Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally I have an idea for a holiday game. It'll probably mainly appeal to my fellow JoseRR competitors but here it is nonetheless.

Once/if I complete the challenge I plan on running a separate holiday continuing from where I leave off. The idea is to follow my (soon to be great) Savona side and look at how the AI deals with a new era following domestic and European glory. I'll be looking at the chairman's decision making with the new boss, his signings, sales, and generally the direction Savona go. The bottom line ultimately asks whether the AI can keep a successful 'small' club at the top and for how long. I plan on running it on holiday for many many seasons.

Should be pretty interesting that, I predict that the AI will undo all the good work you have done and take the club back down due to poor transfer deals.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm expecting to be honest but I would say from my experience with current Kuwaiti oil tycoon chairman, he appears to be relatively good. He demands a lot from me now we're at the top and always offers a large budget each season. The key will be in his judging ability of my successor. I guess his hidden stats will make interesting viewing.

And is for my new sign up idea

Sorry, but imo you shouldn't start another signup. You should re-read the sticky at the top. Memorize it. :p

Oh, and looking at the attributes of greyed players, it looks abnormal. It seems like a bug. The grey players look far stronger than the regens... (although I don't think the SI db's main purpose was deleting every player in the game. :p)

Nearly forgot about that...

Hmm ok. I have 10 leagues loaded in my test, so I'm thinking 5 'big' leagues and 5 'small' leagues (all based in Europe) for the actual experiment...

Big Leagues

• England - to BSN/BSS
  • France - to CFA
  • Germany - to Third Division
  • Italy - to Serie C2
  • Spain - to Second Division B

Small Leagues

• Sweden - to Second Division
  • Romania - to Second Division
  • N. Ireland - to Second Division
  • Belgium - to Third Division
  • Iceland - to First Division

I'm also thinking of an International experiment along with this no player DB and alter the reputations of 5 nations, with either...

one from each continent

Africa - Somalia (50) - Highest Rep is Ivory Coast (6000)

Asia - Guam (50) - Highest Rep is South Korea (6050)

Europe - San Marino (2050) - Highest Rep is Italy (9250)

N. America - Montserrat (100) - Highest Rep is Mexico (7150)

Oceania - American Samoa (50) - Highest Rep is New Zealand (3150)

Not including South America as Venezuela have the lowest rep in the continent - at 4200.

or...

5 European Nations

• San Marino (2050)
  • Luxembourg (2500)
  • Andorra (2550)
  • Armenia (2900)
  • Malta (3000)

Either way, what reputations should I set these poor nations to be competitive, but not dominate...

Cheers in advance with the output. :p

Anyways, any suggestions? :p

I've had an idea for a sign up and was wondering what people think.

It basically involves the user creating a player but everything about him (other than personal data) would be random. There would be a scoring system and every 6 months (Xmas and End of Season) a winner would be decided who then got the chance to increase/decrease his attibrutes by from two sets of cards (or something like that depending on what I can code) along with a +/- card.

Example:

User A's guy wins the Xmas award and gets his prizes. This means he gets to choose from one of his three attributes sections (technical, mental, physical) and would see a screenshot of that section only. He would then pick an attribute that he would like to attempt to increase and would draw his cards. See below for examples.

--- ---

l - l l + l

--- ---

*Notes,

1. This would be coded and would hopefully look better.

2. User would not be able to see +/-

3. Location of symbol would be determined by a random number generator.

After choosing his first card he would then pick from a set of 5 cards to determine the amount his chosen attribute would increase or decrease. Each card would have a value ranging from 1 to 5 which would again be attached using a random number generator.

So to sum it up User A chooses to have a screenshot of his technical attributes. He then decides to attempt to increase his finishing. Luck is on his side and he draws the + card along with the number 3. This means using FMRTE I would increase his finishing skill by 3 as his reward. The same would go if he had chosen the - card.

Please let me know what you think about the basic idea as I have a few refinements (such as if winner doesn't want to take the risk on his player he can attempt to lower another guys attributes, the downside of this risk being it could end up increasing hos rivals attributes, this of course would be without seeing a screenshot of the other player.)

Incidentally I have an idea for a holiday game. It'll probably mainly appeal to my fellow JoseRR competitors but here it is nonetheless.

Once/if I complete the challenge I plan on running a separate holiday continuing from where I leave off. The idea is to follow my (soon to be great) Savona side and look at how the AI deals with a new era following domestic and European glory. I'll be looking at the chairman's decision making with the new boss, his signings, sales, and generally the direction Savona go. The bottom line ultimately asks whether the AI can keep a successful 'small' club at the top and for how long. I plan on running it on holiday for many many seasons.

Oh I love it :)

If anyone wants to use this experiment, feel free to do so. I like the idea but don't feel like doing it myself. What I can do is edit a database and let someone take it from there.

This is the battle of feet. There are 4 rival teams. They are: Either Foot FC, Left Foot FC, Right Foot FC, and No Foot FC. All the players on each team are identical (in each postion, so all wingers would have generic good dribbling, crossing, etc. with all defenders having good tackling, etc.) except for 1 thing: Feet. Either Foot FC is a team with all players with either foot, Right with right, Left with left, No Foot with no feet at 20 (if that's possible).

It would be interesting to see which team does the best, and to see if Either footed players made a difference. And also to see if the non-either footed teams struggled having RBs with left feet, etc. We all know having 1 foot increases attributes, and having 2 feet decreases attributes. So we're checking to see if 1 footed players benefit from attributes boost and if either footed players can make up for the decrease by utilizing both feet.

To make sure outside factors don't affect too much the teams, it should be made sure the teams, staff, and players all have identical stats for their respective positions.

One thing I'm not sure about is the Either Footed players. Should there be 10 players with Right 20 and Left 15 and vice versa or all players 20-20? Most likely I'd make the Right/Left players 20-5 since the majority of real life players have a rating like this.

EDIT: And also, what do people think would be the best way to test this? Average players in 2nd/3rd division or world class players in Premier League?

Ok after trying to get into games in challenges using FM08 and just not being able to get into it at all I have decided to run an experiment instead. Basically I want to investigate whether the world of football would change if every nation had the same starting reputation and the world was Regen only.

So far I have taken a FM08 no players database and then reset the nations all to 1000 rep. Personally I think that is all the changes I should make to the nations, because if I change anything else then it will interrupt the integrity of it all. Now I have a few other ideas to throw out there, but not sure which is best.

1. I add 22 players of average Serie B Quality with PA of 200 to the database based in the Serie C1 or C2 (Currently Italy is the only guaranteed league) - I am thinking about giving these players nationalities based in some of the former small nations that now have the same rep as everywhere else, so 22 different nations, which i would take suggestions as to which ones. These would be nations without playable leagues so that they would run as a seperate group to the leagues mentioned in section 2.

2. What leagues to run, no idea what I should run, but I believe the ones I run should end up stronger than the others, but who really knows. So that would also be part of the experiment. So then I have 5-10 countries with a league running and these would then be set as the group of nations which have leagues to see whether that can make them improve faster.

Basically I think I want 3 core groups.

a) Nations with a few top class players each.

b) Nations with leagues playable

c) Nations with no leagues and no class players

Basically then I would be able to compare the nations in each section at different points and may be able to make decisions on where it is at and what really affects the reputation. I would most likely be using FMM or something similar to keep track of the CA/PA of the worlds players and other things. If anyone knows of a program that I can use to better search the database of FM08 could they give me a link to it. Thanks for any advice etc in advance.

Edit: Using current World Rankings and the idea of being able to compare reasonable comparative teams i thought having 3 from the top 9 & 3 from 51st-59th in each group would work well, so i would be following the success and failure of the following 18 countries on that system, I could also follow a couple of others if anyone would like.

League Running

2nd Germany

4th Italy

7th Croatia

53rd Slovakia

57th Finland

59th Slovenia

Players

1st Spain

5th Brazil

8th Russia

51st Panama

54th Tunisia

58th Bosnia

No Changes

3rd Netherlands

6th Argentina

9th England

52nd Lithuania

55th Saudi Arabia

56th Bolivia

I like this idea. I think it would interest everyone who has completed/attempted any of the 'small to big club' challenges. Maybe you could allow other people to do the same with their saves and report in the thread. It could make for some interesting comparisons.

Haha Des, I certainly gave you inspiration for that no player db idea. ;)

Anyways, after much deliberation with Des, I have come up with the following...

CSE type: Experiment

Database: No Player Database (9.2 iirc)

Leagues:

• England - to BSN/BSS
  • France - to CFA
  • Germany - to 3rd Division
  • Italy - to Serie C2
  • Spain - to Second Division B
  • Sweden - to Second Division
  • Romania - to Second Division
  • N. Ireland - to Second Division
  • Belgium - to Third Division
  • Iceland - to First Division
  • Load players from: China, New Zealand, Somalia, San Marino, Luxembourg, Montserrat (more on this in a moment)

Objectives:

Quite a few

• Determine the general imbalance of the footballing world without real players
  • Modify the nations from the Load players from list to 7000 (equivalent to the 10th best team in Europe as of 9.2, Turkey), from the worst countries in terms of rep except: Luxembourg (wanted another Euro team), China (I have roots from there), and New Zealand (Des wanted NZ :p)
  • I will also modify the worst teams in each country loaded and playable the first season. They will all get a sugar daddy chairman and max training and youth facilities
  • We all know the general imbalance of the grey teams with a no player db. It would be interesting which countries dominate in this particular save.

I'm now going to start the writeup for the initial post. :)

EDIT: And TFC tied Columbus today 1-1. Columbus scored an own goal. Now unbeaten in 2 games and sit atop the Eastern Conference. :D

Excellent looking start there Rancer, i agree with it all the way. My roots are NZ ;) As for the rest looks perfect to me. And yes you will definitely get big ups in my one, I was so without ideas then I realised that there are so many ways to take no player databases that it could make for some interesting comparisons all around.

Congrats to TFC, might actually do something this season :p

After playing a few signups, I've decided to do one of my own. In a Big Brother type thing (although it won't be annoying like the TV show). 20 people will sign up, starting off at the age of 17, at the end of each season it will be up to the forumites to vote off one player. He will still remain in the game but will be out of the comptetition and receive no more updates.

Obviously this will take 19 seasons to come to a conclusion, so at the age of 36 we will have our winner of favourite striker.

The rules will be, each player will be a striker, each will be English nationality and declared for England.

The PA for each player will assigned a number from 180 to 200, the numbers would be unique and random. So PLayer A could be 180, Player B 185, Player C 194 etc... no two players will have the same PA.

The CA will be the same in increments of 5, from 50 -150, both the CA & PA would be hidden.

The people who sign up will be allowed to choose 2 attributes from mental, technical and physical as well as 2 preferred moves.

They can also choose which team to start with, on of the 20 Premiership teams, again these are individual and only one player can start at one team, on a first come first served basis.

The game will then start with no interference, an update at the end of the season for each player (and hopefully) Feb 1st each season, then the voting at the end of the season to see who carrys on.

How does this sound, any ideas or clarification would be greatly received.

I really like it too, would definately sign-up for it :thup:

People that sign-up and never post would be voted out early, which would be good. I can also see a lot of tactical voting going on, so the best player probably wouldn't win it.

After playing a few signups, I've decided to do one of my own. In a Big Brother type thing (although it won't be annoying like the TV show). 20 people will sign up, starting off at the age of 17, at the end of each season it will be up to the forumites to vote off one player. He will still remain in the game but will be out of the comptetition and receive no more updates.

Obviously this will take 19 seasons to come to a conclusion, so at the age of 36 we will have our winner of favourite striker.

The rules will be, each player will be a striker, each will be English nationality and declared for England.

The PA for each player will assigned a number from 180 to 200, the numbers would be unique and random. So PLayer A could be 180, Player B 185, Player C 194 etc... no two players will have the same PA.

The CA will be the same in increments of 5, from 50 -150, both the CA & PA would be hidden.

The people who sign up will be allowed to choose 2 attributes from mental, technical and physical as well as 2 preferred moves.

They can also choose which team to start with, on of the 20 Premiership teams, again these are individual and only one player can start at one team, on a first come first served basis.

The game will then start with no interference, an update at the end of the season for each player (and hopefully) Feb 1st each season, then the voting at the end of the season to see who carrys on.

I would say don't force every player to be English - it's nice to get a mix as you might do in real life Big Brother. I don't know if you want to incorporate the idea of tasks and moles and things :).

Perhaps instead of getting people to choose their Mental, Physical and Tactical, have them just choose their Mental attributes to say what sort of a character they want their Big Brother contestant to be in the house.

Of course, these are only suggestions, and if it's only going to be like Big Brother in name and evictions, feel free to discredit them.

Yeah, a great idea.

I would love to take part and agree with corinthianos comment about voting off the people who don't post.

Thanks for the good feed back for my Big Brother idea, will probably start the sign up thread tonight or tomorrow.

The only thing based on big brother is the evictions, I personally can't stand the program, so if anyone can think of a better name for the sign up, it would be gratefully received!!

Guest roberto922

Talking of tv shows, have you got any plans for bringing back the Mole Paul? That was great while it was on

Now I've nearly finished writing my story, I fancy trying my hand at another sign up. I do fancy being fairly topical, and the latest series of the Apprentice is just getting going again. I dimly recall back when I joined that we had one for FM08, and that it was rather good, but I can't for the life of me remember who ran it. If they are still around, are they planning a repeat, or would they mind if I ran the sequel???

Cheers...

Guest roberto922

That was fb in all fairness, is he running it after he finishes the Whitehouse sign up?

Anyway, I posted a few months ago about the new version of the CSE European Championships but most of the reliable users said they were too busy, would anyone be interested in taking part in the tournament in around late May/Early June, I know most of us have exams in May so it'll be after that at least.