Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right guys I have what I think is going to be a good AI experiment/observation. its going to be called Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

Basically we have the 7 dwarfs - 7 players with vastly different personalities, Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful and Grumpy. They will all be 16 years old and have a CA of 100 and PA of 200.

I am thinking of having their reputations v.low. They will start on free transfers and all be each others favoured personnel.

There will also be Snow White, our female manager also starting unemployed. She will have a CA - 100 and PA - 200 like the dwarfs but start with a much higher reputation ~150. The dwarfs will all be her favoured personnel.

Now as yet I haven't found a way to get the Queen into the experiment, if anyone has an idea let me know as it might be fun adding her in and despising the dwarfs and snow white.

The overall idea of the experiment is to see how the dwarfs get on in their career. To see if they'll make it to the top, go into management, and play for Snow White.

Again this is in its early stages, I'm still doing the database, but I'd appreciate any feedback/ideas before I get going fully :thup:.

With Sleepy you can make his natural fitness at like under 5 or sumthing

Dopey, probably low ambition and intelligence, or no creativity, or error prone

Doc, you can have good fitness, and good stamina, no injuries

Happy, obviously good temperament, and personality,

Bashful, you can have low temperament, and low sportsmanship

Grumpy would be low professionalism, and high agression

Hope that suggestion helps :)

I was thinking to myself the other day that there isn't enough manager sign-ups, and by this I mean where a manager is put into the game in an unedited database. Would there be an interest in this?

Guys a lot of the dwarfs don't get picked up on frees and are retiring. I need a way to change this otherwise the experiment can't get underway!

Any ideas appreciated :thup:

I'm thinking either reputation increase of the players or starting everyone at a club. If I take that option who should it be?

I'm also thinking possibly putting one dwarf at a different club in the Blue Square Prem. Plus having the Queen and Snow White at different BSP clubs. Thoughts?

Ok I'm putting The Queen at Salisbury and Snow White at Eastbourne (the 2 lowest rep clubs in BSP)

The 7 dwarfs are going to Lewes, Altrincham, Barrow, Kettering, Histon, Weymouth, Grays. Everyone head to the OP of the thread for details of where they all have gone. Then away we go for real this time!

Guest mikeytwigge

Ive been thinking of an idea for an AI experiment for a while now and since 9.3 has been released i think i should do it now. The idea is to use the malaysian league because it dosent allow foreigners and to have a league of all the national teams

Guest mikeytwigge

didnt realise their was one their. I will probably make my own database though as that won't be done on 9.3 and i want as realistic player stats as possible

Would people be interested in a international challenge where you could only choose players playing in the actual country? For example if you choose Brazil, you would only be able to call up players playing in Brazil, meaning no Kaka, Pato, Julio Cesar, etc. In my opinion it would be interesting since people would learn about lesser known players who are actually pretty good. And I'd probably also have it so you could choose any team, but of course South American teams would be more interesting since a lot of players move abroad.

An Idea:::

How The Mighty Has Fallen

Huddersfield Town Athletic Football Club, with most of their success coming in the 1920's have been a

regular League 1 team for a couple of seasons now and with new manager Lee Clark wanting the team

to become a premiership side, Lee knew he had to get quality players but were could he find these

players from??

The Answer

Jimmy Riddle, an amazing tycoon from England realised this and being a massive fan of HTAFC decided

to buy HTAFC. He upgraded the Youth Facilities only as he realised the future of the club is kids (aged

18). But these kids weren't all from the same country making it difficult for them to communicate with

each other. The Youth Academy brought in 16 kids in varying positions but each kid could only play in 1

position.

Countries:

Argentina

Brazil

Germany

France

Spain

Portugal

Australia

Italy

Greece

Russia

Ukraine

U.S.A

Canada

Poland

Cameroon

Serbia

The Form

Name:

Position:

City:

7 Attributes for 20:

3 PPM's:

which foot (only 1, cant be both):

1 Favoured Club:

Good idea Jimmy

I have the idea that say 20 people would create a team themself with the rep of 3000 and start in bsp and the first one to get to EPL would win it's a challenge/sign up. What would be a good transfer budget to set for the teams?

Ridleys does something very similar to this last year which I took over a ran till 2020 and only 1 team had reached League 1 and most were still stuck in the BSS and BSN or had been relegated to non-playable leagues, so be aware that it can take a long time for clubs to get to premier league level

I have an interesting idea for a challenge where your goal is to sign all the players that you find by typing in the search box: faceinthegame, and then attempt to win the Champions League with those players. :D

Just an idea that popped in my head. :D

Might well get some SI employees following it, seeing how they get on :D

This challenge would encourage some participation for the SI employees in CSE. :D

If someone actually likes the idea, I suppose you can set up the specifics yourself. I'm already pleased to have created 2 challenges. ;)

it could be really hard because most of them don't exactly turn out amazing

That's what makes it a challenge. ;)

Some players are actually at big clubs, and I nearly signed one of them in my Real Oviedo save without knowing it! :D

There have been a huge number of sign-ups started recently.

I think that it would be very hard, as they all have random PA's don't they?

You don't need to sign all of them...when I type 'faceinthegame', I actually found some players at top flight clubs, so some of them can play a key role in your success...

Yes, I know that you don't have to sign all of them :D

I think that it would be down to luck if you got any good ones.

Still that's what makes a good challenge, being difficult.

My experiment

I am going to start an experiment, much like one person did last year.

I can't find their thread which would help :(

You start with a team in the BSN/BSS.

And, I can't spend any money and I see how far good training and youth facilities can get you.

BTW, I will holiday the seasons.