Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

It appears that there might be a problem with adding the MLS into a challenge.

Looking at the team information screen, there's no predicted finish so you're not going to be able to select the team predicted to finish bottom.

So probably not going to be able to include it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah oh well Razer, MLS isn't that much of a challenge (to me) anyways. :p

Looking forward to your challenge. :)

And roberto, I'm neither! Can't speak French and only Americans love burgers so much they like eating them everyday, but not Canadians!!! :p We do love our hockey though... :D

Ah oh well Razer, MLS isn't that much of a challenge (to me) anyways. :p

Looking forward to your challenge. :)

:D

Glad that you're looking forward to it though Rancer - I've just been out and got my copy and will hopefully be getting my teeth into a nice game in Brazil over the weekend.

Been thinking about the MLS again and wondering if I included it, would selecting either of the teams that finished bottom of their respective conference the previous year be a reasonable option. What do people think about that?

I have an idea for a Football Agent sign-up. Basically 15 people would sign-up and have £20 million to spend on 5 players for the premiership. Then points will be awarded for any of your players winning trophys or individual honours. Also when this happens the forummer will receive a sum of money depending on the achievement for example if one of their players wins the world cup they may receive £10 million and if they win the Community Shield they may win £2 million. A forummer will also receive 10% of money generated by a transfer for one of their players. Players can be sold and bought by the forummer throughout the season with a maximum of 15 players being owned at once although you will start with 5 as stated above. Each players price is their value within the game so obviously that will either increase or decrease as the game goes on. Updates would be provided monthly consisting of a brief sentence on how each player that is owned is getting on. I will also provide the save game each month so that the forummers can have a look to see who they may want to purchase and who they want to sell. A leaderboard will be posted at the end of season as well

I have only just thought this idea up and so could need a bit of work so please post any comments and tell me if it has been done before, I have done a search

The battle of the managers

Here's an idea I came up with another site I'm a part of.

Every fortnight I set a team from anywhere in the world and then say "right, you have a fortnight, Whoever does the best in that season with them wins" And thus get 'X' amount of points?

Bit scatter shot on detail but I'm still developing.

Good idea or not

I'm liking your idea Super Lampard

Anyhow I'd like to now go into a little detail about my proposed " Strictly French Football" sign up.

The plan is for an even number of people to sign up ( hopefully 20). Each signeruper, then creates their player ( any position). They then get randomly assigned a Club + Partner. The sign up will last around 10 years Fm time ( 17-27). Each year will be a round. The points will be decided by the average average rating of the two players as well as mini-competitions through out the year. The team with the lowest points score gets knocked out.

Other info

Will probably use middle 10 clubs ( e.g predicted 5th to 15th) although might use top 10

Players will have to balance their attributes e.g a 20 has to be complemented by a 1.

I think thats about it. Suggestions?

WW's FM09 Sign Up

Project XYZ - (Working Title)

Right, so it's this time of the year when loads of sign ups come out... but not mine yet. I can reveal that my FM09 sign up will be coming out in the run up to xmas, probably in the week or two leading up to the big day.

So what's its all about....

Well it takes inspiration from several of the best sign ups of the last few years - think of a mixture of:

* Bamble's OOTP Style Game

* bermybhoy's Dragon Den in Scotland

* Eurovision Striking Contest

* Shetland v Orkney Islands

* The Commentators Curse Vol I sign ups.

(credit will be given where necessary for ideas)

Can you tell what it is yet?!?! ;)

No.... well I will reveal more in the next week or two, but the sign up will mean different roles for different people - with plenty of rivalries.

8 team captains, 8 vice captains and plenty of players.

Oh and the thread title is going to be fb (even if I do say so myself). ;):D

WW's FM09 Sign Up

So what's its all about....

Well it takes inspiration from several of the best sign ups of the last few years - think of a mixture of:

* Bamble's OOTP Style Game

* bermybhoy's Dragon Den in Scotland

* Eurovision Striking Contest

* Shetland v Orkney Islands

* The Commentators Curse Vol I sign ups.

Now that's just arrogance :D:D

Seriously though can't wait for it, even if it's only half as good as your current one it'll be great :thup:

well, as you know or should know, my 'The Mole' sign up has come to an unexpected ending rather prematurely. I will be doing an FM09 version, but not yet. The majority of the few sign-ups I have run have all been fairly interactive, requiring users to either post in the thread or PM/Email me information. I'm not saying I want to run a sign-up which will require less work, just something different.

I currently have a fairly good idea, but it like my other sign-ups is probably going to be very interactive, so whether or not I choose to go ahead and do it will depend.

Just wanted to post in here for advice, preferably from someone who is fairly experienced at running sign-ups.

Right, i've sort of got a base line of my idea in the above post. It is an ambitious project. Well, actually it's an extremely ambitious project. I don't think there has ever been anything like it before on the forum. My initial aim is to get 34 people on board in this ambitious project. However before I open it (don't know when that will be), i'd want to get as many regulars on board as possible.

Without giving away too much, the 34 people (34 is the maximum amount of people I can have, but I can have less if needed) will each have a massive amount of power available to them within the FM World. They will each have a huge amount of responsibility and their decisions could make or break them. They will not be a player, a manager or a Chairman.

Over the next coming days/weeks I will be trying to sort it out so I have a decent enough Opening Post for the new thread, which I don't know when will be out.

Right, i've sort of got a base line of my idea in the above post. It is an ambitious project. Well, actually it's an extremely ambitious project. I don't think there has ever been anything like it before on the forum. My initial aim is to get 34 people on board in this ambitious project. However before I open it (don't know when that will be), i'd want to get as many regulars on board as possible.

Without giving away too much, the 34 people (34 is the maximum amount of people I can have, but I can have less if needed) will each have a massive amount of power available to them within the FM World. They will each have a huge amount of responsibility and their decisions could make or break them. They will not be a player, a manager or a Chairman.

Over the next coming days/weeks I will be trying to sort it out so I have a decent enough Opening Post for the new thread, which I don't know when will be out.

Sounds intriguing - I've got a fair idea what it might be to do with. I'll PM you and see if I'm right. :D

Guest mikeytwigge

Dosent seem to be the invaision from GD that i was expecting so ive decided to bring my sign up forward and it should be out tonight. Hope to see a lot of you regulars taking part as its an interactive one.

Guest mikeytwigge

yeah it seems good to me some credit must go to you though paul for introducing interactive sign ups and also to roberto for introducing sign up challenges

I just had an idea for a challenge. Okay, so you take control of the team predicted to finish bottom of the BSN/S. Then, with transfer regulations(not allowed to spend any money until you are in league 1 and then you can spend 2mil a season 4mil in champ and 10mil in Prem,) you must win the prem, fa cup, league cup, charity shield and champions league). Plus, you have to win the Setanta Shield etc.

I just tried this on 08 because I still havn't got 09 and I got Redditch(BSN - 22nd predicted) promoted first season, via the playoffs(3rd in league). This was mainly down to the numerous players I loaned from Birmingham(parent club).

Its really fun and I'm not sure whether to make it into a challenge.

I know it is quite similar to Dafuge's, so I'm not sure.

Some of you may remember birdy's last sign up, the premiership draft. I made the database for it to help speed things up and couldn't wait to get it to get started. Unfortunatle it stopped halfway through the first season.

I have got birdy's permission to use the idea for FM 09. Although I wouldn't just want to copy his idea so instead of making an order for people I want to make a kind of auction for players. With say a week to buy your keepers, a week for defenders, a week for midfielders and a week for strikers. However I realise the thread would get very messy and descend into a farce so the idea would need to be refined a bit, any ideas? I would also like to find a way to get as many regulars as possible because I can't be bothered doing the sign up for 5/10 responses although I can't exactly invite the regulars first.

Oh and while I'm here I have another idea, people stop posting that's a good idea when people ask for ideas as those posts are of no relevance whatsoever :thup:

Ok well DodgeeD beat me to it but still, it is a good idea.

Was really looking forward to birdy's but anyhow, I think doing an auction type thing is just asking for trouble really.

The easiest way I can think of would be to offer each player seperately in order of value (or anything else) for each position. So starting with the highest value GK and we all bid, then the next highest value and so on until we all have a GK, or two. Then do the same for defenders etc But that would be incredibly time consuming. Probably have to be closed bids as well otherwise all hell would break lose.