Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm not entirely new here. I've not been active for a long time. I recently got my copy of FM09, and whilst looking for the patch, I came back across this website and thought, "Oh, yeah..."

Anyway, I've been lurking and reading through some of the threads, and was interested in a small AI Experiment, that may have some potential sign-up elements to it. Anyway, I was just looking for any of the more experienced CSE-ers to give me a few more refinements.

The goal of my experiment is to see what the effect of a good youth setup versus that of a bad one is. So, here's what I've done so far:

- Created two completely clubs, FC One and FC Two.

-- Both clubs have been given a very nice setup:

-- 99 million pounds in the bank; 75 to go on transfers, and brand new 45000 seat stadiums.

-- They've been put into the Premier League in place of Hull and Stoke.

-- Both sides have a moderately good repuation at 7000.

-- Each side has identical chairmen, One Smith and Two Smith, who are good businessmen, and moderately patient, but extremely ambitious.

- Now, here lies their sole differences:

-- FC One has a Youth Acedemy with a 20 rated Youth Setup.

-- FC Two has no Youth Acedemy, with a 1 rated Youth Setup.

Other than this, though, both sides are completely empty. I was considering leaving it completely up to the AI from here, though perhaps it would make sense to create a few (~10) players for each side with equal CAs and PAs to ensure that both sides have enough players.

Any other questions/suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As a quick trial run, I holidayed through to September 1st using the aforementioned database. Here's what I found:

- Both sides spent roughly 20 million on about five players each. The CAs of the players were all in the range of about 140-160.

- FC Two had not yet spent any money towards improving their Youth Setup.

- FC Two were in 20th place losing all three matches, while FC One had managed to win a game, draw a game and lose a game to sit in 15th.

So, what I would do differently before actually starting the expirement would be:

- Reduce the sides' bank balances to about 20 million. This would be enough to allow them to add a few players, but would hopefully prevent FC Two from investing in their facilities also.

- Allow eleven players (one for each position) to sign-up for each side. This would ensure they had a decent first team, in addition to any signings. I would make each player with a CA of 150, and a PA of 170. This should give them enough ability to hammer out a mid-table finish at least in the first season.

I would post seasonal updates on both sides. Here I would include signings, players of notice, etc. I would additionally put heavy focus on the performances of the Youth Players and compare the youth product for each of the sides.

I think someone called Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover did a challenge very similar to this for FM08 (and poss FM07)' date=' which followed your prinicipal, but for a club right at the bottom of the English football pyramid.

I think it's a good challenge... just blooming impossible for teams lower down the league pyramid!!! :D:thup:[/quote']

hence it is a challenge lol ;)

I just brainstormed up a new idea! get ready....

Oil Tycoon!

The goal is to make an average finance club the richest club in the world, then win your club's respective competition. Here's how it would work:

You must start with an Arabian nationality, this includes the following nations:

• Bahrain
  • Iraq
  • Israel
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Oman
  • Palestinian Territories
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Syria
  • Jordan
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Yemen
  • Maybe Egypt and Iran

Your club must include at least 7 players from any of the above nations by season 5. I will include a ddt.

You can load the leagues of your choice.

Your club must have okay finances or lower.

You cannot win the competition and then become the richest club, You must be the richest before you win.

If you get sacked, you must either find a new club and take them to the goals above or start over.

Tell me what you think!

Bubba, its only been up for a half-hour, give it some time, haha. I think it could be pretty good, but I would hold off on posting it as there are already a lot of challenges, and speaking of challenges, when is your MLS one coming up.

Bubba, its only been up for a half-hour, give it some time, haha. I think it could be pretty good, but I would hold off on posting it as there are already a lot of challenges, and speaking of challenges, when is your MLS one coming up.

first of all, read the post below my post again. second, i haven't gotten around to it yet. i have all this free time, but i'm just to lazy to get it around :p.

You are better off putting this one off because you have people who signed up for your MLS challenge, so to keep them happy :D you should post that one soon. Your edit was at the same time as my post so I wouldn't have been able to see that.

I was thinking for a Boys vs Girls manager sign up -

20 people sign up - ten as boys, ten as girls

10 go into BSS and 10 go into BSN (5 boys and girls in each league)

All have PA of 200

Its then a race to see who can reach the Premeirship first, keeping track of all trophys won on the way.

I may run one or two other top leagues but my Laptop isnt great with running mulitply leagus from other countries.

This is my first idea for it and it may extend depends on what people think.

Guest roberto922

Oh, doesn't seem that special then, could still be good if you gave it something really unique but otherwise there'd be nothing seperating the two genders.

Guest roberto922

But a 'unique' bit should be something that makes the game different, you would get identical results if they were all male or female as you would if they are split down the middle.