Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some questions I need to ask...

Do Singapore and South Korea have relegation?

How does the Indonesian Premier League and First Division work?

I have the framework of my challenge (not much different than Dafuge's or Gundo's Challenge really, but I will add a twist, since there are so few Asian leagues playable.) but I just a bit more knowledge about the Asian Leagues:)

rancer - I can't believe that you're going to start an small club to big club Asia challenge. ;) I had planned to do one when 09 came out, guess you've beaten us all to it now.

Time to start looking for somewhere else to do the challenge I suppose.

Yeah. It just popped into my head while playing FM and looking at a possible Japanese invasion in one of my career games:p

And I'm debating that there should be a Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4 of this Challenge wherever you start.

Part 1 - Win the League

Part 2 - Win the AFC

Part 3 - Win the Club World Championship

Part 4 - Take over the national team in your loaded and win the Regional Tournament and win the World Cup

Would this be too hard?:p

I wouldn't say that it was too hard, structure to a challenge is always a good thing.

I like the fact that there's also an internationl part to the challenge, I do like to try to build a nation up too. Shame that we can't do it in Gundo's challenge until you've completed it!

I remember Gundo starting a new challenge where you had to try and get the national job to go along with the club job, can't remember it exactly though. Will have to have a search.

And also start thinking about a new challenge that I can start.

And should Australia be considered part of this challenge? They are technically in Oceania:p

But FIFA class them as part of Asia, so they are technically eligible.

Depends if you're planning on having us take control of a newly promoted club side, because I don't think there's any relegation in the A-League.

Ok, roberto and Razer. I'm starting to write up this challenge:D

Looking forward to it.

I can't even do the challenge for South America as iseemonsters did it before the boards changed. Although he's not been back since the change, so I can't even find out if it will be run for 09.

A new idea popped into my head:D

Since my FM08 A New World is dying off because it seriously took a lot of work, and I don't have any time. I wouldn't mind trying an FM09 A New World though, with the following twists:

• a lot less signup spots than the 53 in the FM08 one (maybe 11 or 22 spots)
  • it will be from a blank database (like the FM08 one)
  • they will all be assigned to a country outside the top 100 in the rankings (if there 11 spots, they will all be assigned to 1 team, if 22, it will be 2 national teams)
  • each player must have European 2nd nationalities to avoid the messup in the FM08 one, where players from countries like Sri Lanka and Singapore couldn't find a club for months
  • leagues loaded tbd (but I will not load the MLS, and any other league that has the season end in December), but will be affected by the 2nd nationalities of the players. All top leagues loaded in the game will have their league reputation set to 20, 2nd division 19, and etc.
  • In regards to 2nd nationality: please, can you not ALL choose English as your European 2nd nationality :D

What I am trying to find, and why this will be a signup/challenge/experiment

• you can signup for it :p
  • when and how good the national team(s) will be (an experiment)
  • which league will rule European football, and which teams (experiment)
  • there will be a simplified point system (challenge)

Other info:

• the format in FM09 will be similar to the FM08 one
  • I will not manage a team. I will holiday month by month
  • which also means it will be monthly updates
  • I might also give individual player reports month by month (this will depend on the amount of free time I have)

That's all I have for now :D

Seeing as there's been a bit of talk about small club to big club challenges and with the start of rancer's Asian challenge, I thought that I'd let you all know that I plan on starting a South American version once FM09 hits the streets.

I know there's been a previous version and that's why I'm not starting one now, there'll be a fresh challenge thread around release day.

Look forward to lots of you giving it a try.

Seeing as there's been a bit of talk about small club to big club challenges and with the start of rancer's Asian challenge, I thought that I'd let you all know that I plan on starting a South American version once FM09 hits the streets.

I know there's been a previous version and that's why I'm not starting one now, there'll be a fresh challenge thread around release day.

Look forward to lots of you giving it a try.

Looking forward to it Razer :thup:

Maybe you should start checking the reset dates for the South American leagues :D

Looking forward to it Razer :thup:

Maybe you should start checking the reset dates for the South American leagues :D

Thanks rancer - I'll play your challenge if you play mine! :D

I'd already thought of that and seeing as there's still quite a while until 09 I should be able to work it out.

Thanks rancer - I'll play your challenge if you play mine! :D

I'd already thought of that and seeing as there's still quite a while until 09 I should be able to work it out.

That's a deal! :D

Maybe I should start managing in the South American leagues, to get a head start at South American LLM football.:D

That's a deal! :D

Maybe I should start managing in the South American leagues, to get a head start at South American LLM football.:D

Looks like I'll be playing a number of challenges on 09 then, as I'll want to have another crack at Gundo's, can't see me doing Dafuge's though (Sorry Daf) just don't enjoy managing in England anymore.

I've had a bit of a crack in Brazil in the past and it's rather complicated. I'll try and get some details together for each country to give everyone an overview to how each league works.

Looks like I'll be playing a number of challenges on 09 then, as I'll want to have another crack at Gundo's, can't see me doing Dafuge's though (Sorry Daf) just don't enjoy managing in England anymore.

I've had a bit of a crack in Brazil in the past and it's rather complicated. I'll try and get some details together for each country to give everyone an overview to how each league works.

Yup, me too.

My FM09 workload and the CSEs I'm participating:

• FM09 A New World CSE
  • rancer890's FM09 small club to big club Asian adventure challenge
  • Razer82's FM09 small club to big club South American adventure challenge
  • Dafuge's FM09 small club to big club challenge (not doing Gundo's or Jose's, sorry :()
  • roberto's ??? challenge
  • Random signups

So, many things to distract me from schoolwork :D

Alright....With still a couple of months till 09, we need a new challenge because some challenges such as the small club to a big club are slightly too long, especially with the 09 demo, around the corner. So, who would be interested in a new challenge. It could either be a:

Youth one - something about developing youth and screenshots, whos player does best etc. OR

One player - Make a player have the most sucessful career possible or something along those lines.

OR we could do a sign up or somebody else could suggest a challenge and I don't mind seeting it up or running a sign up.

So what do you think? Which is your favourite idea or give us any suggestions for a sign up or challenge etc.

Well I may have mentioned it before but I have a challenge idea that isn't mine.

On another FM forum back in the day before I joined this one I found a challenge for FM 05

The basics were that you needed to be Brazil and once they'd qualified for the WC try and do as well as you could with uncapped players for the Finals.

There was a points system but despite some searching I can't find the challenge :(

How about a sign up where all the players play for the same team?

For example a team from the bss/bsn has been promoted to the Premiership and have 16 16 year old -10 PA players and a healthy bank balance with a medium reputaton and good youth/ training facilities. Aim would be to see who would do well and if the team from the bss/n would do well.

I've got a potentially huge AI experiment building in my head.

It's basically " Which Attribute is the most important"

I'd create 36 teams ( one for each attribute)

Each player on the team ( apart from the keepers who would all be the same) would have all their attributes set to 1, except their team's attribute, be it longshots, or jumping or whatever, which would be set at 20. It would then be a battle to see which attribute is the best.

All teams would have no transfer, or wage budgets and so would not be able to bring anyone in.

Players would be tied to their club by future transfers

All Staff would be the same

Problems and possible solutions

There are 36 attributes( 14 tech, 14 ment, 8 phys), and there are no 36 club divisions ( to my knowledge)

My solution would be to do it in 22 club leagues ( i think there are these) and do it twice tech + phys and then ment + phys.

How long to do it for?

Depending on things like promotion, it might only be for a season, or it might be 20.

So what do you think?

How about a sign up where all the players play for the same team?

For example a team from the bss/bsn has been promoted to the Premiership and have 16 16 year old -10 PA players and a healthy bank balance with a medium reputaton and good youth/ training facilities. Aim would be to see who would do well and if the team from the bss/n would do well.

That's pretty much how the sign up threads used to be although we haven't had too many like that recently.

Each player on the team ( apart from the keepers who would all be the same) would have all their attributes set to 1, except their team's attribute, be it longshots, or jumping or whatever, which would be set at 20. It would then be a battle to see which attribute is the best.

All teams would have no transfer, or wage budgets and so would not be able to bring anyone in.

There are 36 attributes( 14 tech, 14 ment, 8 phys), and there are no 36 club divisions ( to my knowledge)

My solution would be to do it in 22 club leagues ( i think there are these) and do it twice tech + phys and then ment + phys.

How long to do it for?

Depending on things like promotion, it might only be for a season, or it might be 20.

So what do you think?

Sounds good :thup:

Do it for aslong as you want but 1 season might be best as promotion might ruin it. Maybe have a couple of separate games witht he same DB and run them all for a season and post the findings?

Ok I have an idea for an experiment I guess, but I do not have the time to run it currently, I may set it up come FM09 and have it run in the background while I playwith FML. But here goes.

Kind of based on the Super League type idea, but I was thinking of it going a lot more in depth, So I believe in Italy there are 18 teams in each league all the playable ones anyway.

So I would pick 9 of the top nations football league wise in the world. Thinking: England, Italy, Spain, Holland, Portugal, Germany, France (and I need two others) and taking two teams from each countries top league, they would go in the newly formed Serie A, then take two teams from each nations second tier and put them in the Serie B. Then for Serie C1/A & Serie C1/B it would be 4 teams from each nations 3rd division (2 into each league), and finally the Serie C2 would have 6 teams from each nation spread evenly between all the leagues. I was thinking i could continue it with Serie D as well so that the promoted teams also fit into this layout. My idea behind the experiment would be to discover what Countries leagues teams are competitive if they all had the same League rep as they would end up having in this situation. Anyone think this would be a good experiment? as for my Birds Flocking together Experiement it is still being worked on and will continue to be played in FM 08, just not updating right now :)

How long to do it for?

So what do you think?

This sounds like a very good AI experiment. In terms of clubs are there any leagues that contain 18 teams in the top league and the league below? If so you could have two leagues worth of teams with an attribute each and see what happens. After the first season the lower league would change as some teams would be relegated and replaced by upcoming normal teams. But this might also be quite an interesting side to the experiment, to see how the teams made up of only one attribute compare to a normal team.

I have an idea for a challenge in Fm09 (I know its early but what the hell). It would basically involve "becoming a legend" in MLS (by winning titles etc.) before moving to Europe to see if you can compete in the big leagues. Let me know what you think but this is a general idea at the moment and will be refined if I do it.

Guest mikeytwigge

Ive had an idea foe an AI experiment i will run it on 2008 and if it goes well and there is interest i will re run it on 09. Basically beacuse english football has a lot of money right now and is doing great compared to the rest of europe i want to see what it would be like if there was no money in english football. I would take all the money away from all the english clubs in the top two leagues and run it to see what happens to english football wether they continue domnating europe or they gradually drop off. Also i would see what affect this has on the national team. leagues run would be top two from all major eurpean nation

I have an idea for a challenge in Fm09 (I know its early but what the hell). It would basically involve "becoming a legend" in MLS (by winning titles etc.) before moving to Europe to see if you can compete in the big leagues. Let me know what you think but this is a general idea at the moment and will be refined if I do it.

How long will the players stay in MLS though? Most signup players would probably leave their teams within two years (tried through my FM08 A New World challenge). Of course, if you make everyone have the personality of Landon Donovan, it would be interesting.:D

How long will the players stay in MLS though? Most signup players would probably leave their teams within two years (tried through my FM08 A New World challenge). Of course, if you make everyone have the personality of Landon Donovan, it would be interesting.:D

As long as they want. Everyone would have to start with Automatic rep so they'll have to stay a few years to build it up so they can get better jobs abroad.

As long as they want. Everyone would have to start with Automatic rep so they'll have to stay a few years to build it up so they can get better jobs abroad.

Is this a managerial MLS challenge or player MLS challenge? A bit confused here.:p

Maybe write more ideas of your challenge here. As an expert of MLS and (hopefully soon) future season ticket holder of TFC, maybe I can assist you a bit.:)

It would involve a Forumer to take control of a MLS club of their choice. They would then have to win at least one title but they are free to win as many as they want. After winning the title they would then take their American manager across the ocean to Europe where they will attempt to win as many titles as possible in a European league. To then expand it a little they would have to take control of the USA national side and lead them to World Cup glory (or as close as possible).

I'm a fan of the MLS as well but through FM. I had a good couple of seasons at Dallas. I'm looking forward to the improvements made to it in FM09 as well which is why I wanted a challenge to help me stay interested.