+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

First Team Squad Member

Default Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

This is an ideas thread.

Something where people could discuss their ideas, etc for new sign-ups, holiday games or challenges. You might have something you want to ask before starting something new or see how much interest there might be before starting a particular thread. People might also want to help others with developing their ideas, that is the general idea of the thread anyway.

So this thread is dedicated to the helping and discussion of people with their ideas.

From this I believe that many quality threads could be created because of the initial discussion before being the thread being started.

Thanks to Ter for the idea.
    Last edited by aaberdeenn; 04-08-2008 at 07:07.

First Team

When i complete Dafuges challenge, i will begin my first sign -up....

It was very sucsessful last year (The Original Rooks Sign Up) and will repeat it again this season.

May take a long few months before im ther, but it will come.!

First Team Squad Member

When i complete Dafuges challenge
    Is it not if?

I've been throwing an idea for a challenge inside my head, and I'm unsure whether it'd be taken with open arms or laughed at. I have two variations.

Variation 1

Disclaimer: This is the least likely of the two variations, due to the requirement of Genie Scout to determine who the worst player in the world actually is.

Aim: To take X (worst player in the world) and give him the most illustrious career as you possibly can, whilst at the same time starting as an obscure unemployed manager.

Discussion: Somewhat follows the same idea of a Dafuge/Gundo's challenge, but from the perspective of a single player as opposed to a poor-form club. It could be quite frustrating, but at the same time challenging to involve a butter player in winning some bread. This was my original idea, but due to its magnificent possibility of becoming tedious and frustrating, I went back to the drawing board (including some inspiration from these forums) and came up with variation 2.

Variation 2

Disclaimer: May have been slightly influenced by Jimbokav's Super Kyle story

Aim: To begin unemployed and mastermind the career of a regen. There are no restrictions on league or database sizes, but obviously there is to be no use of the editor or using FMGenie to find your chosen regen. Due to the requirement of first getting a job, and secondly getting a suitable regen, the game will start with a 1 year honeymoon period in which you are designated to find a job, and a regen. This honeymoon period ends on 1st July 2008. International management will also be allowed.

Required screenshots:
    -Initial screenshot of manager overview showing unemployed status and poor reputation.
    -Screenshot upon gaining job in honeymoon period.
    -Screenshots before 1st July 2008 confirming choice of regen, and method of obtaining him.
    -Yearly screenshots of club progress and player progress

Discussion: Personally, the open-ended choice of job and possibility of both club and international management (which would be required to make the regen do as well as hoped) would allow for a possibly enjoyable experience. Obviously people may have problems with being forced to sell their regens, but there are no restrictions on getting a new job above his current club and signing him back. The aim is to basically pull your regen through time . No doubt it would be fun to put emphasis on a single player's performance, and how to enhance it with other players, as opposed to a team in general.

As for deciding who is going the best, a points scheme would need to be realised to include league and cup trophies (international and domestic) goals scored, MoM awards, various other awards. Basically things that are compiled by the game in the History section of a player's profile.

SO, what do you think?

Third Team

I can provide ideas, but won't actually carry it out, as my FM07 is busted and FM08 will send my antiquated laptop into meltdown...

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

Holiday Game Idea - Old Firm All Around The World
    The idea for this one is to (eventually) swap Rangers and Celtic into every league in the game (obviously one at a time) and see how they cope and how things pan out. Obviously this is going to be very interesting in some of the leagues on other continents that have restrictions like Argentina, MLS, Australia etc. I've run a couple of tests (just with the Premier League in England) and it threw up some interesting results. All I would do is run the game on holiday and give some updates and possibly some screenshots then eventually move on to another country and do the same.

What do you guys think?

First Team Squad Member

I like it. Everyone always asks how Celtic and Rangers would fare in other leagues.

First Team Squad Member

Machinegunhead. Personally out of the two I'd quite like the second idea. I've had thoughts about doing something similar but never thought into detail. I'm sure Jimbo would like it anyway.

Ter. I'd agree spot on with Birdy.

Part-Timer

Originally posted by Ter:
    The idea for this one is to (eventually) swap Rangers and Celtic into every league in the game (obviously one at a time) and see how they cope and how things pan out. Obviously this is going to be very interesting in some of the leagues on other continents that have restrictions like Argentina, MLS, Australia etc. I've run a couple of tests (just with the Premier League in England) and it threw up some interesting results. All I would do is run the game on holiday and give some updates and possibly some screenshots then eventually move on to another country and do the same.

What do you guys think?
    That would be interesting.

You should do that.

Semi Pro

Originally posted by nick...:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

What do you guys think?
    That would be interesting.

You should do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or you could pull San Marino out of Italy and into the BS N/S and see how far they can get on their own/with you as manager

World Cup Winner

Holiday Game Idea

Does loading a league make a difference to the fortunes of the clubs and the country?

This is an idea to test something I have always wondered, exactly how much of a difference does loading a league have?

The idea is to report on the fortunes of the club and national teams from 10 countries over a prolonged period of time, comparing the loaded leagues against the unloaded leagues.

The fixtures could look something like:

Argentina vs Brazil
    England vs Spain
    Belgium vs Holland
    Denmark vs Sweden
    Northern Ireland vs Wales

Where the home team is the loaded league and the unloaded league.

Every season a comparison between the two countries could be made, comparing the clubs fortunes in continental competition using the club/nation coefficients and the nation's fortunes using the FIFA rankings. Reports could be made using a combination of rankings/coefficients and progress of individual clubs.

First Team Squad Member

Your idea has my backing dafuge.

Would be interesting to see the results of this. Like you I have wondered what effect loading leagues has so would be interesting to see how it effects things.

First Team Squad Member

That is something I have always been interested in also, so would fully back this

Charlton Athletic Researcher

I've got a couple of ideas for a challenge.

A career challenge, small clubs to your favourite club

Firstly what I've noticed a lot of challenges are based around managing one club. Most of my longer term CM/FM games I've played I've usually managed one club. I'd like to play a game where I move around clubs, having a bit of success in different countries and building up my reputation.

New PCs are a lot faster with FM now, on my new PC I loaded all divisions from between 8 and 11 nations with large db and its still quick. So that wouldn't be an issue for a lot of people when it comes to loading several leagues. Again a lot of challenges are about loading one nation. Anyone with slower PCs could load 2-3 nations, so the challenge would be available to everyone.

I also haven't got a really good long term game going with Charlton since CM 00/01. I'd like to try and earn the job and make them as big as possible.

So the idea for the challenge would be to have a career, encourage everyone to move clubs and play in different leagues. You'd start unemployed and look for a club with an obscure or local reputation and go from there.

Eventually you'd hope you've done well enough to earn the job of the club you support.

As more popular challenges have shown, a simple challenge works best, so I wouldn't want to include too many rules and restrictions. That way the challenge could be played with any combination of leagues, db size etc.

I tried starting this myself, but there were issues with the match engine (in the 8.0.0 and the beta patch) meaning it was too easy, I was thrashing other teams. They seemed to think we had no chance. It should be improved in the official 8.0.1 patch.

Another idea is something thats been mentioned before...

Welsh "Double" Challenge

You could start in the Welsh Premier, or as one of the Welsh clubs in England (including Merthyr Tydfil and clubs promoted to the Welsh Premier).

The aim would obviously be to make the club do as well as possible, and evnetually take control of the national side.

Not sure what would work best, but a rule could be that you are only allowed Welsh players and staff. This wasn't a restriction in the San Marino challenge, and that worked pretty well as everyone still tried to sign players from San Marino.

As an option, you could play an extreme version, in SMSL's challenge style, only using Welsh players that come through your academy.

Any opinions on either of those?

First Team Squad Member

Scoham.

The first idea I really like. I've always wanted to do something like this, tried it a few times but always been too attached to my starting club.

I think I might be more inclined to make it work should it be a proper challenge with a specific aim.

I've always found that, you feel like you just can't leave the club, but this time I'd like to play a game that way.

Should have said the aim would be to win the top division and continental competition (so Premier League and Champions League in England) with the club you support. Of course you can take that further and try and make the club the biggest in the world.

Youth Team

Give A Nation A Spine - Holiday / Sign Up Game

Football analysts quite often talk about how important having a strong spine running through the centre of a team can be key to becoming a successful side. Therefore my idea would be to choose the worst fully affilitated FIFA nation within each continent (possibly with the exception of South America due to the lack of teams and general level of ability of those nations) and to create a superstar player with CA = 200, PA = 200 in the position of GK, DC, CM + ST.

You would therefore have 5 chosen nations (1 from Asia, Africa, Europe, Oceania and CONCACAF), with each nation having 4 young, excellent starlets and the person doing the holiday / sign up game could then see over time how each nation gets on... how much of an impact do these 4 players have on their nation? How high can these select few superstars raise their team's ability? Can any drag their country to a World Cup? Do some regens of the future from those nations have higher PA levels because of these 4 starlets? etc.

You could also analyse how long it takes for some of these star players to make their way to the big teams, ie: Would the starlets playing their domestic football in India or S Africa be picked up as quickly as those playing in Italy already?

I would propose that for each nation chosen, the players all initially begin at the same team in a fully visible league that is near their home nation,
    eg: San Marino players would all start with a club in Italy.
    American Samoa players would all start with a club in Australia.
    The players for an African nation would start in S Africa etc.

The reason why I suggest this could be a sign-up / Holiday game is that it lends itself to either format, although admittedly putting it in holiday mode would make it run quicker.

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

I think the key to a holiday game is to make it REALLY specific.

dafuge's idea is excellent .

He compares 2 nations, (and that will be ebough for many), but also has the hidden depth of already having an inkling into what will happen and why, and this will be the real guts of the holiday experiment.

In terms of an idea for a challenge, I look at what we have at the moment, and it is all much of a muchness.

The dafuge thread is legendary on it's own and needs no explaining.

Gundo's challenge id dafuge's challenge in a small country.

Everton Blokes, Jeffhardy's, GAYAC, SMSL's, & foxmad's challenges are all good in their own rights, but are all very similar in that they are all hufely long term games like dafuge's and Gundo's.

The Fat GK challenge is unique I suppose in that it can run alongside any challenge, and it has seasonal as well as long term records.

How I first got speaking to dafuge was years ago and we did 2 single season challenges on CM03/04 (I think). One was managing East Bengal in India and the other was managing a Brazilian lower league team, (can't remember who), and each challenge only lasted for a single season.

A lot of people don't have the stomache for a long terms save and seem to spend theirr time drifting from 1 challenge to the next. Starting one after the other without ever really getting into it.

My main idea is that we should introduce a monthly challenge, that should last for exactly 1 calendar month, and be played over the course of only 1 season. People could nominate Nations or Divisions, Or we could simply ask Frank when he updates himself for FM08.

I would stick with the challenges that I currently participate in, but I think it would open this forum to a wider audiance, and maybe with whatever plans Ter has up his sleeve in terms of advertising, this may be something that will happen in any case.

Good point about short term challenges. There aren't many of them, although I'm sure I've seen a few but they've not been popular.

Youth Team

and for my second idea...

Father and Son Sign Up Game

Basically the idea behind this potential sign-up game is that you make your own player like in most sign-ups and you choose a lower league team for him to play in (doesn't have to be England, could be lower league anywhere in the World). The person running the sign then follows the progress of these players.

The thing that would make this sign up different, is that each participant also creates a 'dad' for their player (same surname, same nationality, same place of birth, both have each other set as favoured personnel at 100%) and the dad is edited into the game as manager of the team his young son is playing in. So not only do you follow the progress of your player, but also of your manager as well... together do they create a formidable force? How soon is it before the dad is forced to flog his son on as his son yearns for bigger and better things? As both manager and player would have tremendous PA, do they ever form an allegance again at another club further down the line? Does the father or the son have more success in terms of winning trophies?

Again, the format of this is more suited to a follow your progress sign up.

World Cup Winner

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

How I first got speaking to dafuge was years ago and we did 2 single season challenges on CM03/04 (I think). One was managing East Bengal in India and the other was managing a Brazilian lower league team, (can't remember who), and each challenge only lasted for a single season.
    I've been thinking of resurrecting this for a while. Back in the days of the CM forums I started a series of challenges that were based over the length of one season, with a time limit of two weeks for people to complete them. A new team in a new country was chosen for each challenge, with some kind of table produced at the end of the two weeks.

If there any suggestions on this one, we could bring it back. Since then, the challenges forum has been created, so often people have a long term save on the game. How about making it a monthly challenge? Would people be able to manage a season with another team alongside their own games?

It was Santa Cruz

World Cup Winner

Sign-Up Idea

This is one that I've been wanting to do, but just couldn't because I've always had a game on the go.

It's based on the Murder Mystery Party idea. The setup is based on the usual sign ups, where every player chooses positions, attributes etc. but the creator comes up with a list of distinct personalities for the players, which are assigned via e-mail. These could based on things like 'thinks he is far too good for the team' to 'is having an affair with the GK's wife'. It would be up to the people taking part to drop subtle enough hints throughout the thread so that others could guess which personality belongs to them. Obviously the list (or a brief rundown of them) would need to be posted at the start, so that people could try to guess which people have which people have which personalities. The winner could be the first person to e-mail the creator with the correct list, with a maximum of say three guesses.

I think this could create an incredibly interesting thread to read and it could encourage people to be a lot more creative with what they contribute to the sign-up threads. It could create far more of a story, rather than just an update on a team, with far more people contributing to the thread.

Amateur
    Challenge clubs: Parque del Plata - Uruguayan Primera Division, Liptovsky Mikulas - Slovakian II. Ligy, Halesowen Town - Blue Square North

Originally posted by dafuge:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I've been thinking of resurrecting this for a while. Back in the days of the CM forums I started a series of challenges that were based over the length of one season, with a time limit of two weeks for people to complete them. A new team in a new country was chosen for each challenge, with some kind of table produced at the end of the two weeks.

If there any suggestions on this one, we could bring it back. Since then, the challenges forum has been created, so often people have a long term save on the game. How about making it a monthly challenge? Would people be able to manage a season with another team alongside their own games?

It was Santa Cruz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I genuinely think this is an excellent idea. I think it would be really fun to have a fresh challenge every month - maybe giving people the incentive to play in leagues they wouldn't normally consider.

Perhaps it could be mixed up a bit too - in that most challenges here start with a tiny team, with the objective being to make them conquer the world. Maybe with these challenges it could be that one month you're managing a tiny team in the lower divisions of Slovakia for a season, and the next month the goal is to win as many trophies as possible in one season with a bigger, better known team in a different league.

If you ask me, it might need to be controlled in some way though - as great an idea as it is, if the forum were flooded with two hundred odd one season challenges for all sorts of clubs, it's going to get pretty crazy pretty quickly. This scenario to me is really not out of the realm of possibility - say someone started a challenge to get Arsenal to win as many trophies as possible, then a Man Utd fan starts one that's exactly the same but with Man Utd instead, and before you know it you've got a challenge for every team in the world with a half-decent fan base. I know that if not enough people are playing them, challenges die out, but it could potentially cause the forum to get a bit clogged up.

So, an official monthly challenge would be a great way to control this and to stop the forum being deluged with them. Dafuge's FM08 demo challenge just goes to show there's an appetite for shorter challenges, and I think that a monthly one season challenge would be really good at stimulating and maintaining interest in the forum.

Just a few thoughts that sprang to mind!

World Cup Winner

If people think a monthly challenge would be a good idea, I'd love to run it. Running things monthly would mean that I could quite easily manage one season for that while continuing with my own long term game. What do other people think?

Youth Team

Sign-Up Idea

This is one that I've been wanting to do, but just couldn't because I've always had a game on the go.

It's based on the Murder Mystery Party idea. The setup is based on the usual sign ups, where every player chooses positions, attributes etc. but the creator comes up with a list of distinct personalities for the players, which are assigned via e-mail. These could based on things like 'thinks he is far too good for the team' to 'is having an affair with the GK's wife'. It would be up to the people taking part to drop subtle enough hints throughout the thread so that others could guess which personality belongs to them. Obviously the list (or a brief rundown of them) would need to be posted at the start, so that people could try to guess which people have which people have which personalities. The winner could be the first person to e-mail the creator with the correct list, with a maximum of say three guesses.

I think this could create an incredibly interesting thread to read and it could encourage people to be a lot more creative with what they contribute to the sign-up threads. It could create far more of a story, rather than just an update on a team, with far more people contributing to the thread.
    Oh my God that's fantastic !

Youth Team

If people think a monthly challenge would be a good idea, I'd love to run it. Running things monthly would mean that I could quite easily manage one season for that while continuing with my own long term game. What do other people think?
    My sentiments exactly .

In terms of chosing a team to manage, even if Frank isn't up to speed for FM08 in terms of teams, there are no new league in the game so at least he could chose the league and then maybe your own random team generator, (the thingy in the game works doesn't it , I've never tried it if I'm honest), could shose the team.

Failing that, you could just use Frank for the Nation, then pick the league league /level out of a hat and then do the same for available teams.

Amateur
    Challenge clubs: Parque del Plata - Uruguayan Primera Division, Liptovsky Mikulas - Slovakian II. Ligy, Halesowen Town - Blue Square North

You've got my vote! As the creator of the most successful challenge in FM, I'd be surprised if there were any complaints!

I was thinking about this a bit more, and here's another thought that I'm not even 100% sure would be a good idea myself - but maybe something to kick around?

Obviously for each monthly challenge, there would probably be a leaderboard/table to show who took part and how they got on. How about, in addition to that, having an ongoing leaderboard across all the official monthly challenges? I'm not sure how you would work out the table as the objectives of each challenge would be different, but it could potentially be done in some way...

It's got both pros and cons - on the plus side, it would encourage people to keep taking part and keep coming back for the next month's challenge, and might be fun for regular players to see how they're faring overall across different leagues (not for the sake of beating other players, but just for their own interest), and if the same players keep taking part it could foster a really good sense of community... on the down side, it might overcomplicate things, might encourage a bit too much competitive behaviour when the idea is just to have fun, and would mean more work for the challenge originator.

Hmmmm... I don't know! Any thoughts?

World Cup Winner

Originally posted by iseemonsters:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:
    You've got my vote! As the creator of the most successful challenge in FM, I'd be surprised if there were any complaints!

I was thinking about this a bit more, and here's another thought that I'm not even 100% sure would be a good idea myself - but maybe something to kick around?

Obviously for each monthly challenge, there would probably be a leaderboard/table to show who took part and how they got on. How about, in addition to that, having an ongoing leaderboard across all the official monthly challenges? I'm not sure how you would work out the table as the objectives of each challenge would be different, but it could potentially be done in some way...

It's got both pros and cons - on the plus side, it would encourage people to keep taking part and keep coming back for the next month's challenge, and might be fun for regular players to see how they're faring overall across different leagues (not for the sake of beating other players, but just for their own interest), and if the same players keep taking part it could foster a really good sense of community... on the down side, it might overcomplicate things, might encourage a bit too much competitive behaviour when the idea is just to have fun, and would mean more work for the challenge originator.

Hmmmm... I don't know! Any thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was something that I considered when I ran it on the old CM forums, in the end I decided that it was best that each challenge was treated separately so that anyone could join at any time and compete in as many challenges as they wanted. We thought that the idea of an overall leaderboard might put off people joining part way through, because they had no chance of catching the leader. We found that regular individual challenges worked well, because people could dip in and out of it as they wanted.

World Cup Winner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:
    My sentiments exactly .

In terms of chosing a team to manage, even if Frank isn't up to speed for FM08 in terms of teams, there are no new league in the game so at least he could chose the league and then maybe your own random team generator, (the thingy in the game works doesn't it , I've never tried it if I'm honest), could shose the team.

Failing that, you could just use Frank for the Nation, then pick the league league /level out of a hat and then do the same for available teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time, I chose them myself, by trying to pick leagues that people might not have played in before combined with leagues people might be interested in. Believe it or not, East Bengal were actually chosen as they were one of the strongest teams in India. I think the beauty of a monthly challenge is that a mixture of strong and weak teams could be chosen, but I think the team should be chosen rather than randomly selected, this way some of the interesting teams could be chosen.

Amateur

This was something that I considered when I ran it on the old CM forums, in the end I decided that it was best that each challenge was treated separately so that anyone could join at any time and compete in as many challenges as they wanted. We thought that the idea of an overall leaderboard might put off people joining part way through, because they had no chance of catching the leader. We found that regular individual challenges worked well, because people could dip in and out of it as they wanted.
    Fair enough, that makes sense. And I agree on choosing teams deliberately rather than randomly, so as to give as wide a range of challenges as possible.

First Team Squad Member

Last time, I chose them myself, by trying to pick leagues that people might not have played in before combined with leagues people might be interested in. Believe it or not, East Bengal were actually chosen as they were one of the strongest teams in India. I think the beauty of a monthly challenge is that a mixture of strong and weak teams could be chosen, but I think the team should be chosen rather than randomly selected, this way some of the interesting teams could be chosen.
    Yes, and there could be a number of these challenges with like a difficulty rating out of 5/10 perhaps?

World Cup Winner

Originally posted by birdy123:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Last time, I chose them myself, by trying to pick leagues that people might not have played in before combined with leagues people might be interested in. Believe it or not, East Bengal were actually chosen as they were one of the strongest teams in India. I think the beauty of a monthly challenge is that a mixture of strong and weak teams could be chosen, but I think the team should be chosen rather than randomly selected, this way some of the interesting teams could be chosen.
    Yes, and there could be a number of these challenges with like a difficulty rating out of 5/10 perhaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose the difference with those challenges compared to the current ones is that they were competitive in the way that you were competing against other people, rather than trying to achieve a common goal.

A difficulty rating should be irrelevant if people are competing against each other.

Third Team

A very simple idea for a chelenge, and with a local twist.

Bring Singapore to the 2010 World Cup
    Help Singapore qualify for the World Cup in 2010, as was the target they set before they abandoned the idea. Should be slightly tricky as the qualifiers have already gone underway as of FM08 and you only get one shot, meaning no time to build up the squad over several years.

But all in all, for the really experienced gamers, should be fairly easy.

First Team Squad Member

I'd really love to see a monthly challenge.

Whatever way you'd want to do it dafuge I'd have no problems with yourself running it.

First Team Squad Member

Leeds United Challenge

Thought this would be interesting because of the points deduction.

There would be a points system involved, with points awarded for final league position, goals scored, rounds reached in each cup, and anything else I may have missed. It's a vague idea in this stage, but I hope to make this a successful one-season challenge.

First Team Squad Member

Leeds United Challenge

Thought this would be interesting because of the points deduction.

There would be a points system involved, with points awarded for final league position, goals scored, rounds reached in each cup, and anything else I may have missed. It's a vague idea in this stage, but I hope to make this a successful one-season challenge.
    It was only a matter of time before this one popped up.

I'd be certain that it would be very popular though. Good luck with it.

World Cup Winner

Is the board confidence thing fixed?

I hear a lot of people were experiencing the board not taking the points deduction into consideration, which meant people were getting sacked despite doing very well.

First Team Squad Member

I'm not sure, I would have to see a list of things fixed in the patch to know for sure.

Part-timer

Sign-Up Idea

Brilliant Idea, i was nearly drooling

Amateur

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:
    Give A Nation A Spine - Holiday / Sign Up Game

Football analysts quite often talk about how important having a strong spine running through the centre of a team can be key to becoming a successful side. Therefore my idea would be to choose the worst fully affilitated FIFA nation within each continent (possibly with the exception of South America due to the lack of teams and general level of ability of those nations) and to create a superstar player with CA = 200, PA = 200 in the position of GK, DC, CM + ST.

You would therefore have 5 chosen nations (1 from Asia, Africa, Europe, Oceania and CONCACAF), with each nation having 4 young, excellent starlets and the person doing the holiday / sign up game could then see over time how each nation gets on... how much of an impact do these 4 players have on their nation? How high can these select few superstars raise their team's ability? Can any drag their country to a World Cup? Do some regens of the future from those nations have higher PA levels because of these 4 starlets? etc.

You could also analyse how long it takes for some of these star players to make their way to the big teams, ie: Would the starlets playing their domestic football in India or S Africa be picked up as quickly as those playing in Italy already?

I would propose that for each nation chosen, the players all initially begin at the same team in a fully visible league that is near their home nation,
    eg: San Marino players would all start with a club in Italy.
    American Samoa players would all start with a club in Australia.
    The players for an African nation would start in S Africa etc.

The reason why I suggest this could be a sign-up / Holiday game is that it lends itself to either format, although admittedly putting it in holiday mode would make it run quicker.
    I like the sound of this one, in either format really, but probably more in a holiday game format. Sort of like the great kipfizh holiday game but on a national level.

Semi Pro

Monthly Challenges would be fantastic Dafuge, really good as it'd mean taking a break from games to do these smaller, quicker challenges.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a tactics challenge, seperate the men from the mice :P

But they could end up with things like:

- attacking challenge (winner is manager with most goals scored),

- defensive (most clean sheets)

- entertaining (biggest crowds/most goals per game)

- rotation (most players to make 10+ appearances)

- sporting (Best disciplinary)

- set pieces (most goals from set pieces)

Obviously these would only be one season games to make it easier to have a winner. And would have to be played with a selected team, if people are tyed on the selected section then it would come down to their performance in the league/cup.

Some of the ideas are a bit weak but it would stretch the tactical knowledge of the participants.

First Team
    German international Michael Ballack was asked by one of Chelsea\'s England players if he puts his t

I've been thinking about running an FRED experiment once Genie Scout is released. Choosing 10 nations to run, holidaying the game for 5 seasons, then analysing all the players below the age of 20 (basically all FREDs) to compare them to the start of the game.

So at the start of the game you might have:

Players Under 20 with PA > 160

England: 60
    Argentina: 70
    Brazil: 90
    France: 65

Then holiday it for five years, and see how the FREDs compare PA wise.

Also checking the vital attributes for positions, to see if we're still getting barely any defenders with high tackling etc.

