Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I have thought of a silly challenge.

Superflops

Basically you would have to spend a portion of your transfer budget on a player who could never play at your current level e.g. a Prem side signing a league 2 quality player. This player would have to start in all games (maybe with a few exceptions) and see who can "make" the worst flop. A points system would be used to decide who had the best (worst) flop.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this as an Idea (I actually thought about this for FM08 - but never mentioned it)

I'm not sure how league and nation reputation works now, but how about taking a team from a poor league (N. Ireland for example) - building up a team from scratch, (Taking them from the NI2) - and making them so financially able, that you can buy players from the other N. Irish clubs and inject stupid amounts of cash into them, to raise the reputation of the league / nation.

I knew they were for FM08 - but wasn't that changed in FM09 - due to things like Gundo's Challenge causing so many issues?

No, definitely unchanged. There was quite an interesting GQ thread about it. Someone from SI posted in it to say it was a good idea, but very hard to implement. Sounded like it would be some way off.

Does anyone think a redditch challenge would be any good?

You would have to take them to the Premiership in say under 15 years.

On 08, I got them to the Championship in 6 seasons and they were media predicted 22nd, first season.

Plus, who is the BSN/S media predicted 22nd teams?

Guest mikeytwigge

surely thats the same as dafuges challenge without the choice of clubs and the years challenge then. Personally i don't like all these specific club challenges that seem to be appearing i thnk if its just marking your progress with a sngle team then it should be in the careers thread

I think the Leeds one makes some sense, b/c a lot of players like to use Leeds so it keeps them all together and it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of a careers thread. The Luton one makes sense because of the special circumstances although that should only be the first season and then after that it should be moved to the career thread.

I agree with what you are saying.

It was just a small idea because I was just throwing up ideas for challenges :D

And, yeah it was for the media predicted 22nd team.

I have a new idea, which I will go in to later, in a bit more detail.

It's called The Casual FM Gamer's Challenge

It would be to do with me setting a bunch of challenges which you would choose one of them to do, say each month or with no time period and all challenges would be scored the same, I think.

Then, I would compile a scoreboard.

As you can tell, this is another random idea I've spouted up and I'm not sure on the specifics yet.

Tell me what you think.

Guest mikeytwigge

isnt that similar to the 20-20 challenge run by ssestig though, correct me if i'm wrong though cause i might have mis-understood you

It is if you slip it in, in a very casual way :D

No, I would start another poll about whether people are doing a challenge this year and mention it in there.

Thats what I did when all the challenges came out and I mentioned everyones with links.

Its along similar lines but you have an unlimited timescale and the will be various challenges posted up every few weeks.(Around 10 every 3 weeks)

Whilst in theory its a good idea, I can't see it getting much activity in this forum tbh.

The 20/20 challenges cover the regulars who want short challenges, all the small --> big club challenges cover the people wanting long term challenges and there aren't enough casual gamers to sustain the thread in the long term atm.

Imo, this is just a general view - there are way too many challenges at the moment, which is understandable as everyone wants to put their own challenge up asap. However, because everyone has put them up at the same time, half of the threads don't get the attention they deserve as people can only play a certain number of games at a time.

So whilst in theory its a good idea what you suggest, I just think in the long run it wouldn't get sufficient attention from enough people. :)

I agree that there are way too many challenges atm. I think the best bet to gain some interest would be to hold sign-ups. At least they won't be neglected.

And in regards to the small to big club challenges, I've learned that there are always some regulars who would come to the same small to big club challenge every year, with the exception of Dafuge's challenge, which is basically the general CSE population.

The main 'regulars' of the small club to big club challenge (I might be wrong as I've only been a CSE-er for about a year...):

Gundo - cookie15, Fitzaay, DodgeeD, spotg, Icelander83

JoseRR - Lower League Rules, iacovone, rlipscombe, Benjaminoo, max1994, ?Flashman\'s School Day's? (unless you don't want to add him to the club :p)

rancer890 (aka me :D) - Quackje, Earendil, rinso, Sazchu, blowcrapup, VeniVidiVicious

Razer82 (it's been neglected:() - JSalter, corinthiano

Just an observation I've noticed. I'm bored ya know. :p

If there are any disagreements with this, feel free to disagree with me lol.

I've seen this idea in some forms around the forums (namely johanos barca challenge)

my idea is to have a chellenge where a team (any team) reaches the pinnacle of the game with an entirely homegrown squad

at the moment thats all i have but im sure ill have some more information if people are willing to give it a shot

any takers?

I've seen this idea in some forms around the forums (namely johanos barca challenge)

my idea is to have a chellenge where a team (any team) reaches the pinnacle of the game with an entirely homegrown squad

at the moment thats all i have but im sure ill have some more information if people are willing to give it a shot

any takers?

I think someone called Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover did a challenge very similar to this for FM08 (and poss FM07), which followed your prinicipal, but for a club right at the bottom of the English football pyramid.

I think it's a good challenge... just blooming impossible for teams lower down the league pyramid!!! :D:thup:

what's everyones views on a challenge where i'd replace Stoke with a created team with the same resources as the majority of Premiership teams, but had no players. They'd have around a £100M balance, and a £40M transfer budget. The aim is to win the Premiership and Champions League in as little time as possible. Oh and one other thing. They can only bring players in that are Free Agents, Listed for Loan or Transfer Listed (Bosman's not allowed, however you can sign them if they become free agents).

I'm thinking of implementing an idea I had for FM08 for a player-based thread but before I get to that I have a question, especially for those of you doing dafuge's challenge but it may be noticeable in any game: are the 'Islanders' still popping up in the new game? (i.e. regens from obscure nations usually Caribbean Islands who are often quite good or even world class)

Whilst in theory its a good idea' date=' I can't see it getting much activity in this forum tbh.

The 20/20 challenges cover the regulars who want short challenges, all the small --> big club challenges cover the people wanting long term challenges and there aren't enough casual gamers to sustain the thread in the long term atm.

Imo, this is just a general view - there are way too many challenges at the moment, which is understandable as everyone wants to put their own challenge up asap. However, because everyone has put them up at the same time, half of the threads don't get the attention they deserve as people can only play a certain number of games at a time.

So whilst in theory its a good idea what you suggest, I just think in the long run it wouldn't get sufficient attention from enough people. :)[/quote']

Thanks for the feedback.

I totally agree with there being way too many challenges at the moment.

I would run a sign-up at the moment but I can't get on to the editor because I get an error message.

I know I have to download something to fix it but I don't have the internet on that computer.