Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

This is an ideas thread.

Something where people could discuss their ideas, etc for new sign-ups, holiday games or challenges. You might have something you want to ask before starting something new or see how much interest there might be before starting a particular thread. People might also want to help others with developing their ideas, that is the general idea of the thread anyway.

So this thread is dedicated to the helping and discussion of people with their ideas.

From this I believe that many quality threads could be created because of the initial discussion before being the thread being started.

Thanks to Ter for the idea.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been throwing an idea for a challenge inside my head, and I'm unsure whether it'd be taken with open arms or laughed at. I have two variations.

Variation 1

Disclaimer: This is the least likely of the two variations, due to the requirement of Genie Scout to determine who the worst player in the world actually is.

Aim: To take X (worst player in the world) and give him the most illustrious career as you possibly can, whilst at the same time starting as an obscure unemployed manager.

Discussion: Somewhat follows the same idea of a Dafuge/Gundo's challenge, but from the perspective of a single player as opposed to a poor-form club. It could be quite frustrating, but at the same time challenging to involve a butter player in winning some bread. This was my original idea, but due to its magnificent possibility of becoming tedious and frustrating, I went back to the drawing board (including some inspiration from these forums) and came up with variation 2.

Variation 2

Disclaimer: May have been slightly influenced by Jimbokav's Super Kyle story

Aim: To begin unemployed and mastermind the career of a regen. There are no restrictions on league or database sizes, but obviously there is to be no use of the editor or using FMGenie to find your chosen regen. Due to the requirement of first getting a job, and secondly getting a suitable regen, the game will start with a 1 year honeymoon period in which you are designated to find a job, and a regen. This honeymoon period ends on 1st July 2008. International management will also be allowed.

Required screenshots:

-Initial screenshot of manager overview showing unemployed status and poor reputation.

-Screenshot upon gaining job in honeymoon period.

-Screenshots before 1st July 2008 confirming choice of regen, and method of obtaining him.

-Yearly screenshots of club progress and player progress

Discussion: Personally, the open-ended choice of job and possibility of both club and international management (which would be required to make the regen do as well as hoped) would allow for a possibly enjoyable experience. Obviously people may have problems with being forced to sell their regens, but there are no restrictions on getting a new job above his current club and signing him back. The aim is to basically pull your regen through time icon_cool.gif. No doubt it would be fun to put emphasis on a single player's performance, and how to enhance it with other players, as opposed to a team in general.

As for deciding who is going the best, a points scheme would need to be realised to include league and cup trophies (international and domestic) goals scored, MoM awards, various other awards. Basically things that are compiled by the game in the History section of a player's profile.

SO, what do you think?

• SI Staff

Holiday Game Idea - Old Firm All Around The World

The idea for this one is to (eventually) swap Rangers and Celtic into every league in the game (obviously one at a time) and see how they cope and how things pan out. Obviously this is going to be very interesting in some of the leagues on other continents that have restrictions like Argentina, MLS, Australia etc. I've run a couple of tests (just with the Premier League in England) and it threw up some interesting results. All I would do is run the game on holiday and give some updates and possibly some screenshots then eventually move on to another country and do the same.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Ter:

The idea for this one is to (eventually) swap Rangers and Celtic into every league in the game (obviously one at a time) and see how they cope and how things pan out. Obviously this is going to be very interesting in some of the leagues on other continents that have restrictions like Argentina, MLS, Australia etc. I've run a couple of tests (just with the Premier League in England) and it threw up some interesting results. All I would do is run the game on holiday and give some updates and possibly some screenshots then eventually move on to another country and do the same.

What do you guys think?

That would be interesting.

You should do that.

Originally posted by nick...:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

What do you guys think?

That would be interesting.

You should do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or you could pull San Marino out of Italy and into the BS N/S and see how far they can get on their own/with you as manager

Holiday Game Idea

Does loading a league make a difference to the fortunes of the clubs and the country?

This is an idea to test something I have always wondered, exactly how much of a difference does loading a league have?

The idea is to report on the fortunes of the club and national teams from 10 countries over a prolonged period of time, comparing the loaded leagues against the unloaded leagues.

The fixtures could look something like:

Argentina vs Brazil

England vs Spain

Belgium vs Holland

Denmark vs Sweden

Northern Ireland vs Wales

Where the home team is the loaded league and the unloaded league.

Every season a comparison between the two countries could be made, comparing the clubs fortunes in continental competition using the club/nation coefficients and the nation's fortunes using the FIFA rankings. Reports could be made using a combination of rankings/coefficients and progress of individual clubs.

I've got a couple of ideas for a challenge.

A career challenge, small clubs to your favourite club

Firstly what I've noticed a lot of challenges are based around managing one club. Most of my longer term CM/FM games I've played I've usually managed one club. I'd like to play a game where I move around clubs, having a bit of success in different countries and building up my reputation.

New PCs are a lot faster with FM now, on my new PC I loaded all divisions from between 8 and 11 nations with large db and its still quick. So that wouldn't be an issue for a lot of people when it comes to loading several leagues. Again a lot of challenges are about loading one nation. Anyone with slower PCs could load 2-3 nations, so the challenge would be available to everyone.

I also haven't got a really good long term game going with Charlton since CM 00/01. I'd like to try and earn the job and make them as big as possible.

So the idea for the challenge would be to have a career, encourage everyone to move clubs and play in different leagues. You'd start unemployed and look for a club with an obscure or local reputation and go from there.

Eventually you'd hope you've done well enough to earn the job of the club you support.

As more popular challenges have shown, a simple challenge works best, so I wouldn't want to include too many rules and restrictions. That way the challenge could be played with any combination of leagues, db size etc.

I tried starting this myself, but there were issues with the match engine (in the 8.0.0 and the beta patch) meaning it was too easy, I was thrashing other teams. They seemed to think we had no chance. It should be improved in the official 8.0.1 patch.

Another idea is something thats been mentioned before...

Welsh "Double" Challenge

You could start in the Welsh Premier, or as one of the Welsh clubs in England (including Merthyr Tydfil and clubs promoted to the Welsh Premier).

The aim would obviously be to make the club do as well as possible, and evnetually take control of the national side.

Not sure what would work best, but a rule could be that you are only allowed Welsh players and staff. This wasn't a restriction in the San Marino challenge, and that worked pretty well as everyone still tried to sign players from San Marino.

As an option, you could play an extreme version, in SMSL's challenge style, only using Welsh players that come through your academy.

Any opinions on either of those?

I've always found that, you feel like you just can't leave the club, but this time I'd like to play a game that way.

Should have said the aim would be to win the top division and continental competition (so Premier League and Champions League in England) with the club you support. Of course you can take that further and try and make the club the biggest in the world.

Give A Nation A Spine - Holiday / Sign Up Game

Football analysts quite often talk about how important having a strong spine running through the centre of a team can be key to becoming a successful side. Therefore my idea would be to choose the worst fully affilitated FIFA nation within each continent (possibly with the exception of South America due to the lack of teams and general level of ability of those nations) and to create a superstar player with CA = 200, PA = 200 in the position of GK, DC, CM + ST.

You would therefore have 5 chosen nations (1 from Asia, Africa, Europe, Oceania and CONCACAF), with each nation having 4 young, excellent starlets and the person doing the holiday / sign up game could then see over time how each nation gets on... how much of an impact do these 4 players have on their nation? How high can these select few superstars raise their team's ability? Can any drag their country to a World Cup? Do some regens of the future from those nations have higher PA levels because of these 4 starlets? etc.

You could also analyse how long it takes for some of these star players to make their way to the big teams, ie: Would the starlets playing their domestic football in India or S Africa be picked up as quickly as those playing in Italy already?

I would propose that for each nation chosen, the players all initially begin at the same team in a fully visible league that is near their home nation,

eg: San Marino players would all start with a club in Italy.

American Samoa players would all start with a club in Australia.

The players for an African nation would start in S Africa etc.

The reason why I suggest this could be a sign-up / Holiday game is that it lends itself to either format, although admittedly putting it in holiday mode would make it run quicker.

I think the key to a holiday game is to make it REALLY specific.

dafuge's idea is excellent icon14.gif.

He compares 2 nations, (and that will be ebough for many), but also has the hidden depth of already having an inkling into what will happen and why, and this will be the real guts of the holiday experiment.

In terms of an idea for a challenge, I look at what we have at the moment, and it is all much of a muchness.

The dafuge thread is legendary on it's own and needs no explaining.

Gundo's challenge id dafuge's challenge in a small country.

Everton Blokes, Jeffhardy's, GAYAC, SMSL's, & foxmad's challenges are all good in their own rights, but are all very similar in that they are all hufely long term games like dafuge's and Gundo's.

The Fat GK challenge is unique I suppose in that it can run alongside any challenge, and it has seasonal as well as long term records.

How I first got speaking to dafuge was years ago and we did 2 single season challenges on CM03/04 (I think). One was managing East Bengal in India and the other was managing a Brazilian lower league team, (can't remember who), and each challenge only lasted for a single season.

A lot of people don't have the stomache for a long terms save and seem to spend theirr time drifting from 1 challenge to the next. Starting one after the other without ever really getting into it.

My main idea is that we should introduce a monthly challenge, that should last for exactly 1 calendar month, and be played over the course of only 1 season. People could nominate Nations or Divisions, Or we could simply ask Frank when he updates himself for FM08.

I would stick with the challenges that I currently participate in, but I think it would open this forum to a wider audiance, and maybe with whatever plans Ter has up his sleeve in terms of advertising, this may be something that will happen in any case.

and for my second idea...

Father and Son Sign Up Game

Basically the idea behind this potential sign-up game is that you make your own player like in most sign-ups and you choose a lower league team for him to play in (doesn't have to be England, could be lower league anywhere in the World). The person running the sign then follows the progress of these players.

The thing that would make this sign up different, is that each participant also creates a 'dad' for their player (same surname, same nationality, same place of birth, both have each other set as favoured personnel at 100%) and the dad is edited into the game as manager of the team his young son is playing in. So not only do you follow the progress of your player, but also of your manager as well... together do they create a formidable force? How soon is it before the dad is forced to flog his son on as his son yearns for bigger and better things? As both manager and player would have tremendous PA, do they ever form an allegance again at another club further down the line? Does the father or the son have more success in terms of winning trophies?

Again, the format of this is more suited to a follow your progress sign up.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

How I first got speaking to dafuge was years ago and we did 2 single season challenges on CM03/04 (I think). One was managing East Bengal in India and the other was managing a Brazilian lower league team, (can't remember who), and each challenge only lasted for a single season.

I've been thinking of resurrecting this for a while. Back in the days of the CM forums I started a series of challenges that were based over the length of one season, with a time limit of two weeks for people to complete them. A new team in a new country was chosen for each challenge, with some kind of table produced at the end of the two weeks.

If there any suggestions on this one, we could bring it back. Since then, the challenges forum has been created, so often people have a long term save on the game. How about making it a monthly challenge? Would people be able to manage a season with another team alongside their own games?

It was Santa Cruz icon_wink.gif

Sign-Up Idea

This is one that I've been wanting to do, but just couldn't because I've always had a game on the go.

It's based on the Murder Mystery Party idea. The setup is based on the usual sign ups, where every player chooses positions, attributes etc. but the creator comes up with a list of distinct personalities for the players, which are assigned via e-mail. These could based on things like 'thinks he is far too good for the team' to 'is having an affair with the GK's wife'. It would be up to the people taking part to drop subtle enough hints throughout the thread so that others could guess which personality belongs to them. Obviously the list (or a brief rundown of them) would need to be posted at the start, so that people could try to guess which people have which people have which personalities. The winner could be the first person to e-mail the creator with the correct list, with a maximum of say three guesses.

I think this could create an incredibly interesting thread to read and it could encourage people to be a lot more creative with what they contribute to the sign-up threads. It could create far more of a story, rather than just an update on a team, with far more people contributing to the thread.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I've been thinking of resurrecting this for a while. Back in the days of the CM forums I started a series of challenges that were based over the length of one season, with a time limit of two weeks for people to complete them. A new team in a new country was chosen for each challenge, with some kind of table produced at the end of the two weeks.

If there any suggestions on this one, we could bring it back. Since then, the challenges forum has been created, so often people have a long term save on the game. How about making it a monthly challenge? Would people be able to manage a season with another team alongside their own games?

It was Santa Cruz icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I genuinely think this is an excellent idea. I think it would be really fun to have a fresh challenge every month - maybe giving people the incentive to play in leagues they wouldn't normally consider.

Perhaps it could be mixed up a bit too - in that most challenges here start with a tiny team, with the objective being to make them conquer the world. Maybe with these challenges it could be that one month you're managing a tiny team in the lower divisions of Slovakia for a season, and the next month the goal is to win as many trophies as possible in one season with a bigger, better known team in a different league.

If you ask me, it might need to be controlled in some way though - as great an idea as it is, if the forum were flooded with two hundred odd one season challenges for all sorts of clubs, it's going to get pretty crazy pretty quickly. This scenario to me is really not out of the realm of possibility - say someone started a challenge to get Arsenal to win as many trophies as possible, then a Man Utd fan starts one that's exactly the same but with Man Utd instead, and before you know it you've got a challenge for every team in the world with a half-decent fan base. I know that if not enough people are playing them, challenges die out, but it could potentially cause the forum to get a bit clogged up.

So, an official monthly challenge would be a great way to control this and to stop the forum being deluged with them. Dafuge's FM08 demo challenge just goes to show there's an appetite for shorter challenges, and I think that a monthly one season challenge would be really good at stimulating and maintaining interest in the forum.

Just a few thoughts that sprang to mind! icon14.gif

Sign-Up Idea

This is one that I've been wanting to do, but just couldn't because I've always had a game on the go.

It's based on the Murder Mystery Party idea. The setup is based on the usual sign ups, where every player chooses positions, attributes etc. but the creator comes up with a list of distinct personalities for the players, which are assigned via e-mail. These could based on things like 'thinks he is far too good for the team' to 'is having an affair with the GK's wife'. It would be up to the people taking part to drop subtle enough hints throughout the thread so that others could guess which personality belongs to them. Obviously the list (or a brief rundown of them) would need to be posted at the start, so that people could try to guess which people have which people have which personalities. The winner could be the first person to e-mail the creator with the correct list, with a maximum of say three guesses.

I think this could create an incredibly interesting thread to read and it could encourage people to be a lot more creative with what they contribute to the sign-up threads. It could create far more of a story, rather than just an update on a team, with far more people contributing to the thread.

Oh my God that's fantastic icon_eek.gif!

If people think a monthly challenge would be a good idea, I'd love to run it. Running things monthly would mean that I could quite easily manage one season for that while continuing with my own long term game. What do other people think?

My sentiments exactly icon14.gif.

In terms of chosing a team to manage, even if Frank isn't up to speed for FM08 in terms of teams, there are no new league in the game so at least he could chose the league and then maybe your own random team generator, (the thingy in the game works doesn't it icon_confused.gif, I've never tried it if I'm honest), could shose the team.

Failing that, you could just use Frank for the Nation, then pick the league league /level out of a hat and then do the same for available teams.

If people think a monthly challenge would be a good idea, I'd love to run it. Running things monthly would mean that I could quite easily manage one season for that while continuing with my own long term game. What do other people think?

You've got my vote! As the creator of the most successful challenge in FM, I'd be surprised if there were any complaints! icon14.gif

I was thinking about this a bit more, and here's another thought that I'm not even 100% sure would be a good idea myself - but maybe something to kick around?

Obviously for each monthly challenge, there would probably be a leaderboard/table to show who took part and how they got on. How about, in addition to that, having an ongoing leaderboard across all the official monthly challenges? I'm not sure how you would work out the table as the objectives of each challenge would be different, but it could potentially be done in some way...

It's got both pros and cons - on the plus side, it would encourage people to keep taking part and keep coming back for the next month's challenge, and might be fun for regular players to see how they're faring overall across different leagues (not for the sake of beating other players, but just for their own interest), and if the same players keep taking part it could foster a really good sense of community... on the down side, it might overcomplicate things, might encourage a bit too much competitive behaviour when the idea is just to have fun, and would mean more work for the challenge originator.

Hmmmm... I don't know! Any thoughts?

Originally posted by iseemonsters:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

You've got my vote! As the creator of the most successful challenge in FM, I'd be surprised if there were any complaints! icon14.gif

I was thinking about this a bit more, and here's another thought that I'm not even 100% sure would be a good idea myself - but maybe something to kick around?

Obviously for each monthly challenge, there would probably be a leaderboard/table to show who took part and how they got on. How about, in addition to that, having an ongoing leaderboard across all the official monthly challenges? I'm not sure how you would work out the table as the objectives of each challenge would be different, but it could potentially be done in some way...

It's got both pros and cons - on the plus side, it would encourage people to keep taking part and keep coming back for the next month's challenge, and might be fun for regular players to see how they're faring overall across different leagues (not for the sake of beating other players, but just for their own interest), and if the same players keep taking part it could foster a really good sense of community... on the down side, it might overcomplicate things, might encourage a bit too much competitive behaviour when the idea is just to have fun, and would mean more work for the challenge originator.

Hmmmm... I don't know! Any thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was something that I considered when I ran it on the old CM forums, in the end I decided that it was best that each challenge was treated separately so that anyone could join at any time and compete in as many challenges as they wanted. We thought that the idea of an overall leaderboard might put off people joining part way through, because they had no chance of catching the leader. We found that regular individual challenges worked well, because people could dip in and out of it as they wanted.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

My sentiments exactly icon14.gif.

In terms of chosing a team to manage, even if Frank isn't up to speed for FM08 in terms of teams, there are no new league in the game so at least he could chose the league and then maybe your own random team generator, (the thingy in the game works doesn't it icon_confused.gif, I've never tried it if I'm honest), could shose the team.

Failing that, you could just use Frank for the Nation, then pick the league league /level out of a hat and then do the same for available teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time, I chose them myself, by trying to pick leagues that people might not have played in before combined with leagues people might be interested in. Believe it or not, East Bengal were actually chosen as they were one of the strongest teams in India. I think the beauty of a monthly challenge is that a mixture of strong and weak teams could be chosen, but I think the team should be chosen rather than randomly selected, this way some of the interesting teams could be chosen.

This was something that I considered when I ran it on the old CM forums, in the end I decided that it was best that each challenge was treated separately so that anyone could join at any time and compete in as many challenges as they wanted. We thought that the idea of an overall leaderboard might put off people joining part way through, because they had no chance of catching the leader. We found that regular individual challenges worked well, because people could dip in and out of it as they wanted.

Fair enough, that makes sense. And I agree on choosing teams deliberately rather than randomly, so as to give as wide a range of challenges as possible.

Last time, I chose them myself, by trying to pick leagues that people might not have played in before combined with leagues people might be interested in. Believe it or not, East Bengal were actually chosen as they were one of the strongest teams in India. I think the beauty of a monthly challenge is that a mixture of strong and weak teams could be chosen, but I think the team should be chosen rather than randomly selected, this way some of the interesting teams could be chosen.

Yes, and there could be a number of these challenges with like a difficulty rating out of 5/10 perhaps?

Originally posted by birdy123:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Last time, I chose them myself, by trying to pick leagues that people might not have played in before combined with leagues people might be interested in. Believe it or not, East Bengal were actually chosen as they were one of the strongest teams in India. I think the beauty of a monthly challenge is that a mixture of strong and weak teams could be chosen, but I think the team should be chosen rather than randomly selected, this way some of the interesting teams could be chosen.

Yes, and there could be a number of these challenges with like a difficulty rating out of 5/10 perhaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose the difference with those challenges compared to the current ones is that they were competitive in the way that you were competing against other people, rather than trying to achieve a common goal.

A difficulty rating should be irrelevant if people are competing against each other.

A very simple idea for a chelenge, and with a local twist.

Bring Singapore to the 2010 World Cup

Help Singapore qualify for the World Cup in 2010, as was the target they set before they abandoned the idea. Should be slightly tricky as the qualifiers have already gone underway as of FM08 and you only get one shot, meaning no time to build up the squad over several years.

But all in all, for the really experienced gamers, should be fairly easy.

Leeds United Challenge

Thought this would be interesting because of the points deduction.

There would be a points system involved, with points awarded for final league position, goals scored, rounds reached in each cup, and anything else I may have missed. It's a vague idea in this stage, but I hope to make this a successful one-season challenge.

Originally posted by birdy123:

Leeds United Challenge

Thought this would be interesting because of the points deduction.

There would be a points system involved, with points awarded for final league position, goals scored, rounds reached in each cup, and anything else I may have missed. It's a vague idea in this stage, but I hope to make this a successful one-season challenge.

It was only a matter of time before this one popped up. icon_wink.gif

I'd be certain that it would be very popular though. icon14.gif Good luck with it.

Sign-Up Idea

Brilliant Idea, i was nearly drooling icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Give A Nation A Spine - Holiday / Sign Up Game

Football analysts quite often talk about how important having a strong spine running through the centre of a team can be key to becoming a successful side. Therefore my idea would be to choose the worst fully affilitated FIFA nation within each continent (possibly with the exception of South America due to the lack of teams and general level of ability of those nations) and to create a superstar player with CA = 200, PA = 200 in the position of GK, DC, CM + ST.

You would therefore have 5 chosen nations (1 from Asia, Africa, Europe, Oceania and CONCACAF), with each nation having 4 young, excellent starlets and the person doing the holiday / sign up game could then see over time how each nation gets on... how much of an impact do these 4 players have on their nation? How high can these select few superstars raise their team's ability? Can any drag their country to a World Cup? Do some regens of the future from those nations have higher PA levels because of these 4 starlets? etc.

You could also analyse how long it takes for some of these star players to make their way to the big teams, ie: Would the starlets playing their domestic football in India or S Africa be picked up as quickly as those playing in Italy already?

I would propose that for each nation chosen, the players all initially begin at the same team in a fully visible league that is near their home nation,

eg: San Marino players would all start with a club in Italy.

American Samoa players would all start with a club in Australia.

The players for an African nation would start in S Africa etc.

The reason why I suggest this could be a sign-up / Holiday game is that it lends itself to either format, although admittedly putting it in holiday mode would make it run quicker.

I like the sound of this one, in either format really, but probably more in a holiday game format. Sort of like the great kipfizh holiday game but on a national level.

Monthly Challenges would be fantastic Dafuge, really good as it'd mean taking a break from games to do these smaller, quicker challenges.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a tactics challenge, seperate the men from the mice :p

But they could end up with things like:

- attacking challenge (winner is manager with most goals scored),

- defensive (most clean sheets)

- entertaining (biggest crowds/most goals per game)

- rotation (most players to make 10+ appearances)

- sporting (Best disciplinary)

- set pieces (most goals from set pieces)

Obviously these would only be one season games to make it easier to have a winner. And would have to be played with a selected team, if people are tyed on the selected section then it would come down to their performance in the league/cup.

Some of the ideas are a bit weak but it would stretch the tactical knowledge of the participants.

I've been thinking about running an FRED experiment once Genie Scout is released. Choosing 10 nations to run, holidaying the game for 5 seasons, then analysing all the players below the age of 20 (basically all FREDs) to compare them to the start of the game.

So at the start of the game you might have:

Players Under 20 with PA > 160

England: 60

Argentina: 70

Brazil: 90

France: 65

Then holiday it for five years, and see how the FREDs compare PA wise.

Also checking the vital attributes for positions, to see if we're still getting barely any defenders with high tackling etc.

Then holiday it another 5 years, do another comparison for the U20s, but this time compare the first batch of FREDs, age 20-25, to see what percentage of them are reaching their PA and so on.

I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a simple " bottom at Christmas" challenge where you'd take the team bottom of the EPL on Christmas day as far as you could by the end of the season.

It would be a quick challenge you could do in one night or over a weekend. It would on run for approximately 5 months so shouldn't take long.

There's not really much to explain, it's that simple to understand.

Just wondered if there'd be any interest?

I think it's a good idea. I personally think that there could be a series of these, with someone uploading a database where a different team is bottom of the league. Could also incorporate a difficulty level system there if that was the case (yes, I know I have said this idea before icon_biggrin.gif)

icon14.gif

I must be psychic because I already know who dafuge will chose in his first challenge icon_biggrin.gif.

One thing I've though is that maybe a save game should be uploaded to to someone like filefront, ann competitors download the save to participate in the challenge.

This would allow the challenge to take place in very detailed circumstances, such as no money at a big club, a team in administration, a team in relegation trouble in mid-season, (as has been mentioned above), and many other little slants on what we have grown used to.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Maybe it could be altered slightly to be similar to the old ones on the FM2007 website.

I'd upload the save then create a number of different challenges from that save all in the one thread based on a variety of different difficulties. That sounds like it would be fine to me. I've just holidayed to 25th December, I'll have a look at the situation of the EPL then maybe come up with something.