Then holiday it another 5 years, do another comparison for the U20s, but this time compare the first batch of FREDs, age 20-25, to see what percentage of them are reaching their PA and so on.

First Team Squad Member

I like it.

It is another one of those things that people are interested in, quality of players at the start of the game compared to quality of players in a number of years.

First Team Squad Member

I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a simple " bottom at Christmas" challenge where you'd take the team bottom of the EPL on Christmas day as far as you could by the end of the season.

It would be a quick challenge you could do in one night or over a weekend. It would on run for approximately 5 months so shouldn't take long.

There's not really much to explain, it's that simple to understand.

Just wondered if there'd be any interest?

First Team Squad Member

I think it's a good idea. I personally think that there could be a series of these, with someone uploading a database where a different team is bottom of the league. Could also incorporate a difficulty level system there if that was the case (yes, I know I have said this idea before )

Youth Team

I must be psychic because I already know who dafuge will chose in his first challenge .

One thing I've though is that maybe a save game should be uploaded to to someone like filefront, ann competitors download the save to participate in the challenge.

This would allow the challenge to take place in very detailed circumstances, such as no money at a big club, a team in administration, a team in relegation trouble in mid-season, (as has been mentioned above), and many other little slants on what we have grown used to.

World Cup Winner

Sounds like a good idea, a bit like the scenario challenges that were put on the official FM website.

World Cup Winner

I must be psychic because I already know who dafuge will chose in his first challenge .
    Who?

Youth Team

Lets just say, somewhere where a certain well known, (but not that great), player starts the gamne .

First Team Squad Member

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Maybe it could be altered slightly to be similar to the old ones on the FM2007 website.

I'd upload the save then create a number of different challenges from that save all in the one thread based on a variety of different difficulties. That sounds like it would be fine to me. I've just holidayed to 25th December, I'll have a look at the situation of the EPL then maybe come up with something.

World Cup Winner

Lets just say, somewhere where a certain well known, (but not that great), player starts the gamne .

I was going to avoid that one actually, I was thinking of going abroad first of all.

Youth Team

No, not that bloke, the imposter .

World Cup Winner

No, not that bloke, the imposter .
    Oh, him, I forget his name

Do we really want to give him more exposure?

First Team Squad Member

I like all these one-season challenge ideas. I think it would be good if they all started with a seperate save-game to download, like the official 07 ones were.

Youth Team

Do we really want to give him more exposure?
    I hate to say it, but yes .

Semi Pro
    Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ (CSE Forum)

Jimbo/dafuge You guys crack me up.

Part-Timer

Would there be any interest in doing something like this?

-Pick a club in a league that allows unlimited foreigners
    -All your players must be from a country that is ranked 100th or lower in the FIFA rankings
    -You can only have 1 (or 2 or some other number) players from the same country
    -Try to win as much as possible

I need to test a few things to make sure it isn't too hard or easy or that there aren't any major issues with it (like how to get around the 4/8 homegrown players for the Champions League), but that would be the basic idea. I just like the weird countries!

First Team Squad Member

I wouldn't foresee any problems you would encounter with this idea except for...

All your players must be from a country that is ranked 100th or lower in the FIFA rankings
    FIFA Rankings constantly change so there would be no real way to monitor this other than to check every month when they are published and because of this you could end up with players entering the top 100 at any point during the season which I'm sure would cause quite a few problems.

Other than that, sounds ok to me.

Part-Timer

I was just going to do it like they had to be below the top 100 when you first sign him.

First Team Squad Member

Originally posted by Recury:
    I was just going to do it like they had to be below the top 100 when you first sign him.
    Ahh, ok.

Well I wouldn't see any problems then.

Third Team

I actually tried that once with Feyenoord. More like "have one player from every country" challenge.

The problem is that the chairman often 'advised' me not to sign certain players because they were 'not good enough', so I didn't go through with some of them for fear of upsetting the chairman.

Still, my reserves had numerous Pacific Islanders, with players from Fiji, American Samoa, Papua New Guinea, Tahiti etc.

It was actually fun.

Amateur

Anybody interested in running a holiday/signup game which focuses on something like "flawed" youngsters? Potential superstars with some sort of failing in them.

Two lowly ranked countries, eleven-sixteen players each side; player-chosen superstats; plus at least 1 mental stat at 1. Players also dislike at least 1 country team mate (randomly chosen). Players must choose 1 fave club; Players can add extra good stuff, but always with a penalty: more players dislike them, key coaches dislike them (country coach or fave club coach).

And then, see which side is the best. As I don't have a recent FM, anybody interested in running this? I'm willing to flesh this out more if someone wants to run this.

Youth Team
    Blackpool - Steam ID: alexbarnsley, PSN ID - barns5

FM Fans United - May return this year and im all outta ideas for this one i don't think i can compete with the last one. any ideas that i can consider?

First Team Squad Member

FMF \o/\o/

Can't think of any ideas though i'm afraid

Semi Pro

create 11 players of lower stats with female names and see how they perform...

Semi Pro

High mental(brainys) vs High technical (acrobats) vs high physical (giants)

See which will perform better .

Part-Timer
    Having trouble communicating due to the language barrier

I've got one for a challenge.

Win at least one game with as many different clubs as possible. You could literally win one match, resign, sign for a new club, win, resign, and so on. I suppose a deadline would be good, like for example 1st Jan 2010.

First Team Squad Member

coldkohmew - I would like to see you persevere with that experiment.

Chas (Psyatika) - That is mental, but would be very interesting if you could pull it off.

Semi Pro

I wished too but i have too much work ...

Amateur

I have an idea of testing how well the AI handles money.

I'm now 6 seasons in and about 6 clubs that are involved in the Premiership have gone into administration by this time with 3 this particular season (2 currently in the prem and 1 in the champ.)

I want to see how badly/well these clubs are managing their money and whether the effect of been relegated/ missing out on Europe causes real problems for the clubs.

It would work with me saving and then adding myself as manager of the each of the 20 premiership clubs to get a screenshot of their finances on the 1st September, 1st February and 1st June. I would also write a report on how closely it keeps to it's wage budget. When done I would simply reload and holiday until the next date.

I would try to run this test for 10 seasons providing there is interest.

Would anyone be interested in reading about this?

First Team Squad Member

Youth Team

Me too .

I have a sneaking suspicion that the results would not be what we hoped for.

Amateur

Oky I will try to get this started sometime today.

Part-Timer

I remember a challenge I found on one of the smaller sites on either 06 or 07, can't remember, but he put up a save game that started on January 1st. You were to become manager of Real Madrid whose new eccentric manager had sold all of the 'Galacticos' before being placed under a transfer embargo. The Real Madrid reserves took them to a healthy bottom place (obviously). You take over with a sum of money, around £125million I think it was, and have to buy a side that has to save them from relegation.

The problem that cropped up was that even though you took over in January you'd get sacked for the teams performance from July to January.

I loved this challenge! I just can't seem to sell all the players to set it up though..

Part-Timer

Two ideas are popping to my mind:

Challenge: Fly the Nordic Cross

I first thought of this during my FM07 save in Sweden. I found some clubs, former champions/cup winners of their respective country (Sweden, Denmark, Norway) rotting in the bottom playable league (that means SWE 4th, NOR/DEN 3rd tier).

- B93 (Denmark, champions 9 times between 1916-46)
    - Fässbergs IF (Sweden, champions in 1924)
    - IFK Eskilstuna (Sweden, champions in 1921)
    - IK Sleipner (Sweden, champions in 1938)
    - SK Gjovik-Lyn (Norway, cup winners in 1962)

If anyone knows more former champions in the lowest playable league, just give a shout. I excluded BK from Denmark, as they seem to be the reserves of FC Copenhagen now.

The Challenge

Take control of one of these teams. Please set your past experience realistically. Load up the Danish, Norwegian and Swedish leagues (all the way down). No additional nations can be retained. Database size is up to you (and your PC's abilities)

The aim: to take one of these clubs back to their former glory, with using players and staff ONLY from Nordic countries. These are: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Faroe Islands. To put it short: the flag must contain the Nordic cross in it

The steps:

1. To get the chosen team through to the top tier of the given country.
    2. To repeat their long-gone success: win the local top division's title
    3. To collect the local cup, too. It doesn't have to be in the same season as the championship title. Neither has priority over the other, just win them.
    4. Take the team to at least the semi-final of a European Cup. Winning, of course, is a bonus.
    5. To take over the national team of the country you selected, and win a major international trophy (WC or EC) with them.

Guidelines:

- Only players that were scouted, recommended by staff/players at the club or trialled can be signed
    - Staff must be all-Nordic too. Staff have to be searched via the job center, if needed.
    - No external utilies should be used. DB must be unedited.
    - Parent/feeder clubs are allowed
    - If a player has dual nationality, he may stay at your club as long as his flag shows the Nordic cross. So if a guy has Swedish/Macedonian nationality, as long as his flag stays Swedish, he can stay. If he gets called up to the Macedonian national team, and accepts, he may stay as long as he has a contract, but no further.
    - Same with foreign players already at the clubs when starting. I'm aware of the fact that (especially in lower leagues) releasing players is a financial burden, so they can stay until their contract runs out, should it put you in a bad financial position.

That's it about the challenge. Any comments?

---

Holiday AI Experiment - How far can the perfect staff take a team?

Of course this was partly inspired by kipfizh's classic AI experiment, and Jimbokav's Ass. man experiment, too.

We've seen how a team consisting of the perfect young players did. I've always felt that The Bandits' progress was slowed down by managers not up to the task, and an unambitious chairman.

I've thought about the following, to tes how much effect can the backroom staff have over the club's fortunes.

- "The perfect staff" will be added to the seemingly weakest sides in the English Conference N/S, with maximum attributes in their relevant fields+determination, list the club as a favourite, and have the same way of thinking about the game: same preferrd formation/mentality etc. Their reputation will be as low as it can be. In order not to get poached, they will have very long contracts (I'm thinking about 10 years, if it can be set) and quite high wages. Of course the club's financial state has to be altered a bit, in order to cope with the staff wages.

- The player squad will be as it is at the moment. No changes.

- I'm not sure if it can be done by an outside editor, but if the answer is yes, that could add another aspect. My thought is to set up two different chairmen for the clubs. One like Jesus Gil: the highly ambitious, high-spending, glory hungry chairman, with high interference and very short patience. The other the opposite: not interfering, likes to be hands off and just watch the team evolve - like the board of Auxerre, who left Guy Roux in the manager's seat for something like 40 years.

The questions:

- Given the perfect staff, how much of an advantage can it be for the two team over their divisional rivals? Can the perfect staff take such a lowly team to the Premiership glory and beyond?

- How much superiority does having the perfect manager mean in matches? Is he outsmarting lower league managers with his tactics? Or firing up the squad with well-made team-talks?

- How much of a difference can two differing chairmen mean? Will the highly ambitious chairman give everything he could (players, money, etc.) for the team, and how soon will he lose patience with the perfect staff, if things do not go their way? On the other hand: having a laid-back chairman is ideal for building the team and progressing slowly. But can he hinder the club's progress due to the lack of ambition?

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Part-Timer

just an idea .

start an unemployed career , repuatation of proffesional footballer , and try to work your way to premierleague glory.

similair to dafuges challenge , but easier

World Cup Winner

Originally posted by smithers08:
    just an idea .

start an unemployed career , repuatation of proffesional footballer , and try to work your way to premierleague glory.

similair to dafuges challenge , but easier
    I think it would be better to set your reputation to the lowest possible, so you have to work your way up from the very bottom.

Part-Timer

yeh i agree , like i say . the challenge is very similair to dafuge small to big club challenge , but wih this one you will be able to change teams throughout , in order for you to have a bit of variation

Amateur

Challenge: Fly the Nordic Cross
    Fantastic Idea! I would give that a go!

Youth Team

AI Experiment - Flipping England on it's Head

The concept behind this AI experiment is to take the current English league system and flip all the clubs from top to bottom so that the Premiership clubs begin in BS North / South and the current BS North / South clubs play in the Premiership and Championship. So the format of the English League system would now look like this:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Current Format How it would look
    Premiership 20 teams The lowest rep 10 teams from BS North and BS South
    Championship 24 teams The remaining, 12 highest rep teams from BS North and BS South
    League One 24 teams 23 BS Premier teams + Leeds
    League Two 24 teams Stays the same
    BS Premier 24 teams 23 League One teams + the highest rep current BS Premier team.
    BS North 22 teams 12 Northern based Championship clubs + 10 Northern based Prem clubs
    BS South 22 teams 12 Southern based Championship clubs + 10 Southern based Prem clubs
    </pre>

Leeds may or may not need to stay in League One due to a hardcoding element. All the current teams eligible for European competition would be stripped of that right and they would be given to the lowest rep teams now found in the Premiership.
    I would also recommend playing this on a small database with only the English leagues running.

Aim of the experiment
    To see the effects of turning the tables on the current English league system and to see how the big clubs respond to this.
    Do they all go bankrupt?
    Do they all sell their best players asap and do all the good players migrate abroad?
    What happens to the big clubs that don't get promoted from the BS North / South the first season?
    Is the FA Cup going to be won by anybody other than the big 4?
    How do the teams now in the Premiership deal with life in European competitions? - How does this affect the UEFA Coefficients?
    How do the teams now finding themselves in the Premiership respond to this - do they go on a spending spree?
    How does this all affect the reputation of clubs over time?
    Do Leeds get back to the Premierhsip a lot quicker due to their league now having poorer teams?
    Fast forward the game on 5, 10, 20 seasons and how different does the league structure from what it was at the start of the experiment and what the current real life situation is like?

I would say once Genie Scout comes out then this could be a really good experiment if someone did it in quite a bit of detail, ie: Screenshot of each leagues, looking at big name transfers in / out of England, focusing on certain clubs such as a 'big 4' watch or a Leeds United watch etc

First Team Squad Member

Very interesting idea there WW.

Third Team

"Stealing" your idea, with the Italian leagues WW. Testing it in "beta" stage. I didn't just flip the leagues, basically turned the whole country on its head.

Sorted the Italian clubs from lowest reputation to highest, starting with clubs at 50 reps. And swapped the first 20 to Serie A. So Serie A looks something like this..

Serie A table

Only changed A so far, if I get into, I'll start a new topic.

Youth Team

Originally posted by boots:
    "Stealing" your idea, with the Italian leagues WW. Testing it in "beta" stage. I didn't just flip the leagues, basically turned the whole country on its head.

Sorted the Italian clubs from lowest reputation to highest, starting with clubs at 50 reps. And swapped the first 20 to Serie A. So Serie A looks something like this..

Serie A table

Only changed A so far, if I get into, I'll start a new topic.

Not a problem at all, I've already set it up on my pc so I could do a thread on it myself if there is enough interest in it, but as I already have my own AI Experiment on the go it would be to the detriment of that experiment so its probably best I don't as I don't want to clog up the forum with threads by myself.

If anybody would like to do this AI experiment (probably best to wait until the patch is out etc), its quite easy to set up, took me no more than an hour fiddling with the editor and sqapping teams and editing their 'previous division'.

The only reason I chose England over Italy is that there are a lot of leagues and that the league system is mainly one league into another (unlike in Italy when leagues split up as you move beyond Serie B). Still, will be an interesting idea if you can put the big Italian clubs down into Serie C2a/b/c.

First Team Squad Member

dafuge - Any more news on the one-season challenge ideas?

World Cup Winner

dafuge - Any more news on the one-season challenge ideas?
    I was thinking of making them monthly, with the first one starting in December.

First Team Squad Member

sounds like a good idea.

Part-timer

Florentia Viola: A Revolution

7.06.07 News just in: Police in Florence raid offices at Fiorentina’s Stadium due to suspicion of Match Fixing. This comes just hours after the popular Luca Toni has been sold.
    8.06.07 News: Supporters gather outside of the Artemio Franchi stadium protesting about the sorry state of their beloved club. They feel that by selling Luca Toni who they feel was their best player that the club will be in major trouble in the following season.
    12.06.07 Former player Gabriel Batistuta has also become distressed at the club he once dearly loved, and has created a club to put his passion towards: Florentia Viola. He has set about looking for potential stadiums and has submitted a request to join the Italian FA.
    21.06.07 The club name is taken from the time when Fiorentina were relegated to Serie C2. The Italian FA have allowed the club to join Serie C2/B as it has also been confirmed that local team Rovigo have had to drop out of the league after declaring bankruptcy. Batistuta has found a 21250 all-seater stadium in Florence and renamed it Stadio Artemio Franchi.
    30.06.07 Batistuta has appointed two former Fiorentina Favourites: Giovanni Galli as Managing Director and Brian Laudrup as Director of Football. Fans have been getting behind the club and Batistuta has arranged trials for 18 young players to fill his squad. He has the financial backing and its reported to be around the £70 million mark. Young manager Sir Chris McCormick has also been drafted in as Manager.

I hope this scenario is ok, seems a bit long I know! Basically I want 18 players ranging in different positions.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=2101905...522088163#9522088163

Banned

My new sign up Idea

Ok im already running a sign up so i aint gonna make this unless my signup runs its course but if anybody else who is gonna carry this through can take this idea if they want

So

The Idea

Its a bit simila to my Create-A- Club challenge but its a sign up. Basically... All teams are removed from the Blue Square Premiership and replaced by teams created by Forum Members. There would be a form for the club with restrictiopns to how it can be made. Probably to keep it similar with the current Blue Square Premier sides. However there isnt much you can change in a team to keep them different so with the teams all made the forum members then have to create a chairman for the club. The creation would be similar to the creation of the players in various sign ups with the forum members deciding how they want their chairman to be.

Im thinking to make this exciting we would have to give the clubs loads of money and a decent reputation so some of them can climb the leagues to the Premiership. Maybe give them all a youth academy too.

Updates would include Transfers in and out, Staff appointments, League screenshots and updates on how they performed in the cup competitions.

Third Team

Someone did that once. Was a great idea.

My cursed Nissan Sunderland just missed out on promotion.

Amateur

Holiday AI Experiment - How far can the perfect staff take a team?

Of course this was partly inspired by kipfizh's classic AI experiment, and Jimbokav's Ass. man experiment, too.

We've seen how a team consisting of the perfect young players did. I've always felt that The Bandits' progress was slowed down by managers not up to the task, and an unambitious chairman.

I've thought about the following, to tes how much effect can the backroom staff have over the club's fortunes.

- "The perfect staff" will be added to the seemingly weakest sides in the English Conference N/S, with maximum attributes in their relevant fields+determination, list the club as a favourite, and have the same way of thinking about the game: same preferrd formation/mentality etc. Their reputation will be as low as it can be. In order not to get poached, they will have very long contracts (I'm thinking about 10 years, if it can be set) and quite high wages. Of course the club's financial state has to be altered a bit, in order to cope with the staff wages.

- The player squad will be as it is at the moment. No changes.

- I'm not sure if it can be done by an outside editor, but if the answer is yes, that could add another aspect. My thought is to set up two different chairmen for the clubs. One like Jesus Gil: the highly ambitious, high-spending, glory hungry chairman, with high interference and very short patience. The other the opposite: not interfering, likes to be hands off and just watch the team evolve - like the board of Auxerre, who left Guy Roux in the manager's seat for something like 40 years.

The questions:

- Given the perfect staff, how much of an advantage can it be for the two team over their divisional rivals? Can the perfect staff take such a lowly team to the Premiership glory and beyond?

- How much superiority does having the perfect manager mean in matches? Is he outsmarting lower league managers with his tactics? Or firing up the squad with well-made team-talks?

- How much of a difference can two differing chairmen mean? Will the highly ambitious chairman give everything he could (players, money, etc.) for the team, and how soon will he lose patience with the perfect staff, if things do not go their way? On the other hand: having a laid-back chairman is ideal for building the team and progressing slowly. But can he hinder the club's progress due to the lack of ambition?

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
    I quite like this idea, and maybe even having a holiday game with a "perfect staff" team (with ordinary / no players - maybe increase its training and youth facilities?) and a "perfect players" team (like in kipfizh's challenge, but have very poor staff and a poor chairman (high interference, etc - maybe start with poor training / youth facilities?), and see which team is more sucsefull. Prob have one team in BSN and one in BSS?

Whilst I have no doubt the perfect players team would perform better initially, it would be interesting to see if the perfect staff would be better long term?

Of course Im too lazy to run this (and am still on FM2007), but if anyone wants to run with it I'd follow it.

Cheers,

Marky Mark

First Team Squad Member

Originally posted by Boskovic:
    My new sign up Idea
    was good when TGB did it, would be very interested.

Part-Timer

Right, I've wanted to do something in this forum for some time, but dont have the imagination to creat a decent challenge
    However, I was thinking of an AI Experiment where (and I have already done the database) I gave every Welsh Premier League club full reputation, 25000 stadius, state of the art training and youth setups and lots of money and see if Wales as a nation becomes the best and who the teams sign. I could do monthly updates or whatever, but I'd love to knowif there would be interest as I dont know whether to bother.

First Team Squad Member

It would be interesting to see how the league reputation works with the club reputation.

Surely the clubs should be to sign good players but could the league reputation hinder it?

Part-Timer

Originally posted by fatski:
    Right, I've wanted to do something in this forum for some time, but dont have the imagination to creat a decent challenge
    However, I was thinking of an AI Experiment where (and I have already done the database) I gave every Welsh Premier League club full reputation, 25000 stadius, state of the art training and youth setups and lots of money and see if Wales as a nation becomes the best and who the teams sign. I could do monthly updates or whatever, but I'd love to knowif there would be interest as I dont know whether to bother.
    I've actually been working on something similar for a couple of weeks now but with broader objectives and a different strategy. If you see 'AI Experiment - Birth of a New Nation' popping up soon, that will be mine.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):
    I've got one for a challenge.

Win at least one game with as many different clubs as possible. You could literally win one match, resign, sign for a new club, win, resign, and so on. I suppose a deadline would be good, like for example 1st Jan 2010.[/QUOTE

Has anything been done for this yet? I'd love to try it.

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

Hey came up with a rough idea for a sign up and wondered if anyone would be interested.

Ten Strikers

The rough idea is to create Ten wonderkids (9 people signed up and myself[I wouldn't be interested if I wasn't in it]) with CP of 90 and PA of -10 in one of ten teams in the premiership (this would be the teams predicted to finish 11th to 20th in the league).

This would be a competative game as all stats would be given a score.
    rough idea -
    Competative Games played - 1pt
    League goals scored - 2pts
    Cup goals scored - 1pt
    Continental goals - 2pts
    MoM (all comps) - 2pts
    International Appearence - 2pts
    International goal friendly - 2pts
    International goal Competition - 3pts

With more points being awarded for various awards. I'd need to do research on these.

I'd run the English leagues and proberlies the top leagues in Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland and maybe France as these would be the most likely destinations if your player was to transfer.

This would also be my first sign up game

Banned

AI Experiment - Flipping England on it's Head

The concept behind this AI experiment is to take the current English league system and flip all the clubs from top to bottom so that the Premiership clubs begin in BS North / South and the current BS North / South clubs play in the Premiership and Championship. So the format of the English League system would now look like this:

Current Format How it would look
    Premiership 20 teams The lowest rep 10 teams from BS North and BS South
    Championship 24 teams The remaining, 12 highest rep teams from BS North and BS South
    League One 24 teams 23 BS Premier teams + Leeds
    League Two 24 teams Stays the same
    BS Premier 24 teams 23 League One teams + the highest rep current BS Premier team.
    BS North 22 teams 12 Northern based Championship clubs + 10 Northern based Prem clubs
    BS South 22 teams 12 Southern based Championship clubs + 10 Southern based Prem clubs

Leeds may or may not need to stay in League One due to a hardcoding element. All the current teams eligible for European competition would be stripped of that right and they would be given to the lowest rep teams now found in the Premiership.
    I would also recommend playing this on a small database with only the English leagues running.

Aim of the experiment
    To see the effects of turning the tables on the current English league system and to see how the big clubs respond to this.
    Do they all go bankrupt?
    Do they all sell their best players asap and do all the good players migrate abroad?
    What happens to the big clubs that don't get promoted from the BS North / South the first season?
    Is the FA Cup going to be won by anybody other than the big 4?
    How do the teams now in the Premiership deal with life in European competitions? - How does this affect the UEFA Coefficients?
    How do the teams now finding themselves in the Premiership respond to this - do they go on a spending spree?
    How does this all affect the reputation of clubs over time?
    Do Leeds get back to the Premierhsip a lot quicker due to their league now having poorer teams?
    Fast forward the game on 5, 10, 20 seasons and how different does the league structure from what it was at the start of the experiment and what the current real life situation is like?

I would say once Genie Scout comes out then this could be a really good experiment if someone did it in quite a bit of detail, ie: Screenshot of each leagues, looking at big name transfers in / out of England, focusing on certain clubs such as a 'big 4' watch or a Leeds United watch etc
    I did this and about 50 years past and there was about 5-10 teams that started in the prem at the first season e.g weston-super mare and i think liverpool were there too

Part-Timer

More of a question really and this seems the most appropriate place...

For my AI Experiment - Birth of a New Nation I am working on the database but I have run out of ideas for club names, town names, and players.

If I wanted to open it up to forum members do you think it would be best for them to suggest them in the [rul=http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5402079792/m/5702035363]thread itself[/url], in a new thread which would be like a sign up, or somewhere else?

Thanks

Youth Team

Has the monthly 1 season challenge idea fallen by the wayside or are we waiting till Jan now?

Semi Pro

Has the monthly 1 season challenge idea fallen by the wayside or are we waiting till Jan now?
    i think Jan would be a good start point. new challenges, new year.
    i would love to take part in monthly challenges, but i dont have 08 yet. however, come after my final GCSEs, i will begin a sign up that will run throughout the summer due to extended holidays (from the end of may till september, or something like that). it will probably either be based in Brazil, in the bottom of the lowest division there, or, it will follow some young players as they follow Borat's trip to the USA, but with a dream of getting their team to the World Cup. after all, Khazakhstan is the greatest nation, so why cant this be represented in terms of football as well?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast