The AFC have made attempts to improve the quality of Asian football, first with the improvements to the Champions League and pushing for more Professional leagues, but this is not enough. They have decided to genetically create 25 fantastic talents to one day bring an AFC nation to become World Cup Champions and to have an Asian player win the World Player of the Year, among other global honours.

They will all have EU passports to have an easier transition of playing in Europe but they must declare for an AFC nation. Everyone will start unattached. No more than 2 other nationalities per player (so no more than 3 total nationalities/player, with AFC nation declared of course).

Sign-up info will probably mirror spartans' format (if he doesn't mind :p). The number of loaded leagues will be determined by what nationalities the players are, although here's my preferred minimum:

• all AFC leagues setup by SI (no xml files) - 13 leagues
  • England - 6 leagues
  • France - 4 leagues
  • Germany - 3 leagues
  • Holland - 2 leagues
  • Italy - 4 leagues
  • Portugal - 3 leagues
  • Russia - 2 leagues
  • Scotland - 4 leagues
  • Spain - 3 leagues
  • USA - 1 league

According to my mathematics, that's 45 leagues. My laptop can handle up to 100 (well it was fine for a year in game at least), although I have no intention of loading that many. 60-70 would be fine for longevity, and 80 would be the max I will go towards loading leagues.

This is a holiday save. I will not be managing a club.

Now I'm just thinking...

• should I include xml file leagues. Some of them have problems with resetting the leagues in the future. (trust me I've tested some of the AFC xml files, and there are issues :(). Should I include them?
  • West Asia is underrepresented in the game and there is not a single West Asian league. Should the signup involve only nations that have the league loaded? There are obviously a limited number of AFC nations but refer to point #1 about xml files. Although in Eurovision there are players playing in unplayable leagues.

This is not a competition with getting points and such but more of an 'experiment' (I can't think of a better word) to try and get an AFC nation to become a major global power.

Any suggestions/comments?

There are both types of sign-ups run, sometimes as manager other times unemployed. Depends if you want to control or not.

I do want the control and I think it will give a better feel about the club and the players.

Again its up to you, if I am actually managing I always feel better playing myself, but you can just decide, they have been done multiple ways.

It shouldn't at all cause any problems, is the teams stadium set to be in the new nation?

Yes the stadium is (will be) set in the new nation. I've also made the stadium the country's national stadium.

The max attendance is the number of fans who would come as a maximum at this point if they had a big enough stadium I believe, so they can never have more than 10500 fans turn up. Not 100% sure that is correct, but it is how I believe it. Also the capacity is 6300 (2200 seated) meaning 4100 standing spaces.

Aah so even though the stadium is expanded to 14000, "only" 10500 will maximum show up?

I'd just like to say how completely void of idea's I am for a sign-up this year. I've very nearly finished my "It Could Be You...." one and have been trying to think of something to run when it's finished for months but have managed to come up with nothing that really excites me. Decided to dedicate this evening to reading through this thread, trying to find some inspiration but it hasn't happened. :thdn:

Not entirely sure what the point of this post is, just expressing my frustrations I guess :D

Right. I'm still in the process of creating the database. Some more questions:

1. Do I create a reserve and U18 team? I can see none of the other teams in BSN have, but how can they play matches then?

2. What is the difference in 'reserve stadium' and alternative stadium?

3. I notice I can set a sugar daddy. What are the 3 options - foreground, background, underwriter?

4. What is 'public limited company'?

cheers!

1. Do I create a reserve and U18 team? I can see none of the other teams in BSN have, but how can they play matches then?

3. I notice I can set a sugar daddy. What are the 3 options - foreground, background, underwriter?

cheers!

anyone that could help me out?

cheers!

1. I don't think BSN/BSS teams have reserve teams playing matches, but there should be at least a U18 team so the youth can play in games.

2. Not sure

3. Foregorund - keeps pumping money, like Man City. I remember one of the other two pumps money into the club if they're in debt, and I don't remember the only one.

4. PLC have shareholders, which probably means you have to give back money to them if you make big profit.

Hope that helps a bit..

Guest roberto922
I'm sure that someone said in here that they were interested in running a spin-off to my 'The Mole' sign up. I think I said yes at the time, but I'd like to retract that now as I plan to run one myself in the summer.

Nice one, enjoyed it last time, though it was unfortunately short lived, iirc due to the Mole being banned? (think it was Frazza Pee)

Could always re-do the F1 Sign-up Whoopy? :D

I always wanted to do a Benjamin Button style sign-up, using FMTRE where a player would lose a year in age each year, like starting at 35 before getting younger each season, but I have never had the time unfotunetly. This is also an idea from years ago that I quite liked.

1. I don't think BSN/BSS teams have reserve teams playing matches, but there should be at least a U18 team so the youth can play in games.

2. Not sure

3. Foregorund - keeps pumping money, like Man City. I remember one of the other two pumps money into the club if they're in debt, and I don't remember the only one.

4. PLC have shareholders, which probably means you have to give back money to them if you make big profit.

Hope that helps a bit..

thanks rancer :thup: But I am still unsure about the reserve/u18 teams. I cannot find any BSN/BSS team with either of them, so I don't get it :(