Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

No, you don't need to. In my Apprentice sign-up, all of the managers are edited into the database, and my manager name is "Sir Alan Sugar". If one were to get fired, I'd get the news direct to my inbox because the Premiership's the only league running. However, for news on the managers in your sign-up you'll just have to keep tabs, checking around every so often to make sure they're all still there.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea for a Transfer Challenge. The idea would be that each week people would have to complete a different challenge based on transfers like winning the premiership whilst only signing players from the championship or below, win a domestic cup whilst on being able to sign defensive players. Each different challenge would only last one season and a new challenge could be created for the next week. This means that there would be a league table and people would get points depending on their performances. More points would be awarded for a person who did the set challenge with a team like Derby rather than Man Utd. This is obviously open to comments and criticism so feel free to tell me if this has already been done.

This is idea for an experiment/challenge that could be done with pretty much any save game you already have running (in a similar manner to the Danny Roberts Challenge and NepentheZ's Youth Player Project):

As anyone who has taken on dafuge's or gundo's challenge will well know, the 'Islanders' are a perculiarity of this paticular version of FM and some of them can be nutured into good players, even the odd worldclass one pops up! The idea would be this: to pick one small nation that seems to be regularly producing regens, bring them into your youth/reserve set-up and see if you can set them off on careers and raise the standard of their national team.

There would be no obligation to keep the players long-term or to play them in the first team (unless you get a real gem of course). You just need to sign them, have them complete at least a full season at your club and them bring them through the ranks or sell them on. Then, you need to keep track of the national side and see how the development of these players affects their international performance. Obviously the key here would be to set the relevant international competitions your chosen Islanders compete in to full detail so the players can make a difference. For example, over the least 4 or 5 seasons in my gundo save, Democratic Republic of Congo and Turk & Caicos Islands have produced a lot of regens so I would need to set all African or North American competitons to full detail dependin gon which nation I went with.

Reports on the players and the nations would then go into the thread making it a kind of 'experimental challenge' I guess. Would anyone be interested in doing this as well? If not, would their be interest in following what's happening in my save as an experiment?

Guest roberto922

It's always Guinea n mine for some reason, all you'd have to do is put comments on how your chosen NAton and the players you take on are progressing? This could be very interesting f we get a few people in :thup:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. The main aim would be to see if keeping those players in the game and maybe passing them onto other clubs would improve the fortunes of their country. Kind of like seeing how you can influence the course of the game beyond just the club you are managing and the leagues you are in.

Guest roberto922

I could certainly do that on my Everton game, we're in the 2020s so theres plenty of regens and I have plenty of money to invest in players, I'll buy the whole Guinea side! :D

Also if you want a hand with anything then I can help, the CSE Euros only has 3 challenges left to be made and I'm waiting for Frazza to finish in the other Experiment so I've got nowt to do really, it stops my GF from making me watch fricking flick chicks too! :D

Guest roberto922

I'm trying it out now. I'll tell you what happens in a bit, I was thinking of something, how about if you create a side and stick all the players from an obscure nations in, give them perfect facilities and see what happens?

I think I will open a thread for this over the weekend so we can post our updates in there. Just need to write the op and establish how it should be done.

Like the other idea but that sounds more like a 1 man experiment. If you give it a go, I'd be interested to see what happens though. :thup:

Guest roberto922

I've gone from having nothing to do to having 3-4 things to do over the next week :( I'll do it then though if I remember.

I've had this floating around for a while now not sure how it will be recieved or if its been done before.

Basically the top 44 nations in the Fifa ranking are put in the Premiership and Championship along with their squads and coaches. The rules would be to only have players from the country of your team in your squad and the aim is for your club to win all cups and for your nation to win all of the international tournaments. The squads would be chosen from media prediction against fifa rankings.

Just an idea could run as sign up or challenge. Tell me if its a rubbish idea or not....

I've had this floating around for a while now not sure how it will be recieved or if its been done before.

Basically the top 44 nations in the Fifa ranking are put in the Premiership and Championship along with their squads and coaches. The rules would be to only have players from the country of your team in your squad and the aim is for your club to win all cups and for your nation to win all of the international tournaments. The squads would be chosen from media prediction against fifa rankings.

Just an idea could run as sign up or challenge. Tell me if its a rubbish idea or not....

WW is in the middle of making one of those actually.

Yeah I did a similar thing on FM07 with the Scottish Leagues. I'm currently getting some people from the forum to create one for FM08 which will be an improvement on the last one.

Thinking of running it as a quick challenge before FM09 comes out.

PM me if you fancy helping out with the database. :thup:

A little announcement/story/poll

As you all know, or should know, about a week ago I left my sign-up 'The All American Managerial Contest' mainly because i'd lost interest in it, and didn't want it to die, so decided to let someone else run it.

Literally hours after this, I was thinking of ideas for a new sign-up, my initial idea was a 'England vs Germany' sign-up, where I would create a teams worth of each nationality, then they would each secure points through a series of seasons, the end would show who truly is better. But then I thought that the 'German' thing would cause problems, and after a brief discussion with dafuge, it was evident this couldn't happen.

I then changed Germany to France, making an English vs France sign-up, prior to my 1 week holiday I was almost certain that I would be making this sign-up, so much so that Robert had signed up for it before I went away, as he wouldn't be around when the sign-up would be 'started'.

Whilst away on my holiday, during the first few days I missed playing FM, during that period of time I thought about my 'sign-up' and decided on perhaps making something more original, I experimented on the possible idea of an experiment/sign-up, where there would be around 100 players, each naturally not English, but with English as a second Nation, they would start their career at a random English side and the idea would be to see how many would become English, but then I realised that 100 people couldn't play for a National side, so that was the end of that idea.

On around Day 2 of my holiday I completely forgot about FM, enjoying my holiday, and I never looked back, until yesterday when I returned home.

Since then I thought about the popularity of canvey!!'s Apprentice Sign-Up, and Bermy's Dragons Den sign-up, and saw a real gap in the market of the 'TV' sign-ups category, so I today I have been going through possible TV sign-ups and have since then narrowed it down to just 4.

If i'm allowed to, then i'd like to create a page just for the poll, and then decide which one of the four to do.

I wont disclose the 4 ideas yet, but I believe which ever one that is chosen will attract a lot of interest, and will make a very good sign-up.

If I was you, I'm not sure how inclined I'd be to share 4 ideas, if you're only going to ever use 1. Maybe best just to ge one of the ideas nailed down, I'm sure it would be popular whatever it was.

Btw, the 'Dragon's Den' thing was an idea that was tagged on at the end, I can't even watch the program here, it was completely incidental to the idea :)

Guest roberto922

I'm doing that long lost classic [insert name ;)] hopefully, I need to find a league in FM that doesn't have promotion or relegation though (NOT the MLS though)

Guest roberto922

I haven't decided yet, chances are it'll be a sign up but it could just be an experiment, it depends on how much interest there is really

Guest roberto922

Brilliant Peru and Singapore don't have relegation, it'll almost definitely be set in Singapore as Peru has some stupid rules.

Guest roberto922

Heres an intro to the challenge I'm considering:

Survivor: FM Edition

Hello and welcome to Survivor, I'm your host Robert Jones. Tonight sees the beginning of a new era here on Survivor. 12 clubs have been created by Villiam Geets, Bill Gates' Dutch cousin, He has set aside £100 million to each club, this money will take stadium, training facilities etc into consideration. 12 lucky viewers will decide the futures of their clubs through how wise their choices are.

Now it's time to throw some rivalry into the mix, the league will be split into 3 groups: The Bandits, The Pirates and The Merchants. You lot will be the main force behind any success that the clubs have. At the end of each season Villiam will donate a further £50 Million to each group, the members of the groups will then decide what to do with the money (Put it in the transfer budget, wage budget, expand stadium etc.) and I will then fix it using FMM.

So come on over to the nation of CSE-topia and enjoy the sunshine but be warned now and then I will set tasks for each group in the form of challenges, these will either benefit or damage your club/group depending on how well you do.

So will you be the saviour of your chosen group or will you proceed to destroy any good work made by your fellow members? Only time will tell.

Guest roberto922

Pricing

You want everything in the world right? Wrong. Nothing in this life is free, take what you need and leave it at that. All this will make sense once you've read the post after this so don't go getting in a huff!

1,000: £0

2,000: £5 Million

3,000: £10 million

4,000: £15 million

5,000: £20 million

6,000: £25 million

7,000: £30 million

8,000: £35 million

9,000: £40 million

10,000: £45 million

Stadium Capacity:

5,000: £1 million

10,000: £3 million

15,000: £5 million

20,000: £7 million

25,000: £10 million

30,000: £12 million

35,000: £15 million

45,000: £20 million

55,000: £25 million

65,000: £30 million

75,000: £35 million

Training Facilities: £1 million per digit up to 10, £2 million per digit from 11 up to 20

Youth Facilities: £1 million per digit up to 10, £2 million per digit from 11 up to 20

Youth Academy: £10 million

Assistant Manager: £250,000 per 10 CA Points

Players:

£1,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 100 CA (e.g A player with 100 CA = £5 million)

£2,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 150 CA (e.g. A player with 140 CA = £9 million)

£3,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 200 CA (e.g. A player with 200 CA = £17.5 million

The remaining money goes into the transfer budget

Guest roberto922

Design Infrastructure

Right then now it's time for the fun part, let's design your club, bear in mind that you're on a budget

Budget: £200 million

Club Name:

Short Name:

Six Letter Name:

Nickname:

Second Nickname(Optional)

Year Founded:

Stadium Name:

Stadium Capacity:

Training Facilities:

Youth Facilities:

Youth Academy?

Home Kit :-

Pattern:

Foreground:

Background:

Trim:

Away Kit :-

Pattern:

Foreground:

Background:

Trim:

Third Kit:-

Pattern:

Foreground:

Background:

Trim:

Assistant Manager:

Players:

GK:

DL:

DR:

DC

DC

MR

ML

MC:

MC:

FC:

FC:

7 subs

GROUP:

Guest roberto922

2,000: £5 Million

3,000: £10 million

4,000: £15 million

5,000: £20 million

6,000: £25 million

7,000: £30 million

8,000: £35 million

9,000: £40 million

10,000: £45 million

better?

Guest roberto922

2,000: £7.5 Million

3,000: £15 million

4,000: £22.5 million

5,000: £30 million

6,000: £37.5 million

7,000: £45 million

8,000: £52.5 million

9,000: £60 million

10,000: £67.5 million

better?

The budgets only £200 million though.

It depends on what you are looking for though - the higher it is the more variety you will get between players going for high rep but poor players and a low rep and good players already.

You need to set the barrier for high rep really high as otherwise everyone will get 10,000 rep clubs and attract the best players over time.

Guest roberto922

I've set it like so:

2,000: £10 Million

3,000: £20 million

4,000: £30 million

5,000: £40 million

6,000: £50 million

7,000: £60 million

8,000: £70 million

9,000: £80 million

10,000: £90 million

Are you gonna sign up WW?

Hi I thought of an idea for a sign up but I'm not sure if its been done before or not. It would be a basic create a player sign up however each player would be able pick up to six attributes to have at 20 but for every one they put at 20 they must pick one to make 1 (or 20 for injury proness/dirtiness).

For example:

1st name: Anthoney

2nd: Example

DOB: 24/65/3342

Strenghs (Atrriubtes at 20): Finishing, Pace

(so because he picked two at 20 he must pick two to be 1)

Weakness (attributes at 1): Pace, Heading

It would be limited to 20 players including myself each of which would be assigned to a random club in the premeirship.

If there is interest I would need to run a small experiment to find out the ideal begining CA please let me know either here if there is interest.

Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Having a bit of a problem with getting the test db right the attributes I put at 1 keep raising themselves to 13 and 14 (I think it might be because i just used the top 6 as a test and the ones that keep raising are too important for a striker ie finishing) any advice would be welcomed.