Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roberto922
Sounds a good idea mate and I've no problem with it. The similarities are only in the voting out/ elimination which is a must really for the sign-up you're running ....

And I nicked your physical, mental and technical attributes for the signup form :D

I got an idea for a kind of transfer challenge. Basically each week a team is chosen and people play as that team, trying to do good business in the transfer window, making good purchases, selling players for a good fee and bringing in good youngsters etc. When the transfer window is over a contestant can submit a screenshot of their transfers during the window. At the end of the week anyone from the forum has the chance to vote for the person they think has done the best transfer dealings and the person with the most votes could decide the next team.

This is a very basic idea so i thought i would let people give me feedback as their are a few flaws the main one being that people could cheat by either giving themselves a bigger transfer budget, or taking over another team to get them players easily. Also on most of my games the same teams go for the same players during the first transfer window so their may not be too much variety.

People have said before that there are not enough short term challenges in here and i think this could be a good one to do, feedback however will be much appreciated

I don't think there are enough short-term challenges and this is an excellent idea IMO, and I think you should try it :thup:

And I nicked your physical, mental and technical attributes for the signup form :D

Yeah I noticed. Did you get rid of Determination in the Mental category? I noticed I'd put it there for some reason when it was a Person Data attribute! On FMX2, people were increasing/decreasing their Determination in sign-up but then I realised that I was setting Determination as person data based on the questions. I just kept quiet and decided that if people had not spotted the mistake, it was tough! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roberto922

tbf it makes it a good challenge if you start off with a pretty much blank squad, you could always just make it optional anyway, i.e. have the normal rules but if someone wants to they can start off at a lower level, although obviously it again depends on how easy to set up it is.

tbf it makes it a good challenge if you start off with a pretty much blank squad, you could always just make it optional anyway, i.e. have the normal rules but if someone wants to they can start off at a lower level, although obviously it again depends on how easy to set up it is.

It is actually easier to start off with a blank squad. Everyone knows that it is pretty easy to bring in a brand new squad on free transfers that is capable of winning the BSN/S, but having a squad full of awful players means you have to cut the existing wage bill first to bring in new players which isn't easy because no one will buy your players becasue they are rubbish. Free transferring them all costs quite a bit so a complete squad rebuild is quite financially demanding.

Could anyone work this out for me. Will Brentwood Town be playable? They are in the Ryman league.

They are in the Isthmian Div 1 North, so they would have a chance to be promoted to the Isthmian Premier, which is a feeder to the BSN/S.

They are in the Isthmian Div 1 North, so they would have a chance to be promoted to the Isthmian Premier, which is a feeder to the BSN/S.

Which means they may be available to play in next years challenge :) Depending on how you set it obviously...

This creating and editing of leagues is going to go down well on CSE isn't it?! :)

When I was reading the announcement, I immediately thought of CSE and all the people who want to create leagues and such!

Has given me an idea though: FMX-Factor - Manager Edition!

Like that idea GCB!

Although, I do like this new editing and stuff that will be available and will probably persuade me to do my first sign-up :thup:

I was thinking of creating a whole new country, like a CSE Nation, where the league would be 1 tier of 20 and 2 tiers of 18, if i could get enough teams, and we would see what would happen. I will obviously flesh out this idea as i get more details on the competition creator, but it would be based on that premise

Oh guys the editor is going to be amazing...Creating leagues brand new (My Old World) will be amazing, and then also adding deeper leagues. So for example the A-League becomes a top level competition and then the lower leagues feed it ie NZ, Aus, Solomon Islands. Haha Could set-up a whole "Oceania Small Club Challenge"

Really this is going to make the whole thing amazing.

Could be some interesting challenges as well:

'dafuge's small club to big club challenge - Japanese style'

Although I do think that the challenges need to be careful on where they stand with editing, it is something I've got to sort out with my own challenge when I look into adding an extra tier to the challenge.

I think I am in the mood to drop in opinions so I will put mine forward on the editor thing :D

At first I thought it was going to be brilliant as well, I mean I could potentially play a a small to big club challenge in Venezuela, Honduras or even Jamaica!!

But then I thought, how enjoyable would it really be? I mean I don't think the editor will have that many league options available that you will be able to recreate a countries competiton structure (league and cups) to be the same as IRL. I am pretty sure you won't be able to replicate the Bolivian and Equadorian leagues with their Aperturas, Clausuras and Liguillas, all with their separate rules. It will also be difficult to replicate the exact cup competitions for certain nations. Therefore it has kinda put me off doing small to big club challenges in FM10 with edited leagues.

I think this just could be me being very picky and annoying, but I just wanted to see what the general opinion on this was. I do also agree that we have to wait for FM10 to come out and then see what the editor can do. And I also think sign-ups will be brilliant with the new addition :thup:

That is pretty much my thoughts exactly.

I don't want to play in an edited league, I just want to add one that has already been created by SI. Since step 7 in England has a lot of research already adding that might seem like just playing an official league that is already in the game.

While playing in Jamaica sounds great wouldn't all the squads be empty?

I don't think Jamaica has enough players, just wanted to add an exampl that wasn't Latin American :D

But leagues in South America like Paraguay, Bolivia, Ecuador and Venezuela have enough players. Still all of them apart from Venezuela have crazy rules that I don't think you will be able to implement in a league editor...

And I think adding an extra tier to England would be possible, their rules aren't too different from the BSN/BSS, are they?

How many players from Jamaica are in the game if you load all players from Jamaica? That's probably the best way to see if that leagues would be viable without adding players manually.

That is what I was wondering.

Adding new nations is great but if they don't come with enough players it might be a bit useless. I can't imagine anything worse than managing in a league full of grey players.

I'm thinking about basing a sign-up around CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Personally, I feel if it's done right it could turn out to be a great sign-up. Recently i've really fancied starting a sign-up but i've struggled for ideas. After diving into restarting a sign-up which had halted and then not really being interested in it after a while, i'm really looking to think this through and not rush into it, and because of that it'll be run on FM10 if I can develop the idea enough.

So, I came in here to get some help developing the idea, and to see what people think of it.

A few of the ideas i've got rattling around my head at the moment are:

- Having a series of 'murders' within the footballing world. One of the problems I can see with this is that it may come across as a little 'tasteless'. I'd write a 'short-story' to set the scene and then at some point reveal a group of suspects and drop certain clues that need to be picked up on to solve the 'murder'.

- I was also contemplating having the users who are taking part obtain higher ranks as they solve 'murders'. This could mean that those at a higher rank would have some sort of advantage. An extra clue, or getting the list of suspects sooner. Alternatively, it could make the whole thing a little harder for them. For example, the list of suspects that goes to those who are a higher rank could be longer and so making their job a little more difficult. This would then mean that their would be a substantial use of the PM system, and i'd have to rely on those participating to keep some things to themselves.

- A possible way of determining the 'victim' and the 'murderer', and possiblty the 'suspects', could be to simulate the weekend fixtures throughout the English leagues (i'll probably use the English leagues due to my familiarity with them or it may be the top leagues around Europe) and use the first player sent off as the 'murderer' and the first player to be injured during the weekend fixtures would be the 'victim'. A possible way to determine the group of 'suspects' would be to take the second red card of the weekend, then the third, and so on. Although, the list of suspects would probably have to be players who are similar (e.g. play for the same team, same age, same nationality etc...) as it'll probably help tie in with the 'setup story' and not make it too obvious.

If you read through that, then thank you. As i've stated, this idea is very much just a thought i've had. I'm giving myself plenty of time to try and develop it into something which could work well as a sign-up. There are a lot of gaps in my idea, and that's where I need help. All feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated. :thup:

• SI Staff

Looking forward to people creating the San Marino and Italian Serie D as lower levels than Serie C2 and an active San Marino league should benefit the San Marino Challenge :thup:

• SI Staff
I'd probably be more interested in the said challenge in domestic San Marino. Would we have to do it dafuge style, or could we just be Murata?

San Marino only has one league (split into two groups) so I don't know how you could do the dafuge challenge there.

Alright, I am definitely looking for feedback on this, as I think it could be a great sign-up and it will allow for a lot of the community to be involved, and I would start the information gathering as soon as possible, ideally this weekend.

For FM10, with the new competition editor, as I stated a page earlier, I am looking at creating a nation based on the CSE Community. I will be basing an entire league structure on it, having 3 tiers, the first with 18 teams and the bottom two having 20 each, if I am able to fill up all the slots. Right now I would be looking for people to create teams, based on this years editor, and I will provide more information as more information becomes available through the blogs and such.

So right now I would just need team, stadium, chairman, and playstyle information, just like it can be done in the editor, then when I ahve more information about league structure, reputation, and the registration rules, I will have a draft (or something similar) for all the players in the teams.

I am just trying to get a feel for whether I would be able to get 58 people interested.

They thought they had seen it all, Brazil the Kings, Spain the Impressive...

That's my sign up, you can probably see it as soon as you enter the forum but it's seriously lacking in posts with over 25 places left to allocate.

Basically It's a new nation in the place of Yugoslavia that when created will challenge the Global Stage and it will be comprised of you guys but only if you post :p for more info visit the thread otherwise post please! :)

Alright, I am definitely looking for feedback on this, as I think it could be a great sign-up and it will allow for a lot of the community to be involved, and I would start the information gathering as soon as possible, ideally this weekend.

For FM10, with the new competition editor, as I stated a page earlier, I am looking at creating a nation based on the CSE Community. I will be basing an entire league structure on it, having 3 tiers, the first with 18 teams and the bottom two having 20 each, if I am able to fill up all the slots. Right now I would be looking for people to create teams, based on this years editor, and I will provide more information as more information becomes available through the blogs and such.

So right now I would just need team, stadium, chairman, and playstyle information, just like it can be done in the editor, then when I ahve more information about league structure, reputation, and the registration rules, I will have a draft (or something similar) for all the players in the teams.

I am just trying to get a feel for whether I would be able to get 58 people interested.

My thoughts Spartan5:

• Good idea in theory and I think there might be a few sign ups similar to this in FM10. :thup:
  • 58 players is a tough ask - ok there are 53 players in the Eurovision sign up, but that requires 1 post in creating players, unlike this that would probably require a series of players.
  • A 58 player draft system (if used) would just create chaos in my opinion. :D Robert's EPL draft contained 20 players and that took an age.
  • I'd focus on a small league system - if you want prom / reg, then aim for fewer teams in each league I reckon.

It wouldn't be a draft persay, it would be more like my failed England Takeover signup, where I give each team a certain amount of money to spend on players and they start with that squad, but I am open to making the league smaller, it was more based on interest how big the leagues would be.

Hey, I've got two challenge idea's here, I've been thinking about them and want to know what you think!

Fall From Grace

The goal in this challenge is to take over the best four teams in any nation. (E.g, Man.Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) and attempt to get them all relegated from the Premier. Obviously, this won't be possible in one season, so it should take two to get them all into the Championship.

After you've wrecked their premiership career, you could try going all the way and getting them down to League 2, or even the BSP/ BSN/BSS. It would be interesting to see which clubs would come out top.

And if you want, as an extra, once you have done that in England, move on to Italy or Spain, Germany, France or even Scotland. Your manager is bound to get sacked, so once they do, retire and start a new manager as manager of the club that sacked you. This will be quite hard, to wreck the top 4 completley. But I think that it would be quite pleasurable, especially if one of the top 4 is your rival club...

The Glory of Youth Players

In this challenge, feel free to take control of any club in any of the leagues- but I recommend teams with good youth systems (AC Milan, Arsenal, Ajax, Barcelona).

Your board has been taken over by a very poor bussinesman, who cannot afford to give any transfer budget to the club.

You cannot buy any new players

If a club makes an offer for one of your players, you must sell them.

You can only add to your first team squad with your youth players and reserves.

The aim is to get your full squad full of your home-grown youth players.

Because of the awkwardness in this challenge, if you are sacked you can retire then go back to that club.

Please tell me if you will give these challenges a go, or if they are a good idea!

I think the first one is a decent idea, but it would be very hard to get such big clubs relegated. It would be easier yet still difficult with clubs like Spurs, Everton, Aston Villa, Newcastle... oh wait :D.

The second idea is also a very good idea, these are the kind of challenges that look good on paper, but nobody ever does them :/