Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah I would've done the same thing, I ended up signing up to what looks like a great Club sign-up that Wegason has made :) That application took a while haha

I did that this morning :D

Don't know whether my application will be good enough though, didn't have enough time to do it as detailed as I would have liked.

Grrr I hate them with a Passion, and I hope they lose more customers because of it.

I think a 30min wait no matter time of day on the helpline is also disgusting, oh or 4 hours for a response on the website...bloody gross.

I think the competition in that Key to Sucess sign-up is going to be massive, there will be lots of forms and only 10 spots (Hopefully more) Corinthiano - where did you place your team?

Grrr I hate them with a Passion, and I hope they lose more customers because of it.

I think a 30min wait no matter time of day on the helpline is also disgusting, oh or 4 hours for a response on the website...bloody gross.

I think the competition in that Key to Sucess sign-up is going to be massive, there will be lots of forms and only 10 spots (Hopefully more) Corinthiano - where did you place your team?

Can someone kindly point to this Key to Success signup? :o

I put mine in Newquay, went for the Cornwall not having any decent teams, but saw that someone went for Truro in that region as well. So unless a rivalry is created there one ofus won't get it...

I am still going to follow the sign-up even if don't ge a place, the idea looks amazing and I think Wgason will do an excellent job.

Someone point m12315432643764755475437648585 in its general direction so he can learn how to do an opening post...

It looks great though

He has also made an entry, though he didn't fill it in completely or read the post where it said, please PM this to me ;)

And Blanco I think he has less numbers than that, but I could be wrong, wouldn't want to be accusing the wrong m183848403 now :)

Looks like it can be a quality AI experiment...kudos to Wegason. :thup:

I like it, but I'm just too tired atm to do my writeup...played some football with some mates. Totally battered right now. :( (it's pre-season for me. I follow MLS schedule :p)

And some of you may know (think only Des knows :p), but I have been doing a little experiment with a no player db. I've been thinking of what variables I can use for this experiment, and how many leagues should I load if I do go ahead with this experiment. It will be a holiday-only experiment.

Any ideas possibly about this? I've always been interested in no player db and saves and would love to do an experiment with it.

He has also made an entry, though he didn't fill it in completely or read the post where it said, please PM this to me ;)

There's a reason I did that, put the form away from the instructions.

I think the idiom would be, 'to sort the wheat from the chaff.' ;)

Edit: My previous body of work

New Dawn in a New Land Challenge

AI Experiment - Birth of a New Nation - Award Winning! :D

Generally most NP DB's are about rebalancing the world, but most have failed as the league reps don't change and as such the best players still gravitate towards those major leagues, possible ways to fix this would be to go through and try and fix the league reps of each country to similar, so top level in each country is 20 and 2nd tier is 15 and so on, but really I think using a NP database would just be a great way to test the regens generated world wide, so depending on how many leagues you can run would decide how you do it.

So my ideas:

Just NP database no other changes.

Focus on the Regen Quality as your experiment (Extensions on this idea)

Leagues: I would suggest a range of leagues, not sure what your computer can handle, but I personally say avoid england, everyone does england :p

Thanks for the input Des. :thup:

My current 'test' is already reshaping the footballing landscape. Only in 2010, but I've already seen...

• countries like Albania, Qatar, and Bosnia making the World Cup
  • an Australia-Argentina WC Final, with Australia winning it all
  • an all Belgian Champions League final (although I did not load the Belgian league)
  • Manchester United losing 4-0 to AEK at home (also didn't load Greek league)
  • and the rest seem normal, although right now Man City are in relegation zone, but I think that should be normal. ;)

I've also done a test in FM08 last year with a no player db, and it seems that the teams that I didn't load are doing well in the international scene.

Just NP database no other changes. - a good idea. Personally I don't want to take too much of my time on this. I have coursework to do, but this no player db seems like a lot of fun, and it won't take me long for updates.

Focus on the Regen Quality as your experiment (Extensions on this idea) - I probably won't consider this idea. The threads I've seen about Regen Quality experiments seem to take a long, and I'm short on time. ;)

Leagues: I would suggest a range of leagues, not sure what your computer can handle, but I personally say avoid england, everyone does england :p- I would personally keep England, just to see Man City suffer :p. I'm not sure how many leagues should I choose. I have 10 leagues loaded in my test, and maybe I should also load some lesser known European leagues. I've been debating for a while how many leagues I should choose for a while now...just stick to Europe? Or load leagues from other nations too.

Anymore suggestions? I'll reply after I eat Canadian dinner lol.

I would load a couple of lesser known leagues - might show the effect of having the leagues loaded, so you can compare it with a similar country that you don't have loaded...

Oh, and going off topic, I'm planning on Greyhounding around the US and a bit of Canada in the summer, so what's worth seeing in Toronto??

G'day all.

I was supposed to start my Premiership Predictions League on Thursday, but have had huge computer problems all this week. Hopefully I'll be able to get on next Thursday and start it then because I'm really looking forward to getting it going. Sorry everyone, but looking forward to seeing as many people as possible participating!

Why? Are you interested in making another sign-up?

No teams are relegated from the Australian League and I don't think there is relegation from the 2nd tier of the South Korean league aswell. The MLS has no relegation, but I'm not sure that you'd want that.

I would load a couple of lesser known leagues - might show the effect of having the leagues loaded, so you can compare it with a similar country that you don't have loaded...

Oh, and going off topic, I'm planning on Greyhounding around the US and a bit of Canada in the summer, so what's worth seeing in Toronto??

Hmm ok. I have 10 leagues loaded in my test, so I'm thinking 5 'big' leagues and 5 'small' leagues (all based in Europe) for the actual experiment...

Big Leagues

• England - to BSN/BSS
  • France - to CFA
  • Germany - to Third Division
  • Italy - to Serie C2
  • Spain - to Second Division B

Small Leagues

• Sweden - to Second Division
  • Romania - to Second Division
  • N. Ireland - to Second Division
  • Belgium - to Third Division
  • Iceland - to First Division

I'm also thinking of an International experiment along with this no player DB and alter the reputations of 5 nations, with either...

one from each continent

Africa - Somalia (50) - Highest Rep is Ivory Coast (6000)

Asia - Guam (50) - Highest Rep is South Korea (6050)

Europe - San Marino (2050) - Highest Rep is Italy (9250)

N. America - Montserrat (100) - Highest Rep is Mexico (7150)

Oceania - American Samoa (50) - Highest Rep is New Zealand (3150)

Not including South America as Venezuela have the lowest rep in the continent - at 4200.

or...

5 European Nations

• San Marino (2050)
  • Luxembourg (2500)
  • Andorra (2550)
  • Armenia (2900)
  • Malta (3000)

Either way, what reputations should I set these poor nations to be competitive, but not dominate...

Cheers in advance with the output. :p

----

As for Toronto, there's quite a lot of attractions. If you come in August, there's the Canadian National Expedition (CNE), filled with attractions and rides alike, or another themepark is Paramount Canada's Wonderland. The Harbourfront Centre usually has a lot of events in the summer also.

There's quite a lot in the city, and also consider...

Museums and Markets

• Saint Lawrence Market
  • Hockey Hall of Fame
  • Ontario Science Centre
  • Roy Thomson Hall
  • Art Gallery of Ontario
  • Royal Ontario Museum
  • Canadian Warplane Museum
  • Toronto Aerospace Museum
  • Cullen Gardens
  • Toronto Zoo

Attractions

• CNE
  • Ontario Place
  • Wonderland
  • Old Fort York
  • Casa Loma

And you can also treat yourself to some Canadian soccer. ;)

Way nice one. I presume u think there should be a chairman attribute as well. Please fill it in mate. Right, I have two ideas:

1. I fill the teams from the island of Sodor with teams that have been successful over time e.g Huddersfields squad in the 20's and Man U's squad of 99.

2 I fill the teams using an order system(draft)

I like the first idea. Any thoughts?

You know what thoughts you are going to get here and if you read the Sticky dafuge put up yesterday, you'd know that if you did a new sign-up it would be closed or you'd have to abandon the other one you're running.

EDIT: Actually my mistake, it doesn't say anything about closing anything there, but it probably would be closed if you started a new one.

I posted this idea a couple of days ago ...

I had an idea for a sign-up that i wanted to run past you before just going ahead with it, whilst reading up on Nations that don't have FIFA recognition but still play there own tournaments like the one's run by the Nouvelle Federation-Board i came accross the Romani peoples Nation and thought how cool it would be to have an International football team that didn't even have it's own country (and not just like Palestine) but an entire nation of refugees (travellers, Gypsy's, Bohemians whatever you call them where your from). I've spent alot of spare time in the last week or so playing around with the editor testing a few of the ideas i'd need (i still want to run an holiday tonight has a final test) but the basic idea is to run the Nation with people submitting there own players and to also run possibly 4 clubs in 4 different league's to represent the geographic diversity of the people i'd personaly manage the Nation i think and update how everyone's players are doing.
The way i've set it up so far is to use CIS set has based in central europe and adding 4 new City's to create the regens with the rough longtitude and lattitude of neighbourhoods or areas frequented by Romani. I've also found a list of famous Romani descendants who have become footballers who i'm going to give Romani Nation has a second Nationality

The problem i've been trying to solve for the last 2 days is to do with people gaining citizenship (it isn't important for the sign up but i'm a perfectionist) non UK citizens gain but UK national's stay on 0 for days completed, anyone with any ideas has to what i could be doing wrong? Could it be to do with Longtitude and Latitude of city's i have set up?

Guest roberto922
Did no-one else find this hilarious!? :D

I preferred it when he used "u" in the post above his and then apologised for text speak :D

Most people use btw to be fair.

Guest roberto922

Ok then, Preston in the late 19th Century, Huddersfield in the 20s, Arsenal in the 30s, Everton 1927/28, Busbys Utd, nearly any Liverpool team from the 80s, Man Utd 98/99, Arsenal untouchables, Man Utd this season if they carry on the way they're going :thup:

Guest roberto922

If they manage to win the quintuple though, I'm not saying they are just that if they manage to win the quintuple they'll go down as one of the best.