+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,100 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Amateur

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    Very good idea, Denther and I think that I will include that.
    Glad to help

Third Team

With the FA Cup final coming up, had a bit of random musing...

If you know the history of it, in the early years, between 1872 and 1883 it was won by clubs who (to my knowledge) don't exist anymore. Wanderers FC (with 5 of the first 7) are probably most famous, then there's the likes of Royal Engineers, Blackburn Olympic, and so on. Blackburn Rovers won it in 1884, and it's been won by established clubs since then.

So, would there be any interest in 'resurrecting' these teams within the game, and embarking on some community project to bring the cup back to them? Would probably lend itself to a challenge best, I think, with the clubs starting out at the bottom of the pyramid.

It looks like the teams would have to be edited in (me and the editor don't mix though), and I'm unsure if there's any way to link them to the names which appear on the list of past winners of the FA Cup, to ensure you get the satisfying message that you've won it for the first time in 150-odd years when you eventually get there.

So a few questions:
    1) Any real point? Is it distinct enough from dafuge's challenge, other than the names of the clubs involved?
    2) Any suggestions for how best to go about it?
    3) Anyone interested enough?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by bermybhoy View Post
    With the FA Cup final coming up, had a bit of random musing...

If you know the history of it, in the early years, between 1872 and 1883 it was won by clubs who (to my knowledge) don't exist anymore. Wanderers FC (with 5 of the first 7) are probably most famous, then there's the likes of Royal Engineers, Blackburn Olympic, and so on. Blackburn Rovers won it in 1884, and it's been won by established clubs since then.

So, would there be any interest in 'resurrecting' these teams within the game, and embarking on some community project to bring the cup back to them? Would probably lend itself to a challenge best, I think, with the clubs starting out at the bottom of the pyramid.

It looks like the teams would have to be edited in (me and the editor don't mix though), and I'm unsure if there's any way to link them to the names which appear on the list of past winners of the FA Cup, to ensure you get the satisfying message that you've won it for the first time in 150-odd years when you eventually get there.

So a few questions:
    1) Any real point? Is it distinct enough from dafuge's challenge, other than the names of the clubs involved?
    2) Any suggestions for how best to go about it?
    3) Anyone interested enough?
    1) I think that it is a great idea and is definately distinct enough as the objective is to win the FA Cup, not the Premier league. So, this challenge could even be completed when your in the BSN(not going to happen but is theoretically possible)
    2) I think that the challenge would be with Wanderers FC to win the FA Cup 5 times in 7 years. Not 7 years from the start but in a 7 year period.
    3) I would be interested in participating.

Third Team

1) I think that it is a great idea and is definately distinct enough as the objective is to win the FA Cup, not the Premier league. So, this challenge could even be completed when your in the BSN(not going to happen but is theoretically possible)
    2) I think that the challenge would be with Wanderers FC to win the FA Cup 5 times in 7 years. Not 7 years from the start but in a 7 year period.
    3) I would be interested in participating.
    Cheers. Yeah that's true, you wouldn't actually have to win anything else. The only thing is with the vagaries of cup competitions, it's arguably more difficult than 'just' winning the league. 5 in 7 years would be tough going as Man Utd...

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

I agree, I don't even think in my most successful saves with Arsenal that I've managed to win the FA Cup more than twice in a row.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    I agree, I don't even think in my most successful saves with Arsenal that I've managed to win the FA Cup more than twice in a row.
    V True - I find it quite difficult, but the League Cup less so (less reputation so clubs don't try as much maybe?) - I have won the League Cup with Chelsea 4 times in a row, and runners up on the 5th. The same game I won the premiership 9 years on the trot but the champions league just once - shocking really

Amateur

I am going to do some testing tonight / tomorrow for a sign-up idea I have, I'll create a league and cup competitions for around 18 managers to take part in, and there'll be an auction or draft for the teams, players and managers. After the draft is complete I will ask each manager to submit 2 formations which if I can get the database to recognise them as standard tactics will then be added as the preferred formation for your team.

If this is possible I think it could get quite interesting as you might not bother bidding high for strikers if your tactics were going to be 4-5-1, etc.

If there's enough interest and if I can get the idea to work practically would you all be interested in something along these lines ?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TanO View Post
    I am going to do some testing tonight / tomorrow for a sign-up idea I have, I'll create a league and cup competitions for around 18 managers to take part in, and there'll be an auction or draft for the teams, players and managers. After the draft is complete I will ask each manager to submit 2 formations which if I can get the database to recognise them as standard tactics will then be added as the preferred formation for your team.

If this is possible I think it could get quite interesting as you might not bother bidding high for strikers if your tactics were going to be 4-5-1, etc.

If there's enough interest and if I can get the idea to work practically would you all be interested in something along these lines ?
    Sounds like a good... hang on! ;)

The range of tactics that can be preset as favourite for your manager is large enough I think - you might as well just give people the choice of them. The DB is set into "Preferred", "Attacking" and "Defensive" - I choose 4-4-2 as the tactic for everyone because that's how I arranged the players - If I had let everyone choose their own tactics and someone chose a 3-5-2 tactic, you'd need to make sure they had plenty of midfielders, and was something I wanted to avoid - i.e. too much messing about with assigning who has what player. 4-4-2 gives a good balance and you can pretty much give someone a 23 man squad with 2 players in each position (3 GKs, of course!).

Amateur

Hi Hawkini, it was your sign-up that gave me this idea ! (Shameless copying!)

I had a look at those preset formations and i thought they were a bit limiting, but I get what you're saying about having 5 midfielders. There would need to be a fairly large squad or reserves to make it fit.

OR, maybe one of the tactics has to be some variation of 4-4-2 but still "your" created tactic, and the other formation could be anything you like ? (even the dreaded 4-2-4)

Amateur

Do you mean 18 chairman rather than managers as you have said they will be able to draft in managers?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Denther View Post
    Do you mean 18 chairman rather than managers as you have said they will be able to draft in managers?
    Sorry, yes I mean chairman.

Amateur

Hi Hawkini, it was your sign-up that gave me this idea ! (Shameless copying!)

I had a look at those preset formations and i thought they were a bit limiting, but I get what you're saying about having 5 midfielders. There would need to be a fairly large squad or reserves to make it fit.

OR, maybe one of the tactics has to be some variation of 4-4-2 but still "your" created tactic, and the other formation could be anything you like ? (even the dreaded 4-2-4)
    It is shameless! I will expect a reserved place and where possible a mention on every post with a link to mine, LOL only kidding - although not about the link bit

Which league are you intending to use?

Amateur

I haven't had a look at the leagues yet, or tried to set it up. I'll out tonight but I'll try some things out when I get back to see if I can make this work the way I would like

Amateur

Just had an idea so would appreciate some feedback on whether its rubbish/been done before...

Quite a simple challenge, you manage Atletico Bilbao in La Liga. The catch of course is in real life they only sign Basque players, which is the case in FM too, it won't let you bid for anyone who's not from the Basque region.

The challenege would be under these restrictions, harness the fantastic youth facilities and careful Basque purchases to ultimately win La Liga and the Champions League to complete the challenge.

All thoughts welcome.

Part-Timer

TanO, I really think you have something going here. Maybe what you could do is a fantasy draft style thing, where you open up most of the best players in the world, that way you really do get the guys drafting players they want for the formation they feel like running. Like draft the starting 11, then a five person bench, and randomly fill in the rest of the team? I don't know, but I feel like that might be the best way to do it with what you want to do.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bergtaur View Post
    TanO, I really think you have something going here. Maybe what you could do is a fantasy draft style thing, where you open up most of the best players in the world, that way you really do get the guys drafting players they want for the formation they feel like running. Like draft the starting 11, then a five person bench, and randomly fill in the rest of the team? I don't know, but I feel like that might be the best way to do it with what you want to do.
    Thanks bergataur, I agree with you about the draft. It would take a little while to do it that way but would give chairmen the most freedom in setting up their team.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make a changed preferred formation work in the game yet. Even when taking a team who start with a 4-4-2 and just changing them to the games default 4-3-3 didn't have any effect It might be hard coded. Will keep testing tonight and see if I can make it work.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by virtex View Post
    Just had an idea so would appreciate some feedback on whether its rubbish/been done before...

Quite a simple challenge, you manage Atletico Bilbao in La Liga. The catch of course is in real life they only sign Basque players, which is the case in FM too, it won't let you bid for anyone who's not from the Basque region.

The challenege would be under these restrictions, harness the fantastic youth facilities and careful Basque purchases to ultimately win La Liga and the Champions League to complete the challenge.

All thoughts welcome.
    Can anyone at least recall if this idea has been tried/done before?

First Team Squad Member

virtex - I think that it's one of those challenges that gets posted every year, and is unfortunately neglected. I think that if you were to run it well with a fairly detailed opening post, and attempted the challenge yourself to get some interest involved then it could get more people interested in the challenge and they might attempt it.

Part-timer

Only one problem, rather annoyingly in FM09 no matter how good your youth facilities are the absolutely best most insane quality regens every season won't appear at your club... You'll get mostly rubbish regens with usually one or two who can turn out to be average players in your league... I don't think I've ever seen anyone on these forums saying they've had a super-regen spawned at their own club

Amateur

Cheers for the replies fellas, I'll give it a whirl and see if anyone's interested.

Part-Timer
    Michigan/New York (depends on time of year)

Thinking about reviving the Eurovision Striking Contest, which failed because my computer died, but i now have a new hard drive so it should be good now

Third Team
    Jamie Mackie/Alejandro Faurlin enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by spartans5 View Post
    Thinking about reviving the Eurovision Striking Contest, which failed because my computer died, but i now have a new hard drive so it should be good now
    Now thats a good idea!

Third Team

This is just a quick jot down of an idea

AI EXPERIMENT

I'll create players (CA 100 etc) and then distribute them around various clubs.

Player One will go to Manchester UTD, however will have his loyalty set to 20, ambition to 1 but his favourite team as Manchester City.

Player 2 will go to a low BSS team; loyalty will be set to 1, ambition to 1 and he will have that team as his favourite club.

Player 3 will go to a BSN club; loyalty 20, ambition 20 and no favourite team

Player 4 will go to Hull; loyalty 20 ambition 20 and favourite team as Hull

And finally, Player 5 will go to Blackpool, loyalty 1, ambition 20, and Blackpool as his favourite team.

THE AIM.
    (by player)

To see if Player one's low ambition will see him leave United or if his loyalty will stop him AND see if his love affair with Man City will hamper his progress.

To see if Player Two's love for his club and low ambition will stop him leaving.

To see if Player Three will leave the BSN team (low ambition) or whether his loyalty will stop him.

To see if Player Four's love for Hull and high loyalty stop his ambition?

To see if Player 5 will leave Blackpool despite them being his favourite team.

Obviously this is just a quick note but any suggestions (more attributes which could contradict?), constructive criticism (even criticisms if needs be) would be fantastic.

Amateur

Looks good, but player 2 and three look confused,

shouldn't player 2 have loyalty 20? Or are you just seeing if the love for the team is enough?

Player 3 should have an ambition of 1
    But as I said, it looks interesting

Amateur

I got the preferred tactics option working in the tests for my signup, so in a week or two I may well start it up once I've run a couple more full season tests

Third Team

That's it; whether the favourite club will stop him leaving despite his low ambition + loyalty.

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

I've always enjoyed playing around with the editor specifically adding new countrys etc. I've been testing how many of the unused nations in the game can be turned into new countrys and how many on each continent ... Now onto my idea (it's quite obviously inspired by PaulHartman71's The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football clubs so hopefully he wouldn't mind this slight copying of a great idea) It's to make you (the sign upee) the Head of the FA of a new FIFA member and and edit 2 new clubs added into a to be decided league (a league nearest the country would be my thinking) they would get money to spend to change aspects of the club to start and we would then add 2 more signupee's to be chairman of the clubs. The heads of nations would get points for how far their nations football team gets in competitions and they would get prize money to give to their clubs chairman to improve their Training Centres, Youth Academys, Reputations and also maybe to Improve the CA/PA of youth prospects.
    So what do people think? Would anyone be interested? Any more ideas to add to those i've already mentioned? I would also like to point out that if your in my current sign up don't worry i've no plans to end it.

Amateur

Sounds promising, Brettney.

Part-Timer

I would definitely be interested in participating in that sign-up

Part-Timer

Wow Brettney that sound really interesting. i wouldn't mind being a part of that

Part-timer

I have a very basic idea for a sign-up I've been thinking about for a while, if anyone wants to give me advice I would gladly PM the basic idea and they could help me broaden out the idea hopefully.

Thanks

Part-Timer

What's the idea taylor?

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by spartans5 View Post
    What's the idea taylor?
    Doesn't matter anymore, talked it through with Canvey and it was too complicated.

Third Team

That was his own opinion, not mine, before anyone accuses me of sabotaging everyone's ideas !

Part-Timer

What was the idea, maybe I could see a way to simplify it

Amateur

Ok, I have been running my Anything you can do sign up for a while now and I have begun to think about what I would like to do next. I have a few days off next week and so am going to edit the database in preparation so that when the time does come I can crack straight on and get people to sign up.

The reason I am posting now is so that before I edit the database I can get some feedback and see if anything needs changing.

As we know DodgeeD is running STI v NTI, my idea is based along the same lines but has a completely different story. (I've spoken to DodgeeD about this and he has ok'd the idea )

It will be called Never Trust an Elf and will be based on the Lord of the Rings.

Basically somehow a group of Dwarves and a group of Elves have found there way from Middle Earth to our world. (I have already started writing the back story which will help explain this very random occurrence.) They end up forming two separate international football teams (again don't worry, all will be explained).

Now, obviously you can see the similarity between this and STI v NTI, but both I and DodgeeD believe the fantasy element will help distinguish it. Also, unlike STI v NTI they will not be rivals, they will be 'uneasy allies' (thanks DodgeeD ) due to another third 'race' (no prizes for guessing, but will be slightly different to the Elf and Dwarf teams). I will ask certain signees to not be a dwarf or an elf and instead be a secret evil character (this needs fleshing out).

I will be attempting to focus a lot on the story element as that's what interests me, you will have to use Kosher Dwarf and Elf names (assistance provided ) and I will be giving a background to why things are happening in a story sense as well as a footballing sense.

As I said this won't be going for a while, but want to do the database next week whilst I have the spare time.

All comments welcome

Part-Timer

I really like that idea and can't wait to see it in more detail

Part-timer

Team signups have always been good for forum banter between the two teams and this one looks like it has a new edge to it

Can't wait to hear more detail

Amateur

Thanks for the positive feedback, I have already written some of the background story, if anybody wishes to read the two intro's I have written I will PM them on request. (If they are too large I can always e-mail them.)

First Team Squad Member

I wouldn't mind a read.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brettney1980 View Post
    I've always enjoyed playing around with the editor specifically adding new countrys etc. I've been testing how many of the unused nations in the game can be turned into new countrys and how many on each continent ... Now onto my idea (it's quite obviously inspired by PaulHartman71's The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football clubs so hopefully he wouldn't mind this slight copying of a great idea) It's to make you (the sign upee) the Head of the FA of a new FIFA member and and edit 2 new clubs added into a to be decided league (a league nearest the country would be my thinking) they would get money to spend to change aspects of the club to start and we would then add 2 more signupee's to be chairman of the clubs. The heads of nations would get points for how far their nations football team gets in competitions and they would get prize money to give to their clubs chairman to improve their Training Centres, Youth Academys, Reputations and also maybe to Improve the CA/PA of youth prospects.
    So what do people think? Would anyone be interested? Any more ideas to add to those i've already mentioned? I would also like to point out that if your in my current sign up don't worry i've no plans to end it.
    Just to let people know who haven't already noticed i'm up and running here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=128644

Places seem to be running out fast for Chief Executives roles within the FA's, but there is plenty of Club Chairman roles left.

Youth Team
    Nothing natural ever hurt anybody, that's a scientific fact.

Anybody know if there is a list floating about anywhere with a the number of teams and/or major rules for each of the leagues in the game?

Thanks in advance

Third Team

At a guess, the Football Manager Wiki - but it's down at the moment so I wouldn't be able to check for you.

Youth Team

An idea for a sign up (Probably not for me to run due to my track record but for someone),

My Football Club- A number of people sign up and are assigned a job to do with creating a football club e.g Stadium design manager(Create stadium name, capacity etc). Someone creates the database for us to upload and using the details that everyone has submitted they have to achieve glory with the club. It would make for great banter and also would be good to take part in. Feedback please

First Team Squad Member

I think as you've shown with your 'example' the 'jobs available' would all be extremely small and something not everyone would agree with etc. It's pretty much under the same sort of idea as 'Real CSE' so I guess you could bring that back, well not bring it back and start it again, but bump the thread to try and get some excitement maybe.

Youth Team

There are quite a few jobs you could have, like someone who would choose where the team is based etc.

First Team Squad Member

but these 'jobs' are pointless and would take about 10 seconds for someone to do

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    Anybody know if there is a list floating about anywhere with a the number of teams and/or major rules for each of the leagues in the game?

Thanks in advance
    Ok I couldn't find one so I'll use the vast fountain of knowledge that is CSE instead ;)

What I'm after is any leagues in the game with 10 or less teams, so far I have:

Hyundai A-League (8 teams)

And that's it, again any help is appreciated

Semi Pro

Off the top of my head:
    Scottish Divisions 1-3 (10 teams).
    Slovenian First and Second Division (10 teams).

Part-timer

South Africa's lower divisions only have 8 in I think (judging by the league tables from Hawkini's sign-up).

Youth Team

India's top league only has 12 and Hong Kong's has 10 I think.

Amateur

Swiss top division - 10 teams

Semi Pro

India's top league only has 12 and Hong Kong's has 10 I think.
    I think Hong Kong has 13 now.

Youth Team

Cheers for the info lads I'll have a look at them and see which best fits my needs.

Amateur

Im looking for an Idea for my first sign up thread if anyone has ideas, im not the best for orginality.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Demon4 View Post
    Im looking for an Idea for my first sign up thread if anyone has ideas, im not the best for orginality.
    You could go with my Evil Twin idea:

The Evil Twin sign-up!
    As in so many of these sign-ups, you create a person to play in the game. But into the game is *also* added his evil twin. The evil twin has:
    (a) The same nationalities as his brother
    (b) A relationship with his brother either of mutual love or mutual hatred - open to suggestions on this
    (c) The same position(s) as his brother
    (d) The same chosen attributes as his brother, but inverted. If the first player has an attribute of x, the twin has an attribute of 21-x
    (e) The same CA and PA as his brother

Ideas for how to flesh this out will be welcomed.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rudd View Post
    You could go with my Evil Twin idea:

The Evil Twin sign-up!
    As in so many of these sign-ups, you create a person to play in the game. But into the game is *also* added his evil twin. The evil twin has:
    (a) The same nationalities as his brother
    (b) A relationship with his brother either of mutual love or mutual hatred - open to suggestions on this
    (c) The same position(s) as his brother
    (d) The same chosen attributes as his brother, but inverted. If the first player has an attribute of x, the twin has an attribute of 21-x
    (e) The same CA and PA as his brother

Ideas for how to flesh this out will be welcomed.
    Interesting idea you could make everyone the same nationality and then you could see if you beat your evil twin to a spot in the national side, even going as far as earning points for say every time you play for the team (which should mean your twin won't if you only allow 1 position).

Amateur

Alright, so with uni about to finish i thought i'd make a signup game to kill some of the time in between getting well...drunk constantly.

So the idea is this. With the popularity and strength of the various champions league around the world, in particular europe, and the continual club vs. country debate, is international football becoming obsolete? Ashley Cole once said that Arsenal would beat England, and Paul Scholes claimed he scored more for Man U than England because Man U had better players. So FIFA want to increase the attraction of International Football by creating a "League Of Nations" with involves international sides playing in a league structure.

What it is:
    A League Structure with one club representing each nations national team.
    Each forum user will select a 23 man (or thereabouts) squad from their selected nation. I will tie each player to their nation-club for 4 years by giving them a future transfer at the end of the 4th season. So it'll be a four season tournament. At the end of each season i will allow time to make changes to their squads.

I was planning on replacing the dutch leagues because there is no relegation from the bottom league and 8 sides in the second division enter the promotion playoffs.

What i'm worried about is what effect will having a future transfer have on the players motivation + performance?
    And if anyone has any ideas or suggestions than feel free to let me know, particuarly on the league to be replaced choice

Reserves

That's a cracker of an idea. How many nations did you have in mind?

Youth Team

Ok so from my last couple of posts in this thread you might have guessed I had an idea for a sign-up in the works and that is indeed the case. With my "It Could Be You....." sign-up on hold for now and possibly permanently I decided I needed something to fill the void. Incidentally one of the ideas I had was incredibly similar to the one just posted by mendi, which I like the sound of by the way.

After mulling over many ideas I decided I didn't want to start anything too long term what with the expected release of FM2010 (going on previous years) only 4-6 months away.

Anyway to the point, what do you guys think about an OOTP style sign-up for World Cup 2010? A few of you will probably remember wisla_krakow doing a version for Euro 2008 fairly recently (Link) which was going really well until it ended, I was pretty gutted to miss out on that one and so now I'm thinking about trying my own and basically just wanted some feedback from you guys.

A couple of things I've thought about that I'm not sure on are:

Which leagues to load?
    Which, if any, countries to "load all players from"?

Potential problems could be finding the initial 32 people, obviously I'd rather they're users who are going to stick with it rather than never posting again after the first week, but what can I realistically do to prevent that? Once we're up and running as long as I have everyone's tactics/starting 11's etc we should be fine, if people are unable to make deadlines then I can just go with the information I have and if they wanted to change it, tough.

Feel free to make an comments/suggestions and hopefully I can establish whether or not I should go ahead with it. (With wisla's permission of course ;))

Third Team

Ah the mighty OOTP again. I will never forget the old day's of 'chrisbamb' running it before he went missing

Amateur

Cheers for the positive feedback guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by minisav View Post
    That's a cracker of an idea. How many nations did you have in mind?
    I was looking for a league with no relegation from the bottom division which, as far as i know, is Scotland, Holland, Australia and the US
    Australia and the US are out for obvious reasons, so that leaves Holland, which would give total of 38 nations, or Scotland with a total of 42. I was leaning towards Holland, cos it only has two divisions as opposed to Scotland's four

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mendi View Post
    Alright, so with uni about to finish i thought i'd make a signup game to kill some of the time in between getting well...drunk constantly.

So the idea is this. With the popularity and strength of the various champions league around the world, in particular europe, and the continual club vs. country debate, is international football becoming obsolete? Ashley Cole once said that Arsenal would beat England, and Paul Scholes claimed he scored more for Man U than England because Man U had better players. So FIFA want to increase the attraction of International Football by creating a "League Of Nations" with involves international sides playing in a league structure.

What it is:
    A League Structure with one club representing each nations national team.
    Each forum user will select a 23 man (or thereabouts) squad from their selected nation. I will tie each player to their nation-club for 4 years by giving them a future transfer at the end of the 4th season. So it'll be a four season tournament. At the end of each season i will allow time to make changes to their squads.

I was planning on replacing the dutch leagues because there is no relegation from the bottom league and 8 sides in the second division enter the promotion playoffs.

What i'm worried about is what effect will having a future transfer have on the players motivation + performance?
    And if anyone has any ideas or suggestions than feel free to let me know, particuarly on the league to be replaced choice
    What about using Malaysia don't they have strict foreigner rules so you'd only be able to sign players of your nationality??

Amateur

What about using Malaysia don't they have strict foreigner rules so you'd only be able to sign players of your nationality??
    Yeah you're right Malaysia allow no-foreigners in their league, the only problem is I don't know whether foreigner restrictions are tied to the nationality of the club, or too the nationality of the league. I don't really fancy giving each player a second nationality of Malaysian, but that would be an effective way of keeping the clubs together. I might do a couple of tests and see what i can work out

Part-Timer

I would be interested in participating in that Whoopy, OOTP sounds like fun and I missed out on the last one.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mendi View Post
    Yeah you're right Malaysia allow no-foreigners in their league, the only problem is I don't know whether foreigner restrictions are tied to the nationality of the club, or too the nationality of the league. I don't really fancy giving each player a second nationality of Malaysian, but that would be an effective way of keeping the clubs together. I might do a couple of tests and see what i can work out
    The Malaysian league abolishes the no-foreigners rule in the game...I know because I'm playing as a Malaysian team, and I have a Ghanaian, and a Swede.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    The Malaysian league abolishes the no-foreigners rule in the game...I know because I'm playing as a Malaysian team, and I have a Ghanaian, and a Swede.
    Does it abolish it straight away? or take a few seasons?

Reserves

Does it abolish it straight away? or take a few seasons?
    I think the rule was abolished in my game around 2012... (so around 3 years in game)

Youth Team

Challenge idea- The bouncebackability challenge

It's pretty simple really, you holiday through the first seasonand then take control of a relegated team. You then have gain promotion at the first time of asking and bounce straight back up. You then do this with different teams until you have done it 5 times running. Feedback

Third Team

Ok so from my last couple of posts in this thread you might have guessed I had an idea for a sign-up in the works and that is indeed the case. With my "It Could Be You....." sign-up on hold for now and possibly permanently I decided I needed something to fill the void. Incidentally one of the ideas I had was incredibly similar to the one just posted by mendi, which I like the sound of by the way.

After mulling over many ideas I decided I didn't want to start anything too long term what with the expected release of FM2010 (going on previous years) only 4-6 months away.

Anyway to the point, what do you guys think about an OOTP style sign-up for World Cup 2010? A few of you will probably remember wisla_krakow doing a version for Euro 2008 fairly recently (Link) which was going really well until it ended, I was pretty gutted to miss out on that one and so now I'm thinking about trying my own and basically just wanted some feedback from you guys.

A couple of things I've thought about that I'm not sure on are:

Which leagues to load?
    Which, if any, countries to "load all players from"?

Potential problems could be finding the initial 32 people, obviously I'd rather they're users who are going to stick with it rather than never posting again after the first week, but what can I realistically do to prevent that? Once we're up and running as long as I have everyone's tactics/starting 11's etc we should be fine, if people are unable to make deadlines then I can just go with the information I have and if they wanted to change it, tough.

Feel free to make an comments/suggestions and hopefully I can establish whether or not I should go ahead with it. (With wisla's permission of course ;))
    I'd definitely be interested in it. I was convinced I was going to win Wisla's one with Spain

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    Challenge idea- The bouncebackability challenge

It's pretty simple really, you holiday through the first seasonand then take control of a relegated team. You then have gain promotion at the first time of asking and bounce straight back up. You then do this with different teams until you have done it 5 times running. Feedback
    This isn't a bad idea actually, fashioning yourself as a saviour to the fans by rescuing their clubs from lower divisions. Maybe have to earn the right to go up the leagues, first taking a side back from the BSN/S to the the BSP, then once that's done move on to taking a team from the BSP back to League 2.

Youth Team

Yes that would be good. Would do that for sure, then there is more of an objective. Would you do the challenge?

Part-timer

I'd give it a go, the only game I really have going at the moment is for a sign-up, so I have time for another game.

Youth Team

Might get the OOTP idea underway in the next couple of days then, I need to get my laptop fixed/hacked into first but hopefully I'll get round to that and then I can get started.

I am however struggling for a name for the sign-up so any ideas would be helpful ;)

Part-Timer

World Cup 2010: How Would You Win?

Youth Team

For my challenge idea, how would it work after you have got the team promoted. Should you wait for a club without a manager or add a new user each time, help!!!

Youth Team

Back on the OOTP idea, it's proving very dificult to get 32 teams we can actually manage. I've holidayed through 4 times now and have managed to get it down to 3 nations being unavailable. One of those is easily solved, if I had loaded all players from that nation I would've been fine. The other two though are Germany and Japan, I know there is a way of getting around the German national side issue (although I don't know how) and I assume there is a similar issue with the Japanese side? If so is there also a way around this?

Semi Pro

I think you can sort out the Japan problem, try looking on FM Wiki, here

Third Team

Whoopy I'd be very keen to join your OOTP World Cup if you get it going. I just had a read through wisla's Euro 2008 one and it looked like great fun. I'll keep an eye out for it!

Amateur

Hi Whoopy D,

I would be interested, but how much time would I need for it, as far as I understand I look at the save game on my pc then let you know what team I want? I don't actually play the game?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Denther View Post
    Hi Whoopy D,

I would be interested, but how much time would I need for it, as far as I understand I look at the save game on my pc then let you know what team I want? I don't actually play the game?
    That's correct, I play the game with each of you added as managers. You simply provide me with the starting 11, tactics, instructions etc.

As for time wise it's really up to you, if you want to just provide me with your squad, preferred starting 11 and tactics for the first match and use those same tactics no matter what then that's fine. But it's also fine if you want to send me different tactics for different matches/situations, tell me what subs to make and when etc. So it really depends how involved you want to get, I personally think the people who are more involved are likely to do better although I can't be certain.

JSalter - thanks for that link mate

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

OOTP is always fb.

Youth Team

Right so I've got any issues I might have had with my OOTP game sorted, I've got a game holidayed up to where it needs to be and now all I need is the managers.

I know we're not supposed to advertise threads etc but just letting people know I'll be opening the sign-up thread tomorow (Monday) night at around 10pm GMT. There are 32 spots to fill but if you're worried about not getting a place feel free to PM me in advance

Third Team

What time is that in Australian/New Zealand WhoopyD?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by PluckaDuck View Post
    What time is that in Australian/New Zealand WhoopyD?
    That's 9am NZ time, depends where you are in Aus though doesn't it Never sure how the time zones work there.

Third Team

Okay, I'll make sure I get on here before I go out in the morning!

Semi Pro

I had a thought about making a totally random signup game. Stats, age, club etc would be totally random.

I just can't figure out if this has been done before..

Third Team

Hmmm, I fancy having a crack at my own sign-up but all of the threads here are stuck in my brain so I constantly think of ones already done, any ideas?

Third Team

Check the opening couple of pages where some cracking idea's exist

Third Team

Just a question: Can a scout turn into a manager? Because I'm wondering whether i should do an experiment/sign-up to see if scouts/physios can turn into managers?

Lets say in the editor I put their job preference as a manager but they originally started off as a scout I will monitor say every game year there managerial progress and award points for persay the level of club they reach and award a points for say acheiving trophies.

Get the drift?

Third Team

I have seen Ruud Guilt move from a Manager to a scout, So I see no reason why not!

Third Team

I know we're not supposed to advertise threads etc but just letting people know I'll be opening the sign-up thread tomorow (Monday) night at around 10pm GMT. There are 32 spots to fill but if you're worried about not getting a place feel free to PM me in advance
    So 11pm?

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Just a question: Can a scout turn into a manager? Because I'm wondering whether i should do an experiment/sign-up to see if scouts/physios can turn into managers?

Lets say in the editor I put their job preference as a manager but they originally started off as a scout I will monitor say every game year there managerial progress and award points for persay the level of club they reach and award a points for say acheiving trophies.

Get the drift?
    Give them a full 20 attribute for both manager and scout and put them as a scout at a club and it should work.

Amateur
    Pontefract, yep thats right you\'ve never heard of it.

I was thinking of running an experiment using a no-players database the essence of this would be to test how teams cope with having completely regens with little ability, however some will have very high potential. At the same time as this i will be giving some teams in small nations great training facilities, youth facilities and youth academies to see how much of an affect it can have on the lesser nations establishing themselves in the footballing world.

I plan on running a fair few leagues or at least loading the players from some obscure nations.

What do you think of this idea? Has it been done already? And would you be interested in seeing how the footballing world dealt with a full world of regens?

Also if you need anymore information just ask and any recommendations.
    Last edited by mocko666; 16-06-2009 at 21:11.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mocko666 View Post
    I was thinking of running an experiment using a no-players database the essence of this would be to test how teams cope with having completely regens with little ability, however some will have very high potential. At the same time as this i will be giving some teams in small nations great training facilities, youth facilities and youth academies to see how much of an affect it can have on the lesser nations establishing themselves in the footballing world.

I plan on running a fair few leagues or at least loading the players from some obscure nations.

What do you think of this idea? Has it been done already? And would you be interested in seeing how the footballing world dealt with a full world of regens?

Also if you need anymore information just ask and any recommendations.
    My no player db experiment

It was something to pass the time, but eventually lost interest in it...I did plan on making quite a few updates after my exams though.

Very interesting results as well.

Amateur

Okay sorry about that didn't realise it had already been done, should have done a search. Didn't think of it at the time. Do you think you'll carry on with it or not, also how far did you get as due to finishing uni and having about 3 months without much to do I have a fair bit of time on my hands.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mocko666 View Post
    Okay sorry about that didn't realise it had already been done, should have done a search. Didn't think of it at the time. Do you think you'll carry on with it or not, also how far did you get as due to finishing uni and having about 3 months without much to do I have a fair bit of time on my hands.
    I've simmed up to September 2011 (I just haven't posted updates). I will probably carry on with this experiment for the time being after my exams finish this week, although I am waiting for my partner to finish up his season in FM09 A New World CSE, but he has voluntarily banned himself for exam revision.

Amateur

Exam revision always comes first, I'll probably do the experiment for my own benefit anyway but won't post updates on here. Shame though I really should have done a search before hand, didn't think of it at the time and thought with no one posting for quite a while that it hadn't already been done, good luck with the experiment. I shall keep an eye on it.

Reserves

Thanks. If I don't feel motivated to finish it by any chance, I'll know who to go to.

Third Team

hi

I've just switched to a new laptop. And have transferred everything over but as my signup requires a custom database it will not load correctly and uses all of the original premiership team names, stadiums etc. Anyway to sort that out?

First Team Squad Member

don't you need the file things you put in the database, that's what we had to use when Bermy sent out the 'custom Northern Monkey' stuff last year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast