+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,600 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Youth Team

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I have to agree, that sounds like a great experiment

Would be very interesting to see un-fold.

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

Experiment Idea

Just A Few Average Clubs...

The idea is, that 7 clubs are created and placed in the Blue Square Premier. The clubs are creating by finding averages. E.G -

Club 1 - Premier Division FC: This club is based solely on the average of statistics of Premier Division clubs. For example, their reputation will be the average of all current premier division clubs (6850 I think). Their stadium, facilities finances etc would all be the average of the premier division clubs. I found the reputation average by adding them all together and dividing by 20, I'm not sure if it is 6850 exactly, but it was between 6800 and 6900.

This is then repeated for all the playable divisions in the English league.

The idea then, is to see whether in the long term each of the 7 clubs would be in the division they are based on. Would Premier Division FC find themselves in the Premier Division, would Blue Square South FC be in the Blue Square South etc.

I have no interest or time to actually run it, but the idea is out there for someone to try.

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

I'm thinking of remaking my Strictly French Football Sign up.

Link to the failed version

The general idea is as follows.

I get 20 people to sign up. People are paired together through a draw, and then drawn a top flight French team as well.

At the start of each season, I set a specific challenge (e.g Goals scored by the pairing) .I then Holiday through a season. At the end of the season, the team with the lowest average average rating, gets removed.

The next two lowest teams enter the play-off. A combination of the special challenge and votes from the other signupees, lead to another team being removed. There will also be, if I can manage it, a prize for the teams winning.

This then continues for a further 10 seasons (19-29 age wise), until we have a winner!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Amateur

love the idea a lot

Third Team

Sounds good to me weeman

Reserves

I remember that one weeeman. I'll be interested in participating again.

Oh, and why is there no Small club to Big club Africa challenge? I posted here that I was dropping South Africa from my challenge, and there was a bit of interest in the African continent.

First Team Squad Member

I think it's mainly because there aren't any active African leagues, so people may/are put off by the hassle of the downloading of leagues? I'm not really sure tbh.

Third Team

That's potentially quite a good challenge though. You could add some great leagues in Africa. Egypt would be great

Reserves

Most of the African leagues are ready to download in the Editors forum. And there's also a db ready so you can play with real players. I often raid Africa for talent as an Asian club, and I would be interested in playing if anyone creates an African challenge.

Third Team

Return of the Fafeful

Hey Everyone, I haven't really got into FM10 yet following a poor occurance in my budding Big Euro Game, I was playing in a Cup Match and won on penalties for the Bug to strike and to lose in ET. So I am looking at a way to get back into it with a Sign-up now I am posting here for suggestions from people on ideas and other possible suggestions. Now I am going to be running from a lot of ideas and cutting it down, now so many of the sign-ups seem based in England, well mine will not be, I am heading off to the Spiritual Home I found in FM09, with the addition of the Editor I am going to add a realistic Portuguese 3rd Division. And I am going to be taking over AD Fafe, the title of the Sign-up will be "Return of the Fafeful" or something similar, if anyone has a suggestion for a better title go ahead, the only real idea I have right now as going with the idea of being Fafeful would mean that obviously all the Players would have a Loyalty of 20. I would be looking at taking on about 16 sign-ups with the possibility for good followers to be able to take over a Regen that comes through.
    So we have AD Fafe, 20 Loyalty, and the rest would probably be decided from my sign-up form. What I am asking for from all here is a few ideas for any extra things that could be added to the sign-up that might make the whole idea a bit more fun for everyone, whether I include a scoring system. So just looking for some additional ideas if anyone would like to help me out.

Youth Team
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.

I think the format is fine as it is really mate, I seem to remember wisla? starting one similar based in Northern Ireland? which was good whilst it lasted. It means you just have follow all the players and team as a whole and then hopefully as many as possible remain with the club. Sometimes the simplest ideas work the best and there's no need to complicate them.

EDIT: A quick search found that very sign-up if that's the sort of thing you're after.
    Last edited by Whoopy D; 15-12-2009 at 09:58.

Third Team

Thanks Whoopy, I actually remember that one of Wisla's and would hope to be able to provide something like the level he kept up until it failed. And I will definitely look around for other tips to a good sign-up, after my first attempt failed miserably (Outcasts), it was too much work doing a club sign-up I think that a players sign-up starting at the bottom with myself managing the team will be a much better way to go about it. I hope no-one minds, but I will be looking to other sign-ups for a few ideas, I will try to credit these additions as best I can. I will get to work on it tomorrow after work. (17 hours or so from now) First step is add the next level down in Portugal so we have somewhere to start, will try to make it as realistic as possible.

Third Team

Certainly interested LLR, Sporting Lisburn was brilliant while it lasted and I loved the tales of Fafe!!!

Third Team

I'd definitely get on board with that LLR. Its worth checking the editors forum for Portuguese league xml's as they are usually done fairly professionally there.

EDIT: Hmm no sign after a quick search for the 3rd tier, but there is a Madeira League

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ght=portuguese
    Last edited by iacovone; 15-12-2009 at 14:20.

Third Team

Yeah I already looked there and have seen there is no league created for the third tier, so I am going to have to create that myself. Thanks for the help guys, I will definitely be going with this as my idea. Lets go Fafe.

Third Team

Sounds like a fantastic idea LLR I followed your story with Fafe on FM09 in what was JoseRR's challenge last year, without really posting at all.

Third Team

Well guys, I am getting started on this, but I need some help, does anyone know what the rules actually are for the Portuguese 3rd Division? Any Cup competitions etc, because the only site I can find is in Portuguese and that makes it really hard to work out.

Third Team

Well the thread is open, Return of the Fafeful, Hope you all come and join me. I have managed to find a rough idea of the rules for the Third Division, but if I can't find more I may end up adding a few of my own in there if needed. Will just make it a pretty standard league and base it off the 2nd Division if I fail to find the true rules.

Reserves

Okay, thanks to inspiration from Des about his Fafe signup, I thought of a new challenge (since after my experience with FM: A New World signups, I realize I can never finish them )

SI Youth Projects/Legends Challenge (SC2BC Challenges All-Stars Challenge?)

This idea is something similar to the Real London CSE challenge last year, except this one is based on the well known legends in CSE. So what if Danny Roberts and Andrew Smylie played together? What if all the legends and Youth HOFamers played together?

I plan to include all the legends/youth projects that CSE have seen in this challenge, but then I realize, we have Roberts, Smylie, John Adam, Kevin Fry, Liu Lijia, Zhu Jinhui, and probably a couple other well known candidates from other challenges who can play striker! Too many strikers and not enough GKs!

So my second thought: why not create two teams? Or one for each challenge, and if there's not enough numbers for some teams, open it as a signup and let some people add in the numbers.

Proposed teams:

dafuge's Challenge All-Stars
    Gundo's Challenge All-Stars
    Big Euro Challenge All-Stars
    rancer890's Challenge All-Stars
    Razer82's Challenge All-Stars

and maybe...

San Marino Double Challenge All-Stars

Another question I thought to myself is: do I just setup these players with their names and personal information, and leave the stats random, or try to re-create these players as close as I can to the real ones? And what league should I put them (I thinking of a World Superleague and just replacing one of the teams)?

What do you guys think about this? I have a lot of ideas but can't really put them together.

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

2nd one is a great idea Rancer.

First Team Squad Member

I think you should create them using all of their stats. If there's only 5 teams then it shouldn't take that long imo.

Third Team

That would be spectacular and a hell of a lot of fun, Javier, Radakovic, Cilona & others leading the Big Euro team would be spectacular, surely we couldn't fail. I love the idea Rancer and might just give it a nostalgic shot

Reserves

Oh, and if I decide to create the five teams, Roberts (dafuge's challenge) and Smylie (Gundo's challenge) won't actually be in the same team...

roberto922

Smylie Wallace partnership?

Third Team

Such an epic idea

Reserves

I plan to include all the legends/youth projects that CSE have seen in this challenge, but then I realize, we have Roberts, Smylie, John Adam, Kevin Fry, Liu Lijia, Zhu Jinhui, and probably a couple other well known candidates from other challenges who can play striker!
    Gives me a spin-off idea. Find the lowest reputation league and then get all the greatest CSE players and put them in it? Nep always said it was the weakness of the league that made his players so great. Imagine how good Roberts would have been in that league?

Third Team

The NZFC :P Or otherwise the option would be to find the smallest rep nation and recreate their league. There is no doubt that playing in Northern Ireland is what made their numbers sooo huge.

Third Team

That's a brilliant idea rancer Brennan and Roberts would destroy everyone else!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Who?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    200 CA/PA for Brennan?

Reserves

Modest as always Tom

Reserves

Small Club to Big Club All-Stars Challenge

There will be 3 stages before I can actually start:
    1. The Players: Gathering all the All-Stars from the various challenges and accurately creating them
    2. The Clubs: Creating club setups, coaches, and the like
    3. The League: where to actually start the challenge...
    NOTE: I am open to make it a minor signup, and let 5-10 players start out as newgens at the 5 clubs.

The Aim: To Bring one of the 5 Small Club to Big Club All-Stars to global glory!

The Setup: I am thinking of a World League database, but I don't know which one is stable. I also want to put them in the lowest division, but they all might get mad and want to move to bigger clubs...

I am thinking of either Kenco's, El Ricardo's, or WW's world leagues.

And they will have the same rules as the other challenges in this forum.

The 3 stages:

Players:

This is not a first-come first-served process like other signups. Firstly, you must provide proof your player actually exists, so I need a screenshot. Secondly, I would like to recreate your players as close to real life as possible. So I would prefer to know the player's personal information, including their hidden stats, as close to the real life counterpart as possible. If you don't know, I'll set the specific stat to 15, since your player had to be good somehow right? (since I don't want to leave it at 0, and have it randomized). Thirdly, since all players come at different times, you can choose whatever year in your players' career to start, so I would recommend that you choose your players to be in their prime...

Roster limit: will probably be around 20-25 players, with 3-4 GKs, 6-8 defenders, 6-8 midfielders, and 5 strikers. Only the best will be taken. And do note: the HOFamers in Neppo's Youth Project will get automatic entry. You just need to nominate the player, and he'll be added to the team.

dafuge's challenge

Gundo's challenge

Big Euro challenge

rancer890's challenge

Razer82's challenge

I will also be open to allowing 5-10 newgens per club. And please note, you're a 16 year old. If you set it too early like 2010, you will never get a game. Because Mr. Danny Roberts will be playing 100% of the time.

As for their contract status. I might just give them 20 year contracts. And all players will set to 20 as loyalty, so they don't leave the club. And maybe set to hate all the big clubs.

The clubs:

Each club will probably have 15 training facilities and 15 youth facilities with youth academy to start (they'll all get to 20 and 20 eventually anyways ). They will obviously be Professional. I will probably set their reputation from the start at around 5000-6000 (or maybe higher?). The chairman will have favourable stats so players won't get sold over your head, but will not be a sugar daddy. All clubs will start off with a perfect manager (200 CA/PA), since the players' manager (aka you) was probably very talented as well. But no other staff.

The league:

I prefer a world league, but not something with too many subdivisions, because some may not have the computer requirements. This is the only part I'm undecided.

-----------

Signup sheet

Players

Code:
    Name:
    Personal Information (screenshot preferred, and doesn't have to be take at the same time as the attributes screenshot):
    Positions (screenshot preferred, and doesn't have to be take at the same time as the attributes screenshot):
    Nationality:
    Screenshot of Attributes:
    Hidden Attributes (screenshot preferred, or everything will be set at 15):
    Why should he be a SC2BC all-star?: 

Newgens
    Code:
    Name:
    Nationality:
    Year to enter:
    Team to enter:

And please note, if you're chosen to be one of the players, you can't choose to have a newgen as well. Only choose one of the signup sheets.

----

Phew...that took a while. I just need a league to start in, and I'll be fine.

Youth Team

Hi folks.

I have been running a sign-up 'Top2Bottom' for a while now and it's a good laugh. Basically, people have created their own teams from scratch and now are just sitting back and watching how their sides do. Hope some of you have seen or are enjoying being part of it.

Was thinking the other week that it would be excellent to post the database up and set some mini-challenges to do from the game. Basically, I was hoping that folk could give me some advice about what I'd need to upload (the database is just an edited one but with some chairman/managers added) to do this and whether you think it would work.

First Team Squad Member

I presume you just need to upload the editor data to a site like megaupload/filefront etc.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    I presume you just need to upload the editor data to a site like megaupload/filefront etc.
    Thats what I thought but wanted confirmation!

Amateur

Oceania Challenge or Africa challenge could be good... Also more extended challenges could be good.. Because nearly all european leagues now has also lower leagues setup and extended verions not allowed most of the european challenges...

Third Team

Hey Ozzy, In the other European leagues they seem to just all be shoved in together. I had to recreate an entire set of divisions for the Portguese Third Division for my sign-up.

I personally think if someone wants to create the leagues realistically then Africa or Oceania would be a great one.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kenco View Post
    I'm planning to create a giant World League (depending on the new editor's capabilities), which once completed has the potential for various challenges/experiments. Eventually I might post this in here as a possible relatively small to big club challenge, as long as I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes in doing so.

It has the potential for you to take any club in the world (PC processor permitting) from relative unknowns to true World Champions.

Would people in the CSE forum be interested in something like this?

p.s. please note this is still in early planning stages at present, and is still a way off production. I have a thread in the Editor's Hideaway if you are interested in details, link below:

http://www.community.sigames.com/sho...d.php?t=158032

Following on from my idea of 2 months ago, I finally have a database ready for use. Would people be interested in this type of challenge? If so, I will start one.

First Team Squad Member

I think its popularity will depend on whether people think it is better than WW's one

Amateur

My new idea is based on drafting & auctioning. It would only work for network games as you need to edit the DB yourself once every1 has drafted in their players.
    Rules:
    • Teams must have 21-23 players
    • Each team has a budget of ú150m
    The players who are auctioned can be decided in two ways:
    • The host picks the players and shows the list to some of the members prior to the auction to make sure he hasn't missed any obvioius players
    OR
    • Each participant goes in turn in naming a player and he is auctioned on the spot until each member has 21-23 players in their team.

Do u think I should change anything or does seem good

Third Team

I think its popularity will depend on whether people think it is better than WW's one
    That's true, I may just post it as an alternative to WW's, I was thinking of running some kind of sign-up with it, but my creative mind is missing and I can't think of anything interesting!

Amateur
    Pontefract, yep thats right you\'ve never heard of it.

I was thinking of doing a sign-up that will involve lots of participation. Basically it involves one of you guys (chairman) creating a club and then appointing a manager from the people who have signed up to play as managers. The chairman will be given full control of the club e.g. hiring and firing, allocating budgets, and whether they want to upgrade their training youth or stadium (at a cost of course). The manager will be in charge of the team, the match day squad etc... Signings and generally everything that you are usually allowed to do as a manager in the game. The manager will also appoint an assistant manager who is also the scout, they will be in charge of assisting the manager in reccomendations formation etc... and will also be able to give me a list of five people an in game week who they would like their manager to scout and possibly sign.

This will be run on my computer and i will give you all the information you would want to know. It will probably be run as soon as possible but will be slow until the 15th January when all my work is handed in after Christmas. Would there be much interest?

First Team Squad Member

I personally think it involves too much participation, it would be an absolute nightmare if even one person signed up and never looked in the thread again.

Amateur

Well then that place would go up for someone else in the forum to take on, would you yourself be interested.

Amateur

I was thinking of trying to do a FM10 version of corinthiano's fantastic agent sign-up and I wondered what people would think of it. It would be quite similar in style to the original as it was expertly done by him but he didn't seem as if he'd want to do a FM10 version.

Here is the fantastic original

First Team Squad Member

That was an amazing sign up, easily the best and most under-rated of the FM09 imo.

Third Team

That sign-up was simply incredible, but a lot of committment is needed to it, a massive amount of time!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PluckaDuck View Post
    That sign-up was simply incredible, but a lot of committment is needed to it, a massive amount of time!
    I am aware and I don't know if I can update as regularly as he did but I can give it a good go
    Would you be interested in being in this version as well both of you?

Third Team

For sure, wouldn't miss it for the world!

Part-Timer

I missed out on the first one, so I'd definitely be interested

Amateur

I'll put you two down as reserved places if it does go ahead (which is looking quite likely)

First Team Squad Member

I'd definitely be interested, if it is half as good as the last one it will be a great sign up.

Amateur

I'll reserve you a place too I will aim to have it up and running this evening

Amateur

Sorry for double post but the new sign-up has been started. 8 places left at this moment.

Youth Team

I thought it would be good if we had another community club thing, like Real London CSE. I thought the club used in Roy of the Rovers would be good. Melchester.

I wouldn't be able to upload the database and do the technical things but I'd be more than happy to help decide on which league they should go in and other decisions.

Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    I thought it would be good if we had another community club thing, like Real London CSE. I thought the club used in Roy of the Rovers would be good. Melchester.

I wouldn't be able to upload the database and do the technical things but I'd be more than happy to help decide on which league they should go in and other decisions.

Anyone interested?
    Yeah sounds great.

Youth Team

Would you be able to make the database?

Should I make an ideas thread about it? Or even an official thread about it?

I was thinking of putting Melchester into the Blue Square North or South league, with a 2000 rep and a budget that would allow you to buy a full team.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    I was thinking of putting Melchester into the Blue Square North or South league, with a 2000 rep and a budget that would allow you to buy a full team.
    The idea of Real London CSE was that the team was provided in the form of the users of CSE. When you suggest a 'community club thing', are you sure you mean that at all?

Amateur

I have an idea of a sign up using elements of NFL, and the draft system. Using the new editor I would create a new international cup consisting of at least 16 team international teams. (4 groups of 4). The top team of each group would go through to the knockout rounds etc... and compete to win the 'superbowl'.

Now at the end of the season and reset date of the league (which will be the latest of the top leagues to allow regens to come through). There will be the draft, where rookies (regens) will enter the draft for you to choose. There would be two rounds of drafts so each team will get three draft picks. Using FMRTE I will find which regens to choose to go into the draft. Some will be immense and some will be poor, some will have good CA some will have low CA etc... And using FMRTE I will change their nation to the nation that drafted them. The draft will be ordered in the same way as NFL, the worst team being given first draft pick and the winner of the superbowl being given last pick. The only issue I see here is that the rookies may lack the initial CA to have any impact on your international teams initially. I would like suggestions as to how to combat this, I could either use lowly ranked nations throughout the tournament meaning that the players would probably fit in quite easily or give them a CA boost to around the level of your squad, however this would really defeat the object of having picked a poor player. At the end of the season we will vote for best rookie of the season, MVP and coach of the year.

Also during the group stage of the tournament you would be allowed to trade players for draft picks other players or pretty much anything you wanted.

Any ideas or interest welcome.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by mocko666 View Post
    I have an idea of a sign up using elements of NFL, and the draft system. Using the new editor I would create a new international cup consisting of at least 16 team international teams. (4 groups of 4). The top team of each group would go through to the knockout rounds etc... and compete to win the 'superbowl'.
    I love the idea, I was looking at doing something similar for the NHL, I love the idea of trying to use the structure from other sports in a football way and see what comes out of it. I was actually thinking of ways to make it work. Love the idea.

Third Team

mocko - you could actually put the teams into the MLS and use their rules, then you could operate the draft as normal - showing users the draft matches and how the players got on. Users could then ask for reports on a few players and go from there. Its not perfect but its an idea. I do like your idea though, hope you find a way to work it!

Amateur

Ok i'll be working on it right away. Ive never been into the USA leagues, and doing it that way I wouldn't really want it to turn into a giant online MLS game i'd like to use the editor with its new capabilities to add a spin to it. But as long as the idea gets interest I would be definately run it. What I am going to do is have a look at the MLS rules and run a quick holiday game i the MLS and see how it works. Ill hope to have conclusive ideas by Sunday. Watching the NFL games tonight so won't have time but if I can forget about work for abit.
    Last edited by mocko666; 09-01-2010 at 19:51.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    The idea of Real London CSE was that the team was provided in the form of the users of CSE. When you suggest a 'community club thing', are you sure you mean that at all?
    Well, I was thinking of a community thing with the signup challenge I had proposed here (the All Stars one), but there's been less interest than I expected.

I had originally thought of creating more teams, but that would depend on the number of player nomination entries I would get, which isn't alot atm. Not sure tbh why no one has been nominating anyone, with the amount of people finishing up the challenges. Only hamilton162 has nominated his players for dafuge's challenge, and no one else...

Third Team

It's always the way - one of life's mysteries. Perhaps people are just really lazy! Have you tried PMing people encouraging them to nominate x player?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Well, I was thinking of a community thing with the signup challenge I had proposed here (the All Stars one), but there's been less interest than I expected.

I had originally thought of creating more teams, but that would depend on the number of player nomination entries I would get, which isn't alot atm. Not sure tbh why no one has been nominating anyone, with the amount of people finishing up the challenges. Only hamilton162 has nominated his players for dafuge's challenge, and no one else...
    I've deleted my FM09 game and have yet to really get attached to many of the players in my FM10 game. Give me another ten or so seasons and I'm sure I'll have a few players to enter.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I've deleted my FM09 game and have yet to really get attached to many of the players in my FM10 game. Give me another ten or so seasons and I'm sure I'll have a few players to enter.
    So you should have some sorted by tomorrow then?

Youth Team

In another bid to up the activity/community of CSE, I'm thinking of running a weekly challenges thing.

We all know that it has been done before etc, but I don't think it has been done for FM10 yet.

Was it minisav who used to run it?

Shall I give it a go?

Challenges consist of a points table for how well you do, and would be stuff like keep this club up, stay in the job, win the playoffs, stay up without spending any money.

Third Team

A weekly challenge thing is a good idea, as long as you don't have every challenge being season long.

I know I for one struggle to complete a season in a week.

Oh and FWIW, I was thinking about bringing back my CSE Enrichment at easter

Linky-poo for those who can't remember.

Amateur

I think the easiest way to do the drafting would be manually. By creating the competition in another league which is currently unused. Now it is just whether to use club or international teams. I was thinking it would be a good idea to allow you to create your club. What do you think after going through the MLS a season it seems a much less complicated way of doing it, and allows many more good players to draft.

Thoughts?

Youth Team

A weekly challenge thing is a good idea, as long as you don't have every challenge being season long.
    Yeah, I though the same weeman.

Some will be as short as a month or two, but others will be half seasons, with maybe one special two week one being a season, which is reasonable IMO.

Expect the first to be up on Wednesday (maybe before, maybe afterwards) (basically soon)

And, I expect some of the regulars to have a go as well to see if we can get the community going in it

Youth Team

Can anyone find the original weekly challenges threads?

I want to see how they were run and how I can improve this, but I can't find them for the life of me.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    It's always the way - one of life's mysteries. Perhaps people are just really lazy! Have you tried PMing people encouraging them to nominate x player?
    Well, I think that's the resort I'm left with. I know a lot of people aren't willing to find the hidden attributes of various players since challenge rules dictate that you're not allowed, but I request this because I want to recreate players as accurately as I can.

I'll first be PM'ing the SC2BC creator(s), and then will probably be PM'ing individuals who I know to be worthy of making the squad (like Smylie for example, and users who have Neppo's youth hall of famers, which I have said they will make the teams). Although, I'm realistically aiming to release this at the same time as when Paul releases his experiment (or challenge?) with the greatest SC2BC teams competing against each other, which is when FM11 comes out.

In a perfect world though, I would like to make more teams (and thus have more players) and put all the teams in one league. I'm thinking of expanding to include San Marino and Andorra but those threads haven't been very active this year.

Nonetheless, I'm not in a great rush right now considering I'm busy with uni and teaching nowadays. It's more of something to think about after getting back into rhythm at uni with alot of coursework already...

At the end of signup stage, I will be involving dafuge, Gundo, Razer, and iacovone/rlipscombe/LowerLeaguesRule for deciding on the final 25 team roster (while I will of course decide on my own challenge). It's quite ambitious, but I'm up for it.
    Last edited by rancer890; 09-01-2010 at 23:15.

Third Team

I will submit some more players at some point soon Rancer, I think its a great idea and I will also get the details on my players as well for you. The other option if they don't want to give you the hidden stats themselves is that they could send you a save game for their players, then you can go through and get all the details, right?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    I will submit some more players at some point soon Rancer, I think its a great idea and I will also get the details on my players as well for you. The other option if they don't want to give you the hidden stats themselves is that they could send you a save game for their players, then you can go through and get all the details, right?
    Yes, you can send your save game to someone else and then send me the hidden data.

And I don't mind getting the save game, but it has to be either FM09 or FM10, as I don't have FM08 installed on my laptop. (lost the FM08 disk somewhere actually...)

My strong preference is to get enough players to maybe create more teams in different regions or specific countries so I can create an entirely new league. It all depends on the number of players the CSE community nominates.

Third Team

Well if you like, I will nominate all my Fafe stars as this will give you a great start towards a Portuguese team

Amateur

I had a thought for another challenge - I know that back in FM08 someone tried something similar to this, but I'm not sure if it's been tried since then. With the World Cup imminent, I thought it might be time to try another international management challenge. I was thinking about something like this:

The goal is to win a continental championship (African Cup of Nations, Asian Cup, Gold Cup, Copa America, OFC Nations Cup or European Championship), the Confederations Cup, and the World Cup in your career. You must initially take over a low ranked nation (I was thinking below 100th in the world rankings), but you are allowed to apply for jobs with other nations whenever vacancies occur - if they hire you, you can move. Obviously, we'll all be more impressed if you win the World Cup with Armenia than if you win it with Argentina, but if you can get Argentina to hire you, it's fair game.

I think the previous international challenge I'm remembering faltered a little bit because it was so difficult to make progress with your tiny nation, and you weren't able to move on to a bigger nation. With my challenge, your aim is more to perform well enough to attract the attention of a bigger nation - maybe performing well enough with your Liberia side at the African Cup of Nations will attract the attention of the Ivory Coast or Ghana, which could get you into the World Cup where a good performance would give you the chance to manage Germany, etc.

Any interest in this? Or is it just me?

Reserves

I quite like international management. Hence my own challenge which was mildly successful.

Belgium are always one I wanted to do something with.

Part-Timer

I'd probably have a go at that, need a challenge to get me back into FM

Youth Team

There's been a fair amount of sign-ups quite recently based around tv shows, so what do we think about a cross between FM and The Crystal Maze? For anyone who doesn't know what it is, you can read about it here

First Team Squad Member

I can't remember ever watching Crystal Maze, from what I read on wikipedia it said it's similar to Fort Boyard and I used to enjoy that. I'd be interested to see how you went about mixing FM with that concept of game show though

Reserves

Crystal Maze \o/

Yeah, sounds more like there would be a captain. He would nominate somebody for say a skill game which would involve passing by x amount of defenders? Physical being amount of tackles. Could be match by match or even seasonal I suppose.

Third Team

I can't remember ever watching Crystal Maze, from what I read on wikipedia it said it's similar to Fort Boyard and I used to enjoy that. I'd be interested to see how you went about mixing FM with that concept of game show though

Fort Boyard? That show had nothing Crystal Maze, Richard O'Brien was a legend! Count me in.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by minisav View Post
    Crystal Maze \o/

Yeah, sounds more like there would be a captain. He would nominate somebody for say a skill game which would involve passing by x amount of defenders? Physical being amount of tackles. Could be match by match or even seasonal I suppose.
    Spot on really, I was thinking match by match. My only concern is that because only one team can be playing at a time the people not playing may lose interest.
    Last edited by Whoopy D; 13-01-2010 at 00:03.

Youth Team

The Weekly Challenges are coming up in the next 15 minutes!

Can someone tell me how you set a nickname of your manager?

Third Team

I don't think you can in '10.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    The Weekly Challenges are coming up in the next 15 minutes!

Can someone tell me how you set a nickname of your manager?
    don't think that is possible. I think you have to do it via an editor.

Youth Team

Cheers for the quick responses guys

Thats ****. Not going to bother with an editor.

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

You can on 10.2. Top right corner when on the manager profile screen.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ssestig View Post
    You can on 10.2. Top right corner when on the manager profile screen.
    well whatta ya know I didn't know that

Third Team

You can use the thing where you add a manager which lets you just be called by your first name on the add manager screen

Youth Team

I've uploaded it now but cheers anyway

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Most of the African leagues are ready to download in the Editors forum. And there's also a db ready so you can play with real players. I often raid Africa for talent as an Asian club, and I would be interested in playing if anyone creates an African challenge.
    Looks like all the leagues are available to download here (site is in Spanish, but Google Translate tells you everything you need to know). I've downloaded them and played a few test games in different leagues and everything seems to work fine. I don't have fantastically in-depth knowledge of African football, but everything seems in line with Wikipedia, at least!

And as rancer said - this database is available if people want to add a bunch more players to their game.

Don't want to step on any toes, but I'll happily get this going if people are interested?

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

Quote Originally Posted by iseemonsters1 View Post
    Looks like all the leagues are available to download here (site is in Spanish, but Google Translate tells you everything you need to know). I've downloaded them and played a few test games in different leagues and everything seems to work fine. I don't have fantastically in-depth knowledge of African football, but everything seems in line with Wikipedia, at least!

And as rancer said - this database is available if people want to add a bunch more players to their game.

Don't want to step on any toes, but I'll happily get this going if people are interested?
    I say get it going ... I'd defo have a go and i'm sure some others have expressed an interest awhile ago.

Youth Team

Last year on FM09, I put up a challenge called the 'Gang of Four' challenge. Basically the idea was to take charge of a team in each of the four English leagues, play for five seasons and end with the four teams making as much progress as possible by the end. Points would be awarded for winning different trophies etc ...

Would anybody be interesting in it if I put it out there?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Chip Butty View Post
    Last year on FM09, I put up a challenge called the 'Gang of Four' challenge. Basically the idea was to take charge of a team in each of the four English leagues, play for five seasons and end with the four teams making as much progress as possible by the end. Points would be awarded for winning different trophies etc ...

I remember that, I liked the idea but never had time to do it because of my long term games.

It is the same again this year, I won't be able to play it but I'd be interested in reading about how people are getting on with it.

Amateur

Would like to give the 4 division game a go! Would we get to choose who we are?

Part-Timer
    Michigan/New York (depends on time of year)

I am looking for a game to get into, so that would definitely be one I would consider playing, can't just be doing sign-ups all the time, lol

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Chip Butty View Post

I remember giving this a shot last year but never finishing it. I don't know if I will get a chance this year but it would defiantly be interesting to read how people are going.

Youth Team

Yeah, the idea was to pick any four from the divisions and use loans/finances/signings/interaction etc to ensure all did well.

I might decide to limit the teams in some way. It would probably be incredibly easy to use Man City/Big Four, Newcastle, Leeds and Notts County for example. Maybe if I chose a list of a few teams from each division and you could only choose two of these overall?

Amateur

or you could do something like this :

Top 4 + Man City X 1.0 Points
    Spurs, A.Villa, Everton X1.5
    Etc.

do you know what i mean?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast