Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the Rep straight out of the Editor so I would assume it would be their sources that are unreliable :p

Maybe bring it up in the Data Errors section haha.

And after realising I had too many clubs in the BSS & BSN I have made a readjustment. It turns out both clubs you mention have identical Rep in the list, and are both now in the same league, Fort William being the worst ranked of those in the three lowest divisions I had done.

Guest roberto922

IMO TNS should be ahead of Llanelli in the Welsh league, they have dominated so much the last 6-7 years with the exception of last year

What about something like playing a full season with only just 20 players throughout the whole year? Any league, but pretty much the 'bottom' team within the league you choose..?

Also what about the 'East Stirlingshire' challenge? Get them upto Division one within something like 4 years? Playing with atleast 8 scottish players in the squad, including homegrown...and also having to win atleast one cup (Scottish, League or Challenge Cup...)

Cheers,

Hack

AI Experiment - What makes a league succesful?

I basically wanted to test what factors could make a league have success at continental level and came up with an idea. I would edit certain factors of the top two tiers of 3 countries and see if this would improve the countries club fortune. The leagues I would have tested would be of Ireland, N. Ireland and Wales. The following changes would be mae to each league:

-Wales: The Welsh Premier League would have its Reputation upped to the same level as of the English Premier League. This would be the same for the Welsh Cup and First Division. No other changes.

-N. Ireland: All clubs in the top two tiers would get a reputation of 10,000. The league and cup reputations would be upped to the same level as Ireland s they have an even playing field.

-Ireland: All clubs in the top two tiers would get £100 Million in the bank, have their facilities upped to the highest level and would get their stadium expanded to a 60 000 seater.

I would like to see what effect each of these factors has on the league, in the short and long term. Every country would be faced with a particular question:

-Wales: Will the high reputation of the league be enough to raise the welsh clubs reputation and finances andbe able to make them a major force in Europe?

-N. Ireland: Will the clubsbe able to maintain a high reputation in a low reputable league? Will the cubs be able to attract decent talent and make an impact in Europe?

-Ireland: Will the clubs be able to buy in good talent with all their money available even though they have a low reputation? And will they be able to produce enough good talent to be competitive abroad?

Ultimately I would like to see which nation has the most succesful clubs, again in th short and long term.

What do you think about this idea, would it interest you or do you think the results are pretty obvious? Also, do you have any other suggestions for variables I cold be testing out?

I would also be running this on a lower priority to my sign-up i.e. when I set deadlines for people to make choices in my sign up I will carry on with this. I think I still should be able to compile regular reports as they woud not need a large amount of effort.

Thanks for your views and opinions in advance :)

I like the sound of it. Maybe doing it seperately will give a more accurate image of each of them but I also think running all together will be interesting as it shows the three in relation.

Maybe it would be better to do it with nations that are a bit spread out? As these clubs will instantly be fighting over the same players, or so I would think.

My initial idea was to get countries of the same region as they would be similar and more comparable. But the points about running three saves or doing spread out contries are very good and I will have a think about that. Thanks for your feedback!

I think I am going to end up doing 3 different saves with the same country. That way it keeps the experiment consistent and fair. Thoughts?

I have now got to decide which country to use, I was thinking Ireland as their league still has a reasonably decent reputation. What does everyone else think? Or should I pick Wales as they have a low rep? Or any other countries that would be more interesting?

I have decided to go for Iceland, just wanted something a bit different. Will probably post the experiment tomorrow. If anyone has any suggestios in regards to the nation I picked or the variables I am testing please let me know so I can mull over it before I start it :)

You've just made your experiment excpetionally interesting to me :D Keep with Iceland, it should be easy enough to make variables there. Keep the league rep (5/20 iirc) and increase the rep of the teams, do it the other way around, make them rich with low rep. Just go wild, every value for the league and the teams are low to start with so you don't have to change everything around each time :thup:

Hi All, got an idea for a challenge, would be great to get some feedback.

The challenge would be 2 seasons long and the aim of the game is to take Leeds back to the premier league. The twist is that throughout the challenge you would be limited to only 4 permanent transfers and 2 loans into the club. These can be made at any point.

Points awarded for success in the league and cups (exact structure to be confirmed dependant on feedback!)

What does everyone think ?

Guest mikeytwigge

would it have to be leeds or could it be any league one club as leeds already have their own challenge you might get more take up if you broaden it

would it have to be leeds or could it be any league one club as leeds already have their own challenge you might get more take up if you broaden it

Could be any League One club really. Picked Leeds as they have a pretty decent squad for that level and keeps the number of transfers low. But yeah, any club would work.

It sounds quite tough but good for a short-term punt.

Yeah it would be tough, but i suppose it's a challenge! What i'm really interested in is how people can really get the best out of a club without making 20 transfers in two seasons.

Last year there was a challenge called 'The Scouting Knowledge Challenge' where the aim was to get your teams scouting knowledge to the top.

I don't think anyone completed it last time and the thread wasn't very active due to the lack of things you could really post in the thread.

I was thinking that if I brought it back though there could be a few more things to do, like adding in a Hall of Fame for the best finds or things like that.

Opinions please :)

Guest roberto922

Could I have a link to the original please? I think that was before I started in CSE because I have no knowledge of it

Guest roberto922

Quite good, could prove reasonably successful seeing as it can be run alongside any save game. I wouldn't expect much banter though mate

Guest roberto922

Yeah but you can post on everyones different players etc. I can't really see people gasping in amazement at the fact that you've gone up by 3% scouting knowledge :D

I had this idea last night when i playing Metal Gear solid Snake Eater.

THE SNAKE EATER CHALLENGE

Part 1

The Virtuous mission

STAGE 1

Gaining Respect

You must gain some respect amongst your commanders before you are sent on your first mission. There are to ways to do this.

The English path: You Can take over any team from the championship you must take them to a top ten finish in the premiership you have two years to complete this task

Rules:

If England is your chosen destination then there is only one rule, you must have at least 6 American players in your squad 3 of them must be in your Match squad.

STAGE 2

The Virtuous mission

You have gained enough respect from your commanders To be sent on your first mission You have 1 season to complete this task.

Eligible Teams:

Dinamo Bryansk
Dinamo Barnaul   

You must take your chosen team and Take them to a higher finishing position than last season

Rules

You must have a player from at least five of the former soviet States your choices are

Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Estonia, Lithuania or Latvia

STAGE 3

Back to the start

If you started in England you must go to the MLS.

The American Path: You will take over the team predicted to finish bottom of the MLS And win it you have two years to do this.

You must have one of your players from Russia in your squad Also a player from your Original team in England

If you started in America then you must go to Britain.

You have a choice of 5 clubs.

Everton 
Aston Villa 
Fulham 
West ham 
Tottenham

You must take your chosen club to Europe through a league finish you must spend only 1 season there before returning to the Russia.

PART 2

Operation Snake Eater

After proving your up to the job you return to Russia But this time you must complete the job

After returning to Your first Russian club you must win the champions league with them

STAGE 4

The Jungle around Grozny Grad

You must Finish in the top five and reach the quarter finals of the Russian cup.

However you are not ready for top flight football and you must NOT be promoted.

Rules NO players should be signed Or sold. Transfers arranged before you take charge are allowed to play as you didn’t arrange them.

STAGE 5

Climbing the Mountain

You MUST gain promotion this year.

Rules you must Have a representative of every one of these nations in your squad.

Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Estonia, Lithuania or Latvia

STAGE 6

Grozny Grad

You must break Moscow dominance in the league. You have 5 seasons to win the champions league

Rules you must Have a representative of every one of these nations in your squad.

You must also have a player from your first division clubs and 1 player from Your American club and 1 from your English club

You are allowed to sign any player from any other nation as long as you have followed the requirements

STAGE 7

Homecoming

You will now manage either the US national Team or The England National team. All you have to do is progress as far as you can in the world cup and then the challenge is complete.

NO use of the editor

Get scout report Or offer Trial must be on the player option bar for you can sign them.

What do people think.

Max

I loved Metal Gear Solid 3 and it is a good idea, however, given the length of the challenge and its allusions to MGS3, I believe it would be better as an FMS Challenge like these. Also note that once you leave a club, unless it has been changed for '09, they really don't like you and it is difficult to get back to managing them.

G'day all,

I've been on here for a while, and seen the slow dying death of club sign-ups. Which is really sad as it's quite obvious that many people get quite attatched to these clubs.

For those who don't know, The OP would edit a whole heap of wonderkids created by other users (ie; signing up) into a team, and we'd all watch the rise through the leagues and get quite attatched to the club.

The last one that we had which was even remotely close, was Sporting Lisburn. A few other memorable teams include Manana Banana (sp?) which was run by Lokedout420 and it was fantastic to see them rise through Spain. Another one was run by Birdy and was set in Italy, and I just can't manage to remember the team.

So as my first major, long-term sign-up, I plan to bring back the club sign-up. I'm very open to where it will be held, But have a few preferences.

- I would like it to be in Europe, as watching the club progress through Europe is one of the best parts.

- I'd rather not the UK, as we all learn a bit about the culture of the city from the club.

- I don't mind creating the team, or using an existing one.

- A club with a really funny and unusual name can make for alot of fun aswell.

- I'll prbably get kits made-up from the skinning hideout, So I'd like an awsome sponsor in the team.

So basically I'm pretty open, But would like a really nice, funny, catchy name for the team like Sporting Lisburn or Manana Banana.

I've already through of a couple of regions for the club,

-Andorra (Put them in the lower Leagues of Spain),

-Porto Santo (From the Madeira Isalnds in Portugal, A beautiful place to live, and without a major football club)

-Anywhere in Luxembourg (Either of French, Belian or German Leagues)

-K.E.I.O.C ( I know i didn't want any clubs from the UK, But if enough people want it, I would consider.).

-Gibralta (Don't currently have a team, So could make for interesting times, Probably in Spain or England)

-Calabria, Italy (Europe's Carribrean will no longer be one of Italy's best kept secrets.)

-The Loire Valley In France (Once again, Keeping with the Touristy theme).

So far I'm most impressed by Porto Santo as I reckon Portugal would be alot of fun and is a bit of an untried land. Gibralta is also quite appealing along with the Loire Valley. I'm definetly open to suggestions and would love to hear some of your views on bringing back the old club sign-up, as well as Where the club will be.

Thanks all, Pluckaduck

I would be really up for joining a club sign-up, I have never been part of one and I think it could be really fun.

I like the idea of Portos Santo in Madeira, or maybe a city in Azores, another beatiful set of islands in the middle of the Atlantic with even less reputation within football, with Santa Clara being the only big club there. Smaller cities that could be used would e Lagoa, Calheta or Velas. As for names, I am not sure yet, am not the bst for that, but if I manage to come up with anything interesting I will let you know!

Corinthiano Thanks Mate, I like the idea of Azores along side Madeira, I reckon the Club sign-up will really work aswell.

Walcott\'s Wonderkids, I did consider Greenland mate, but was unsure of its appeal to a wider-audience. I'll add it to the shortlist. The Vatican is a pretty gun idea as well. From my own searches as well as looking in The Old World Discussion thread, there are no club's from either of these regions in the database, But I'm more than happy to create them.

I reckon I'll open an interest gauge/sign-up thread, and give people a poll to decide who they want the club to be as well as deciding on the name, sponsor ect.

Current Shortlist

Andorra

Madeira Islands

Gibralta

Calabria

The Loire Valley

Azores

Vatican City

Greenland

Keep the idea's and suggestions coming guys, I reckon I'll open the intreest gauge thread pretty soon.