Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of bringing back 'Top2Bottom' but sticking with it this time.

Would people be interested?

Basically, T2B would involve you creating a team and then following them as I post their progress. Simple but fun.

yea would be interested but what about cse united will you still be doing that??

Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum, and I think this falls under "experiments" but I apologize if it does not.

Anyway, rather than the usual "give a sugar daddy to a small team and build them up", I am interested in playing a big team on the verge of financial disaster. This started as me mulling a Man City save but being turned off by the ability to just buy a super-team right away. At first, I considered just limiting my transfer spending, but since player wage demands are relative to a team's wealth, you are still somewhat forced to "play rich" as it were.

So then I thought maybe it would be better to mod the game to represent a situation where Sheikh Mansour gets bored of playing real life Football Manager and pulls out of the club.

My question, then, is what are some good ideas how to reflect this and to make it a playable save where you're not hit by FA administration and sacked within a few weeks of starting the club.

So far, this is what I've come up with:

Get rid of sugar daddy, reduce transfer budget significantly.

Release the most expensive players (Tevez, Silva, etc.) as free transfers who hate the club and add maybe 75% of their remaining wages-to-be-paid to the team debt.

Reduce wages but add a proportion of the lost player compensation to the team debt as if they had been given the option of leaving the club or being given a partial contract buyout in exchange for long-term lower wages.

Reduce team morale to poor or very poor.

Any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Late on a saturday. Bear with me :)

I have two suggestions, I don’t know if it has been mentioned before:

1. Getting even with Milan

Milan is the only city with two European cup/Champions league winning teams. The task is to get as many cities as possible with one team to manage the same.

You start with teams in the cities with one EC/CL winner.

City Teams available. (Highest division first)

Madrid: Atletco Madrid, Getafe, Rayo Vallecano

Lisbon: Sporting Lisbon, Belenenses

Glasgow: Rangers, Parthick Thistle, Queens Park

Manchester: Manchester City, FC United

Rotterdam: Sparta Rotterdam

(Amsterdam: Don’t think there are any)

Munich: 1860 Munchen, Unterhaching

Liverpool Everton, Tranmere

Nottingham: Notts County

Birmingham: Birmingham, WBA

Hamburg: St Pauli

Turin: Torino

Bucharest: Dinamo, Rapid, Sportul

Porto: Boavista

Eindhoven: FC Eindhoven

Belgrade: Partizan

Barcelona: Espanyol

(Marseille: Don’t know of any)

Dortmund: Eintracht Dortmund

So the task is to start in any of one of these clubs, and from there guide as many clubs to the CL trophy as possible. I think the task would be easiest if you start in Manchester, but you can choose yourself. The goal is to win as many you can with one manager in one career. If some of these clubs should win it without you manage them, they’re out of the ruling.

2. Dominant London

No team from London has won the champions league. The aim is to win the trophy with as many London based clubs as possible.

Here is a list of professional clubs in London, ranked after league placing in 2010/2011

Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham, West Ham, QPR, Millwall, Watford, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, Brentford, Charlton, Dagenham & Redbridge, Barnet, AFC Wimbledon

There are probably many more, but this is a selection.

Target is to make London the giant city of football. Win the CL with as many clubs you can.

I recommend starting with Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham. The clue is if there are clubs winning it from London which you are not in charge of, then you can’t count them in.

Or you can do the challenge harder by stating that when a London club you don’t manage wins it, your quest is over.

An example is: Take over Chelsea, win CL, get the Arsenal job, win CL, etc, if other clubs look in danger of winning it, keep winning CL with your club to prevent them, until you are ready to switch jobs. If some of your former clubs wins it, and you have won it before, it's ok.

Hope that these suggestions could sound fun. And maybe some of you will develop them or try it out.

Cheers

Late on a saturday. Bear with me :)

I have two suggestions, I don’t know if it has been mentioned before:

1. Getting even with Milan

Milan is the only city with two European cup/Champions league winning teams. The task is to get as many cities as possible with one team to manage the same.

You start with teams in the cities with one EC/CL winner.

