Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Maybe just to make it interesting you could start with a club in England or Brazil or wherever really and play as them until 2010 and then using only players from your club who have not been capped you take over the England job with a second manager and retire your current one icon_wink.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by littleliam:

Well if anyone could say whetehr they think i should start it up yet!

I don't think i will until tomorow now anyway

Have you thought about what kind of story it will be telling?

Maybe this will give you a few things to think about before starting it.

------------------------------------------------

A NEW CHALLENGE IDEA

Again i dont know if this has been done before but ive though of a idea which is basically a challenge where yo need to take as many clubs as possible to the premiership.

You start of at any club in any league and must take them all the way to the premiership. Then, once you get there you should apply with the same manager to another club outside the premiership and start again.

Im thinking there could be a points system along the lines of -

Championship Side - 1

League 1 Side - 2

League 2 Side - 4

Conference National - 8

Blue Square N/S - 16

With an extra 3 points if you stay on and win the premiership. Only once per club though.

An extra 2 points for an FA Cup win

An extra 1 point for winning any other cup

All points being added up and put in some sort or competative table

Not sure if there would be much interest in this idea or not though.

Ok, with my sign up drawing to a close probably within the next month ive decided to get this idea ive had for a while under way

Im thinking about making this a challenge or AI experiment. If it becomes a challenge then id have to load up the database for people to download. If this doesnt fit this forum can somebody let me know

LEGENDS OF FM/CM

Basically i will create a club, im thinking outside the big leagues and fill it with legends from previous FM games and as far back as CM if the players are still around.

I will start a thread for the members of this forum to vote for the 20 players that would make up the squad.

Some basic principles are that the player must obviously be included in the 8.0.1 database. They must not have become a big player in real life. Im thinking along the lines of your Mark Kers, Andri Sigporssens of the FM world.

The challenging part to this would be that these players would no longer have the skills to perform at their previous greatness. However some would still posses the odd trick or two.

Basically i have edited the reputations of the clubs in the english premiership so, as the tread tital suggests, they are in reverse.

This means that derby have now got a reputation of 9250 and man utd have a rep of 5750.

I am Running leagues from england, spain, germany, italy, and france

This is the list of new reputations for all premiership clubs:

Derby 9250

Reading 9200

Wigan 8850

Fulham 8800

Birmingham 7350

Sunderland 7150

Portsmouth 7000

Bolton 6850

Middlesbrough 6850

Blackburn 6850

West Ham 6750

Man City 6700

Aston Villa 6700

Everton 6500

Newcastle 6200

Tottenham 6150

Arsenal 6050

Liverpool 6000

Chelsea 5900

Man Utd 5750

Hope People Like My Idea and I hope This Hasnt Been Done Before.

Im Just Holidaying To The End Of The Transfer Market To See The Movement Of Players Due To Such Dramitc Changes In Most Club Reputation.

Well Heres The Thread. Enjoy...

ly

Generally feel people try too hard to come up with the most obscure challenge they can think of.

For me - long term challenges already exist that will probably not be beaten.

Shorter challenges such as the Jan Challenge are the way forward.

Leeds is the obvious opportunity.

However, I think things like holidaying half a season and getting (say Wrexham based upon current league tables out of the mire following the end of a transfer window) would be a credible challenge.

I just dont think that you have to come up with the most complicated challenge possible to make it a good one

The Uni Sign Up (just an idea icon_wink.gif I have no free time to run it though icon_frown.gif)

In England the two largest universities are Oxford and Cambridge. Every year they famously contest the boat race but what if they competed in football too?

Both Oxford United and Cambridge United start in the Blue Square Premier so they can rise through the leagues together and eventually contend for honours against each other. I like two team sign ups, they create good competition, and why not use Oxbridge as a basis.

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to run this they better reserve me a place icon_wink.gificon_cool.gif

As an ex rugby player I knew that "The varsity match" was an annual game of rugby played at Twickers by the 2 first teams of each University.

It's televised every year and is a HUGE deal.

I assumed that there would already be a similar football related fixture and I was proved correct. It was first held in 1873, but was first played at Wembley in 1953 and none other than Bobby Robson managed the Oxford side to a 3-1 success in 1964. The 2007 fixture was the 123rd varsity match due to breaks for war.

This is an excelent idea for a sign-up.

Good shout icon14.gif.

• 2 weeks later...

How about pre selecting three championship clubs (or and division for that matter) and taking them all up a rung of the ladder one by one snsuring you've built enough of a dynasty for them to stay there once you have left.

For example, you could select WBA, Leeds and Wrexham.

Your task would be to (in turn) get WBA into the Prem, Leeds into CCC and Wrexham into Lg2. Should one of the teams be relegated once you've left the club you would have to once again take on their job to get them back up.

The challenge would be completed once all three clubs are in their respective higher divisions.

Ok I have an idea but I don't know whether it should be an AI Experiment or a sign-up game.

It is a managers challenge in which I would be entering new managers into the game unemployed and following their progress.

As an AI Experiment, i would vary the attributes of each manager to see what one actually is most important. For example, one manager would have 20 for motivation and 10 for everything else, and another would have 20 for discipline and 10 for the rest. I would then follow their progress from being unemplyed to see what attribute is most important in being a successful manager on FM.

This would also work as an AI experiment, and i could make a list of 10 attributes and then each player can sign up to one of the attributes. It would be the same experiment only as a sign up which would get more people involved. For example, I would have a list:

Motivation

Determination

Discipline

And only one person could have 20 for it. Once 10 managers signed up then i could start and follow it in the exact same way.

Would it be more successful as an AI Experiment or sign-ip?

Originally posted by matty_8:

Ok I have an idea but I don't know whether it should be an AI Experiment or a sign-up game.

It is a managers challenge in which I would be entering new managers into the game unemployed and following their progress.

As an AI Experiment, i would vary the attributes of each manager to see what one actually is most important. For example, one manager would have 20 for motivation and 10 for everything else, and another would have 20 for discipline and 10 for the rest. I would then follow their progress from being unemplyed to see what attribute is most important in being a successful manager on FM.

This would also work as an AI experiment, and i could make a list of 10 attributes and then each player can sign up to one of the attributes. It would be the same experiment only as a sign up which would get more people involved. For example, I would have a list:

Motivation

Determination

Discipline

And only one person could have 20 for it. Once 10 managers signed up then i could start and follow it in the exact same way.

Run it as a sign up. If you do can I reserve a place?

Originally posted by blowcrapup:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

Motivation

Determination

Discipline

Run it as a sign up. If you do can I reserve a place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, don't see why not. Ill be running it quite soon, once the Save England sign up im running finishes

I've had an idea for a challenge. While I was playing Peter G's unemployment challenge I had a thought bout creating a sign up that makes people move around from club to club.

It would start with everyone picking the same club and then see how far they could get in a number of years. It is similar to Peter G's is this way but his finishes when you get the job of a top club e.g Man Utd/Chelsea etc. but rather than ending there mind would have a points system.

So everyone would start out with the same club in the lowest divison of one of Europes "top" leagues e.g Solihull Motors in the Blue Square North or South but from here their free to do whatever they want.

Points would be awarded for winning leagues, cups etc. but they would also be awarded for jumping leagues by getting a new club e.g. moving from Solihull Motors to Hartlepool would get you 30 points 10 for each league jumped. There would also be points for personnal wages and your manager stats, boususes (sp) for winning titles in your first season back to back seasons etc.

This would all be kept on a spreadsheet as well as being posted in the forum or if someone is capable they could make a website for it.

There would be a limit on the number of years you could do say 20 - 25 and there would be a vote by any starting members to see which club would be used and any other details sch as points.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

I've another one - variation on International management

Simple aim - to win the European Championships and the equivalent tournament from each continent and then win the world cup. You are not however able to win the World Cup with a nation you've used to win a continental competition with

Hi I'm trying to work out the score system for this challenge and I need help ------>

I need to know how the German regional division promotions work. What is the lowest league teams can enter the french cups from. Which level teams enter the Spanish Federation Cup from.

Thanks in advance.

Thinking about the 1 month challenges I'm thinking that maybe one based on a player who has to play in goal for a season and awards are rewarded for highest finish, Most Clean Sheets, Most Games played in goal, highest average rating.

Was thinking some midtable side.

Originally posted by dafuge:

What is people's opinions on the monthly challenges?

So far no-one has actually completed a season with the January Challenge, is that just because I picked a rubbish one or are people not bothered about it?

I like the monthly challenges.

I don't think it was a rubbish one. It was a challenging one though. Can't remember ever getting sacked as fast in any other FM game. icon_smile.gif

I do admit that participation in the monthly challenge is a bit lower than i expected. (Though I don't think it's low enough to call it a total failure and give up on it - it's not that bad.)

Perhaps, to build up a bit of a "regular" crowd of participants, a slightly less obscure team for the next challenge would be a good idea?

Personally I don't mind managing in obscure nations like Peru at all, but a slightly more familiar team/league might appeal to a few more people. Not necessarily an English team, but maybe a French, German or Italian sub-top team who has a UEFA cup ticket, or something.

That would give people different competitions to perform in (league, cup and Europe), and it'll feature teams which most people will at least have heard of, which would be a bit more appealing.

And once they participated once or twice, it'll be a smaller step to also participate when the challenge is to take over FC Obscure. icon_smile.gif

Dafuge - actually, I think the problem is the brevity of the challenge.

People like to see things be built, their own little empires - much as can be seen in yours and Gundo's challenges. One season doesn't offer them that, it's an all or nothing thing and doesn't give them room for manouevre.

Personally the thing I love most is experimenting with new leagues and teams I've never played or ever thought of trying.

dafuge.

I haven't had much time to play recently and I am nearing the end of a first Prtemiership winning season in N.Ireland so when I have had time to play, I've been keen to continue by Gundo challenge save.

I'll probably start the challenge later on tonight and will keep playing until I have completed a season.

I think part of the problem is that both yours and the Gundo challenge have become so popular that people are not keen to put their current games on hold.

It's always going to be a bit of a slow starter and I would say keep with it and I'm sure you will se the popularity rise.

I'm sure that if a few regular posters in the Gundo and dafuge thread take it up and start updating regularly then it will soon take off.

I would say just keep it as is, prepare a new challenge for next month and let nature take it's course icon14.gif.

Ok, sounds like it would be a good idea to keep the monthly challenges going then.

An idea for the choosing of the new challenge each month, perhaps people could e-mail me their ideas each month, then I'll choose one to go with. That way if two or more great ideas come up in the first month they can still be used without everyone knowing what they are.

I was thinking of starting a somewhat different sort of challenge but being a bit of a newb on these forums I thought I'd post the idea here for discussion in the hope that a somewhat more reputable member might follow it up. icon_wink.gif

The plan is to give a challenge that offers as much flexibility as possible while still including some sort of general aim and standard by which to compete. Any pointers/suggestions welcomed.

Who wants to be a millionaire?

The Aim

Accumulate a personal wealth of £25m within 10 seasons. The manager to achieve this within the shortest time-frame will be declared the winner.

The Rules

Load a game with ANY leagues of your choice although it's recommended you include at least one from England/Spain/Italy. You may use an unedited 8.01 database of any size. Load additional players from whatever nations you want. For simplicity I'd suggest you set currency to UK pounds sterling.

Add yourself as a new unemployed manager with past experience set to "Sunday league footballer". You can choose any nationalities.

You have up to 10(?) seasons to accumulate £25m(?) of personal wealth. You can earn cash by the following means:

- The wages your club pay you. (Total career earnings)

- You receive 10% of every transfer fee recieved. (10% of Total value of players sold)

- You earn £500k every time you join a new club.

- You earn £1m for every time you join a new national team.

There are no restrictions on which leagues you manage in or how often you move clubs.

I like that idea icon14.gif

Couple of suggestions though:

Get rid of the 10 year time limit, if it is a case of doing it in the shortest time possible there is no need for a time limit. Also I would be gutted if I reached the 10 year limit without making it.

Get rid of the transfer and new club bonuses, this will just encourage people to regularly move clubs and sell all their players. I think the manager earnings alone will be interesting enough, with big manager contracts being the only incentive to move.

Thanks for the feedback icon14.gif

You're right, the time limit isn't neccessary and could be annoying.

Same goes for the bonus for switching clubs, I just threw that in to try and make things more interesting. Like you say though there's really no need and it would encourage an unrealistic amount of club hopping.

I'd quite like to keep some sort of bonus for selling players though. After all it's not entirely unrealistic what with all the rumours of corruption and transfer bungs these days.

Also I figured that people would have to strike a balance between selling off players to increase their earnings and hanging onto their players to build a succesful team, which in turn would raise their personal reputation and lead to more lucrative contract offers in the future icon_smile.gif

Perhaps it should be alot lower though, maybe 3% of transfer fees received. i.e If you raised £100m in a season by selling players (and few clubs would be able to get anywhere close to this figure) then you'd still only gain £3m personal wealth.

Also thinking £25m might be a bit high, seems like alot considering the most you can really earn is ~£2.6m per season through wages.

Hi.

I am considering starting a sign-up this weekend and I'm playing around with a few ideas. The main theme I'm leaning towards is a having two teams battling it out to see who can achieve the most success, but as a measure of that success I need some help.

I basically need a list of the awards available in certain leagues, particularly:

England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Scotland, Netherlands, Portugal, Norway, Greece, Croatia, Belgium, Malta.

Also any suggestions about how to rank the leagues in terms of quality would be appreciated. Mainly because I think being top scorer in Spain is probably more impressive than being top scorer in Croatia.

Individual awards like World Player of the Year would be helpful too.

Thanks.

Challenge Idea - Hong Kong Double

Before I start, having looked into this in game, I cannot seem to find any competitive fixtures for Hong Kong - would this be thae case every time, or do i have to run certain leagues to 'set off' national competitions?

Basically, I had a look around and noticed the lack of Asian challenges. I had a look in game, and based on a couple of the successful challenges already running, devised an initial idea for a new task - quite simply to start at "Workable", the lowest predicted club side in Hong Kong's First Division, with only basic training and minimal youth facilities, and lead them to glory domestically, trying to win the First Division. Unfortunately, Hong Kong doesn't qualify as a 'mature' nation in Asia, and hence cannot qualify for a place in the Champions League, however, if this state changes with reputation in the game (Would need some help/info on that) this could be another aim).

Also, the second aim is to then manage to get the Hong Kong (China PR)national job (Through either application or being 'headhunted') and lead them to a World Cup and get as far as possible, trying to win it (Hong Kong have never qualified for the World Cup before. In doing this, you can then aim to gat the nation to their highest national rating - above 96th. Then, as yet another challenge on the national scale, win the Asian championships (previous best is 3rd).

Would there be much interest for this difficult challenge?

Has anyone got any suggestions to further enhance the idea?

Can anyone possibly shed any light on if Hong Kong teams may be able to qualify for the Asian Champions League in future, if reputation rises enough/is this something which is likely to happen?

Having played a little further on, I can at least answer one of my questions regarding competitions for Hong Kong - the Asian World Cup Qualification draw takes place on the 6.8.2007 for the 2010 World Cup - so this is definately a challenge to look into! Any comments/suggestons and interest would be welcome.

workable would take a task to survive then to win,takes while,yup champions league changes with reputation(though i think its country reputation) won the AFC cup twice and was not in there anymore...HK in my game are in the asian championships but never won...

HK to world cup ,max in second round and they are out...

Originally posted by coldkohmew:

workable would take a task to survive then to win,takes while,yup champions league changes with reputation(though i think its country reputation) won the AFC cup twice and was not in there anymore...HK in my game are in the asian championships but never won...

HK to world cup ,max in second round and they are out...

Thanks for the help and info mate icon14.gif