+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,900 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

  1. #2801
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    27th October 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,018

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    X FACTOR SIGN UP - IDEAS

    People to sign up by creating a player - am looking at 20 if possible. The player will start with all attributes set to 10 but the sign-up will require the CSE member to 'spend' 50 attribute points on improving whichever attributes they want to as well as identifying positions and information for the sign up player. I will be limiting to 2 GK, 8 DF, 8 MF and 4 AT.

    After that, it will be time for the auditions. The twenty CSE members will have the opportunity to 'earn' a top ranking and the right to choose which manager they will play under - these managers will be representing the X-Factor judges - and some will be better than others obviously. I'm thinking that answering a question about one of the managers will be a good way to generate interest at the early stage. The first person to answer a question will get first choice at the managers, the second person will get second choice etc ...

    After the auditions, the players will be sent to boot camp. This will be in two pre-season matches on FM - ten players will be placed at one team and the other ten at another team and they will play a two-leg match with each team at home once each. The twenty players average ratings from both games will be added together and the players will be ranked from one to twenty. The top player will receive another 20 attribute points to boost their player, the second player will receive another 19 attribute points etc ...

    After boot camp, it will be time for the main show. The players will be placed with their manager in four groups of five at a random Premiership clubs. I will play a full season and rank the players by their average rating in all competitive matches. The bottom four will be 'in danger' of being eliminated from the competition with two to go. Am unsure whether to eliminate the lowest ranked player or run a voting system amongst the readers of the sign up.

    Once the bottom two have been eliminated, the remaining players will receive extra attribute points based on their final positions, the achievements of their teams and managers etc ... The highest average rating player will get to decide which Premiership club their player plays for next season - the manager and other players that were with that player follow. Of the remaining players, the highest ranked one will decide on their players club and the manager and other players will follow etc ... Then the season will be played again and we play the next show.

    Once we are down to six, I will make it one player to leave per season.

    Once we are down to three, it will be all about being the player with the highest rating. This player will be crowned champion.

    These are ideas and are subject to change still. Would love any suggestions that you guys may have.

  2. #2802
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    12th January 2008
    Location
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton
    Posts
    17,039

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Chip Butty View Post
    X FACTOR SIGN UP - IDEAS

    People to sign up by creating a player - am looking at 20 if possible. The player will start with all attributes set to 10 but the sign-up will require the CSE member to 'spend' 50 attribute points on improving whichever attributes they want to as well as identifying positions and information for the sign up player. I will be limiting to 2 GK, 8 DF, 8 MF and 4 AT.

    After that, it will be time for the auditions. The twenty CSE members will have the opportunity to 'earn' a top ranking and the right to choose which manager they will play under - these managers will be representing the X-Factor judges - and some will be better than others obviously. I'm thinking that answering a question about one of the managers will be a good way to generate interest at the early stage. The first person to answer a question will get first choice at the managers, the second person will get second choice etc ...

    After the auditions, the players will be sent to boot camp. This will be in two pre-season matches on FM - ten players will be placed at one team and the other ten at another team and they will play a two-leg match with each team at home once each. The twenty players average ratings from both games will be added together and the players will be ranked from one to twenty. The top player will receive another 20 attribute points to boost their player, the second player will receive another 19 attribute points etc ...

    After boot camp, it will be time for the main show. The players will be placed with their manager in four groups of five at a random Premiership clubs. I will play a full season and rank the players by their average rating in all competitive matches. The bottom four will be 'in danger' of being eliminated from the competition with two to go. Am unsure whether to eliminate the lowest ranked player or run a voting system amongst the readers of the sign up.

    Once the bottom two have been eliminated, the remaining players will receive extra attribute points based on their final positions, the achievements of their teams and managers etc ... The highest average rating player will get to decide which Premiership club their player plays for next season - the manager and other players that were with that player follow. Of the remaining players, the highest ranked one will decide on their players club and the manager and other players will follow etc ... Then the season will be played again and we play the next show.

    Once we are down to six, I will make it one player to leave per season.

    Once we are down to three, it will be all about being the player with the highest rating. This player will be crowned champion.

    These are ideas and are subject to change still. Would love any suggestions that you guys may have.
    After reading that it seems a lot more complicated than my original version, but I'd also like to add that it sounds a hell of a lot more thought out and more interesting/enjoyable for the people that would take part. I think that the 'voting' for which user to be eliminated also sounds like a very good idea, however rotating it would be good as well, so not every elimination is decided the same way to give it some variety/surprise to keep people guessing. Think that it would be interesting to make it so the winner is decided by user's votes, however if you'd want it to be decided by which person has the highest average rating then of course it's your sign up. Apart from that I can't really think of anything else you could do, perhaps incorporate 5 other users into being the 'managers' of the 4 groups, however that would obviously involve more work for yourself. But it's definitely a refreshing and interesting sign up idea, and I'd definitely be interesting in participating if I get the chance

  3. #2803
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    27th October 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,018

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    After reading that it seems a lot more complicated than my original version, but I'd also like to add that it sounds a hell of a lot more thought out and more interesting/enjoyable for the people that would take part.
    Thanks very much (ASIDE: Preston 0 Cardiff 1 - Wayhay! Good news for the Blades!)

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    I think that the 'voting' for which user to be eliminated also sounds like a very good idea, however rotating it would be good as well, so not every elimination is decided the same way to give it some variety/surprise to keep people guessing.
    I did consider changing the way eliminations could occur. Maybe I could eliminate the lowest average rating automatically and then the next three lowest are voted on. But in some seasons, the three to be voted on are decided in a different way, i.e. lowest placed manager has all his remaining players placed on 'danger list' for example?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    Think that it would be interesting to make it so the winner is decided by user's votes, however if you'd want it to be decided by which person has the highest average rating then of course it's your sign up.
    That's a good idea. I think I may do it like ITV's ice dancing thing where the judges vote and then the public vote and both contribute. Average rating could be used as starting score and then each vote increases them by 0.1 or something?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    Apart from that I can't really think of anything else you could do, perhaps incorporate 5 other users into being the 'managers' of the 4 groups, however that would obviously involve more work for yourself.
    That would be too much - it is my first sign up remember?!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    But it's definitely a refreshing and interesting sign up idea, and I'd definitely be interesting in participating if I get the chance
    Again, thank you. I shall make sure you are reserved a place for your suggestions! ;)

    (ASIDE: Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhoooooooooooo! PNE 2 Cardiff 0!)

  4. #2804
    Third Team
    Join Date
    25th March 2008
    Location
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
    Posts
    9,594

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Sounds like a good idea

    Only thing I don't like is the "answer a question idea." Because once the first person gets the question then everyone else has to copy and paste to get the answer.

    I'd suggest doing some kind of draw, or making people pick a number ( 5 people max per number 1-4), as I think that works better.

  5. #2805
    mikeytwigge
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    could pm the answer to him

  6. #2806
    Third Team
    Join Date
    25th March 2008
    Location
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
    Posts
    9,594

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeytwigge View Post
    could pm the answer to him
    I had thought about that too, but I thought it could get a bit messy

  7. #2807
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    27th October 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,018

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by weeeman27bob View Post
    Sounds like a good idea

    Only thing I don't like is the "answer a question idea." Because once the first person gets the question then everyone else has to copy and paste to get the answer.

    I'd suggest doing some kind of draw, or making people pick a number ( 5 people max per number 1-4), as I think that works better.
    There will be twenty questions (five per manager) and people only need to answer one. Anybody who answers more than one will be busted straight to position 20 in the list. If someone copies and pastes the answer to one that's already answered, then it won't count.

    I know what you're getting at: if I haven't explained it enough there, don't worry. I know what I mean and it will work! A 'draw' is random and wouldn't be an audition ... By publishing questions, I will be ensuring that people who sign up check it regularly as they won't know when the questions are coming! Thanks for the comments/suggestions Weeman!

  8. #2808
    Third Team
    Join Date
    25th March 2008
    Location
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
    Posts
    9,594

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Okay No problemo

  9. #2809
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    27th October 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,018

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.


  10. #2810
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    What would be a good obscure nation to use?

  11. #2811
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Olympia Tyrannia Felatia

  12. #2812
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,020

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    What would be a good obscure nation to use?
    For what?

  13. #2813
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    For experiment idea, just for a trial run before I do it officially

  14. #2814
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,202

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    What experiment idea?

    Preston 6 Cardiff 0

  15. #2815
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th November 2006
    Location
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Posts
    11,607

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Olympia Tyrannia Felatia

    My thoughts exactly

  16. #2816
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    What does that mean?

    I think I'll choose Malta.

  17. #2817
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    A country I made up on Omegle, got on wikipedia for a day too

  18. #2818
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    How did it get on wikipedia. How did you make it?

  19. #2819
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I didn't make it, someone asked me what OTF meant so I randomly said that then posted it on the omegle thread in OTF and someone put it under what OTF could mean It's gone now though

  20. #2820
    Third Team
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    ┼gotnes Stadion, ┼gotnes
    Posts
    8,257

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Oh god...(10)

  21. #2821
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    23rd November 2008
    Location
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football
    Posts
    5,237

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    ok i have a challenge idea

    i have posted it before and nobody tried it

    you start at the bottom of a multi tier league system like england or italy
    you chose a team in the lowest league
    you have to try and win the top league

    you can only get promoted once with each team

  22. #2822
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,020

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    That's quite a nice idea actually, although last time I played a career type game I found it pretty hard to move clubs early on. I think I'd already had three promotions by the time I managed to find another club.

  23. #2823
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,020

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Can anyone tell me what the reputations are for the English and Spanish leagues? Is the English league the highest?

  24. #2824
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    12th January 2008
    Location
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton
    Posts
    17,039

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    The League standards are equal, however the Premiership is '19' whilst Serie A and LIGA BBVA are '18'.

  25. #2825
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,020

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    The League standards are equal, however the Premiership is '19' whilst Serie A and LIGA BBVA are '18'.
    Thanks

  26. #2826
    Third Team
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    9,973

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Elaborating on my previous idea, I was thinking of making a Britain's Got Talent type thing (obviously the SI forums instead), I'd be the England manager and for each match, users would upload there tactic and choose the squad. At the end of each week, users would vote off who they wish to. The user with the mosts votes would then be eliminated.

  27. #2827
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,202

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    CV, would it be where you had say 20 people and they each took turns in selecting the team and tactic for the game and then, after each week, one of the users would be voted off?

    Problem is though, wouldn't the person who managed the first week get voted off because there was no one else to vote.

    I am thinking of a Big Brother Type idea with however many housemates are in the show in it for a sign-up.

    Does anyone know how many housemates there are in the show?

  28. #2828
    Third Team
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    9,973

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    No see, the first game, I would save before squad selection and everyone would design a tactic and pick the squad.

  29. #2829
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    12th January 2008
    Location
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton
    Posts
    17,039

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    CV, would it be where you had say 20 people and they each took turns in selecting the team and tactic for the game and then, after each week, one of the users would be voted off?

    Problem is though, wouldn't the person who managed the first week get voted off because there was no one else to vote.

    I am thinking of a Big Brother Type idea with however many housemates are in the show in it for a sign-up.

    Does anyone know how many housemates there are in the show?
    normally about 14/15 iirc

  30. #2830
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th May 2007
    Location
    Webber for F1 World Champion- Please!!!!
    Posts
    7,404

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Really good idea CV. If done dorrectly, could work out very much like the Apprentics which was a great sign-up!

  31. #2831
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd March 2009
    Location
    July next year.
    Posts
    939

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Hi all,

    As I keep invading everyone else's sign ups I thought I should have a go at repaying the debt and make one myself.

    Now, as it will be my first go I don't want to do anything fancy. I was thinking about doing a basic manager sign up, where say 10 people start in the BSS or BSN, pick your own club. To make things a little different CA would be 80 and PA 160. I thought it would be nice if some lower teams were involved in the sign up rather than the normal premiership etc.

    Obviously, eventually some may get there, but it would take a while and some lower teams should be involved along the way.

    You would be given a certain amount of points for attributes at the start. Also as a bit of fun you can create a member of staff, player or non player, who will also be CA 80 PA 160 who would be set to have you as favoured personnel and vice versa. You would then get to spend points etc on that member of staff, who and what that member is will be up to you.

    I do have a fairly busy RL but should be able to do an update a week, is that ok?

    Also I wanted to make sure that this isn't stepping on anybodies toes, so please say if I'm stealing ideas, it's been done etc. Suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

    At the end of the day it's just meant to be a thank you to the CSE'ers for letting me settle here in the month since I have joined.

    Many thanks

    Denther

  32. #2832
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th November 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Don't worry about feeling like you have stepped on anyones toes as it can be difficult to find something completely original to do. An update a week is fine as long as you make sure you let people know. You could try making it a father and son thing for something different as well.

    Good Luck

  33. #2833
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,202

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    It sounds like a good sign-up Denther if run well.

    An update a week is fine.

    A father son thing sounds interesting as Blowcrapup said and maybe you could include that. It isn't stepping on anybody's toes as this player and manager sign-ups are done quite often and if you can add some originality to it like father and son, then it would make it even better.

  34. #2834
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st March 2007
    Location
    FC Nordsjaelland
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I've been looking for that sign-up that comes with the database with all the teams mixed up, and all the names renamed, think it was named after Cities. Can somebody tell me where that is?

  35. #2835
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    12th January 2008
    Location
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton
    Posts
    17,039

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    the 'EPL' answer to the 'IPL', which can be found here. Don't know if you mean that you signed up and then never replied again, if this is the case you were most probably replaced.

  36. #2836
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th November 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I was playing on KOTOR yesterday morning and the idea dawned on me for a sign up. This is just a basic outline as the actual sign up will be slightly more complex (Lol reading it this may be complex enough). Huge apologies as this is quite long. I have tried to break it down slightly.

    Star Wars - Jedi vs Sith Sign Up

    The basic idea involves everyone being Jedi trying to root out two Sith among them. The sign up will end when either there are no more Jedi or no more naturally Dark people for the Sith to recruit from.

    This involves a number of users signing up using a basic form. They will all have 80 CA and 200 PA (with 3 exceptions) and would all have to take a small quiz, that I will make up, to determine their natural alignment (Dark, Light, Neutral). Then I will run a training period (one season ran separately to main game). Using a very basic scoring system I will then decide who lies where. This is where it gets a little more complex. The person with the highest score and the darkest alignment will become the Sith Master (I will tell him through PM), and will pick an Apprentice from the other dark players. Whilst the highest scoring person with a light alignment will become the star Jedi.

    Thats a rough very basic outline. There is a huge 1,300 word full outline which I will PM to anyone that wants to know more. (PM me for it) The small part above mentions a few things that are explained in the full one though. (It is pretty long and complex so I don't want to post it in here.) I may run this if there is enough interest alongside my other sign up but my other sign up will have priority, so this may be on hold at times if I go forward with it.

    * The is a limit on the number of chars a PM can contain so the idea PM will come in 4 parts.*
    Last edited by blowcrapup; 24-04-2009 at 08:59.

  37. #2837
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd March 2009
    Location
    July next year.
    Posts
    939

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Thanks for the feedback Blowcrapup and pnefc22.

    I do like the idea of father and son!

    It's between that or putting the story as the FA are fed up with fans complaining and so invite 10 fans to be managers. I will be adding a bit of story in the form of newspaper articles etc just to give it a bit more depth.

    I have more ideas for the fans idea, but will people prefer the father son idea? With the father son I was thinking of asking users to band together to make the father son, eg blowcrapup is dad (manager) pnefc22 is son (player).

    I will be messing about with the editor and finalising my idea hopefully tonight so if anyone has a preference between the two please let me know.

    BTW, Blowcrapup I like your Star Wars idea

  38. #2838
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Sounds very intriguing indeed! And I am guessing the hidden attribute "Dirtyness" might have something to do with a person's force alignment.

    Sending PM to you to request a read of that full outline in just a sec.

  39. #2839
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th November 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Denther View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Blowcrapup and pnefc22.

    I do like the idea of father and son!

    It's between that or putting the story as the FA are fed up with fans complaining and so invite 10 fans to be managers. I will be adding a bit of story in the form of newspaper articles etc just to give it a bit more depth.

    I have more ideas for the fans idea, but will people prefer the father son idea? With the father son I was thinking of asking users to band together to make the father son, eg blowcrapup is dad (manager) pnefc22 is son (player).

    I will be messing about with the editor and finalising my idea hopefully tonight so if anyone has a preference between the two please let me know.

    BTW, Blowcrapup I like your Star Wars idea
    You should do which ever one you prefer. You can always hold the other one back until the first one has finished.

    And I am guessing the hidden attribute "Dirtyness" might have something to do with a person's force alignment
    I didn't even consider that if I'm honest I was just going to go off the quiz results.

  40. #2840
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    6th October 2008
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post
    I didn't even consider that if I'm honest I was just going to go off the quiz results.
    Ah yeah, I read through your PMs and discovered that. Perhaps somehow both the "Aggression" and "Dirtyness" attributes of all participants can be worked into this idea and tweaked as we go along the game? So your quiz to firstly determine the alignment of all participants prior to the game start, and then these two attributes come into play during the course of the game.

    Both these attributes affect a player's discipline right? So participants could use the yellow/red cards accrued over a season as a hint of each other's alignment. But to make it not too obvious who is attuned to the light and who is attuned to the dark, everyone should start off with a high "aggression" of something like 15 while in addition, dark aligned jedis have 10 "dirtyness" and the two members of the Sith have 15 "dirtyness" (Jedis have 0).

    Then as we progress on with the Jedi council, each time a Jedi is falsely accused of being dark when in fact he is light, he makes the gradual fall towards the dark side as feelings of indignation and rage course through him and his "dirtyness" gets bumped up to 5. He can then perhaps be manipulated by the Sith Lord and Apprentice in some way, and should the manipulation prove successful, he then becomes dark-aligned and joins the rest of his brethren at 10 "dirtyness".

    This is just something rough though, and probably needs a lot more thinking through to be successfully incorporated into your idea. Nevertheless, some food for thought.
    Last edited by Ediocy; 24-04-2009 at 09:23.

  41. #2841
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th November 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I like the idea of Dark Aligned players being more aggressive and dirty as it would make it slightly easier to discover the Sith and gives it some base rather than making it pure guess work.

    I really like your idea on the Jedi slowly falling to the Dark side if they are falsely accused as it goes very well with my idea for it. My idea was based on the Alignment. If a person was falsly accused had an Dark or Neutral alignment then they would leave the order and become a "hermit" and would not be allowed to be in the Council. If they were light sided then nothing would happen as a light person would accept it as normal.

    However I now may combine this with your idea of falling towards the dark side. Anyone falsely accused would lose a point of their alignment scale. Anyone who slid into the dark side or neutrality will leave the order while a Jedi will stay but will not be allowed to join the Council next time round. Serving on the Council will increase the person's scale (unless they are Sith).

    This though, like the whole thing still, needs to be fined tuned. Its also not very well explained but hopefully you can get the jist of it.

  42. #2842
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st March 2007
    Location
    FC Nordsjaelland
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    the 'EPL' answer to the 'IPL', which can be found here. Don't know if you mean that you signed up and then never replied again, if this is the case you were most probably replaced.
    Nah, I wanted to download the database to play it. I was too late to sign up.

  43. #2843
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th September 2008
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Here's an idea for a challenge: your aim is to maximize the number of matches you are in charge for for any one year, but with one important caveat: you are not allowed to remain at the same club for more than one match at a time. Play a match for a club, and you must resign before that club plays its next match.

    You might think this idea was inspired by the behaviour of a certain contributor to this forum. You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

  44. #2844
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st July 2007
    Location
    Michigan/New York (depends on time of year)
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    blowcrapup, for the Jedi sign-up, you should incorporate ambition for each of the Sith or anyone who has a chance to become Sith because that is one thing that leads to the Dark Side.

  45. #2845
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th November 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by spartans5 View Post
    blowcrapup, for the Jedi sign-up, you should incorporate ambition for each of the Sith or anyone who has a chance to become Sith because that is one thing that leads to the Dark Side.
    It could work for the first time round for the 2 initial Sith with the one with the highest ambition becoming the master but after that it follows the ways of the Sith laid down in the games and novels (Apprentice becomes master/Master picks new Apprentice)

  46. #2846
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th April 2009
    Location
    NTI, Of Course!
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I have an idea for a big sign-up - based on forum members creating a team in a lower league, and a Backbone of the team - basically 4 players, a GK, DC, MC and ST that are fiercely loyal with 100 CA and a chosen PA (should stay with the team) and a bunch of random 80 CA/ 120 PA loyal youngsters - the aim would be to take the team to the champions of that countries top division.

    The focus would be on the team, not on the Backbone - they would be able to spend points on various attributes - including which backbone player has -10 for PA, which has -9, which has -8 etc. Points would also be available to spend on starting cash, youth facilities, training etc as per other sign ups - but I hope to give as much freedom to create a club to see who gets to the top fastest.

    Considering my current sign up is quite a cut down version of other "Lets take a rubbish international team and see what amazing youth can do" - I am aiming to fill the lower leagues, so some teams get relegated, and some will definitely get promoted.

    Will something like this work? Will fiercely loyal players with good CA actually stay with the teams? I will only load the one league.

    Also updates wise - Since this is going to be quite a few clubs, what format should updates take?

    Also I like the idea of forum members getting involved during the sign up - but I can't think of anything apart from messing with reputation of the clubs - in a draft system - so that the worst clubs (that didn't get relegated!) get the pick of the talent etc.
    Last edited by Hawkini; 27-04-2009 at 16:16.

  47. #2847
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Experiment/Sign up/Challenge all in one idea. Each member chooses a country, an obscure country and edits all the domestic clubs to top facilities eg 20 training 20 youth. They then post results promising regens etc and I do a league table for it. Feedback welcome

  48. #2848
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I take it the ebay sign up that you were gonna do until the end is over then?

  49. #2849
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    No certainly not. This wouldn't require any work from my behalf as the participants would edit their game post updates etc. I would just be doing league table.

  50. #2850
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    6th December 2007
    Posts
    15,768

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    Experiment/Sign up/Challenge all in one idea. Each member chooses a country, an obscure country and edits all the domestic clubs to top facilities eg 20 training 20 youth. They then post results promising regens etc and I do a league table for it. Feedback welcome
    Don't even bother trying, that's my feedback.

    You know and we all know that you're not going to follow a sign-up, challenge or anything all the way through.

  51. #2851
    Third Team
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    9,973

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    Experiment/Sign up/Challenge all in one idea. Each member chooses a country, an obscure country and edits all the domestic clubs to top facilities eg 20 training 20 youth. They then post results promising regens etc and I do a league table for it. Feedback welcome
    A league table for what? How promising the regens are? You're asking us to do the experiment you're doing now. Ridleys feedback is perfect.

  52. #2852
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    OK mate. Just an idea I had

  53. #2853
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    AI experiment- So unreal

    I have always been intrigued by the use real players option but never unticked so the game plays with unreal players. As well as updating about the footballing world with these unreal players I will create AFC Wembley and put them in the BSS. They will have excellent facilities and a high rep along with sugar daddy.

  54. #2854
    mikeytwigge
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    maybe actually do some updates for this first

  55. #2855
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I will eat my laptop if you do that to completion

  56. #2856
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    6th December 2007
    Posts
    15,768

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    AI experiment- So unreal

    I have always been intrigued by the use real players option but never unticked so the game plays with unreal players. As well as updating about the footballing world with these unreal players I will create AFC Wembley and put them in the BSS. They will have excellent facilities and a high rep along with sugar daddy.
    Just stop please.

    Thanks.

  57. #2857
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Stop talking to that brick wall Ridleys ;)

  58. #2858
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Cheers for comments guys

  59. #2859
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    6th December 2007
    Posts
    15,768

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    No problem. It's what we're here for

  60. #2860
    Third Team
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    9,973

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    AI experiment- So unreal

    I have always been intrigued by the use real players option but never unticked so the game plays with unreal players. As well as updating about the footballing world with these unreal players I will create AFC Wembley and put them in the BSS. They will have excellent facilities and a high rep along with sugar daddy.
    A few words of advice - running as much sign ups as you can will not get you respect, and will not get you popular. What you do in them is what will gain you respect. Because of your tendency to slack and get distracted, your respect may just be below zero. I advise you to get a sign-up (your ebay one is good), stick with it and earn some respect. It will go a long way in this forum.

  61. #2861
    mikeytwigge
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    yeah its never too late. Roberto used to be just like you ;) (no offence roberto) but he cleaned up his act and is now a respected member of the forum. Good luck with the ebay sign up

  62. #2862
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I was never like m123 I ran my first sign up through to completion (well, the final anyway) and I've only had a few

    Cut deep ;)

  63. #2863
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,546

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    m123 is in his own class in terms of epic failness in CSEs.

    I remember roberto's European Championship signup. Quite enjoyable.

    For me, I think my (hopefully) annual FM A New World CSE and my Asian/African challenge will take up most of my time in future releases of FM.

  64. #2864
    mikeytwigge
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    didnt mean in terms of sign up i meant he used to wind people up

  65. #2865
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Not that much fgs.

  66. #2866
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,546

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeytwigge View Post
    didnt mean in terms of sign up i meant he used to wind people up
    He still does. Occasionally. (to m123 of course ;))

  67. #2867
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Say what? Were you saying I do or m123 does?

    Mind you I still seem to get canvey!!s nose a bit :/

  68. #2868
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    16th June 2007
    Location
    The Cildania Database is Complete
    Posts
    1,942

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    m123 needs all his future sign ups closed down until he takes whatever one he is currently running to a satisfactory end. Or just state he isn't welcome here.

  69. #2869
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Well, I will start updates for my eBay sign up tommorow and then depending on time etc might start my experiment.

  70. #2870
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    You know in the awards is their a most annoying user award if so I think I might win

  71. #2871
    Third Team
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    9,973

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Really, don't. Stick with the sign-up because we all know your attention will keep wandering.

  72. #2872
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    OK then I'll just do my sign up.

  73. #2873
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th May 2007
    Location
    Webber for F1 World Champion- Please!!!!
    Posts
    7,404

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    You are on record saying that you will start it tomorrow!

  74. #2874
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    You know in the awards is their a most annoying user award if so I think I might win
    Not atm but we added a couple last time so we might add it this year ;)

  75. #2875
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,546

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    m123, there's an award for failed challenges/signups/experiments iirc. Your chances of winning an award is very high.

  76. #2876
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    iirc it's best failed idea, thankfully 'it could be you whos crap' should be up for sign up of the year (imo) rather than best failed idea this year. When are the awards? I seem to remember it being around august, definitely after July because I was halfway through the CSE Euros

  77. #2877
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,546

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Late August according to last year's thread.

    I think my challenge would be eligible for some awards.

    And maybe try and get Javier - YP4 to be the most well known footballer in CSE.

  78. #2878
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Probably still gonna be Wallace vs Roberts

    EDIT: And Jimbos dissapeared just in time for the awards again ;)
    Last edited by roberto922; 01-05-2009 at 07:36.

  79. #2879
    Third Team
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    ┼gotnes Stadion, ┼gotnes
    Posts
    8,257

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Late August according to last year's thread.

    I think my challenge would be eligible for some awards.

    And maybe try and get Javier - YP4 to be the most well known footballer in CSE.
    Hmmm Might just have to make it Javier. Of course i could try and push one of my own players through. Or vote for King Rodriguez. Basically anyone from the Jose RR Challenge :P

  80. #2880
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th May 2007
    Location
    Webber for F1 World Champion- Please!!!!
    Posts
    7,404

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.


    EDIT: And Jimbos dissapeared just in time for the awards again ;)
    He's good at that isn't he

  81. #2881
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th May 2007
    Location
    Webber for F1 World Champion- Please!!!!
    Posts
    7,404

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    Hmmm Might just have to make it Javier. Of course i could try and push one of my own players through. Or vote for King Rodriguez. Basically anyone from the Jose RR Challenge :P
    There have been a few rippers to come out of that challenge this year, But if I remember correctly, not to many Portugese one's

    As an idea, I reckon that someone who's actually going to play the challenge should start it! I don't mind doing it, but only if the more seasoned forumites from that challenge agree!

  82. #2882
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Whos jimbos? So these awards are in august?

  83. #2883
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    JimboKav is a user that used to be a regular on here, one of the best posters.

  84. #2884
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    So why did he disappear?

  85. #2885
    roberto922
    Guest

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    He just stopped posting, personal life took priority I guess

  86. #2886
    Third Team
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    ┼gotnes Stadion, ┼gotnes
    Posts
    8,257

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by PluckaDuck View Post
    There have been a few rippers to come out of that challenge this year, But if I remember correctly, not to many Portugese one's

    As an idea, I reckon that someone who's actually going to play the challenge should start it! I don't mind doing it, but only if the more seasoned forumites from that challenge agree!
    Yeah Portugal had some technical issues, were some stars in the league, but mostly they weren't from Portugal haha. Gotta be some good players there though. Yeah its a bit disappointing that we have never seen Jose playing it this year, and only barely the season before

  87. #2887
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    17th June 2007
    Location
    Turkey for now, soon to be Gabon!
    Posts
    5,455

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    Yeah its a bit disappointing that we have never seen Jose playing it this year, and only barely the season before
    Even more annoying for me that I posted in this very thread that I would start the 'Small CLub From A Big Euro Nation' challenge if people were interested and then ran some test games to look at reset dates etc, only to look the next day and see that he had gone and started it! And then he didn't even play more than a season or two.... :mad:

    Nevermind, as a result of not starting that thread, I used my spare time to run the Treasure Island sign-up instead.

  88. #2888
    Third Team
    Join Date
    30th March 2007
    Location
    FMS Prediction League 2011-12 Champion
    Posts
    8,967

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Hello all. Been a while since I've been here.

    Being quite the car nut, I was thinking about a challenge, probably a fun one, that involves teams where they have car factories nearby.

    Meaning that, folks can take some of these teams and see how far they go. Not a serious challenge, but perhaps it could be a competition to see which is the 'best' car maker.

    So far I've got:
    The very obvious one, Vuaxhall Motors in Conference North
    Sunderland, Premiership (Nissan)
    Coventry, Championship (Jaguar)
    Crewe, League One (Rolls Royce)
    Swindon, League One (Toyota)
    Solihull, Conference North (Land Rover)

    Overseas I've got:
    Wolfsburg, Bundesliga (Volkswagen)
    Stuttgart, Bundesliga (Mercedes, Porsche)
    Ingolstadt, 2.Bundesliga (Audi)
    Modena, Serie B (Ferrari)
    Bolgona, Serie A (Lamborghini)

    I probably sound like an idiot, but what do you guys think?

  89. #2889
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Huddersfield Town and Liversedge FC
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Interesting idea ben actually it's a good idea.

  90. #2890
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th November 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenArsenal View Post
    Hello all. Been a while since I've been here.

    Being quite the car nut, I was thinking about a challenge, probably a fun one, that involves teams where they have car factories nearby.

    Meaning that, folks can take some of these teams and see how far they go. Not a serious challenge, but perhaps it could be a competition to see which is the 'best' car maker.

    So far I've got:
    The very obvious one, Vuaxhall Motors in Conference North
    Sunderland, Premiership (Nissan)
    Coventry, Championship (Jaguar)
    Crewe, League One (Rolls Royce)
    Swindon, League One (Toyota)
    Solihull, Conference North (Land Rover)

    Overseas I've got:
    Wolfsburg, Bundesliga (Volkswagen)
    Stuttgart, Bundesliga (Mercedes, Porsche)
    Ingolstadt, 2.Bundesliga (Audi)
    Modena, Serie B (Ferrari)
    Bolgona, Serie A (Lamborghini)

    I probably sound like an idiot, but what do you guys think?
    You can add Juventus and Torino to that list as Fiat is based in Turin. Seems like quite a good idea.

  91. #2891
    Third Team
    Join Date
    30th March 2007
    Location
    FMS Prediction League 2011-12 Champion
    Posts
    8,967

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post
    You can add Juventus and Torino to that list as Fiat is based in Turin. Seems like quite a good idea.
    Oh yes. Turin. The Fiat city.

    I'm not sure which of the teams most suit BMW though. Could be Bayern or 1860 Munich, but I have a small inkling it could even be Nurnburg.

  92. #2892
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th November 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenArsenal View Post
    Oh yes. Turin. The Fiat city.

    I'm not sure which of the teams most suit BMW though. Could be Bayern or 1860 Munich, but I have a small inkling it could even be Nurnburg.
    Although I'm sure Fiat own Ferrari as well.

    Coventry colud also be Aston Martin but you could use Birmingham for more variety.

  93. #2893
    Third Team
    Join Date
    30th March 2007
    Location
    FMS Prediction League 2011-12 Champion
    Posts
    8,967

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post
    Although I'm sure Fiat own Ferrari as well.

    Coventry colud also be Aston Martin but you could use Birmingham for more variety.
    Fiat do own Ferrari, but they maintain a separate base.

    Also, Milan is home to Alfa Romeo. That expands it further.

    Aston Martin is in Gaydon, in Warwickshire. Geographically the nearest football team is Nuneaton (I think).

    Finally, I just remembered. Norwich (Norfolk actually, but close enough) is home to Lotus.

  94. #2894
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th November 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    I looked at google maps and Coventry looked the closest but I may have overlooked Nuneaton.

  95. #2895
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd March 2009
    Location
    July next year.
    Posts
    939

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenArsenal View Post
    Hello all. Been a while since I've been here.

    Being quite the car nut, I was thinking about a challenge, probably a fun one, that involves teams where they have car factories nearby.

    Meaning that, folks can take some of these teams and see how far they go. Not a serious challenge, but perhaps it could be a competition to see which is the 'best' car maker.

    So far I've got:
    The very obvious one, Vuaxhall Motors in Conference North
    Sunderland, Premiership (Nissan)
    Coventry, Championship (Jaguar)
    Crewe, League One (Rolls Royce)
    Swindon, League One (Toyota)
    Solihull, Conference North (Land Rover)

    Overseas I've got:
    Wolfsburg, Bundesliga (Volkswagen)
    Stuttgart, Bundesliga (Mercedes, Porsche)
    Ingolstadt, 2.Bundesliga (Audi)
    Modena, Serie B (Ferrari)
    Bolgona, Serie A (Lamborghini)

    I probably sound like an idiot, but what do you guys think?
    Hi Ben, good idea but Toyota aren't in Swindon

    Swindon has two manufacturers - Honda and Mini BMW

  96. #2896
    Third Team
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    ┼gotnes Stadion, ┼gotnes
    Posts
    8,257

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    You could always go for the clubs around the world that are actually named after automobile industries there are a fair few of them. The themed clubs is always a great idea for a challenge or sign-up I thought.

  97. #2897
    Third Team
    Join Date
    30th March 2007
    Location
    FMS Prediction League 2011-12 Champion
    Posts
    8,967

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Denther View Post
    Hi Ben, good idea but Toyota aren't in Swindon

    Swindon has two manufacturers - Honda and Mini BMW
    Oh yeah. Swindon is Honda.

    Toyota is in Derby I think.

    This need a bit of work and planning. I'll think about how to do this as a challenge soon.

  98. #2898
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    17th June 2007
    Location
    Turkey for now, soon to be Gabon!
    Posts
    5,455

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Maybe this could be the May Community enrichment thread - which clubs around the world are located near/named after car manufacturers? ;)

    In Turkey, Fiat own the TOFAS company and they have a plant in Bursa. There is also a team called OYAK Renaultspor but you would have to wait for them to get promoted from an unplayable league first.

  99. #2899
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,020

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Peugeot are based in Sochaux if that helps.

  100. #2900
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    20th September 2007
    Location
    Voller/Ramos/Miller
    Posts
    1,894

    Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

    Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing an experiment but I'm stuck for ideas. Anything anyone would be interested to find out ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts