+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Third Team

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Ah.

Thank you.

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

did you just take a break from the forum then, or were you arrested/in a coma etc?

Third Team

I was in the Navy, and then out again.

Bit of a long story actually.

Third Team

Ah yes, I remember you leaving the Forum's to enter the Navy. Welcome back Mate!

Third Team

Thank you all.

Now that I have some free time, and with my recently acquired computer and FM09, I will be slowly immersing myself back into the wonderful world of FM...

Third Team

Anyway, I have an idea for a challenge I would like to run past you guys here before starting a new thread.

It's called the Extremes of Europe challenge. Basically taking the Northernmost, Easternmost, Westernmost and Southernmost European clubs to Champions League glory.

I have even researched what these clubs are.

Third Team

Quite creative mate. Have absolutely no idea who the clubs would be, but am interested

Third Team

A quick rundown:

Northernmost - Tromso in Norway. The most northern top flight club in the world apparantly, located above the Arctic Circle. Already quite an established team in Norway's top flight, so should be the easiest to achive European glory.

Easternmost - Luch Vladivostok. I think there was a challenge done with this team before. Anyway, a small team located in Vladivostok on Russia's eastern seaboard, they're closer to Japan and China than Moscow. Also plays in the top flight, but more often fighting relegation than challenging for honours.

Southernmost - Either Tenerife, Las Palmas or Vecindario. Located in the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa. Both Tenerife and Las Palmas have some success in the past, but are now in Spain's Segunda Division. Vecindario (in FM09 at least) are one division below and would be a tougher challenge, but I suppose with Spain's league ranking with UEFA, should be easier once you make it to the top flight.

Westernmost - Santa Clara, in Portugal's Liga Honra. Plays in the Azores Islands, 1,500km from mainland Portugal and, at its most Western point, only 2,000km away from St John's, Canada. You will have the tough challenge of breaking Portugal's big 3 should you attempt this.

Depending on which team you go for, you could be bringing the European Cup to Africa, Asia, America or even the Arctic.
    Last edited by BenArsenal; 04-02-2009 at 08:24.

Youth Team

Nice idea. For an even longer term challenge, you could have all of those leagues running and try to make a career out of managing all of them

Third Team

So would it be OK for me to start a thread now?

I'm still figuring out how to run a challenge. So far I'm deciding on not much rules.

First Team Squad Member

go for it, definitely looks interesting and I would take part in it if I had the time now that my Dafuge's challenge effort has gone to pot.

Third Team

I'll cobble something up tomorrow.

Bit late now. Time for bed.

Reserves

Basically go with similar rules to Dafuge and all that especially with transfers

World Cup Winner

Anyone fancy running the second community challenge?

If so, send me a PM with an idea for a challenge.

The details are up to you but it can't be more than one season.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Anyone fancy running the second community challenge?

If so, send me a PM with an idea for a challenge.

The details are up to you but it can't be more than one season.
    I think my idea will cause a public outcry from the FM community, and it's from a country that has football and soccer.

Are custom databases allowed for community challenges?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I think my idea will cause a public outcry from the FM community, and it's from a country that has football and soccer.

Are custom databases allowed for community challenges?
    I don't see why not, as long as it is something that will interest a large number of people.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I don't see why not, as long as it is something that will interest a large number of people.
    Oh, that scraps MLS and the Asian Leagues.

Pm'ed my idea daf.

Part-timer

Ok basically I have an Idea where I use the free player database, and stick all the premiership clubs with the same reputation so therefore United and Chelsea will not get all the best players.

I then ask someone to sign up a talented youngster for each premiership club.

Note: I have also changed all the teams names

Any interest?

EDIT: I've also changed everyone in the leagues finances to the same
    Last edited by LCFCtillidie; 08-02-2009 at 11:37.

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Quote Originally Posted by LCFCtillidie View Post
    Ok basically I have an Idea where I use the free player database, and stick all the premiership clubs with the same reputation so therefore United and Chelsea will not get all the best players.

I then ask someone to sign up a talented youngster for each premiership club.

Note: I have also changed all the teams names

Any interest?

EDIT: I've also changed everyone in the leagues finances to the same
    How about this.

You have your database, with the names of the clubs changed. Then you get 20 people to sign up each taking a club.

Each sign-upee then has to pick five players: 1 u17, 1 u20, 1 u23, 1 u30 and 1 30+. All the other players will then be signed by the club ( it would be much easier if you added the players to the clubs in the database first).

