Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Experiment Idea

Just A Few Average Clubs...

The idea is, that 7 clubs are created and placed in the Blue Square Premier. The clubs are creating by finding averages. E.G -

Club 1 - Premier Division FC: This club is based solely on the average of statistics of Premier Division clubs. For example, their reputation will be the average of all current premier division clubs (6850 I think). Their stadium, facilities finances etc would all be the average of the premier division clubs. I found the reputation average by adding them all together and dividing by 20, I'm not sure if it is 6850 exactly, but it was between 6800 and 6900.

This is then repeated for all the playable divisions in the English league.

The idea then, is to see whether in the long term each of the 7 clubs would be in the division they are based on. Would Premier Division FC find themselves in the Premier Division, would Blue Square South FC be in the Blue Square South etc.

I have no interest or time to actually run it, but the idea is out there for someone to try.

I'm thinking of remaking my Strictly French Football Sign up.

Link to the failed version

The general idea is as follows.

I get 20 people to sign up. People are paired together through a draw, and then drawn a top flight French team as well.

At the start of each season, I set a specific challenge (e.g Goals scored by the pairing) .I then Holiday through a season. At the end of the season, the team with the lowest average average rating, gets removed.

The next two lowest teams enter the play-off. A combination of the special challenge and votes from the other signupees, lead to another team being removed. There will also be, if I can manage it, a prize for the teams winning.

This then continues for a further 10 seasons (19-29 age wise), until we have a winner!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I remember that one weeeman. I'll be interested in participating again. :thup:

Oh, and why is there no Small club to Big club Africa challenge? I posted here that I was dropping South Africa from my challenge, and there was a bit of interest in the African continent.

Most of the African leagues are ready to download in the Editors forum. And there's also a db ready so you can play with real players. I often raid Africa for talent as an Asian club, and I would be interested in playing if anyone creates an African challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Return of the Fafeful

Hey Everyone, I haven't really got into FM10 yet following a poor occurance in my budding Big Euro Game, I was playing in a Cup Match and won on penalties for the Bug to strike and to lose in ET. So I am looking at a way to get back into it with a Sign-up now I am posting here for suggestions from people on ideas and other possible suggestions. Now I am going to be running from a lot of ideas and cutting it down, now so many of the sign-ups seem based in England, well mine will not be, I am heading off to the Spiritual Home I found in FM09, with the addition of the Editor I am going to add a realistic Portuguese 3rd Division. And I am going to be taking over AD Fafe, the title of the Sign-up will be "Return of the Fafeful" or something similar, if anyone has a suggestion for a better title go ahead, the only real idea I have right now as going with the idea of being Fafeful would mean that obviously all the Players would have a Loyalty of 20. I would be looking at taking on about 16 sign-ups with the possibility for good followers to be able to take over a Regen that comes through.

So we have AD Fafe, 20 Loyalty, and the rest would probably be decided from my sign-up form. What I am asking for from all here is a few ideas for any extra things that could be added to the sign-up that might make the whole idea a bit more fun for everyone, whether I include a scoring system. So just looking for some additional ideas if anyone would like to help me out.

I think the format is fine as it is really mate, I seem to remember wisla? starting one similar based in Northern Ireland? which was good whilst it lasted. It means you just have follow all the players and team as a whole and then hopefully as many as possible remain with the club. Sometimes the simplest ideas work the best and there's no need to complicate them.

EDIT: A quick search found that very sign-up if that's the sort of thing you're after.

Thanks Whoopy, I actually remember that one of Wisla's and would hope to be able to provide something like the level he kept up until it failed. And I will definitely look around for other tips to a good sign-up, after my first attempt failed miserably (Outcasts), it was too much work doing a club sign-up I think that a players sign-up starting at the bottom with myself managing the team will be a much better way to go about it. I hope no-one minds, but I will be looking to other sign-ups for a few ideas, I will try to credit these additions as best I can. I will get to work on it tomorrow after work. (17 hours or so from now) First step is add the next level down in Portugal so we have somewhere to start, will try to make it as realistic as possible.

Well the thread is open, Return of the Fafeful, Hope you all come and join me. I have managed to find a rough idea of the rules for the Third Division, but if I can't find more I may end up adding a few of my own in there if needed. Will just make it a pretty standard league and base it off the 2nd Division if I fail to find the true rules.

Okay, thanks to inspiration from Des about his Fafe signup, I thought of a new challenge (since after my experience with FM: A New World signups, I realize I can never finish them :p)

SI Youth Projects/Legends Challenge (SC2BC Challenges All-Stars Challenge?)

This idea is something similar to the Real London CSE challenge last year, except this one is based on the well known legends in CSE. So what if Danny Roberts and Andrew Smylie played together? What if all the legends and Youth HOFamers played together?

I plan to include all the legends/youth projects that CSE have seen in this challenge, but then I realize, we have Roberts, Smylie, John Adam, Kevin Fry, Liu Lijia, Zhu Jinhui, and probably a couple other well known candidates from other challenges who can play striker! Too many strikers and not enough GKs! :D

So my second thought: why not create two teams? Or one for each challenge, and if there's not enough numbers for some teams, open it as a signup and let some people add in the numbers.

Proposed teams:

dafuge's Challenge All-Stars

Gundo's Challenge All-Stars

Big Euro Challenge All-Stars

rancer890's Challenge All-Stars

Razer82's Challenge All-Stars

and maybe...

San Marino Double Challenge All-Stars

Another question I thought to myself is: do I just setup these players with their names and personal information, and leave the stats random, or try to re-create these players as close as I can to the real ones? And what league should I put them (I thinking of a World Superleague and just replacing one of the teams)?

What do you guys think about this? I have a lot of ideas but can't really put them together. :D

I plan to include all the legends/youth projects that CSE have seen in this challenge, but then I realize, we have Roberts, Smylie, John Adam, Kevin Fry, Liu Lijia, Zhu Jinhui, and probably a couple other well known candidates from other challenges who can play striker!

Gives me a spin-off idea. Find the lowest reputation league and then get all the greatest CSE players and put them in it? Nep always said it was the weakness of the league that made his players so great. Imagine how good Roberts would have been in that league?

Small Club to Big Club All-Stars Challenge

There will be 3 stages before I can actually start:

1. The Players: Gathering all the All-Stars from the various challenges and accurately creating them
  2. The Clubs: Creating club setups, coaches, and the like
  3. The League: where to actually start the challenge...

NOTE: I am open to make it a minor signup, and let 5-10 players start out as newgens at the 5 clubs.

The Aim: To Bring one of the 5 Small Club to Big Club All-Stars to global glory!

The Setup: I am thinking of a World League database, but I don't know which one is stable. I also want to put them in the lowest division, but they all might get mad and want to move to bigger clubs... :p

I am thinking of either Kenco's, El Ricardo's, or WW's world leagues.

And they will have the same rules as the other challenges in this forum.

The 3 stages:

Players:

This is not a first-come first-served process like other signups. Firstly, you must provide proof your player actually exists, so I need a screenshot. Secondly, I would like to recreate your players as close to real life as possible. So I would prefer to know the player's personal information, including their hidden stats, as close to the real life counterpart as possible. If you don't know, I'll set the specific stat to 15, since your player had to be good somehow right? :p (since I don't want to leave it at 0, and have it randomized). Thirdly, since all players come at different times, you can choose whatever year in your players' career to start, so I would recommend that you choose your players to be in their prime...

Roster limit: will probably be around 20-25 players, with 3-4 GKs, 6-8 defenders, 6-8 midfielders, and 5 strikers. Only the best will be taken. And do note: the HOFamers in Neppo's Youth Project will get automatic entry. You just need to nominate the player, and he'll be added to the team.

dafuge's challenge

Gundo's challenge

Big Euro challenge

rancer890's challenge

Razer82's challenge

I will also be open to allowing 5-10 newgens per club. And please note, you're a 16 year old. If you set it too early like 2010, you will never get a game. Because Mr. Danny Roberts will be playing 100% of the time. :D

As for their contract status. I might just give them 20 year contracts. And all players will set to 20 as loyalty, so they don't leave the club. And maybe set to hate all the big clubs.

The clubs:

Each club will probably have 15 training facilities and 15 youth facilities with youth academy to start (they'll all get to 20 and 20 eventually anyways :p). They will obviously be Professional. I will probably set their reputation from the start at around 5000-6000 (or maybe higher?). The chairman will have favourable stats so players won't get sold over your head, but will not be a sugar daddy. All clubs will start off with a perfect manager (200 CA/PA), since the players' manager (aka you) was probably very talented as well. But no other staff.

The league:

I prefer a world league, but not something with too many subdivisions, because some may not have the computer requirements. This is the only part I'm undecided.

-----------

Signup sheet

Players

[font=Courier New]Name:
Personal Information (screenshot preferred, and doesn't have to be take at the same time as the attributes screenshot):
Positions ([/font][font=Courier New]screenshot preferred, and doesn't have to be take at the same time as the attributes screenshot[/font][font=Courier New]):
Nationality:
Screenshot of Attributes:
Hidden Attributes (screenshot preferred, or everything will be set at 15):
Why should he be a SC2BC all-star?: 
[/font]

Newgens

[font=Courier New]Name:
Nationality:
Year to enter:
Team to enter:
[/font]

And please note, if you're chosen to be one of the players, you can't choose to have a newgen as well. Only choose one of the signup sheets.

----

Phew...that took a while. I just need a league to start in, and I'll be fine.

Hi folks.

I have been running a sign-up 'Top2Bottom' for a while now and it's a good laugh. Basically, people have created their own teams from scratch and now are just sitting back and watching how their sides do. Hope some of you have seen or are enjoying being part of it.

Was thinking the other week that it would be excellent to post the database up and set some mini-challenges to do from the game. Basically, I was hoping that folk could give me some advice about what I'd need to upload (the database is just an edited one but with some chairman/managers added) to do this and whether you think it would work.

Hey Ozzy, In the other European leagues they seem to just all be shoved in together. I had to recreate an entire set of divisions for the Portguese Third Division for my sign-up.

I personally think if someone wants to create the leagues realistically then Africa or Oceania would be a great one.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm planning to create a giant World League (depending on the new editor's capabilities), which once completed has the potential for various challenges/experiments. Eventually I might post this in here as a possible relatively small to big club challenge, as long as I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes in doing so.

It has the potential for you to take any club in the world (PC processor permitting) from relative unknowns to true World Champions.

Would people in the CSE forum be interested in something like this?

p.s. please note this is still in early planning stages at present, and is still a way off production. I have a thread in the Editor's Hideaway if you are interested in details, link below:

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158032

Following on from my idea of 2 months ago, I finally have a database ready for use. Would people be interested in this type of challenge? If so, I will start one.

My new idea is based on drafting & auctioning. It would only work for network games as you need to edit the DB yourself once every1 has drafted in their players.

Rules:

• Teams must have 21-23 players
  • Each team has a budget of £150m

The players who are auctioned can be decided in two ways:

• The host picks the players and shows the list to some of the members prior to the auction to make sure he hasn't missed any obvioius players

OR

• Each participant goes in turn in naming a player and he is auctioned on the spot until each member has 21-23 players in their team.

Do u think I should change anything or does seem good :thup:

I think its popularity will depend on whether people think it is better than WW's one

That's true, I may just post it as an alternative to WW's, I was thinking of running some kind of sign-up with it, but my creative mind is missing and I can't think of anything interesting!

I was thinking of doing a sign-up that will involve lots of participation. Basically it involves one of you guys (chairman) creating a club and then appointing a manager from the people who have signed up to play as managers. The chairman will be given full control of the club e.g. hiring and firing, allocating budgets, and whether they want to upgrade their training youth or stadium (at a cost of course). The manager will be in charge of the team, the match day squad etc... Signings and generally everything that you are usually allowed to do as a manager in the game. The manager will also appoint an assistant manager who is also the scout, they will be in charge of assisting the manager in reccomendations formation etc... and will also be able to give me a list of five people an in game week who they would like their manager to scout and possibly sign.

This will be run on my computer and i will give you all the information you would want to know. It will probably be run as soon as possible but will be slow until the 15th January when all my work is handed in after Christmas. Would there be much interest?

I was thinking of trying to do a FM10 version of corinthiano's fantastic agent sign-up and I wondered what people would think of it. It would be quite similar in style to the original as it was expertly done by him but he didn't seem as if he'd want to do a FM10 version.

Here is the fantastic original

That sign-up was simply incredible, but a lot of committment is needed to it, a massive amount of time!

I am aware and I don't know if I can update as regularly as he did but I can give it a good go

Would you be interested in being in this version as well both of you?