+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 2,000 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Third Team

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I agree with Dafuge on this one, I never take a striker spot. I just find more skill in building a class defender or midfielder. But he is right the best spots end up being gone before you even start. If somebody gives you the idea or has helped out go for it, but other than that I think tough bikkies, be here when it goes live, too late you lose.

Most sign-ups take 24 hours at least to fill up, and think about it all of you have a pretty good advantage over me anyway, most sign-ups are posted in British Evening, early morning for me here in NZ. I would absolutely vote for no reserving spots...

Third Team

Agree 100% with you mate, It should be free for all, and spots shouldn't be given to people who check the idea's thread more than others.

Reserves

I totally agree. The only reason I reserved a space for CV's sign-up was because I came up with the original idea so I thought it was only fair.

mikeytwigge

yeah i think that the case minisav has is the only case where reserving a spot is fair if you came up with the original sign up

Reserves

Yeah, sorry to all who couldn't get a striker spot (Like you Mr. Pablo Gonzalez aka Blackcats )

And I was planning to reserve a spot for roberto at least, but I wouldn't need one because I'm the manager.

Third Team

The New Europe

So I have been developing on this idea slowly, it is taking time, I realised what my database error was I had no 'scottish' teams in "A Lower Division" so this was causing issues when it tried to make the scottish cup...so I believe I have fixed the problem. I am working on the idea slowly and building it out.

The Leagues

USSR - This will include all the former soviet republics
    UK - Scotland, N. Ireland, Wales and England United
    East Germany - Will take the longest seperating who is east and west
    West Germany - As above
    Yugoslavia - Joining these nations together as well
    Czechoslovakia - Recombining these two as well
    Basque - All the Basque Spanish teams shall have their own league (34 teams will replace Slovakia I believe)

Now this is leaving me with an issue that I have a large number of nations that now will not exist, but I am trying to figure out how it is best to fix this up. One of the ideas was to remove the nations from the database, but I think this might cause more problems. If anyone has an idea or can think of some more splits I could make this would be great, otherwise I will come up with something, it might just take a while longer to achieve it.

The Teams Placement

I was originally going to do this purely on team reputation, but for example in the UK this would mean the Premiership has 18 English teams and 2 Scottish Teams, and Wales top team is only in the BSP level. So I am going to do it on a population ratio as well as Reputation. EG. The Premiership would have 16 English Teams, 2 Scottish Teams, 1 Welsh Team & 1 N. Irish Team. And this ratio would continue down through the leagues. I will follow a similar basis when doing the USSR League as it will make the balance fairer and also sort it so that there are teams from all the nations within every level, even if within a few seasons this will change.

Help I need

Research - West vs East Germany Clubs & towns.
    2. More possible country split ups. eg Turkey?
    3. How to split the German Players & Spanish players properly.
    4. Any help at all in a way to make a mass edit, eg. Being able to change all players with Scottish Nationality to United Kingdom easily.

If anyone can think of anything else that would be a great help as well.

Reserves

How far back you going for these split ups.

There was Austria-Hungary circa WW1. They had some of the Balkans at some point iirc.

If you go back further then UK could become British Empire

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by minisav View Post
    How far back you going for these split ups.

There was Austria-Hungary circa WW1. They had some of the Balkans at some point iirc.

If you go back further then UK could become British Empire
    I did think about Austria-Hungary, but decided against it in the end, I think now I want to find more nations to use not less, as that one and British Empire would both create the issue of having less nations, and giving me more gaps throughout the database. I want to get an entire nation clear of anything, people included and see what happens. I may just remove a nation from the database and see what happens.

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

you could do a Scandanavian (sp) league?

if you did i'd be willing to sort out reputation & population etc, and which clubs should go in each division if you wanted?

Semi Pro

I will happily help with researching east and west germany clubs.

Do you want me to compile an excel sheet with teams from each region with their reputation?

Reserves

Alright. British Empire would only change them surely? Like Australia would just become Britain. Would mean more effort though.

I may be misunderstanding you so you may want to ignore.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    you could do a Scandanavian (sp) league?

if you did i'd be willing to sort out reputation & population etc, and which clubs should go in each division if you wanted?
    A Scandanavian League actually sounds like a great idea as well. But still falls into the problem of reducing nations.

Quote Originally Posted by corinthiano View Post
    I will happily help with researching east and west germany clubs.

Do you want me to compile an excel sheet with teams from each region with their reputation?
    Yes please Corintiano that would be awesome and exactly what I would need for those leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by minisav View Post
    Alright. British Empire would only change them surely? Like Australia would just become Britain. Would mean more effort though.

I may be misunderstanding you so you may want to ignore.
    I think it is a misunderstanding. Currently I am moving all Scottish Players to what used to be the English Nationality, now it is UK Nationality. So my problem is developing from what happens to the old 'Scottish' Nationality and what issues it is going to cause in the database in regards to the number of teams in the Champions League, how European Competitions will be done and other issues similar. I am just unsure on whether it is possible to remove Nationalitys from the database all together especially seen as it will cause issues in international type fixtures. So hoping i can find a way to fill the missing ones. Splitting Cyprus is another idea that has passed through my head

Semi Pro

I may be completely off track but perhaps a Portguese or French Empire, where all the clubs from the former colonies of those countries could be included. Would mean that some African clubs etc could get into some of these leagues. Of course I may be missing the point completely!

Third Team

I think the biggest problem I am going to face is Nationalitys. Making all these leagues is no trouble at all, infact its almost easy. I think what I may need to do is to just leave teams & Players with their current nationalitys which does mean that disappointgly there would be no International game between USSR & UK, but it will prevent the causing of having to remove nationalities from the database...

Semi Pro

Ok, I will have it done within the next couple of days. The only tricky bit will be the Berlin teams as I will have to see whether they were based in the east or west of the city.

Third Team

Yeah that was one bit where was looking at it and a bit worried But close enough will be fine

Third Team

Would make it interesting, but I found this article on separatism throughout Europe, not sure how manageable it would be, but it would at least be possible to just add the nationalities in to fill the current blank ones Giving the teams the same ranking pts etc as their current national side. And possibly giving them some of the clubs in their regions. That combined with the large Leagues would almost be perfect. Today is Challenge day, tomorrow I will be back to Database

roberto922

How about Catalonian teams? You could mix them with Basque to bring the overall quality up or make seperate league?

Third Team

That was another one I thought of. Someone in the editors forum has also suggested to me some of the smaller countries in Europe and giving them their own leagues and nation set-up. I am getting plenty of ideaws, I jsut know its a huge mission, so aim is before the end of January to ahve built the database and have run 5 or so trial games to make sure it works in all the necessary places.

Transylvania also wanna split from Romania so that could be fun :P

Third Team

Some ideas from around the place.

- Sicily
    - Corsica
    - Greenland
    - Gozo
    - Gibraltar
    - Northern Cyprus
    - Vatican City? (clutching at straws now)
    - North/South Vietnam,
    - Tibet,
    - Kurdistan,
    - West Bank,
    - Gaza,
    - West Papua
    - Catalonia
    - Translyvania

Part-Timer
    Michigan/New York (depends on time of year)

Well, both the West Bank and Gaza are supposed to be Palestine, so maybe keep the two of them together but make them their own league

Third Team

That was my thought on it Spartans, as for the others some of them will not have leagues at all, but just creating the nations so there are no gaps in the database basically. The aim being to have all the European and Asian nations filled even if it is with a province 'breaking away' and their teams continue to play in the main leagues. For example say I take Transylvania out, they would become their own nation with players, but continue to play in Romania, or Vatican City as a nation in the game could be fun, but they would have a club team in the Italian league.

Semi Pro

It is not going to be a new Erope, but a new world!

Just wanted to let you know I have spearated 60% of the German into East and West teams in my excel spreadsheet, teams with a rep of 1000 and below are to be done, should have it finished tomorrow evening/night (english time).

Third Team

Thanks dude, it will make it an awesome set-up, now I think I should get back into the database so I can get it closer to completed.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by corinthiano View Post
    It is not going to be a new Erope, but a new world!

Just wanted to let you know I have spearated 60% of the German into East and West teams in my excel spreadsheet, teams with a rep of 1000 and below are to be done, should have it finished tomorrow evening/night (english time).
    Ahem, I took first dibs on a new world

You lads can take the old world one though.

Third Team

Haha Rancer, you would say that. Its ok, the Database I am building is going to be massive, and mainly a base for a small club to big club challenge.

Reserves

I think I just gave you an idea about a catchy title for your challenge. (old world hehe)

Still deleting those Welsh players atm...a lot of Welsh players have Davies at a last name

Third Team

haha Robert set you up, hopefully he gets Morgan and Jones :P

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    haha Robert set you up, hopefully he gets Morgan and Jones :P
    And Evans and Hughes.

I'll let roberto delete Robert Jones for sure.

Third Team

Haha well I have got to the point of having all the UK Clubs moved into one nationality, that was a bloody massive mission haha. Next up is moving the Italian clubs into the old Scotland now called Italy. Then I can move the USSR Clubs into the old Italy now called USSR.

Third Team

I think for some of the smaller provinces that I create as nations I will just give them a couple of clubs and let them build their own players through Regens etc.

Third Team

Mate, This is going to be amazing when finished. I'd love to help on anything you need. Researching would probably be my best strength, Best of luck mate!

Third Team

Well Pluck compiling a list of all the USSR teams and their respective Reputations could help, otherwise you could check out some of the smaller nations and report back to me on which ones seem to have enough clubs to fill a league, probably 2 level leagues so need 50+ clubs or there abouts.

Research List that needs doing if anyone can help

1. USSR - A full list of clubs from Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan & Tajikistan. (Thanks Pluckaduck)

2. Catalonia/Basque - A full list of clubs with reputation, giving an idea of what size league they can fill.

3. Czechoslovakia - Club list with Reputations. Slovakia & Czech Rep.

4. Yugoslavia - Club List, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro & Slovenia.

5. Provincal Splits - Research of any parts of nations that want to seperate and how many clubs they would have, whether they can fill their own league or would be part of another.

6. China - Would a provincial Split of China be possible?

7. East/West Germany - Split it out (Thanks a heap Corinthiano)

I think those are the major research projects I need right now. Hopefully by this time 2moro I have moved around all the major nations and have a database test running to tell me that it is working how I intend it too. (This test will have nations labelled "Nation 1" etc as I don't know all the spots yet.)
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 31-12-2008 at 21:55.

Third Team

Ok mate, ON FM, I searched Russia, and I got a list of 26 clubs, but when I got on the editor, It appears that there are alot more. Do you just want the 26? Or do you want every club from Russia on the editor?

Third Team

All the clubs if you possibly can please, and yeah on the game it doesn't show them all when you are not playing there, even when you are I am sure some are missing.

Third Team

At may take forever to compile the entire list, But I'm willing to. I just though of possibly an easier idea, what if I take a screenshot of a list of the teams next to their reputations in the database. If not that's alright, I just though it may make it easier and it won't take hours to write up.

Third Team

Its probably fine no matter how long it takes, it has taken me about 3-4 hours to edit only the UK Clubs into the correct Country, think about from there how much more there is to do.

Third Team

ALright mate, SO it's alright to take screenshots of each of thePages? I think that's what you mean, But I've had a long day at work, So I could be wrong.

Third Team

Thats cool if you can do that, can you sort them by Reputation first, just wanna be able to see all the clubs really, and have the list seperate to the editor. Thanks

Third Team

No worries mate, I'll get onto it for you!

roberto922

Rancer - I ws just bout to start on C - D Do you want me to take over at M and then finish it from there? THat's basically halfway through the alphabet and saves us from uploading a load of times

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    Some ideas from around the place.

- Sicily
    - Corsica
    - Greenland
    - Gozo
    - Gibraltar
    - Northern Cyprus
    - Vatican City? (clutching at straws now)
    - North/South Vietnam,
    - Tibet,
    - Kurdistan,
    - West Bank,
    - Gaza,
    - West Papua
    - Catalonia
    - Translyvania

Ossetia

Third Team

Thats a good call Minisav...

Currently Distracted from my Editing as AD Fafe are attempting to Qualify for the Euro Cup. After finishing 8th in the Portuguese Liga Sagres in 2016/17, we hadn't qualified til the Sporting Play Draw came up with Portugal in the selection and as the four teams with less cards had qualified we were in, I have managed to win the first three qualifying stages, so only one left. After I complete that I should be back to editing.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-12-2008 at 13:05.

Third Team

Well looks like it is unlikely to result in Qualification with our 4th Round Qualifying opponent being Inter Milan...But I will play those two games then head into the editing room.

Semi Pro

Des I have finised spearating East and West Germany, what is the easisest way for me to send you the spreadsheet? Laso, do you the new Office? Otherwise I will save the spreadsheet as a Word 97-2003.

Third Team

I do have it, but only a trial, probably best as a 2003 spreadsheet.
    Umm best option is probably to send it to the email I have PM'd you

Third Team

New United Kingdom Leagues - A sneak peek

I have been working on organising these teams this morning and here is a sneak peek at the playable Leagues + Those that will be promoted if you holiday.

UK Premier League
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Tottenham
    Everton
    Man City
    Newcastle
    Aston Villa
    West Ham
    Portsmouth
    Blackburn
    Middlesbrough
    Bolton
    Sunderland
    Fulham
    Rangers
    Celtic
    Linfield
    Llanelli

UK Championship
    Wigan
    West Brom
    Stoke
    Birmingham
    Reading
    Charlton
    Hull
    Wolves
    Sheff Utd
    Crystal Palace
    Ipswich
    Derby
    Q.P.R.
    Watford
    Norwich
    Aberdeen
    Dundee Utd
    Hibernian
    Hearts
    Motherwell
    Falkirk
    Kilmarnock
    Glentoran
    TNS

UK League 1
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Southampton
    St. Mirren
    Inverness CT
    Sheff Wed
    Nottm Forest
    Preston
    Bristol City
    Leicester
    Dundee
    Coventry
    Dunfermline
    Plymouth
    Hamilton
    St. Johnstone
    Swansea
    Barnsley
    Burnley
    Doncaster
    Blackpool
    Partick Thistle
    Cliftonville
    Rhyl

UK League 2
    Carlisle
    Queen of Sth
    Morton
    Huddersfield
    Livingston
    Luton
    Colchester
    Scunthorpe
    Millwall
    Brighton
    Tranmere
    Southend
    Oldham
    Walsall
    Crewe
    Airdrie Utd
    Swindon
    Clyde
    Gilingham
    Peterborough
    MK Dons
    Yeovil
    Portadown
    Bangor City

Blue Square Prem
    Bristol Rovers
    Bradford
    Northampton
    Hartlepool
    Rotherham
    Ross County
    Port Vale
    Stirling
    Leyton Orient
    Bournemouth
    Brentford
    Stockport
    Raith
    Wycombe
    Cheltenham
    Chesterfield
    Rochdale
    Notss Co
    Lincoln
    Darlington
    Wrexham
    Grimsby
    Distillery
    Welshpool

Blue Square South
    Brechin
    Shrewsbury
    Peterhead
    Oxford
    Mansfield
    Barnet
    East Fife
    Cambridge
    Ayr
    Berwick
    Cowdenbeath
    York
    Rushden
    Stevenage
    Dumbarton
    Annan
    Elgin
    Ebbsfleet
    Woking
    Stenhousemuir
    Ballymena Utd
    Aberystwyth

Blue Square North
    Alloa
    Bury
    Queens Park
    Hereford
    Chester
    Nacckesfiekd
    Accrington
    Exeter
    Morecombe
    Dag & red
    Torquay
    Stranraer
    Aldershot
    Forfar
    Kidderminster
    Burton
    Forest Green
    East Stirlingshire
    Albion Rovers
    Crawley
    Dungannon
    Carmarthen

Ispwich
    Montrose
    Altrincham
    Linlithgow Rose
    Nuneaton
    Tayport
    Lewes
    Coleraine*
    Havant & W
    Salisbury
    Glenavon
    Lochee Utd
    Fraserburgh
    Arthurlie
    Chelmsford
    Bangor*
    Harrogate
    Institute*
    Newtown**
    Maidenhead
    Fleetwood
    Bath
    Northwich

Northern
    Kettering
    Bathgate Thistle
    Southport
    Carnoustie
    Eastbourne Boro
    Crusaders*
    Girvan
    Spartans
    Lossiemouth
    Cutler
    Preston Athletic
    Rothes
    Whitburn
    Team Bath
    Bellshill
    Farsley
    Beith
    Eastleigh
    Hayes & Yeading
    Comnock
    Connah's Quay**
    Histon

Southern
    Barrow
    Stafford
    Bonnyrigg Rose Ath
    Pollok
    Clydebank
    AFC Telford
    Drolsden
    Cove Rangers
    Newry*
    Buckie Thistle
    AFC Wimbledon
    Ketty Hearts
    Camelon
    Boston Utd
    Port Talbot**
    Stalybridge
    Auchinleck
    Bromley
    Hampton & Richmond
    Workington
    Grays
    Weymouth

The astericks are just my check to make sure every division had a team from N. Ireland and Wales. Hope you like the looks of them. I sorted completely by Reputation and also eg. Leeds was not allowed above their current level. From there I just worked down the list making sure every division had 2 Scottish Teams, 1 Northern Irish Team & 1 Welsh Team (This was based on population figures from last census) And hence here is what we have.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 31-12-2008 at 22:03.

Semi Pro

Like the look of it

I have some time tonight so will go over Basque and Catalon clubs. If I don't finish tonight it will only be done by the weekend I am afraid though.

Reserves

You should have Deveronvale in there LLR /o\

Third Team

Thanks Corinthiano

And Cardio I will try to explain how I sorted the clubs. I started by working out the % of the population in each of the 4 areas, and then multiplied it by 20 (rough number of clubs in each league), this showed that Wales should have 1 team, NI 1 team & Scotland 2 teams, so I made this the minimum number of clubs for each of them. England would dominate so no minimum for them.

I then sorted the entire list by Reputation and started down from the top leaving the 4 spaces open at the bottom for Scotland, NI & Wales. If one of their teams was at the level they took the spot. If there was more teams than the minimum that was great, but if they didn't have a team when the league was finished I found the next highest rep club for that nation and they moved up a league or so.

And thats how the list was compiled from top to bottom. Just working through level 9 now. 14 Leagues with 280 Clubs. And then it is actually putting this info into the database.

Reserves

I don't understand

You have 4 clubs from the Highland League, are these the highest rep clubs?

Third Team

Yeah its completely ranked by Rep. so long as Scotland has more than 2 clubs, Wales more than 1, and N. Ireland more than 1.

Reserves

Now, I hate to be a nag but Fort William have finished bottom of the Highland LEague for nearing 6 years running. Yet you still have them above former champions Deveronvale? I think someones source in unreliable

Third Team

I am using the Rep straight out of the Editor so I would assume it would be their sources that are unreliable :P
    Maybe bring it up in the Data Errors section haha.
    And after realising I had too many clubs in the BSS & BSN I have made a readjustment. It turns out both clubs you mention have identical Rep in the list, and are both now in the same league, Fort William being the worst ranked of those in the three lowest divisions I had done.

Semi Pro

Have sent you the Catalan teams, will do the Basque teams on Saturday.

Shouldn't you maybe open a thread for the discussion of the creation of the dataase? Could make communication easier and it would not clogg up this thread. Just a thought

Third Team

Well I am just heading out for the night for New Years, but I will do it as soon as I wake up

roberto922

IMO TNS should be ahead of Llanelli in the Welsh league, they have dominated so much the last 6-7 years with the exception of last year

Amateur

What about something like playing a full season with only just 20 players throughout the whole year? Any league, but pretty much the 'bottom' team within the league you choose..?

Also what about the 'East Stirlingshire' challenge? Get them upto Division one within something like 4 years? Playing with atleast 8 scottish players in the squad, including homegrown...and also having to win atleast one cup (Scottish, League or Challenge Cup...)

Cheers,
    Hack

Semi Pro

AI Experiment - What makes a league succesful?

