+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,500 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

roberto922

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Since I'm likely to be playing your challenge with the added leagues I wouldn't mind setting up the challenge thread.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Since I'm likely to be playing your challenge with the added leagues I wouldn't mind setting up the challenge thread.
    As long as you are comfortable with setting up the editor files, I have a feeling there will be a lot of work to do.

Third Team

I have no problem with it going back to GD this year, so long as I know where to find it.

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

How does everyone feel about the records thread?

Would anyone mind if it moved back to GD?
    It's probably better off there since it will get a lot more attention from people who wouldn't normally have know where to look for it, or looked for it all together.

roberto922

Yeah sure, how many levels should we go down? I was thinking just go down 3 levels and let everyone decide which level they start from, or would it be better to start from a set level?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Yeah sure, how many levels should we go down? I was thinking just go down 3 levels and let everyone decide which level they start from, or would it be better to start from a set level?
    I think a choice would be good, but only down to a certain level, I don't think it is worth going down too far.

Charlton Athletic Researcher

Whoever ends up setting up the edited version of dafuge's challenge, I'd suggest you like at using Super Bladesman's file (assuming he's happy for it to be used for it or isn't setting up his own challenge). He's been working on it during beta testing and it'll be released when FM 2010 is out on Friday. Will mean the challenge can be set up quickly and it should be accurate. As he's a mod and beta tester, I'd trust him to not sneak in anything unrealistic with the editor (e.g. add himself in a random county league club with 200 PA, or give a county league club a sugardaddy).

Since he's trying to make the most realistic and accurate English file, there's probably no point someone else doing the same work all over again, to just get the same result. He'd no doubt have had time to test it as he's worked on it. With all the rules to set up, and the way the game handles different things, it was never going to be something that can be done quickly with little testing.

He's talked about it in a few threads, here's one of them - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...nd#post3986437

roberto922

Yeah I was gonna post in here about it, I'd read about it in the OTF FM10 thread, it'd definitely be the best route forward imo

Third Team

I'm planning to create a giant World League (depending on the new editor's capabilities), which once completed has the potential for various challenges/experiments. Eventually I might post this in here as a possible relatively small to big club challenge, as long as I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes in doing so.

It has the potential for you to take any club in the world (PC processor permitting) from relative unknowns to true World Champions.

Would people in the CSE forum be interested in something like this?

p.s. please note this is still in early planning stages at present, and is still a way off production. I have a thread in the Editor's Hideaway if you are interested in details, link below:

http://www.community.sigames.com/sho...d.php?t=158032
    Last edited by Kenco; 28-10-2009 at 13:17. Reason: added link

Amateur

I was thinking of making a sign-up called the REAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - Who is the best at predictions?

I would create a league with the top teams (based on reputation) from around the world
    The number of the clubs would depend on what the editor allows
    Then everyone who wants would predict the scores from a league day and get points depending on their accuracy

Basically something like this only with all the best clubs in the world

Part-Timer
    Michigan/New York (depends on time of year)

Alright, here is what I was thinking for the sign-up that I want to create. Since I am unable to shift around the nation's continents, I am going to change a random Caribbean nation to a "CSE" Nation. I am going to create 3 leagues of at least 10 teams, (the actual number will depend on the interest, but I am hoping to get at least 30 teams), and each team will have a certain amount of money to buy players, I will provide screenshots of the values. All teams will also create 2 players for their team as a start to this nation. The leagues of this nation will hopefully be placed in Europe, and thus, get into the European Champions League, if that is impossible I will probably change Malta or another small European nation.

Thoughts?

First Team Squad Member

I think the initial 'draft' for players will have to be well thought out, with 30 teams it could get extremely chaotic. It seems like a decent idea though and if run well will be a popular sign up imo.

Part-Timer

The draft would be much like my England Takeover sign-up where each team will be given a certain amount of money with which to purchase a 22 man squad

Youth Team

Could I reserve a spot because that sounds great.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by spartans5 View Post
    The draft would be much like my England Takeover sign-up where each team will be given a certain amount of money with which to purchase a 22 man squad
    so that would be, what, a 660 player draft?!?!

Good luck with that

Part-Timer

I never said it wasn't ambitious, , and I will be able to keep track of it, b/c every team won't be able to purchase every player as they will only have a certain amount of money.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    so that would be, what, a 660 player draft?!?!

Good luck with that
    The draft in my sign up had a more than that in it.

First Team Squad Member

but he has 10 extra teams?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_296 View Post
    The draft in my sign up had a more than that in it.
    Not sure how many players your draft had in it Robert... all I remember was that it was a pain in the ass to try and sort out!

Third Team

I added more players in because it would go on forever if every player in the draft had to go. Some players like Steven Gerrard weren't signed by anyone!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Walcott\'s Wonderkids View Post
    Not sure how many players your draft had in it Robert... all I remember was that it was a pain in the ass to try and sort out!
    Which I am very grateful to you for

First Team Squad Member

oh, I just meant that 660 players would eventually be 'assigned', I don't know how many players he will use in total.

but yes Robert, your draft was absolutely epic!

Third Team

And I never even managed to complete two seasons of it I'll write up an ending to the second attempt at some point, but there isn't any point to have a transfer season if everyone's now on 10?

Third Team

I just don't understand what make this idea different from the similar things that are already running/have run.

First Team Squad Member

I just don't understand what make this idea different from the similar things that are already running/have run.
    it does sound similar to Robert_296's sign up, with the exception that there are potentially 3 divisions. I think when run well, the 'draft' sign up will work and be popular because it's exciting to pick players for a team of your own. I agree that it doesn't seem particularly different from other things already being run though.

roberto922

player drafts are one of those things, like the fantasy league, where I think the effort isn't worth the reward, run properly they would be brilliant but it takes a ridculous amount of time and effort to make one of that size, whch afaic makes it completely impractical

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

it does sound similar to Robert_296's sign up, with the exception that there are potentially 3 divisions. I think when run well, the 'draft' sign up will work and be popular because it's exciting to pick players for a team of your own. I agree that it doesn't seem particularly different from other things already being run though.
    To be quite frank though, I don't think having the same idea really matters.

I mean two of the most popular threads are Dafuge's and Gundo's challenges, which are almost identical.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by weeeman27bob View Post
    To be quite frank though, I don't think having the same idea really matters.

I mean two of the most popular threads are Dafuge's and Gundo's challenges, which are almost identical.
    If the quality of the sign up is good enough, then whether the idea has been done or not doesn't really matter like you said. Although it is always nice to see something new being done.

Part-Timer

Its more of a combination of the "draft" type sign-up and the create a player and watch a new national team rise. The idea being teams will watch their club rise in the domestic league, their individual players excel for the national team, the national team excel on the international stage, and maybe their youth players become world beaters.

Third Team

I was thinking more along the lines of GCB's current sign-up.

There isn't a problem in having the same idea, it's just that the potential rewards are limited moreso because it's a used and possibly overused format.

First Team

Ok, despite the fact last seasons version of the "Real London CSE" challenge flopped hard, would anyone be up for it in FM10? Added bonus being, you would start in the Lowest possible league (Level 10).

Semi Pro

I'd like to say yes, but for the next few months i'll be invested in my Leeds save. Although, I would start it when my interest starts to falter.

roberto922

I would but not for a couple of months

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    Ok, despite the fact last seasons version of the "Real London CSE" challenge flopped hard, would anyone be up for it in FM10? Added bonus being, you would start in the Lowest possible league (Level 10).
    I'd love to see this return, but I'm not sure if I'd find the time to play it properly, it depends how my current game goes.

First Team

I'll leave it until the new year, at the very least. I want to get my own save going on FM10 anyway

Semi Pro

That's good then. I'm glad to hear it's making a return. On a side note, is there going to be any sort of thread to do with the achievements available through Steam? Or is that something noone is really a fan of? I don't even know how to find them...

Third Team

Yes, I was struggling to find them. I know I have at least three though

Semi Pro

I have three. You need to go on to your Steam profile, then click on game stats for FM10.

Reserves

I have 11 out of 60.

Pretty cool it tells how many hours I spent on it...nearly 3 full days just playing the game.

Third Team

I'd urge people to check out Spartan5's new sign up.

It looks very good, and although it took me an age to sign up, it looks fantastic.

First Team Squad Member

just looking at the sign up sheet made my head hurt

Third Team

just looking at the sign up sheet made my head hurt
    Managing to get Fabregas, Aguero, Sliva, Mata and Camacho in one team for under 100 million was worth it though

roberto922

It was just one of those signups where I thought it looked promising but then scrolled through the signup sheet and once I reached the bottom I just thought **** it

I have 11 achievements btw

Part-Timer

I understand the sign-up sheet is long, and it will take time, but it doesn't need to be all done at once, in fact, it might even be easier for me if it isn't. But I think its the best way to make sure people will stay active, because it took a lot of work to do the sheet.

First Team Squad Member

The Roy Hodgson Journeyman Challenge

This is my idea for a new challenge and I wanted to get some opinions on it. If there is enough interest, and people think it is a good enough idea, I will start this up.

Essentially, Roy has been one of our (England's) best managerial exports in the modern game, managing in six different countries and also managing three different national teams.

I would propose loading the following countries (number of leagues from each to be decided but two top from each would probably suffice):
    Sweden
    Denmark
    Norway
    Switzerland
    Italy
    England

Plus loading in all players from U.A.E. and Finland (Hodgson managed their national sides).

I would not prescribe a career pathway or even what clubs should be managed, as I feel that would be limiting. I would only suggest that individuals start their managerial career as an unemployed manager with automatic reputation. Then, the challenge would be to win a major domestic trophy in each country (i.e. either the league or the domestic cup) before moving on to another country. You would, essentially, tick off each country (e.g. I win the Swedish title, so therefore I can tick off the Swedish leg of the challenge and move on to one of the other countries). In several cases, the manager might start out in the second division of the league and have to work his/her way up to the top flight by building up their team or jumping ship to another team in the same country. I also propose an international 'leg' of this challenge, where the manager must win something with one of the national teams of the six nations or Finland/U.A.E.

To sum up, there would be seven legs of the Hodgson journeyman career challenge:
    Sweden - win league or main domestic cup
    Denmark - win league or main domestic cup
    Norway - win league or main domestic cup
    Switzerland - win league or main domestic cup
    Italy - win league or main domestic cup
    England - win league or main domestic cup
    International - win a tournament with Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Italy, England, U.A.E. or Finland.

Haven't finalised the format just yet but but something along those lines.

Perhaps even a 'Europe' level, involving winning the Europa or the Champions League as well?

Any thoughts on this idea chaps?

Regards,
    C.

Third Team

I understand the sign-up sheet is long, and it will take time, but it doesn't need to be all done at once, in fact, it might even be easier for me if it isn't. But I think its the best way to make sure people will stay active, because it took a lot of work to do the sheet.
    Gah, blummin' 'eck. Tell me about it

Amateur

I have a new challenge idea as computers getting better and better. Starting with at least 51-117 (if no editor used) or more can person handle (until all 208 nations) if they can use them. With all database (nearly 293000) Allowing them starting "sunday league footballer" (Automatic is %100 Forbidden) and unemployed... Startable day is earliest day of FM 2010 (Malaysia 2008 November / though I didn'T test exact starting day of laos). Moving between team to team allowed but no resigning allowed... You can move only get offer or sacked... National job is allowed (also u21-u19 jobs) challenge has few parts "putting your team in top league" "move to top league" "first appearence in a international club competition" "winning the club comps" "working all continents" "putting a small nation to continental nations competition" going to world cup and more ............... Probably the name is "Unemployed in the full world"

roberto922

Very few would be able to run it, so I doubt there'd be many doing it

Third Team

I dream of the day I could run 208 nations worth of FM

Lurker

Those anyon want a game on fmo
    i have default patch

or is this not the thread to post matches

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tomsmith1989 View Post
    That's good then. I'm glad to hear it's making a return. On a side note, is there going to be any sort of thread to do with the achievements available through Steam? Or is that something noone is really a fan of? I don't even know how to find them...
    Here is a list of all achievements on Steam taken from the FM wiki.

FML Server - This is not the place. There is a thread in the FMO forum where you can make yourself available for online games. Here it is - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=19804
    Last edited by ssestig; 09-11-2009 at 00:09.

Amateur

A new Idea I like lurking the asia challenge and now I saw Oceania is completed in somehow (I saw all leagues in a site) . And africa is near to completing... I hope someone can open africa and oceania challenges very soon

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

Earlier today (10th November) I came across the Glenn Hoddle Academy challenge that saint_clark tried to start. After reading through it I decided that seemed quite interesting. Unfortunately he never got around to starting it so I thought I might try it. Then noticing an exchange between PaulHartman and M12..... about whether or not the team should be in Spain or England my mind started to churn. Aided by a long bus ride the idea developed that rather than having the Glenn Hoddle Academy in England/Spain why not have an Academy based in every European country? Any one participating would have to follow a modified version of the rules that saint_clark developed for his challenge.

I will create a database that will be made available for anyone to download with a number of Academies. Each Academy would start in the lowest playable league in its country (with a few exceptions) and they would almost identical, with the only differences being names, kits etc. The challengers would be able to pick any Academy they wanted to with the aim of creating a footballing tour de force. Each Academy will have similar staff and facilities as well. The main measurement of the challenger’s success will be the amount of cash they receive in transfer fees from their player sales with bonuses given for success in competitions.

At the moment I would like to see if anyone would be interested in actually playing this before I start the task of creating the DB. I will start on the rules tonight as they aren’t too hard to come up with and I already have a framework.

Part-Timer

Based on what the rules would be, I would be interested in participating in such a challenge

Semi Pro

Based on what the rules would be, I would be interested in participating in such a challenge
    The rules basically restrict the age of players you can sign and a few other points.

Youth Team

WW's Small to big club challenge - The World Superleague

Some of you may have seen my international team challenge that is currently on going. Well over the weekend I took a break from that and decided to start creating my own World Superleague structure.

So far I have:

World Premier League
    World First Division
    World Second Division
    Regional First Division A / B / C
    Regional Second Division A / B/ C / D / E / F
    World Development Leagues A - O (15 leagues)

In total there are about 640 playable teams in the league structure, with the vast vast majority of all the FIFA nations with representation.

However, I thought as good as that may be to play - how about making a new version of the Small to Big club challenge - A world challenge. So I now have relegation from the World Development Leagues, so that a previously unplayable team in the league structure can become playable. Currently you could play as one of 150 previously unplayable teams.

So, question is - would anyone want to play in this form of small to big club challenge?

I have all the leagues in place, just need to refine the leagues, so I could set up the challenge by next weekend if interest is there.

In addition, I would be willing to let a reliable member of the forums run a sign up from the database if there is interest in that.

First Team Squad Member

@WW - I think it looks like a cracking idea for a challenge, another one for me to fail

-

Elsewhere, I urge everyone reading this to check out the Official CSE Rap in the forum group!

Third Team

That sounds great WW, I'm currently involved in the Big Euro challenge but I'm certain you'd get a lot of interest there. What sort of level would the unplayable clubs be? Any egs of clubs?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    That sounds great WW, I'm currently involved in the Big Euro challenge but I'm certain you'd get a lot of interest there. What sort of level would the unplayable clubs be? Any egs of clubs?
    Well, at the moment the unplayable club reps would be in the region of 2,000 - 2,500. Now this means different things for different countries, for example it could be a top division team in Africa or India, but in England that would correlate to someone like Accrington Stanley.

The way I have structured the leagues is that for example one of the lowest playable divisions includes a league purely of lower ranked Euro nations (eg: Your San Marinos, Liechtensteins, Andorras etc), to allow them to be competitive at the very start. Now obviously over time the divisions won't stay as "pure" (for want of a better word) as what they are initially designed for due to the mix and match of promotions / relegations.

This means in theory you could have an unplayable league club with a higher rep than some playable league teams.

The one thing I want to structure if possible is that unplayable division teams are linked to the respective lowest playable divisions. Not sure if this is 100% possible, but I plan to give it a go - this would give a variety of clubs to choose from and the unplayable clubs eligible at the start of the 2nd season for each league would be more closely alligned to the club reps of the existing teams in those leagues.

Third Team

WOuld like to give it a go, once my game is finally up and running properly!

Would be a really fun challenge to be involved in I think!!

Third Team

It sounds great tbf WW, I'd be very keen to see it get off the ground

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

I've made a very less than perfect (almost fantasy like) recreation of the Spanish 5th Tier (for personal use originally) and wondered if there would be any Interest in a Andorra double challenge?
    It would work something along the line of taking control of FC Andorra and trying to get them promoted to the top Tier of Spanish football eventually winning the league and then the Champions League whilst at some point taking the Andorra national job and attempting to Qualify for a major tournament. I also thought of having the optional extra of either only using Andorrans or not signing any players at all and relying on your Andorran Youth prospects.

So what do you think? Would anyone be up for the Challenge?

Third Team

Some of you may have seen my international team challenge that is currently on going. Well over the weekend I took a break from that and decided to start creating my own World Superleague structure.

So far I have:

World Premier League
    World First Division
    World Second Division
    Regional First Division A / B / C
    Regional Second Division A / B/ C / D / E / F
    World Development Leagues A - O (15 leagues)

In total there are about 640 playable teams in the league structure, with the vast vast majority of all the FIFA nations with representation.

However, I thought as good as that may be to play - how about making a new version of the Small to Big club challenge - A world challenge. So I now have relegation from the World Development Leagues, so that a previously unplayable team in the league structure can become playable. Currently you could play as one of 150 previously unplayable teams.

So, question is - would anyone want to play in this form of small to big club challenge?

I have all the leagues in place, just need to refine the leagues, so I could set up the challenge by next weekend if interest is there.

In addition, I would be willing to let a reliable member of the forums run a sign up from the database if there is interest in that.
    Similar to the one I posted a few weeks ago, but no one responded!

How are your regional leagues set up?

Third Team

brettney - you'd definitely get people interested by doing that. Its basically the exact same format as the San Marino double challenge and that's always been popular

Third Team

OMG, an Andorran challenge??? Count me in!!

But it could mean I'd be splitting myself between that and WW's challenge, as they're both great ideas

(For anyone that doesn't know, I relly have a thing for Andorra, it all started with the Extreme League Sign-up WW run a few years ago, but has continued on and I now regularly name teams after them in sign-ups!

Semi Pro

I'd have a go as a small to big club challenge.

First Team Squad Member

Hello, a few months ago I posted an idea for a sign up that I had.

The basic idea of this new sign up, is that 14 of you sign up, along with myself making a total of 15. Then each person is randomly allocated 1 of 15 different teams in England, Italy or Spain (the teams will be the five teams from each Nation with the highest reputation. E.G - Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & City. Then another random allocation will place the 15 of us, into 5 groups of 3.

The idea of the sign up is to have the 5 groups of 3 all battling it out against each other to win the sign up. Each in game, game week will see the 15 teams play games in their respective leagues. The results of these games will earn their 'user' money (300 pound for a win, 100 for a draw, 0 for a loss). For example, if Arsenal win, rancer890 will get 300 pound. The money earned will then be combined with the other 2 people in your group. For example, say Arsenal win, Man City lose and Inter Milan draw. For that game week, your group has 400 pound.

The money that your group earn will then go towards getting your group around Europe quicker than the other 5 groups. I will not go into too much detail yet, but the basic concept is that you travel across Europe in your groups (this is all fictional) by spending the money that you've earned in-game.

-

I am posting this in here just to see if anyone else wants to reserve a place. I asked people if they wanted to reserve a place originally at the end of my previous sign up, and about 8 people did so they were all PM'ed. I also PM'ed 3 or 4 people that were posted the most in that sign up. Since I have now received all of my PM's back (or at least I think I have), I have filled 11 places. If anyone wants to reserve a place now (on a first come, first served basis) then you have until this time tomorrow. I don't know if all 4 places will have gone by then, but I know that most regular people read this thread, so I thought leaving it for 24 hours would be fairer for those in different Timezones, than leaving it open in here until around 10/11 tonight.

Thanks,

Paul.

First Team Squad Member
    Serps lives on, in the hearts and minds of all of us.

What do you guys think of a challenge where you take over any national team from the start of the game and try to take them to World Cup (or future competitions) glory using only players that have never been capped? Then, you can only use the players that made their debut for the national team during your reign as manager e.g. If Wilshere is given his first cap by you as England manager then he is still allowed to play for your England team for the rest of his career due to him making his deubt under your management.

First Team Squad Member
    Serps lives on, in the hearts and minds of all of us.

Forget my idea, I have just noticed the FM10 Uncapped Challenge.

Third Team

I assume that 11 is including me? Paul.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_296 View Post
    I assume that 11 is including me? Paul.
    yes it is Robert, yes it.

Part-Timer

I'd be interested Paul, sounds like a good idea

Youth Team
    Nothing natural ever hurt anybody, that's a scientific fact.

Count me in as well Paul, sounds promising.

First Team Squad Member

welcome aboard gentleman

2 more places up for grabs if anyone is watching with interest!

Third Team
    Jamie Mackie/Alejandro Faurlin enthusiast.

Was I included Paul?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by jack.browne View Post
    Was I included Paul?
    everyone that sent me a PM was included in that '11', well not me obviously, or Robert_296 because he was too lazy to send one (so yes ).

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

Sounds interesting paul can you count me in please.

roberto922

I'd be interested

First Team Squad Member

on that basis, sign up is closed!

Youth Team

After my query a few days ago, I have done some tweaks with my superleague and believe I will be ready to launch the challenge during Sunday.

Reserves

Awesome. Good luck with that. May give it a go at some point. Hope it's successful

Youth Team

Just thinking through some ideas for my next sign-up (obviously got "It Could be You... to finish first) and can't decide whether to :

(1) Re-do this but with "Races" being seasonal and going to a different league every season.
    (2) Re-do it but using clubs instead of players in their own "F1 League"
    (3) Re-do it exactly as it was but seriously cut down on the updates because I don't have anything like that sort of time anymore.
    (4) Something else that I havent thought of yet but probably club based.

Third Team

I was going to do a signup based on superleague formula. But I'm not sure how to work it. Could have a tournament at the start to decide upon the grid and pole (winner) gets money. And then the actual season is the race.

Third Team

WhoopyD, I was just about to ask about the F1 sign-up, because you mentioned that it could be making a return for FM10. I reckon keeping to a similar formula to the lst version would be best, but with renaming the teams. For example, Celtic-Ferrari, Rangers-Red Bull, Dundee-Manor F1 ect.

The days of the brilliant Webber-McBob partnership, ahhhh the memories.....
    Last edited by PluckaDuck; 23-11-2009 at 00:09.

Amateur

I had an idea for a challenge that seems as if it would have been done before, so I must ask . . . has there ever been a master challenge? One that sought to prove that you could find success managing in any situation?

Here are the winning conditions I had in mind:

1)Win a league title on every continent-forcing players to adapt to different football cultures and climates.

2)At least one of these titles must be a lower league (any second division or lower)-forcing players to succeed with less talent and resources.

3)Win a continental title with any club (e.g. the Champions League)-forcing players to succeed at the highest level, with the highest pressure.

4)Qualify for the World Cup OR win any international tournament with a national team from each continent-same idea as #1 but forcing players to win with the players they're given. I originally wanted WC qualifying only but that might make the length of the challenge ridiculous so I made it a bit easier.

5)Win a continental title with any national team (e.g. the African Cup of Nations).

6)Win the World Cup with any national team-the objective of the last two requirements is for the master manager to prove he can achieve the highest honors in the game.

Has anything like this been done before? I know there have been international challenges, and lots of club growth challenges, but has anyone ever tried to put it all together? This would be quite an undertaking and would require many game years of play. At the same time, though, you want to achieve quickly so you can move on to the next task.

Thoughts?

Amateur

double post

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by PluckaDuck View Post
    WhoopyD, I was just about to ask about the F1 sign-up, because you mentioned that it could be making a return for FM10. I reckon keeping to a similar formula to the lst version would be best, but with renaming the teams. For example, Celtic-Ferrari, Rangers-Red Bull, Dundee-Manor F1 ect.

The days of the brilliant Webber-McBob partnership, ahhhh the memories.....
    Shame Webber never really matched the heights of his team mate ;)

Anyway, the problem with that format is there's no control over where the players go so people can be disadvantaged if they move somewhere like Russia or an unplayable league which seems a bit unfair. That and massive amount of time it took to do each update. I'll have a think anyway.

Third Team

To cut down on the update time, you could go with option #3 from further up the page and remove some of the content.

Amateur

So . . . not a particularly exciting idea, then?

Reserves

Interesting but Long

Amateur

Hmm . . . bit disappointing that both my ideas went over like a sack of potatoes. Ah, well.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by fdawsoniv View Post
    Hmm . . . bit disappointing that both my ideas went over like a sack of potatoes. Ah, well.
    Join the club! I posted a idea a few weeks ago and got no response, then someone else posts the same idea and gets lots of interest. Strange world.

Yours does look challenging, I wouldn't have the time to do it, since I'm wrapped up in my World League right now.

Amateur

has anyone ever tried coming up with a signup where they sign up as managers instead of players, and see how there careers go, or am i arriving late to the party with that thought

or failling that some sort of sign up, where the players are young footballers from a country that finds itself under the control of a crazed dictatoer, who send theese footballers out into the professional world of football, to make a name for his country, but as hes crazy every year he eliminates the players with the lowest reputation?
    Last edited by Dmc1759; 25-11-2009 at 15:57.

Amateur

I've seen managers used before, but I'm not sure I've seen it done quite that way. What I mean is, the sign-up was focused on creating a team and the user would just make up their manager to go with it. I don't know that I've seen one where creating a manager was the purpose. To be honest, though, isn't that what the game itself is about? Personally, I would not have any interest in watching the progress of an AI version of myself.

There have been plenty of "national team dictator" or "super player laboratory" type ideas. BUT, yours has a very, very interesting twist. Like a combination of the Djibouti sign-up and the "It could be you . . ." sign-up. If that hasn't been done, I say go for it, because that sounds really interesting.
    Last edited by fdawsoniv; 25-11-2009 at 17:10.

Amateur

just created my own database, its based on WW's idea of Super League but mine is based on reputation and with an added twist. Ive based mine on the British Virgin Island, adding 4 leagues, World League 1, World League 2, World Leage 3 - A,B,C,D and World League 4 - A,B,C,D. With 4 Cups, BVI Super Cup with all leagues in it, BVI Upper Cup WL1 and WL2, BVI Lower Cup WL3 and WL4, BVI Winners Cup winner of BVI Upper Cup against Winner of BVI Lower Cup. The idea of this sign-up is take an added team; BVI FC who is a team full of BVI internationals only, to glory by winning all 4 cups and winning all 4 leagues, this could take you at least 4 seasons but you can only use BVI Internationals, with second nationality BVI being allowed

Amateur

Kenco, you and minisav are right on about the length of the challenge. I do see that as the major hinderance, as it would require quite a lengthy game save to pull off. Any ideas on how I could make it more managable while retaining the intent and uniqueness of the challenge?

Also, as far as ideas going bad, my impression is that there there is only a small percentage of the CSE crowd that visits this thread unless their trying to sell an idea. So the feedback from here may not reflect how well the idea may go over on the full board.

Reserves

No idea how to sort it.

Your main problem is the fact that long challenges are normally beaten by the ones that are there such as the small club to big club or the Double challenges.

And you're right that not many people do come into this thread. Normally see this thread as a way to iron out any problems before you post it/get some kind of interest.

Amateur

I just had an idea for an experiment and was wondering if anyone would be interested.

Basically, my plan is to use the transfer embargo edt file to enforce a transfer embargo on every team in the Football League & Premiership that would end in 2020 (Just an example date) and then holiday to see how the AI reacts. e.g. If teams spent their spare money on youth facilities or not, how the premier league clubs would cope in Europe etc.

I would then do yearly updates with a a little bit of information on each team such as promising regens etc and also track the fortunes of the England team.

Its just a brief idea so far and I'm open for suggestions on how to improve it.

Reserves

That sounds awesome. I'd love to see that?

Third Team

A very original, yet effective idea. I really like it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast