Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well are all the teams going to be located in England? Because if you are using teams from all teh small club to big club challenges, you might need to load players from other nations as well as loading England.

yeah so it would be 2 at the most probably, we wouldn't really need to load any others outside of England, would we?

If it's only 2, I wouldn't mind doing it. I can do it until, lets say, FM 2010 releases, although this depends on how soon the database gets ready.

Well are all the teams going to be located in England? Because if you are using teams from all teh small club to big club challenges, you might need to load players from other nations as well as loading England.

The players would already be in the respective teams, so I don't see any reason for loading players from other nations tbh

m's big brother sign up idea- 11 players sign up and every Wednesday the players nominate two people who they believe should go up for eviction, this will be based on Tuesdays match result/player stats etc. Then another match will be played on Thursday and then on Thursday evening and Friday morning non-players vote who they want to leave. I will add the players to a team in the Blue Square South. I would like help on what attributes etc to give the players, thanks.

Give the rubbish nations a chance - AI Experiment

It's been quite a while since I ran a thread on these forums, but I've decided to make a return with this AI Experiment, however I just wanted to make sure that something similar hasn't been done before?

Idea

Using the 2 Malaysian Leagues, the aim is to take some of the worst nations from around the world (2 * 14 clubs + 3 or 4 nations that hopefully will replace the relegated teams) and give them a club in the Malaysian league structure, based in their own country so that overtime it should hopefully produce better youngsters for their nation.

Aim of the experiment will be to see how these clubs affect the quality of players coming through for that country and how nations in different FIFA continents will be affected in their chase to get to the World Cup for the very 1st time.

South America would be ignored, but national teams would be drawn from N America, Europe, Africa, Asia & Oceania.

I know everybody makes some experiment or a database or talks about how they swapped premiership sides with BSS/BSN ... I'm curious, though, has anyone tried just reversing the reputation of the competitions and see how that turns out?

Give the rubbish nations a chance - AI Experiment

Haha' date=' have you checked out my sign-up? Outcasts. I have created exactly what you have suggested and replaced all possible promotable teams as well ;) If you want the database as it is currently set-up to make your edit easier just pop me a PM :) Would also greatly interest me to see something similar in an experiment form, if you start it up I will follow along.

Haha, have you checked out my sign-up? Outcasts. I have created exactly what you have suggested and replaced all possible promotable teams as well ;) If you want the database as it is currently set-up to make your edit easier just pop me a PM :) Would also greatly interest me to see something similar in an experiment form, if you start it up I will follow along.

Haha, I knew I had seen something similar to my idea somewhere on the forums! Bit of a brain freeze moment this morning!! :D

I think what I will do is see out your sign up pans out and if I think I there is room for a different thread based on an experiment then I'll let you know just so we aren't covering the same stuff! :)

m's big brother sign up idea- 11 players sign up and every Wednesday the players nominate two people who they believe should go up for eviction, this will be based on Tuesdays match result/player stats etc. Then another match will be played on Thursday and then on Thursday evening and Friday morning non-players vote who they want to leave. I will add the players to a team in the Blue Square South. I would like help on what attributes etc to give the players, thanks.

Your idea, hmm.

Except from it's not your idea it was mine in the first place and i've been working on it. Whatever, take it away.

He already has an active sign up thread which he has promised to put his efforts into, along with two challenges and an experiment. I'm hoping he's not planning on abandoning yet another thread to start a new one.

I actually posted the idea before you.

Thats not the point at all really. You gave my idea the thumbs up so i got to work on a suitable setup for the sign up only to come back and check this thread to see that you had submitted something of exactly the same nature. Seems a little weird to me man. But go ahead if you wanna do it so much.

I just put a new rig together and just wanted to see how smooth FM was running. I also wanted to test the temperature so I've let FM run since friday on a savegame. The savegame is all the scandinavian leagues and the date is currently 2nd of January 2062. :-D If anyone is interested in this for any use, let me know. I will probably let it run until wednesday or thursday.

I know everybody makes some experiment or a database or talks about how they swapped premiership sides with BSS/BSN ... I'm curious, though, has anyone tried just reversing the reputation of the competitions and see how that turns out?

When I came in and saw this it was a real shock to my system... I came into this thread about to post something exactly like this.

My plan was to reverse absolutely every reputation, from the premiership to the Blue Square north/south, so that BSS/N had 20, BSP the next level etc. I was going to call it oh no, we got promoted! or something along those lines, but I don't mind if you want it. It was also going to be for FM10.

The curious case of Benjamin Button- The sign up

10 players will be given the opputunity to sign-up as 36 year olds who are trotting along in Hyundai A-League. A place where many players at the same age come to see off the end of the careers with a bit of sun, a bit of extra cash and experience a whole different culture. However, joining the A-League will be only the beginning of the career for these future superstars!

Starting at the age of 36, each player will play their seasons like any other would at their age, except with a difference. One serious difference. Intead of getting older and older each birthday, the players will lose a year from their life. So say 'player A' was 29 years of age and had his birthday on Feburary 28, when Feburary 28 rolls along, we will be losing a year off his life and would now be 28 years old. This would happen every year until the age of 17 when they will essentially 'retire' from football.

Apart from this bizarre age reduction each year, it will run pretty much like anyother sign-up would be expected too!!

I hope everyone understands the spine of my idea and I will be looking for feed-back as its beginning (My summer holidays when they finally come round) get closer.

Guest roberto922

The Biggest Winner

Based on the Sky programme 'The Biggest Loser'

Users are grouped into two, with each pair being designated a Premier League club (minus the top 4 + Man City for the first season) to ply their trade at as strike partners. There will be 20 players.

The goal of the game is to achieve the highest goal to game ratio between them, with a minimum of 15 games required between the pair to qualify, at the end of the season the average of the two players goal to game ratios will be put against all the other pairs in a table, the bottom two pairs will be up for eviction and the rest of the contestants will decide which pair goes, until we are left with 4, at which point its every man for himself, with each player going to a seperate club of their choice with the aim of winning 'The Biggest Winner'

Along with the goal to game ratio however, there will also be a secret task each season, known only by me, that will contribute to attribute raises or, if you fail miserably, attribute reductions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my latest idea and the only one in a while that I feel confident about, it's got a couple of similarities with some signups, GCBs FMX factor in particular, but I've made an effort to make it fairly unique, once I've ironed out any problems and sorted out the introduction and sign-up sheet I will make a thread for it, any opinions on what I should add or change?

Guest roberto922

Good idea, you mean like depending on their goal to game ratio or a similiar factor shave a relative number of pounds off the porkers?

Good idea, you mean like depending on their goal to game ratio or a similiar factor shave a relative number of pounds off the porkers?

Yeah, and perhaps have any under performers put on a few as well. ;) And those who lose weight could get a determination/work rate boost as well.

Guest roberto922

Yeah I'll see if I can incorporate some attribute boosts into the game subtly.

One last question, what CA should I give the players? I want them to be Decent/Good Premier League players, I was thinking 140?

I got an idea for a kind of transfer challenge. Basically each week a team is chosen and people play as that team, trying to do good business in the transfer window, making good purchases, selling players for a good fee and bringing in good youngsters etc. When the transfer window is over a contestant can submit a screenshot of their transfers during the window. At the end of the week anyone from the forum has the chance to vote for the person they think has done the best transfer dealings and the person with the most votes could decide the next team.

This is a very basic idea so i thought i would let people give me feedback as their are a few flaws the main one being that people could cheat by either giving themselves a bigger transfer budget, or taking over another team to get them players easily. Also on most of my games the same teams go for the same players during the first transfer window so their may not be too much variety.

People have said before that there are not enough short term challenges in here and i think this could be a good one to do, feedback however will be much appreciated

I got an idea for a kind of transfer challenge. Basically each week a team is chosen and people play as that team, trying to do good business in the transfer window, making good purchases, selling players for a good fee and bringing in good youngsters etc. When the transfer window is over a contestant can submit a screenshot of their transfers during the window. At the end of the week anyone from the forum has the chance to vote for the person they think has done the best transfer dealings and the person with the most votes could decide the next team.

This is a very basic idea so i thought i would let people give me feedback as their are a few flaws the main one being that people could cheat by either giving themselves a bigger transfer budget, or taking over another team to get them players easily. Also on most of my games the same teams go for the same players during the first transfer window so their may not be too much variety.

People have said before that there are not enough short term challenges in here and i think this could be a good one to do, feedback however will be much appreciated

I like that idea. :thup:

Having just got back from Vegas and wanting a short sign-up to pass the Summer holiday time, I've had an idea for FM Roulette.

Basically, the sign-up will involve a roulette game and the contestants will be able to bet players using their values. For example, the Manchester United manager could bet Cristiano Ronaldo on RED. Depending on his worth, the winner would get their player back plus a monetary value that could be used to purchase new players. For example, if RED came up, the Manchester United would get Cristiano Ronaldo back plus his FM value, i.e. £35m or whatever it is. They would be able to use that money to sign players from other leagues, i.e. The Championship and down, European Leagues and Rest of World for the value of their players to improve their squad.

Teams would score points for winning things, i.e. Champions League, UEFA Cup, Premiership etc ... before another round of bets took place to shake things up further.

Anybody like the sound of it? Comments and ideas? A