City Teams available. (Highest division first)

Madrid: Atletco Madrid, Getafe, Rayo Vallecano

Lisbon: Sporting Lisbon, Belenenses

Glasgow: Rangers, Parthick Thistle, Queens Park

Manchester: Manchester City, FC United

Rotterdam: Sparta Rotterdam

(Amsterdam: Don’t think there are any)

Munich: 1860 Munchen, Unterhaching

Liverpool Everton, Tranmere

Nottingham: Notts County

Birmingham: Birmingham, WBA

Hamburg: St Pauli

Turin: Torino

Bucharest: Dinamo, Rapid, Sportul

Porto: Boavista

Eindhoven: FC Eindhoven

Belgrade: Partizan

Barcelona: Espanyol

(Marseille: Don’t know of any)

Dortmund: Eintracht Dortmund

So the task is to start in any of one of these clubs, and from there guide as many clubs to the CL trophy as possible. I think the task would be easiest if you start in Manchester, but you can choose yourself. The goal is to win as many you can with one manager in one career. If some of these clubs should win it without you manage them, they’re out of the ruling.

2. Dominant London

No team from London has won the champions league. The aim is to win the trophy with as many London based clubs as possible.

Here is a list of professional clubs in London, ranked after league placing in 2010/2011

Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham, West Ham, QPR, Millwall, Watford, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, Brentford, Charlton, Dagenham & Redbridge, Barnet, AFC Wimbledon

There are probably many more, but this is a selection.

Target is to make London the giant city of football. Win the CL with as many clubs you can.

I recommend starting with Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham. The clue is if there are clubs winning it from London which you are not in charge of, then you can’t count them in.

Or you can do the challenge harder by stating that when a London club you don’t manage wins it, your quest is over.

An example is: Take over Chelsea, win CL, get the Arsenal job, win CL, etc, if other clubs look in danger of winning it, keep winning CL with your club to prevent them, until you are ready to switch jobs. If some of your former clubs wins it, and you have won it before, it's ok.

Hope that these suggestions could sound fun. And maybe some of you will develop them or try it out.

Cheers

This sounds quite interesting, i think this would be quite popular if you was to develop it and maybe get rid of one of them and develop one, or come up with some more and make a few challenges like LLR's Vida Curta challenges

This sounds quite interesting, i think this would be quite popular if you was to develop it and maybe get rid of one of them and develop one, or come up with some more and make a few challenges like LLR's Vida Curta challenges

Thanks. I was actually thinking about them as two separate challenges. I am happy to hear ideas that can make these suggestions even better.

I'll keep working on them. Thanks for the encouragement.

Yeah, i think there both really interesting... If i was to choose one i'd go for the Milan one as there is a wider variety of clubs and the London one would be alot easier if you go for clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, QPR. because they already have money and it would just take a few new players for Arsenal and Chelsea to win the Champions League

Interesting idea there Taunton, one suggestion i would give would be to list clubs in catagories of difficulty, as Aidano said Chelsea and Arsenal easy club they are already in the Champs League also clubs like Man City can be done in 2 seasons(only one if you do it with FM12) due to the amounts of cash, more difficult teams would be the likes of FC United

Yeah, i think there both really interesting... If i was to choose one i'd go for the Milan one as there is a wider variety of clubs and the London one would be alot easier if you go for clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, QPR. because they already have money and it would just take a few new players for Arsenal and Chelsea to win the Champions League

I see what you mean, and thanks for saying which one you found more interesting.

What I was thinking was to try to win it with as many different clubs in London during your career. Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham would be easy, but then it will be more difficult because you have to start doing it with clubs further down the system. So to win it with, say, ten London clubs in one single career could take some time:)

Interesting idea there Taunton, one suggestion i would give would be to list clubs in catagories of difficulty, as Aidano said Chelsea and Arsenal easy club they are already in the Champs League also clubs like Man City can be done in 2 seasons(only one if you do it with FM12) due to the amounts of cash, more difficult teams would be the likes of FC United

Absolutely agree. The thing here is that you could choose a hard or an easier path. If you start with City, then you can go to Everton or Espanyol or Atletico Madrid. I was thinking that you have to do as many you can as one manager, and that includes getting hired by some of the clubs as well and also wait for available jobs.

Thanks again for the input guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I am not sure where the best place to post this is but:

Has anyone done a game with Dinamo St Petersburg in the Russian 2nd Division? They start off with just a youth team squad, 50k to spend and a 12k wage budget and even the team that is predicted 19th is odds on favourites to beat you! I think this could be the most difficult challenge in the game, I have bought in 25 players and only a couple are on par with players from the other squads.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this and had success! If not I propose someone makes a challege! To avoid relegation. I think it could be impossible, but maybe I am just rubbish:)

If this has been attempted before I would love someone to point me in the right direction.

Hey I am not sure where the best place to post this is but:

Has anyone done a game with Dinamo St Petersburg in the Russian 2nd Division? They start off with just a youth team squad, 50k to spend and a 12k wage budget and even the team that is predicted 19th is odds on favourites to beat you! I think this could be the most difficult challenge in the game, I have bought in 25 players and only a couple are on par with players from the other squads.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this and had success! If not I propose someone makes a challege! To avoid relegation. I think it could be impossible, but maybe I am just rubbish:)

If this has been attempted before I would love someone to point me in the right direction.

Aren't Kildare in Ireland supposed to be the biggest challenge?

Ah maybe, I have never in my life seen as big a gulf in class between all the other teams in the league! I am amazed how they have even got into this league in the first place! Plus 5 teams get relegated from the Russian 2nd division. I will have to try Kildare next after my season of absolute failure!

Ah maybe, I have never in my life seen as big a gulf in class between all the other teams in the league! I am amazed how they have even got into this league in the first place! Plus 5 teams get relegated from the Russian 2nd division. I will have to try Kildare next after my season of absolute failure!

Nice. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

New game (FM12): new challenge ideas.

The new feature where leagues can be added or removed opens up so much.

I remember back in the days when there was a monthly challenge - it worked well at first but then fell by the wayside. Some of the problems with this is that not many in the main forum head in here - can you not cross promote using just the one thread with a heading of all the challenges going into it? When a new one had 100 posts then it could be added into the cross promotion thread?

Anyway, the reason i came in here and found this thread was to post about a 6-Nations challenge.

Load up Italy, England, France, Wales, Scotland and Ireland (Rep)

Aim would be to win the league in each with no more than three of the leagues open at any one time.

Start unemployed with only Wales and Ireland loaded and then able to add one more league at the end of the season that you first win a league.

Overall, it would be great for this forum if each challenge had a points tally added and a league table created (stickied) of all the points gained by any challenge. Points for ALL challenges would be based on difficulty and EDITED into the OP of each challenge by a Moderator

What about a challenge where you have to cross a continent country by country, moving only between countries that share a border, winning the championship in each one? The challenge could be to cross the continent from the furthest apart countries on that continent (continent defined by FIFA). So in Europe, to get from Iceland to Kazhakstan, or in Africa to get from South Africa to Morocco, winning every league in your path.

You could even expand this to do a 'round the world in 80ish championships' starting out in London like Phileas Fogg and trying to circumnavigate the globe in less than 80 seasons. Or a 'westward ho' spread-of-western-civ game that would take you from Greece through Rome to the USA and beyond...

The new ability to add and delete countries' playable leagues as you go along would make this much less processor-intensive than it would have been in the past. I'm pretty tempted to play my career game on FM 12 this way, starting in Kazakhstan with Aktobe. Anyone with me? The Challenge leaderboard could be for the people who've accumulated the highest Hall of Fame ranking along the way, or who've gone through the most countries in the shortest time...

What about a challenge where you have to cross a continent country by country, moving only between countries that share a border, winning the championship in each one? The challenge could be to cross the continent from the furthest apart countries on that continent (continent defined by FIFA). So in Europe, to get from Iceland to Kazhakstan, or in Africa to get from South Africa to Morocco, winning every league in your path.

You could even expand this to do a 'round the world in 80ish championships' starting out in London like Phileas Fogg and trying to circumnavigate the globe in less than 80 seasons. Or a 'westward ho' spread-of-western-civ game that would take you from Greece through Rome to the USA and beyond...

The new ability to add and delete countries' playable leagues as you go along would make this much less processor-intensive than it would have been in the past. I'm pretty tempted to play my career game on FM 12 this way, starting in Kazakhstan with Aktobe. Anyone with me? The Challenge leaderboard could be for the people who've accumulated the highest Hall of Fame ranking along the way, or who've gone through the most countries in the shortest time...

That's a brilliant idea.

I would love to try this challenge, starting in Iceland, are you able to add edited leagues mid-game aswell to make this challenge more....challenging?

I would love to try this challenge, starting in Iceland, are you able to add edited leagues mid-game aswell to make this challenge more....challenging?

I believe you have to have the .xml (or .dbc) files for those leagues activated when you first setup the game in order for them to be available to add/remove.

Last year I ran this challenge for a little while, what does everyone think about a similar type of thread for FM12? I was thinking I could compile a few challenges, and then anyone else could give me suggestions, or could send me save games with possible challenges in them? I would think no longer than a single season, though half seasons would be slightly more preferable. Thoughts?

Ideas

• Save from Relegation
  • Surprise Promotion fight
  • Get through group stage of Champs League/Europa
  • Win a Cup
  • World Cup
  • European Championships

Just a few simple ideas, anything else that may come up as well.

I like this idea because as well as keeping people fresh in their long term games, it gives people the chance to experience some leagues that they might not normally.

Last year I ran this challenge for a little while, what does everyone think about a similar type of thread for FM12? I was thinking I could compile a few challenges, and then anyone else could give me suggestions, or could send me save games with possible challenges in them? I would think no longer than a single season, though half seasons would be slightly more preferable. Thoughts?

Ideas

• Save from Relegation
  • Win a Cup
  • World Cup
  • European Championships

I like this idea because as well as keeping people fresh in their long term games, it gives people the chance to experience some leagues that they might not normally.

I enjoyed doing these last year LLR, i'd take part in them again

Ideas

• Save from Relegation
  • Win a Cup
  • World Cup
  • European Championships

CSE could definitely do with some short-term challenges available, and it looked like last year's went down pretty well.

Here's a crazy challenge idea I came up with. Pick a year, say 2000, and attempt to win as much as possible using a squad entirely made up of players born that year. You keep going for as long as possible, so your squad average age rises by 1 every year. You are free to buy and sell players during the challenge if you wish, but your squad must always be made up of players born in the same year.

It would present varied challenges as time went on. During the early years, you would have the challenge of finding teenagers ready for first team action, and possibly coping with large numbers of your squad disappearing for U19 international duty. You'd also need a board who were willing to be patient with a lack of immediate results from a team full of 15/16 year olds (depending on how early you start). Once your average age is over 24, you will have to contend with a limited squad size, growing wage bill, and players who don't want to be backups. Finally, can you keep winning things as your squad average age reaches 35 and above?

Not sure if it has been done before, but I'd be interested to read about the progress of anyone who wants to give it a go.

Now onto something as simple as it gets. Didn't there used to be some sort of challenge about managing clubs only with national-based players? I've looked through all the challenges in the last 2 pages and can't find it.

If not, then I can see it becoming a popular challenge. Dafuge/Gundo style, take a previously unplayable club from the lower tier to the Champions League trophy - but only buying players from the nationality of your club. Sort of a midway difficulty level between Dafuge/Gundo and the super-hardcore Give Youth A Chance.

And I'd make so that you can start with any nation from Europe, so you'd be able to do this and the Dafuge/Gundo/Euro Big Club at the same time. Evidently then it may a little tougher to do it in Finland than in Spain... but flexibility is good.

Now onto something as simple as it gets. Didn't there used to be some sort of challenge about managing clubs only with national-based players? I've looked through all the challenges in the last 2 pages and can't find it.

If not, then I can see it becoming a popular challenge. Dafuge/Gundo style, take a previously unplayable club from the lower tier to the Champions League trophy - but only buying players from the nationality of your club. Sort of a midway difficulty level between Dafuge/Gundo and the super-hardcore Give Youth A Chance.

And I'd make so that you can start with any nation from Europe, so you'd be able to do this and the Dafuge/Gundo/Euro Big Club at the same time. Evidently then it may a little tougher to do it in Finland than in Spain... but flexibility is good.

I vaguely remember there being something like this from a couple of years ago. Sounds good, although I don't see any reason why it has to be contained to just Europe - what about letting Razer's and Rancer's participants get in on it too (and maybe extent id to winning the CWC instead of the Champions League)?

I vaguely remember there being something like this from a couple of years ago. Sounds good, although I don't see any reason why it has to be contained to just Europe - what about letting Razer's and Rancer's participants get in on it too (and maybe extent id to winning the CWC instead of the Champions League)?

Well that makes sense too, why not.

I'd open the thread myself but haven't got FM12 yet so don't have any info that may be necessary about the game.

I'd also do the honours, except I don't think I'd be taking part in it (yet) so it wouldn't be all that effective.

If it's not been opened by the time I get bored of, fail or complete the gundo's attempt I'm doing now, I may give it a go.

Lot of challenges and sign ups in here but dont see much of the experiment side of things. Thought of one that could be quite interesting:

What if you changed the top 10 European leagues so the top flight are moved to lowest division, 2nd division moved to 2nd lowest, etc. For clarity if you took the English set up, Premier league and Championship would be split into BSS and BSN. League 1 clubs would be moved to BSP and league 2 stays as it is. Repeat this for top 10 co-effecient leagues as shown at start of the game and see how the European game progresses. Will the once minnows show enough ambition to sign better players and attempt European glory? Will the bigger teams all go into administration and never get back to top flight? How long before normality is resumed and the "top 4" are ruling Premier league again.

Can think of loads of things that could be monitered in that kind of experiment (how transfers are affected, will clubs adhere to their reputation or their current league and financial standings, how the national game progresses, etc) and would probably take all kind of turns depending on how far it progresses. The reason I was thinking top 10 countries (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Russian, Ukraine, Turkey and Portugal) is they are traditionally the leagues where the money is. If everyone is relegated it wouldn't be a case of one league buying up all the best players and dominating.

Any ideas, what do you think?

Lot of challenges and sign ups in here but dont see much of the experiment side of things. Thought of one that could be quite interesting:

What if you changed the top 10 European leagues so the top flight are moved to lowest division, 2nd division moved to 2nd lowest, etc. For clarity if you took the English set up, Premier league and Championship would be split into BSS and BSN. League 1 clubs would be moved to BSP and league 2 stays as it is. Repeat this for top 10 co-effecient leagues as shown at start of the game and see how the European game progresses. Will the once minnows show enough ambition to sign better players and attempt European glory? Will the bigger teams all go into administration and never get back to top flight? How long before normality is resumed and the "top 4" are ruling Premier league again.

Can think of loads of things that could be monitered in that kind of experiment (how transfers are affected, will clubs adhere to their reputation or their current league and financial standings, how the national game progresses, etc) and would probably take all kind of turns depending on how far it progresses. The reason I was thinking top 10 countries (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Russian, Ukraine, Turkey and Portugal) is they are traditionally the leagues where the money is. If everyone is relegated it wouldn't be a case of one league buying up all the best players and dominating.

Any ideas, what do you think?

Not a bad idea, but i'd maybe replace Ukraine with Scotland, i think it would be interesting to see how Celtic and Rangers do, rather than Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar, but then thats just my opinion.

I was thinking of doing the following sign-up:

Send in the clones or My Dream Team Can Beat Up Your Dream Team

Basically create a custom league with 20-24 teams and set them up with a championship cup.

Players (that means you guys) take your pick of any players anywhere in the world to fill out your own dream team of a starting 11 with 8 reserves and any two coaches to take over as manager and ass. man.

I'll take the 2012 DB and duplicate the players and staff and stuff them into your own dream team and then we run the season and see who comes out on top.

Questions/restrictions:

1. Should the players/managers be edited to have a common language to speak?
  2. Should I fill out the remaining coach positions with generic 4/4.5 star coaches and a 20 physio or let people choose a full coaching staff also?
  3. Limited budget per team or sky is the limit? It would be fun to have no restrictions but having a limited budget will increase the team diversity.
  4. Maximum price cap per player?

I have an idea for a sign-up and it starts in the Blue Square North or Blue Square South, or both. The idea is you’d build a squad of 22 players with £10m to spend. Now this is alot for a BSN/BSS side and you have a few ways of going about it. You can either spend all of the £10m(this is for wages and transfers) on bringing in some top quality players and hoping that you get promoted quickly to claim that money back. You could save as much of the money as possible and try and build a squad of free agents and try and get promoted and do well that way. The players value will be used from the game that I start up from the beginning. If different users want the same player then there will be an auction through PM. You will also get to choose your manager and the backroom staff through a bidding process(by PMs). You will also be able to choose your team name and what sort of facilities you want to start off with. This again will cost money(not sure yet) and then we are good to go. Each squad will hopefully have 25 members by the end of the start up and the rest of the players will be created by me as youngsters who are quite good. These will cost nothing except it’ll be done on daft basis through numbers. So if I get 20 people to sign up there will be 60 youth players created. The numbers would be 1-60 and it would drafted through alphabetical team name order and then once we get to the end of the first pick we start from the bottom and work our way back up until the draft is complete. If you don’t want to, you don’t have to draft players, you can just keep your squad of 22 and the players who don’t get drafted will be free agents. This seems the fairest way to do it unless someone else has a fairer way? The positions of the created youth players will not be given either so it’ll be pot luck on who you get. There will be table kept for points which will be given for winning trophies, saving money and anything else anyone can think of. There will also be deductions if you go into admin or anything that can be considered bad.

Once everything is inputted in to the database, you’ll have to hope your decisions can help you get promoted. I’ll update on the progress of the teams and whether any dramatic will happen.

What are your thoughts on this? I know things of a similar nature have been attempted before but from what I’ve seen none have been attempted for a few years.

I have an idea for a sign-up and it starts in the Blue Square North or Blue Square South, or both. The idea is you’d build a squad of 22 players with £10m to spend. Now this is alot for a BSN/BSS side and you have a few ways of going about it. You can either spend all of the £10m(this is for wages and transfers) on bringing in some top quality players and hoping that you get promoted quickly to claim that money back. You could save as much of the money as possible and try and build a squad of free agents and try and get promoted and do well that way. The players value will be used from the game that I start up from the beginning. If different users want the same player then there will be an auction through PM. You will also get to choose your manager and the backroom staff through a bidding process(by PMs). You will also be able to choose your team name and what sort of facilities you want to start off with. This again will cost money(not sure yet) and then we are good to go. Each squad will hopefully have 25 members by the end of the start up and the rest of the players will be created by me as youngsters who are quite good. These will cost nothing except it’ll be done on daft basis through numbers. So if I get 20 people to sign up there will be 60 youth players created. The numbers would be 1-60 and it would drafted through alphabetical team name order and then once we get to the end of the first pick we start from the bottom and work our way back up until the draft is complete. If you don’t want to, you don’t have to draft players, you can just keep your squad of 22 and the players who don’t get drafted will be free agents. This seems the fairest way to do it unless someone else has a fairer way? The positions of the created youth players will not be given either so it’ll be pot luck on who you get. There will be table kept for points which will be given for winning trophies, saving money and anything else anyone can think of. There will also be deductions if you go into admin or anything that can be considered bad.

Once everything is inputted in to the database, you’ll have to hope your decisions can help you get promoted. I’ll update on the progress of the teams and whether any dramatic will happen.

What are your thoughts on this? I know things of a similar nature have been attempted before but from what I’ve seen none have been attempted for a few years.

I think this might be better as a challenge NF. Change it so that you pick a team and you have to build your own squad, make them start off with just a chairman and thats it, it seems like a decent idea as a sign up though. Seems a bit like GCB's T2B for BSN/BSS

• 1 month later...

I've been away from CSE for a while and it seems a lot quieter than it used to be. But I'm back having completed my World League database and I'm thinking of releasing a series of challenges based on it. Some will be quick, one season challenges, while others will be long-term and potentially very frustrating! Some will be godlike in difficulty, with maybe a few fun and easy ones thrown in for good measure.

Would anybody be interested in this sort of thing? Check out my thread in the Editor's Hideaway for more info on the World League.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I've a new idea for a challenge. It seemed like a pretty obvious idea to me, but I've not seen anyone post it up either here or in the forum proper yet.

Basically, the idea is to take advantage of the new(ish) dynamic league reputation with the goal of increasing increase a certain league's reputation up to five stars in a country where football is not generally seen as being the number one sport. I wanted to be a bit more lax with the rules; basically, a manager is free to pick their own database size, number of leagues and manage multiple clubs.

Countries available for selection would include Australia, the USA and Ireland (perhaps Northern Ireland, Wales and South Africa could be available for selection as well?)

Does it seem like a good idea?

That's exactly what I am trying to do in my game (in NI), but by managing just one club. The biggest hurdle is that the other clubs in the league seem reluctant to really try and challenge you which means you get no help at all in the UEFA rankings as none of the other teams manage to win more than the odd game a season. Perhaps it would be possible by playing a huge number of seasons but I think managing multiple clubs would be a much easier way of doing it.

• 3 weeks later...

I ran a sign up a few years back charting the progress of a fictional team in my custom database for Lincolnshire and Humberside. I feel I have created the best database version of this nation yet this year so I thought it might be an idea to revisit the signup idea as I really enjoyed it, it was only ruined by a PC failure and lost files with one game to go in season 1.

My database offers an interesting and unique challenge as the small nation almost guarantees national callups for any decent player.

I will be playing it like the original sign up, with players being around above average in skill for the league they are in, the middle league of the nation called the "Young's Championship".

I will be able to update 2-3 times a week on weekday nights and weekends depending on what I have going on. I have thought about using a twitter account and a Youtube account to support the signup so I can be a little more flexible. I guess pretty much everyone has a mobile phone capable of internet these days :D

Anyway I just wanted to find out if those have or have not worked before and if anyone is still interested.

The database can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/288525-RELEASED-Lincolnshire-and-Humberside-2012 its not working at the moment because the last patch causes databases like it to crash on the 6th of March. As soon as that has been fixed I will post up a signup if there is interest.