You then simulate the season and see who wins.

I haven't thought how to do it for a second season yet though.

Semi Pro

Hi,

I haven't posted in this thread before, and I have never started my own sign-up, but i'm thinking about giving it a go.

I haven't scrolled through all 22 pages of this thread, and so I apologise in advance if this sort of thing has been mentioned previously.

Anyway, here goes.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Dave.s sign-up 'A Trillionaires Playground'. In this thread the creation of and coming together of countries developed, and it has become part of the sign-up now. Anyway, my idea has been influenced by this.

What I am thinking of doing is creating maybe a 4 or 5 tier league system. Within these leagues will be football teams who are based in different countries (1 team per country), and then these countries will be grouped together according to global position to form collaborations.

The target for these collaborations is to, at somepoint in the future, become the most prominent region of the world in football, and dominate the top flight.

The collaborations will have countries (or football teams) in different leagues, and so the top flight teams will be looking to help out the lower league teams by sending them players on loan through a parent/feeder club link. (i'm not sure how this will work - but i'll come back to that)

The teams will be placed in different leagues based on reputations.

An example of the collaborations could be as follows:

The United Nations of South America (UNSA):

Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Columbia, Uruguay, Paraguay....

The United Nations of North and Central America (UNNCA):

Canada, USA, Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica, Cuba....

Then the other regions of the world will also be represented.

I think using a no player database is probably best, and then scaling facilities down to suit the league the team is in i.e. top flight teams having the best facilities (probably not perfect though), and then as you move down the league they get progressively lower.

I probably have missed out a few things, but this idea has literally just come to my mind. Please point out the faults, and areas in which this could be improved (which there is probably many), and I hope this gets interest, and one day soon gets going

Thanks for listening
    Last edited by tomsmith1989; 08-02-2009 at 20:25.

Amateur

I have a silly idea for an experiment that might have been suggested before:

What if we took the english league system and put it upside down? Take the premiership and championship clubs and put them into the regional leagues, league 1 and 2 into Blue Square north/south, Blue Square Premier could kinda stay there already, blue square north/south into league 1 and 2 then and well all the regional league teams into the championship and premiership.

Just an early sketch up, im not sure of how many teams are in each league, but it strikes me as interesting to see how english football world would shape up in a matter of 10 seasons.

Third Team

Waghlon: It's a very common format (relatively), and recently it was proposed that club threads join the CSE Forum. In that debate I argued that the new influx of users would result in a repetition of this experiment idea, and usually it would fail.

That meaning, it's a very likely experiment to fail simply because it's a good idea but its creator doesn't have the interest to keep it going. I also said that it would be excellent if somebody could run that for a significant period of time, i.e. successfully. If you believe you have the determination to see it to the end then you should go for it.

Semi Pro

just a small update to my idea a couple of posts up:

Its going to be a 4 tier system, but I am not sure of which leagues to replace.

I'm thinking of setting the reputation of the top league to be that of the English Premier League, and incrementally lower it down the divisions. As for the club reputations, I am undecided on wether to stick with the country reputations, or have the reputations to be set to that of the best clubs in the world for the clubs in the top league, and decrease down the leagues. Anther option would be to have the coallitions start with a 'Reputation points'. This reputation points will be a figure from which the members of the coalition come to an agreement of how to spread the reputation between them to hopefully have the best affect.

Another issue I am having currently is how many teams to have. A 4 tier league system with 10 clubs per league will mean 40 sign-upees. This sounds like a lot. Can anyone shed any light onto this as to wether it will work or not?

EDIT: Also, staying with the 'reputation points' theme, a similar system may be introduced for things such as starting budget, stadium capacity etc...

Also, for example, if I replaced the English leagues down to league two, and put 10 teams in each, would teams get relegated from the bottom league, and then other teams come up?
    Last edited by tomsmith1989; 08-02-2009 at 21:25.

Reserves

rancer: Ok lads. I have an idea! It's MLS related!!!

SI Community: Oh no, rancer is ramming MLS down our throats!! Pesky North Americans!!

rancer: you have no choice!

---

Anyways my idea:

Name: TBD

Concept: Traveling across North America, and managing every single MLS team playable in the 2008 MLS season to glory. You must win every trophy possible (except maybe the Club World Championship...even the MLS expert is struggling with that.. )

And congratulations once you're finished your tour. But you're not done yet! You must take a Caribbean team below 100th in the World Rankings once you're finished your North American tour to the World Cup and win with them!

Setup
    • only MLS is allowed, you can't defect to Europe!
    • load other nations: Canada, US, and as many Caribbean nations as you want (preferably all Caribbean nations if possible). BUT NO MEXICO!!!
    Other Rules
    • you can manage club and country if you wish
    • you cannot manage your country until you completed the club portion of the challenge however
    • if you cannot get a national team job, you must retire your manager and holiday for 5 years, and then you will be allow to manage the national team with the lowest ranking.
    Any suggestions/additions about this? (outside of not releasing this challenge lol)

Third Team

rancer: Ok lads. I have an idea! It's MLS related!!!

SI Community: Oh no, rancer is ramming MLS down our throats!! Pesky North Americans!!

rancer: you have no choice!

---

Anyways my idea:

Name: TBD

Concept: Traveling across North America, and managing every single MLS team playable in the 2008 MLS season to glory. You must win every trophy possible (except maybe the Club World Championship...even the MLS expert is struggling with that.. )

And congratulations once you're finished your tour. But you're not done yet! You must take a Caribbean team below 100th in the World Rankings once you're finished your North American tour to the World Cup and win with them!

Setup
    • load other nations: Canada, US, and as many Caribbean nations as you want (preferably all Caribbean nations if possible). BUT NO MEXICO!!!
    Other Rules
    • you cannot manage your country until you completed the club portion of the challenge however
    • if you cannot get a national team job, you must retire your manager and holiday for 5 years, and then you will be allow to manage the national team with the lowest ranking.
    Any suggestions/additions about this? (outside of not releasing this challenge lol)
    It seems a good idea but what is wrong with Mexico?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    It seems a good idea but what is wrong with Mexico?
    I had a bad experience with a Mexican Jumping Bean.

In all seriousness, I'm not too fond of Mexico. Mainly because they have their own league that's playable in FM. Mexican regens will still pop up for sure though even without Mexico being loaded. Would you want Mexico?

I guess consider it the forgotten country in North America.

Youth Team
    You should'be told her the truth. Dreams crumble to dust.

Mexico won the 2010 WC in my game so would be too easy I recon

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    Mexico won the 2010 WC in my game so would be too easy I recon
    Then I suggest trying it out once I sort the specifics of my challenge.

I'm surprised you haven't tried a challenge in the A-League.

Youth Team

Then I suggest trying it out once I sort the specifics of my challenge.

I'm surprised you haven't tried a challenge in the A-League.
    Haha I'm not going to waste my time, the best challenge I could set would be to get rid of it.

Saying that Robbie Fowler is on his way next season so they're definately still going for the "has-been trying to get a few more years out of his career" angle which is nice

Not that the MLS is a lot better

EDIT: If you go ahead with that challenge you're probably gonna need to explain the whole draft thing in the OP
    Last edited by Whoopy D; 09-02-2009 at 04:25.

Third Team

Surprise, Surprise, an idea from Rancer involving the MLS

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

hehe rancr i love it

i have done it with toronto actually

i love tfc

Reserves

Ah, looks nice the reaction thus far was better than I thought.

MeLikeFM, a great team to support. GO TFC!

I hope to put this idea up this week after I get a biology test out of the way. (Barring any objections on whether to allow a Mexican invasion to MLS )

First Team Squad Member

any MLS challenge would be so much better if it was incorporated into the Scottish/English Leagues. Scottish being the easiest due to the lack of American teams. Just a little input from myself because the MLS is to confusing for myself.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    any MLS challenge would be so much better if it was incorporated into the Scottish/English Leagues. Scottish being the easiest due to the lack of American teams. Just a little input from myself because the MLS is to confusing for myself.
    Not a bad idea actually (got me an idea thinking how MLS teams can compete in a European league like Scotland, but that's a discussion for another day )

I want to stick with the Drafts, and the roster restrictions, which is why I don't want to switch leagues for this challenge.

First Team Squad Member

Not a bad idea actually (got me an idea thinking how MLS teams can compete in a European league like Scotland, but that's a discussion for another day )

I want to stick with the Drafts, and the roster restrictions, which is why I don't want to switch leagues for this challenge.
    fair enough, would be interesting if you ever got round to making an 'American Scotland' though.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    fair enough, would be interesting if you ever got round to making an 'American Scotland' though.
    Ah, I got no time, with two active (soon to be 3) challenges, and a signup that I seriously need to update (but so busy these days with school, and slightly demotivated by roberto's departure ).

Hope someone tries the 'American Scotland' idea out.

Semi Pro

Ah, I got no time, with two active (soon to be 3) challenges, and a signup that I seriously need to update (but so busy these days with school, and slightly demotivated by roberto's departure ).
    What happened to him???

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
    What happened to him???
    Left on voluntary ban to focus on his academics. Should be back around April I think...

Semi Pro

Sensible boy...

Third Team

Pfft. Some people can manage time. I spend much to long on the forums, and I still got a nerdish set of exam results.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by weeeman27bob View Post
    Pfft. Some people can manage time. I spend much to long on the forums, and I still got a nerdish set of exam results.
    Hello new nerdy friend.

Everyone's different I suppose...just hope roberto comes back, and stays.

What's your take on my MLS idea?

Reserves

Exactly the same

I quite like your idea rancer. Just trying to understand it. So we will have eventually won every cup with every MLS team?

Banned

Some good ideas in here

Let me know if there are any new ones, as everytime i try to sign up i end up too late!

Youth Team

I am pondering a new challenge to do with in-game sons but it would have a limited capacity.

I havn't had an in-game son so I couldn't compete

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by minisav View Post
    Exactly the same

I quite like your idea rancer. Just trying to understand it. So we will have eventually won every cup with every MLS team?
    Yes, all 14 of them.

The reason why I say every single team because imo it's not hard to win the league...with all the parity and such.

Reserves

Name: rancer890's FM09 MLS North American Challenge

Aim:
    To achieve success across North America, managing all 14 MLS teams playable in FM09 to domestic glory. Once you have completed this, you are to guide a national team in the CONCACAF region below 100th in the FIFA rankings and lead them to the World Cup, and eventually win it.

All the teams in MLS (playable in FM09, which means no Seattle Sounders FC)

MLS Teams
    Code:
    Chicago Fire
    Chivas USA
    Colorado Rapids
    Columbus Crew
    DC United
    FC Dallas
    Houston Dynamo
    Kansas City Wizards
    LA Galaxy
    New England Revolution
    New York Red Bulls
    Real Salt Lake
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Toronto FC
    International Countries Eligible (you don't have to load all of them of course...)
    Code:
    Anguilla
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Aruba
    Bahamas
    Barbados
    Belize
    Bermuda
    British Virgin Islands
    Cayman Islands
    Costa Rica
    Cuba
    Dominica
    Dominican Republic
    El Salvador
    French Guyana
    Grenada
    Guadeloupe
    Guatemala
    Guyana
    Haiti
    Honduras
    Jamaica
    Martinique
    Montserrat
    Netherland Antilles
    Nicaragua
    Panama
    Puerto Rico
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Saint Lucia
    Saint Vincent and the Grenaldines
    Suriname
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    US Virgin Islands
    The Trophies
    • MLS Cup
    • Supporters Shield
    • US Open Cup (except Toronto FC of course)
    • SuperLiga
    • Pan-Pacific Championship
    • Canadian Championship (Toronto FC only)
    • CONCACAF Champions League
    • Club World Championship (you don't have to win this with every team, but you must win it to complete the club portion of this challenge)
    Setup
    • load other nations: Canada, US, and as many Caribbean nations as you want
    Other Rules

Scouting Guidelines
    You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread
    Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

Post a screenshot here when you start this challenge.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

---

Anything else some of you might want to add?

Semi Pro

Maybe too little too late... but won't it get a bit repetitive, what with winning with every single club???

Other than that, looks like a good OP

Reserves

Not at all. Darn you rancer! You've given me another challenge to do after dafuge's

The order now is:

Gundo's/Razer's
    Europe Extremes
    Rancer's MLS

Third Team

Nah, Look's pretty good Rancer, Are you going to limit the amount of people at the one club, So we don't get 6 peoplestarting at Toronto FC?

I reckon I will give this a go Rancer, But as usual, It all depends on a certain Greenlandic team!

Reserves

Blanco: Honesty, I won everything club-wise with TFC except the Club World Championship in 3 years. So I thought of maybe making it harder.

I look at the other challenges, and they take forever. So I decided on winning with every team...

And I don't think you can get bored of winning. Not me anyways.

minisav: sorry mate. Sad to see it's way down the pecking order though.

PluckaDuck: I don't mind expanding TFC's fanbase on the forums at all.

Reserves

It's alright. It went by chronological order.

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

toronto are great on FM

so many foreigners hahaha
    i got lucky in NACL first season but i think that will be hard to win

Reserves

It's up now.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Waghlon View Post
    I have a silly idea for an experiment that might have been suggested before...
    Larger update on this: Ive sucessfully tipped the whole thing upside down. Sub-100 clubs in the Prem, most league 1 clubs and everything above that strewn rather randomly into the three leagues below BSN/S and in a fit of fever, the 850 rep club Harrow disappeared and reemerged in league 2 with me afraid of changing it because i could break the whole thing. And ive almost done an entire season with it now and it appears to be working.

Now i just need to figure out how to shape it into an AI experiment/holiday game...

Semi Pro

I am going to be doing a similar experiment to last season (the 200 years of holidaying in England). What I want to know is what you all want to know about regen creation and/or development. I am open to any suggestions of what I should be looking for in each crop of regens that pass through England.

The things that I will definitely be doing are:
    Nationalities of every crop of regens.
    Number and club of high-potential regens (170+ PA)
    Analysis of the youth intake at Blackburn each season to keep track of how good their regens are, how good they are at judging their abilities, and what level their regens drop down to after not making the grade at Blackburn.
    Some accounting of breakdown of regen CAs.

I will probably run a test season or two on the second patch just to see how my computer handles it before I run the full version on the last patch. Go ahead and give me suggestions on what I can look at. Please keep in mind that I will be looking at each crop of regens individually as opposed to analyzing all regens over time and the regens that clubs are bringing in from abroad.

Youth Team

Bring this to everyone's attention again.

I am currently testing out a code which will let me make future regens appear in the game.
    (this is in a thread in GD called 'Regen' if anyone wants to check it out)

And, if it works I will be making it into a sign-up etc.?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by roversawh7 View Post
    I am going to be doing a similar experiment to last season (the 200 years of holidaying in England). What I want to know is what you all want to know about regen creation and/or development. I am open to any suggestions of what I should be looking for in each crop of regens that pass through England.

The things that I will definitely be doing are:
    Nationalities of every crop of regens.
    Number and club of high-potential regens (170+ PA)
    Analysis of the youth intake at Blackburn each season to keep track of how good their regens are, how good they are at judging their abilities, and what level their regens drop down to after not making the grade at Blackburn.
    Some accounting of breakdown of regen CAs.

I will probably run a test season or two on the second patch just to see how my computer handles it before I run the full version on the last patch. Go ahead and give me suggestions on what I can look at. Please keep in mind that I will be looking at each crop of regens individually as opposed to analyzing all regens over time and the regens that clubs are bringing in from abroad.
    You are analysing Blackburn in the Premiership so why don't you analyse say Preston in the Championship and a club in League 1 and League 2 as well to see how it differs.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    You are analysing Blackburn in the Premiership so why don't you analyse say Preston in the Championship and a club in League 1 and League 2 as well to see how it differs.
    That is a good idea. I probably will not be able to go into the same level of depth with multiple clubs, but it would be good to see the different PA spread of different youth teams.

Youth Team

Blackburn and Preston - England
    Real Madrid and Another Spanish Club - Spain
    AC Milan and another Italian club - Italy

Depends on how many leagues you are loading but that would give an interesting spread acroos countries.

Youth Team

UPDATE:I am having problems with the code thing and would need some help as it is not recognised by 09 but is by 08.

If I get it working on 08 then, I will do it on that but 09 would be preferred.

NEW IDEA: I have a new idea concerning a challenge in Spain.

It would be with Valencia.

It would be of moderate to easier difficulty.

It is just a rough idea and would be winning the Spanish League 3 times and the champions league twice plus, the world club championship once amongst others.

As well as this, this would contain a challenges to complete section much like the one on say COD on xbox live
    Last edited by pnefc22; 16-02-2009 at 18:41.

Amateur

Hey guys, i have an idea which im looking for to design today, i just want a few quick views on what im planning to do to see what people think. I haven't yet decided on a suitable title so any ideas for it would be excellent.

Ok so basically i will be recreating English Football. I will be bringing the biggest clubs in the WORLD! to English Football. We will see the likes of A.C. Milan taking on Manchester United and teams such as Arsenal LOSING (hehe) to Real Madrid. Also football management will take a reshuffle, bringing the top managers to England to control this new country of tops teams.

However things dont stop there, the reshuffle and what team you get isn't up to you, however choosing your first 11 players is. I've designed a seeding table which will allow you to pick your players fairly, players seeded 1st are the best players in the world, players seeded 11th are good players but the worst choices available. Basically you choose 1 player from each Seed 1 to 11, but choose wisely as you have to pick according to your positions (will you go super defensive or look to destroy teams with brute force?)

There are a few more bits to add in but thats what im planning, what do your think of it?
    Last edited by LLM'er; 17-02-2009 at 19:41.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by LLM'er View Post
    Hey guy, i have an idea which im looking for to design today, i just want a few quick views on what im planning to do to see what people think. I haven't yet decided on a suitable title so any ideas for it would be excellent.

Ok so basically i will be recreating English Football. I will be bringing the biggest clubs in the WORLD! to English Football. We will see the likes of A.C. Milan taking on Manchester United and teams such as Arsenal LOSING (hehe) to Real Madrid. Also football management will take a reshuffle, bringing the top managers to England to control this new country of tops teams.

However things dont stop there, the reshuffle and what team you get isn't up to you, however choosing your first 11 players is. I've designed a seeding table which will allow you to pick your players fairly, players seeded 1st are the best players in the world, players seeded 11th are good players but the worst choices available. Basically you choose 1 player from each Seed 1 to 11, but choose wisely as you have to pick according to your positions (will you go super defensive or look to destroy teams with brute force?)

There are a few more bits to add in but thats what im planning, what do your think of it?
    I like it.

Sounds good.

Amateur

Here is a little taster of what the English Leagues will look like:

Premiership

1. Barcelona
    2. Chelsea
    3. Inter
    4. Manchester United
    5. Real Madrid
    6. A.C. Milan
    7. Arsenal
    8. FC Bayern
    9. Juventus
    10. Liverpool
    11. Olympique Lyonnais
    12. Roma
    13. Sevilla
    14. Valencia
    15. Porto
    16. Benfica
    17. Sao Paulo
    18. Fiorentina
    19. Sporting CP
    20. Boca Juniors

Championship

1. River Plate
    2. Athletico Madrid
    3. Ajax
    4. Fenerbahce
    5. Palmeiras
    6. Zenit St.Petersburg
    7. Villarreal
    8. Galatasaray
    9. Olympique De Marseille
    10. PSV
    11. Werder Bremen
    12. Gremio
    13. Cruzeiro
    14. Internacional
    15. CSKA Moscow
    16. Lazio
    17. Celtic
    18. Schalke
    19. Rangers
    20. FC Girondins De Bordeaux
    21. Dinamo Kiev
    22. Chivas
    23. Palermo
    24. America (MEX)

League 1

1. HSV
    2. Udinese
    3. Espanyol
    4. Sampdoria
    5. Deportivo
    6. Tottenham
    7. Shaktar
    8. Napoli
    9. Leverkusen
    10. Zaragoza
    11. Besiktas
    12. Paris Saint-Germain
    13. Olympiakos
    14. Feyenoord
    15. Genoa
    16. AS Monaco FC
    17. Spartak Moscow
    18. Anderlecht
    19. Flamengo
    20. Borussia Dortmund
    21. Cruz Azul
    22. Osasuna
    23. Everton
    24. Stuttgart

Youth Team

LLM, wasn't this already done in the editing forum.

Amateur

Pnefc22, this is a sign-up, not for the editing forum, people will be taking part in it, i doubt someone has done the exact same thing as i propose to do? However thanks for the information as this will help with my editing of the database, i've run into a slight problem along the way.

Semi Pro

What happened to your Romania sign-up?

Amateur

I had to leave unfortunately due to Family problems and i've lost everything i did on it, so i'm back now and looking to start a new 1.

Semi Pro

Fair enough, that's a shame, mainly as I was doing well on it

Amateur

Yes, it is a shame However i recommend you take part in this new sign-up i'm developing, its much better i think as your able to choose several of your own players and it is that which will determine how well you do rather than the AI.

Third Team

Right here's my newest Idea.

An Alphabet league

Part 1. People sign up with a team made entirely of people who's surname begins with a certain letter of the alphabet.

E.g and A team could contain

Aguero
    Asenjo
    Agger
    Arbeloa
    etc.

10 teams would probably be best, although the idea could possibly stretch to more.

Part 2. After the teams have signed up, it becomes an OOTP ( i think thats the right thing) where you send in your tactics and team lists. I then write up the match report and we see who wins at the end of the season.

The only problem I'd personally have with running this is time.

Youth Team

Right here's my newest Idea.

An Alphabet league

Part 1. People sign up with a team made entirely of people who's surname begins with a certain letter of the alphabet.

E.g and A team could contain

Aguero
    Asenjo
    Agger
    Arbeloa
    etc.

10 teams would probably be best, although the idea could possibly stretch to more.

Part 2. After the teams have signed up, it becomes an OOTP ( i think thats the right thing) where you send in your tactics and team lists. I then write up the match report and we see who wins at the end of the season.

The only problem I'd personally have with running this is time.
    I think that sort of sign-up has a lot of potential for success, I was thinking of something similar earlier. My Idea was you'd take the top or bottom say 10 or 20 ranked nations in the world, create a club side for each nation and then the sign-uppers pick a 23 (or however many) man squad of players from the nation they get assigned to and they have to stick with that squad for the season. Stick the club sides in a league and you have sort of an International Super League.

Third Team

That Idea sounds good to whoopy.

The reason I think my idea will work, is of the OOTP ones that I've seen, there's been lots of banter and generally lots of following.

The one's that come to mind are WW one and the one for 08 about Euro 2008 ( sorry can't remember who did it)

Third Team

wisla_krakow did that, based on an original idea by Bambi.

Third Team

Ah yes. I remember now. With my Might Croatian team that didn't quite make it.

Youth Team

Yeah I think that sort of sign-up lends itself to more banter because there is a more personal touch to it, in most sign-ups you beat the other participants because of what the AI simulates whereas in these type of things you feel more responsible for the win/loss because you've submitted you're tactics/team etc.

Third Team

I think the picking your own players as well would also lead to some more banter.

E.g If you only picked two keepers and both of them got injured whereas everyone else picked three and are doing fine.

Youth Team

Definately one of the better types of sign-ups I think, I need to go to bed though and I can't stay up all night discussing it. If you do decide to go ahead with it I'm certainly interested but we're not allowed to reserve spots as far as I know so .....

Third Team

If I were to do it, it probably wouldn't be for a while, because I need to have the time to do it.

I also want to refine the idea a bit.

When I do do it though I will "notify" some of the regular members of the forum about it.

Semi Pro

If you go for the alphabet thingummy I want R...

Ronaldo Rooney Ribery will do as a front 3 for me

Third Team

You could have:

GK: Reina

DR: Rafinha
    DC: Richards
    DC: Ruben
    DL: Riise

MC: Riquleme
    MC: Romaric
    MR: Ronaldo
    ML: Ribery

FC: Rooney
    FC: Robinho

And a subs bench of: Robben,Riera,Remy,Rossi, Ramesy

Semi Pro

I would definately be interested as well, might even draft a few possible squads for when it comes up

Third Team

Thought of two more smaller rules for it.

Your team name must begin with the same letter, and so must your Ass Man

Semi Pro

And Rijkaard as manager for the R team? Couldn't think of anyone better on the spot...

EDIT - Oops so no manager, get Rijkaard as an assistant then

Amateur

You could have:

GK: Reina

DR: Rafinha
    DC: Richards
    DC: Ruben
    DL: Riise

MC: Riquleme
    MC: Romaric
    MR: Ronaldo
    ML: Ribery

FC: Rooney
    FC: Robinho

And a subs bench of: Robben,Riera,Remy,Rossi, Ramesy
    That sort of team wouldn't look out of place at Real Madrid
    or Rushden & Diamonds, which ever one you want
    Last edited by d-machine; 24-02-2009 at 13:03.

Amateur

This is emense i don't believe i nearly missed this.
    It will be very comical to see some of the teams that come out.
    I think it will be even funnier when people miss out amazing players due to forgetting there an R for instance.
    Also who is going to get X, Z, Qetc.
    Also with connecting names like dos and van i take it your not counting?

Third Team

I think if I did it, as an OOTP thing, it would be only about 10 or so teams.

If I were to do it as one where you just pick the team, then I could do every letter.

Youth Team

is someone going to do this cos it sounds great. I wouldn't want to be the x team

Third Team

I'm going to do a version of about 10 teams, which will be run in around 5 weeks. It will be an OOTP style.

I also reserve the rights to use the other version

Youth Team

So it will start in 5 weeks. Is it possible to reserve a place?

Youth Team

Sounds like a great idea and I am very interested in doing it and will look forward to it.

Semi Pro

OOTP isn't really my thing, but I am definately there if you do the other version!

Amateur

ok im ive read most of the challenges and a few pages of the ideas and im not sure if this has been said anymore but i want some feedback on my idea.

this came about due to dictator sepp blatter trying to basically achieve this challenge . i also wondered if it could be done in real life as well as in this FM.

Single Nationality Challenge
    1st goal- win the league with players from the chosen country of your league e.g premiership= english players only
    2nd goal- champions league
    3rd goal- world club cup

Rules
    *1st team squad must only contain players from the nationality of the league
    *players with double nationality will be allowed (however i may change this)
    *if you get sacked you must either start again or get a new job, no adding manager
    *there will be a points system for achieving the goals relating to the season it is achieved. there will also be points for players called up to national teams and winning domestic competitions.
    *you have four seasons to achieve although again i mite change this depending on feedback.

after doing a bit of research on the clubs in europe i find maybe four year is very difficult but then again who wants an easy challenge, then again it is possible to win the league in your second season as by that time 3 transfer windows would have passed.

the easiest league to do it in would be italy plenty of teams with low non nationals.
    of the big european team ac milan, man utd, roma, valencia, fc bayern are good starts with 9, 10, 11, 11, 11 respectively. outside shouts being deportivo, espanyol, villa, west ham, psg, marseille, galatasary, celtic, rangers, sampdoria, palermo, napoli, feyenoord, leverkusen. my reason for this being there reputation within their country and low non national count.

the really big team are the hardest as they have teams with a minimum of 15 non nationals.

so who thinks this is a good idea, or any idea on how to modify it to make it better.
    Last edited by dre2000; 25-02-2009 at 04:54.

Amateur

Am toying with the idea of doing a sign up, 10 managers, start off unemployed see who gets snapped up by which clubs, if they win any trophies or fall off into mediocrity.
    What do you think?

Third Team

right guys I have what I think is going to be a good AI experiment/observation. its going to be called Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

Basically we have the 7 dwarfs - 7 players with vastly different personalities, Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful and Grumpy. They will all be 16 years old and have a CA of 100 and PA of 200.

I am thinking of having their reputations v.low. They will start on free transfers and all be each others favoured personnel.

There will also be Snow White, our female manager also starting unemployed. She will have a CA - 100 and PA - 200 like the dwarfs but start with a much higher reputation ~150. The dwarfs will all be her favoured personnel.

Now as yet I haven't found a way to get the Queen into the experiment, if anyone has an idea let me know as it might be fun adding her in and despising the dwarfs and snow white.

The overall idea of the experiment is to see how the dwarfs get on in their career. To see if they'll make it to the top, go into management, and play for Snow White.

Again this is in its early stages, I'm still doing the database, but I'd appreciate any feedback/ideas before I get going fully .

Semi Pro

dre2000 - I like the idea, altough I am not too keen on the time limit. If I can remember correctly challenges with similar guidelines have been attempted, but none was set out too well, so if you put a lot of effort into making a good OP and challenge description itcould work.

Swafe - I like the managers idea, although owenozy is already doing something similar. You could maybe specify the managers for a region. A suggestion would be adding managers to the lowest rep clubs of different nations of a continent (e.g. Asia or South America) and see which manager can rise to the top quickest and win the continents club competition first?

iacovone - I really like the idea! The only thing I could suggest for the Queen is that se maybe has the highest CA and hates the rest of the charachters.

Amateur

corinthiano - thanks for the idea mate, will look to put some kind of twist on it

iacovone - i like this idea too and corinthiano's idea seems to really set it off

Third Team

Thanks for the feedback guys, the Queen will basically be a very talented but extremely hard to work with Manager (hardness of training, dirtiness allowed, unsporting, temperamental, etc) and hate them all.

I'm going to hopefully run it on full detail over the whole of the British Isles.

Amateur

sounds great

when do you think youll get it on?

Third Team

Really good idea iacovone, But I do agree with rising her CA a little more, to maybe 150 or so. Apart from that, absolutely brilliant idea!

Third Team

Hopefully getting it going today or tomorrow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast