Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New idea:

A succession game. Read a lot of these on the civfanatics forum for civ4 and am thinking whether it would be a viable idea for FM as well.

Basically I am thinking of having 4-6 players playing one career in unison. Each player would play 1-3 months at a time and then hand the save over to the next player. It is very similar to the monkies/southies game but this would differ in two ways: Shorter playing time, meaning it could at times be less than a week between your turns and more group involvement. All transfers and the like must be put to the group for decicion.

Anyone have comments on this?

Guest roberto922

Considering the fact that it's only a couple of months at a time I think it could work quite well without asking each other about different things, maybe just advise users to keep everyone updated on their progress but I certainly don't think they should need to get permission from everyone else.

Didn't actually mean you'd need group approval for everything. Darned work forcing me to rush through writing and not thinking clearly :D

Say the game would be in country X, we would be managing team Y (we all have in the past, logical starting point). The save is posted and the group would have a discussion on what formation is thought to be best at the time. This would include preferred starting line-up and players for the future from the reserve/youth squads. This should give 11-15 names in the first team which players want to keep. A bid for them would have to be agreed by the group (majority) while others are fair play to sell.

It could also be done ahead of time, agreeing a reasonable price for the first team players.

I think a game like this could really benefit those who are playing as it ought to expand our knowledge of the game and get us new ideas. At least I learned a whole lot about civ4 through reading such games as the players were offering their view on what was happening and discussing what ways would be best.

Of course discretion is given to the player in charge at the time as long as it's not clearly against the will of the others in the group. Even then we have a save from a few months back and the offender can be kicked out :D (almost joking..)

Guest roberto922

Robert - I'm taking a long break from the forums to focus on my exams, revision etc. so feel free to hand my place to someone else, sorry if it inconveniences you.

Got an idea for a sign up.

I will use the editor to edit the 60 teams from the top divisions in England, Spain and Italy so they all match in every single way (except their names).

60 people will sign up as a manager of one of the 60 clubs, you choose your stats and then get put in to the editor.

If you get sacked or leave your club then you are out of the competiton (although leaving the club may not happen as all the clubs will have high reputation and your loyalty will be set to 20). The winner is the person who stays the longest at their club.

Updates will include League Tables, Manager Profiles and Manager History Screenshots as well as End of Season Reports.

What would happen if ......

(if someone is willing to try this, it would be fbbbbbbbb )

What would happen, if we set every single tat and attribute for every team in a division at the same.

For example, in the Prem, we give all 20 clubs the same rep, stadium, players (all created, all exactly the same) etc etc etc ...

Along side this, we make all manager stats in the game exactly the same, and create only 1 tactic for the AI to use.

How would the games pan out, and what would determine which team scores, wins etc etc.

I'd really like to know :D

What would happen if ......

(if someone is willing to try this, it would be fbbbbbbbb )

What would happen, if we set every single tat and attribute for every team in a division at the same.

For example, in the Prem, we give all 20 clubs the same rep, stadium, players (all created, all exactly the same) etc etc etc ...

Along side this, we make all manager stats in the game exactly the same, and create only 1 tactic for the AI to use.

How would the games pan out, and what would determine which team scores, wins etc etc.

I'd really like to know :D

I was always wondering what would happen if we were all created the same. :p

If life was so predictable. :D

It would be a nice experiment, if someone is willing to try this. :D

You'd would think that. But I very much doubt it would be. I Don't know why. The only thing that would be a variable, (well, 3 things) - is

1) - New signings. However, this can be countered by making EVERY player in the game the same (Which would take ages.)

2) - IGM. If a manager changes the tactical sliders in the game, it could literally have mammoth effects. However, a thread in the TT&T forum suggests that AI managers create tactics on their tactical attributes. E.G - Attacking from a manager is 18 - then he sets his "Attacking" slider at notch 18. So if all managers are created equal, then they should all play the EXACT same tactic.

3) - Regens. Obviously regens wont all be born the same. However, this will only cause an issue after the first season.

You'd would think that. But I very much doubt it would be. I Don't know why. The only thing that would be a variable, (well, 3 things) - is

1) - New signings. However, this can be countered by making EVERY player in the game the same (Which would take ages.)

2) - IGM. If a manager changes the tactical sliders in the game, it could literally have mammoth effects. However, a thread in the TT&T forum suggests that AI managers create tactics on their tactical attributes. E.G - Attacking from a manager is 18 - then he sets his "Attacking" slider at notch 18. So if all managers are created equal, then they should all play the EXACT same tactic.

3) - Regens. Obviously regens wont all be born the same. However, this will only cause an issue after the first season.

Sounds like a great idea but I think there are more variables to consider which would affect the games:

• player injuries/suspensions - even with all player attributes the same, an injury crisis could force players to be played out of position.
  • fixture congestion - some clubs would still be in Europe, have cup replays etc
  • personalities (unless this was all set to the same of course) - the personailty of each player and manager would effect their attitude to each match/reaction to team talks etc
  • dodgy refereeing decisions! ;)

AI Experiment Idea

Hi all

I was wondering today, what would happen if you set yourself as manager of a team and then holidayed all season, and didn't make any transfers. Would the youth be good enough? After how long would it take me to get sacked? And after the players who were there before had all left, where would the club be? Would it be able to upgrade its youth facilitites enough with the money it had from when the team were signing players.

Also, I would try this theory with teams from different places around the world e.g. in England the 'best' team in every league and the 'worst' team in every league.

Please give feedbacl

I think it is a great idea Nep but i think a lot would depend on whether or not the matches were set to full detail as it could be interesting to the results with it not on full as the results are usually set on reputation more than anything iirc

Ultimately it is a great idea and could be interesting to see the results

AI Experiment Idea

Hi all

I was wondering today, what would happen if you set yourself as manager of a team and then holidayed all season, and didn't make any transfers. Would the youth be good enough? After how long would it take me to get sacked? And after the players who were there before had all left, where would the club be? Would it be able to upgrade its youth facilitites enough with the money it had from when the team were signing players.

Also, I would try this theory with teams from different places around the world e.g. in England the 'best' team in every league and the 'worst' team in every league.

Please give feedbacl

Anyone got any feedback?

a space sparated document. So for example part of the list is:

Lionel Messi              £30M
Cristiano Ronaldo         £27M
Steven Gerrard            £25M
Francesc Fábregas         £25M

I think I'll just do it manually now for the midfielders but any advice for when I have to do the strikers would be appreciated :)

I have no idea if anyone has mentioned this before but 21 pages would be a lot to read through :p

Am still (very) tempted to try and make my own challenge merging Dafuge's challenge with the San Marino double challenge. Basically it would be taking a Blue Square South team and moving their stadium to a different country (San Marino re-named), thus making their youths from this country. The challenge would be making the team from the BSS to the Premiership whilst improving the countries rank from 203rd to winning the World Cup through nurturing of youths and improving youth facilities via promotions.

Also thinking of deleting, or changing nationality of all (or at least most) of the real San Marino players so that the only people you have to pick from are the youths you produce.

Anyway, that's what is stopping me from playing a career game this evening, any opinions or thought?