Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roberto922

I've noticed a lack of short challenge games recently, acidmonkey seems to be the only one with any out. May bring something out soon, haven't done anything on here in a while. Gonna get holidaying on FM.

Hey, all after taking part so far in the CSE World Cup, i was wondering would be enjoy a full season version for the premier league, so on August 14th the person who draws Manchester City faces off against the person who picked Tottenham, they pick starting 11, subs, tactics etc. Then the week later the next round starts, so it follows the premier league season. They can only play with the players which their real-life counterparts have, to test real manager ability instead of buying the same 10 players and winning the league everytime.

What does everyone think?

Sounds a good idea, but would also be a big commitment on your part.

An idea and description I wrote up, comments?

I’m only a Physiotherapist, I promise!

‘I’m only a physiotherapist, I promise!’ pits you, believe it or not, the physio, at one of the world’s biggest clubs where you make people, er, better. Seriously though, you’re a pure genius when it comes to physiotherapy. Some call you The Magician; some even believe you went to school with a boy named, Parry Hotter. Rather suspicious, you are.

Your magic is, however, not conducted using a wand (generally anyway), quite contrary to what many believe, but by the use of performance enhancing drugs. Illegal and, more than likely to land you in deep dog dodo. But that isn’t the point: you haven’t been caught yet, so your ‘magic’ can carry on and hopefully, help your team out a little.

Basically: the forum members who sign up will get cash, each month to purchase new drugs. Each drug has different properties and, using FMRTE I will edit player stats, heal the team etc to represent these properties. For each time an individual or the team benefits from the changes, the forum member earns a point.

sound good>?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudi_Gutendorf

Just read a thread about him in off topic football forum. Has the record for managing the most national sides. I wouldn't attempt that but might be an interesting challenge for some.

I'd love to try something like this, and actually might just do that

Have been slowly playing through this managing a fair few national sides, just without any success haha.

Im at my 7th national side (including u-19/21/20/23), hopefully i can get to a decent side though and get into some competitions, most have been fairly poor nations.

Thinking of creating an experiment, may or may not post it up. The story is, a few rich footballing fanatics from Luxembourg many years ago had the dream that their nation would become one of football's greats. They built an academy with state of the art technology which cost £40M to build. Many young stars will progress from Luxembourg in an attempt to make their country a world force.

Might actually do it and holiday for a while first, if it goes well I'll think about doing it. The Luxembourg Akademie.

Have been slowly playing through this managing a fair few national sides, just without any success haha.

Im at my 7th national side (including u-19/21/20/23), hopefully i can get to a decent side though and get into some competitions, most have been fairly poor nations.

I'm on my 14th now, although most have them have been top nations and I've stayed at each one for around two years. I'd imagine that I'll beat 18 provided I carry on.

I'm on my 14th now, although most have them have been top nations and I've stayed at each one for around two years. I'd imagine that I'll beat 18 provided I carry on.

I finally got around to some better nations, and finally got somewhere in a competition :p with New Zealand, they are about as good as ive had so far.

Im also on 14 now, that includes u-19 etc, but i generally leave when i fail to qualify for something or lose in a competition.

Ive still not been to the world cup :( in 2025 now, im hoping to get there with New Zealand for 2026.

I finally got around to some better nations, and finally got somewhere in a competition :p with New Zealand, they are about as good as ive had so far.

Im also on 14 now, that includes u-19 etc, but i generally leave when i fail to qualify for something or lose in a competition.

Ive still not been to the world cup :( in 2025 now, im hoping to get there with New Zealand for 2026.

7 more nations in just four days? :eek:

7 more nations in just four days? :eek:

Haha yeah, like i said i generally just leave if i dont qualify, and some of the nations i didnt even have a chance to do anything with.

Also had a problem with South Korea, i managed them for about a week but the game kept crashing, so i had to resign to continue the game :confused:

Longest time ive spent at a nation is 1year 8months with DR Congo.

Im hoping to spend a bit longer with New Zealand, i mean this could be my first chance to win something :p the OCE Nations Cup

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, trying to think of ways to compare players from match to match, easy enough for outfield players as you can compare passes, shots etc but what about Goalkeepers? So far I have shots saved and that's all I could think of. Can anybody think of any other stats you can use to compare 'keepers?

• 2 weeks later...

I have not contributed much to this forum in the past (a few attempts at the big challenges which always peter out.......) but for a while i have had 3 or 4 quite simple challenge ideas, thought i would share incase anyone fancies them.

There are a quite a few really creative and quite complex challenges using modified db etc, but mine are just simple and using default database. The ideas are just "skeleton" at the moment and not likely to be as indepth as the others but here goes:

1) Rebuilding England - Think i saw somewhere someone doing a challenge to play as england only with players not born in england which gave me this one. The rules would be one of 2 things: A) Starting at the default game point you must manage england but only pick players who have no caps at all for the national side (under 21 etc are fine). See how long it takes you to win a major championships. B) a slightly easier version would be to holiday until after the world cup in game time, take over england but the FA have banned all players who took part in the world cup fiasco from england duty indefinately. So you must never pick any of the 22 who went to South Africa.

2) Scandanavian Challenge - Simple. load up a game with all scandanavian leagues, starting in the lowest league of any of the nations, you must try to win the top division in each nation and see how long it takes. Usual types of challenge rules but you can move club anytime etc

3) British Isles challenge - Simple again, exactly the same as the above but load up England, Scotland, Wales, NI and Eire leagues. Rules would be that you cannot start in england, but can start in the lowest league of any of the other countries. Again challenge is to win top titles in all countries

4)Single season success - A long term game but based on single seasons at any club. This one is a bit loose in my mind but something along the lines of loading up 5 or 6 nations, starting with a random club in any division in any country. You then are challenge to win as many different honours over a 10 year period as possible. Honours including wining any level of league, but the main rule is you can spend no more than one season at any club. You must resign from your current club the day after the league you are in ends.

Of course these might be a) Bollocks or b) have been done before!

A small, easy sign up. Basically I will use my two long term saves which are no longer in use and people play the role of scout and they have to guess the C.A. and P.A. They would get 5 points for getting one correct, 3 within 5 and 1 within 10. Not sure which parts of the players attribute page should be covered up and also is it viable and any other things do i need to give thought about?

Hello CSE forum. This is my first post here for years! Since Sunderland had that nightmare season and I suggested simming their season up to christmas before going on a rescue mission. Impossible.

I just rescued my FM2010 disc for a newly acquired computer and thought I would celebrate with a challenge. Or an idea for one. Someone stop me if this has been done:

Golden Oldies Challenge

Pick a Premiership team, any Premiership team. You have to replace their squad with outfield players aged 33+ and GKs aged 36+. You may not select original club players, or younger players, in any starting XI or bench for a competitive match. You don't have to sell them all but it might help. Avoid the drop and avoid the sack!

I got the idea after starting a Top to Bottom challenge variation with Leeds, tried to make it more interesting by only signing aging but proven internationals. Turns out some of them aren't bad.

Yea or ney?

Well the name is already in use for a similar challenge started less than a week ago - Link

They're both decent idea's but I think the amount of initial changes people will need to make to their squad will put them off, as you can see the one I linked doesn't have any replies yet.

After my challenge wasn't nominated for any awards (especially the hardest challenge), I had to think of something. And yes, I have another idea now. :D

----

Title: The Asian Colonial Challenge (name subject to change)

This is an extension of greenwhitearmy/crouchaldinho's Britain and India Challenge. This challenge gave me a fantastic idea of expanding to all the former Asian colonies!!! This is probably the hardest challenge I've thought of so far.

The summary of this challenge:

1) Improve the quality of a Middle Eastern, Indian Subcontinental, and Asia-Pacific club

2) Win the Asian cup and qualify for the world cup with the nation you are managing in, or managed previously

3) Go to your major nation and go win the domestic title and Champions League with a player from each region in your squad - they all must be

squad regulars

4) Win the World Cup and European Championships with your major nation

Step 1:

A - Choose a Middle Eastern, Indian Subcontinental, or Asia-Pacific club (excluding Australia! :p). They don't have to be the worst club, but it has be a relegation-threatened club with the lowest leagues with relegation, or the worst club in nations without relegation. Win the domestic title twice with this club, and at a minimum reach the Semi-Finals of the Asian Champions League before moving on to your second club

B - Move on another club in one of the other two regions. You can manage in Australia if you want, but you can't manage with Wellington Phoenix because they're a New Zealand club. Repeat the objectives in part A

C - Move to the final area you haven't conquered in, Repeat A and B

Step 2:

Very simple (on paper at least :p). Win the Asian Cup with one of the three nations you managed in. You can win the trophy if you only managed in one nation as well, but you have to win the domestic title before you can get the job. You can technically finish Step 2 before Step 1. Also don't forgot to qualify for the World Cup!

Step 3:

TIme to prove yourself in Europe! You finish this step when you win the domestic title and Champions League with a regular from each of the 3 nations you have previously managed in. Doesn't matter where you take a job with. Just keep doing what you've been doing in Asia!

Step 4: Win the World Cup with your major nation!

Other Rules:

• No limit of how many leagues you can load, but you have to at least load 4! (Your colonial power, and the three regional nations. More details below)
  • Any XML file is allowed
  • Please scout a player before you sign him. You can also trial if you want
  • Player Naming is allowed
  • Tactic discussion is allowed
  • Fake players are allowed
  • Screenshots please - the manager one is mandatory when you start!!!
  • And finally, please have fun lol

Major Nations and the Colonies - you have to load the major nation and one from each region. You can of course load more if you want but these are the mandatory ones.

Britain (Load at least one of England, Wales, N. Ireland, or Ireland. Or all four if you wish. But you have to win the World Cup with the nation you manage. If you manage in England, you have to win the world cup with England.)

- Middle East (Aden Protectorate (Yemen), Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Transjordan (Jordan),

Trucial Coast (UAE))

- Indian Subcontinent (Bhutan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka)

- Asia-Pacific (Australia, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Samoa, Philippines, Solomon Islands, Hong Kong)

France

- Middle East (Lebanon, Syria, Yemen)

- Indian Subcontinent (Pondicherry, India; Karikal, India; Yanaon, India; Mahé, India; Chandernagore, India)

- Asia-Pacific (Guangdong, Shanghai, Tianjin, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam)

Netherlands

- Middle East (Yemen, Iraq)

- Indian Subcontinent (Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, India)

- Asia-Pacific (Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Vietnam)

Portugal

- Middle East (Iran, Bahrain, Oman)

- Indian Subcontient (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Myanmar)

- Asia-Pacific (Thailand, Macau, Malaysia, Indonesia, (Nagasaki/Isehara, Japan), Timor)

----

Any thoughts?

Cheers crouchy! :thup:

I'll wait for a couple more people to comment on this before starting it. I need to refine a couple things first and expand on some of the areas. I might change a rule or two. I want to give this challenge a test run for FM10 before FM11 is released. :)

I actually had originally thought of including the Americas and Africa as well, but I'll stick with the region I know best, and let others start a challenge of the other continents. :p

like the sound of that challenge Rancer. It looks fun but also Evil at the same time. Would give it a go

I had an even eviler thought tbh. Never wrote it in that post though. It would be too mean. :p

Will do a final write-up in a day or two to fix/clarify a couple things before releasing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Was looking back through some of the sign-ups that have failed over the years and came across this one by super_lampard. It's a very simple but appealing idea if you ask me and it's a shame it didn't go further, I'm thinking of attempting to re-do it. I could have it finished by the time FM11 comes out (going on the usual October release date) providing I get it up and running in the next few days and I'm pretty sure super_lampard would have no objections.

Was looking back through some of the sign-ups that have failed over the years and came across this one by super_lampard. It's a very simple but appealing idea if you ask me and it's a shame it didn't go further, I'm thinking of attempting to re-do it. I could have it finished by the time FM11 comes out (going on the usual October release date) providing I get it up and running in the next few days and I'm pretty sure super_lampard would have no objections.

Go for it. I'd definitely join in

It looks good and I would join mate.

I had a thought earlier today for a sign-up. There have been some great footballing brothers, and in other sports there have been great families, like the Mannings in American Football. How about a footballing family sign-up. I would have each user create two brothers and their father, and we would see which family would earn the crown of best football family.

I had a thought earlier today for a sign-up. There have been some great footballing brothers, and in other sports there have been great families, like the Mannings in American Football. How about a footballing family sign-up. I would have each user create two brothers and their father, and we would see which family would earn the crown of best football family.

That would be good. So how would it work. Points for winning things, scoring things, international caps. Or have I totally mis understood it.

I have an interesting challenging idea (yea another one lol), but I need to get some info first.

We all know that Red Bull are really investing into sports these days, including football, so here's are all their teams:

• Red Bull Brasil (Brazil)
  • Red Bull New York (MLS)
  • RB Leipzig (Germany)
  • FC Red Bull Salzburg (Austria)

I also know these corporations are into their football clubs:

• VfL Wolfsburg (Volkswagon)
  • Vauxhall Motors (Vauxhall Motors)

The question I'm asking is there any other corporations that are heavily invested in football teams? And preferably, more than one like Red Bull?

I have an interesting challenging idea (yea another one lol), but I need to get some info first.

We all know that Red Bull are really investing into sports these days, including football, so here's are all their teams:

• RB Leipzig (Germany)

The question I'm asking is there any other corporations that are heavily invested in football teams? And preferably, more than one like Red Bull?

Carlsberg. They sponsor the following football clubs:

FC København (Denmark)

OB (Denmark)

Liverpool

Hamburger SV

Toronto FC

etc

Link to Carlsberg sponsorship page

But that's just sponsorship ain't it? PSV are/were? And possibly a Russian team with cars iirc.

I just want to find corporate companies heavily involved with football, since Red Bull are the only ones who seem to seem to actually have the cash to rebrand football clubs...

• RB Leipzig (Germany)

Bayer Leverkusen. They are owned by the medicine company hence Bayer. Im sure thats what my German teacher told me a few years back and he lived in germany for many years.

Bayer Leverkusen. They are owned by the medicine company hence Bayer. Im sure thats what my German teacher told me a few years back and he lived in germany for many years.

Yeah thats correct

How about Suwon Samsung Blues, Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors, Ulsan Hyundai FC from Korea

I was just thinking that it would be a good idea in this part of the forum, that the topic headers start with either [C] for challenge, [s-U] for sign ups and [E] for experiments. Just to make it easier for the reader to identify each quickly, for example. Probably just going be told its pointless, but heh, just an idea.

Ok, so here's the list of teams with either ownership or kit sponsorship:

Red Bull

• Red Bull New York (USA)
  • RB Leipzig (Germany)

Carlsberg

• FC København (Denmark)
  • OB (Denmark)
  • Havant and Waterlooville (England)
  • HSV (Germany)
  • Tottenham (England)

Emirates

• Arsenal (England)
  • AC Milan (Italy)
  • Olympiakos (Greece)
  • HSV (Germany)
  • PSG (France)

Samsung

• Suwon Samsung Blue Wings (S. Korea)
  • Chelsea (England)
  • Chivas (Mexico)
  • Swindon (England)
  • Palmeiras (Brazil)

Hyundai

• Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors (S. Korea)
  • Ulsan Hyundai FC (S. Korea)

Vodafone

• Olympiakos (Greece)
  • Al-Ahly (Egypt)

Philips

• PSV Eindhoven (Holland)
  • PEA FC (Thailand)

These are corporations that sponsor at least 2 football teams, although I would like to compile a list where they sponsor/own at least 4. I have only found 4 (Red Bull, Emirates, Carlsberg, and Samsung) so far.

I'm thinking of starting a new challenge come FM11. Will post details up when it starts. It is something I want to do, but will post up so others can join in too.

Setting off, it sounds like a normal challenge. take a small club from BSN/S to the top etc. But its all about youth, where you can only sign players uunder 20. You start by downloading one of three edited games, with a new club with top class youth facilities. You must then see if you can, using only youth and youth products make it to the top, never signing a player older than 20.

I'm thinking of starting a new challenge come FM11. Will post details up when it starts. It is something I want to do, but will post up so others can join in too.

Setting off, it sounds like a normal challenge. take a small club from BSN/S to the top etc. But its all about youth, where you can only sign players uunder 20. You start by downloading one of three edited games, with a new club with top class youth facilities. You must then see if you can, using only youth and youth products make it to the top, never signing a player older than 20.

It's a little similar to the 'Give Youth a Chance' challenge, and also similar to WH's "You can never win with kids" thread. I reckon if you have a club with top facilities, maybe have them start at level 11 with some other parameters. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note, if I'm in one of your signups, I might not post for a while as I deal with a laptop issue (or well more of an adapter issue while I try and find a new one...). Please don't kick me out of any signups and I'll hopefully resolve my problem asap. :)

• 3 weeks later...