I basically wanted to test what factors could make a league have success at continental level and came up with an idea. I would edit certain factors of the top two tiers of 3 countries and see if this would improve the countries club fortune. The leagues I would have tested would be of Ireland, N. Ireland and Wales. The following changes would be mae to each league:

-Wales: The Welsh Premier League would have its Reputation upped to the same level as of the English Premier League. This would be the same for the Welsh Cup and First Division. No other changes.

-N. Ireland: All clubs in the top two tiers would get a reputation of 10,000. The league and cup reputations would be upped to the same level as Ireland s they have an even playing field.

-Ireland: All clubs in the top two tiers would get ú100 Million in the bank, have their facilities upped to the highest level and would get their stadium expanded to a 60 000 seater.

I would like to see what effect each of these factors has on the league, in the short and long term. Every country would be faced with a particular question:

-Wales: Will the high reputation of the league be enough to raise the welsh clubs reputation and finances andbe able to make them a major force in Europe?

-N. Ireland: Will the clubsbe able to maintain a high reputation in a low reputable league? Will the cubs be able to attract decent talent and make an impact in Europe?

-Ireland: Will the clubs be able to buy in good talent with all their money available even though they have a low reputation? And will they be able to produce enough good talent to be competitive abroad?

Ultimately I would like to see which nation has the most succesful clubs, again in th short and long term.

What do you think about this idea, would it interest you or do you think the results are pretty obvious? Also, do you have any other suggestions for variables I cold be testing out?

I would also be running this on a lower priority to my sign-up i.e. when I set deadlines for people to make choices in my sign up I will carry on with this. I think I still should be able to compile regular reports as they woud not need a large amount of effort.

Thanks for your views and opinions in advance

Reserves

I really like it. The only thing I'd do is do the same thing that you are doing but have 3 separate ones having each of the possibilities.

I like the sound of it. Maybe doing it seperately will give a more accurate image of each of them but I also think running all together will be interesting as it shows the three in relation.

Maybe it would be better to do it with nations that are a bit spread out? As these clubs will instantly be fighting over the same players, or so I would think.

Semi Pro

My initial idea was to get countries of the same region as they would be similar and more comparable. But the points about running three saves or doing spread out contries are very good and I will have a think about that. Thanks for your feedback!

Third Team

Yeah great idea mate. Would definetly love to follow, as I reckon It will be pretty interesting to see how the three nations compare in a few years time. Best of luck!

Reserves

I suppose you could have 3 separate countries having these but have 3 saves doing different combinations.

Semi Pro

I think I am going to end up doing 3 different saves with the same country. That way it keeps the experiment consistent and fair. Thoughts?

I have now got to decide which country to use, I was thinking Ireland as their league still has a reasonably decent reputation. What does everyone else think? Or should I pick Wales as they have a low rep? Or any other countries that would be more interesting?

Reserves

Not sure really. What's easiest?

If it's between Wales & Ireland then Ireland as Wales already have a CSE based on them

Semi Pro

It can be any country in Europe, I woud like to keep it there to see how their co-efficient improves, but any league with a lor rep in Europe would do. Other ones could be Iceland, Belarus or maybe Finland.

Reserves

I'm not sure really. I suppose you could look at the leagues in Gundo's challenge.

Semi Pro

Yeah I probably will, would still like to know if people would have opinions on specific countries.

Semi Pro

I have decided to go for Iceland, just wanted something a bit different. Will probably post the experiment tomorrow. If anyone has any suggestios in regards to the nation I picked or the variables I am testing please let me know so I can mull over it before I start it

Part-Timer
    The Future of Sports Journalism - www.somepeopleonthepitch.tumblr.com

Btw: anyone think my experimental idea is any good?

You've just made your experiment excpetionally interesting to me Keep with Iceland, it should be easy enough to make variables there. Keep the league rep (5/20 iirc) and increase the rep of the teams, do it the other way around, make them rich with low rep. Just go wild, every value for the league and the teams are low to start with so you don't have to change everything around each time

Amateur

Hi All, got an idea for a challenge, would be great to get some feedback.

The challenge would be 2 seasons long and the aim of the game is to take Leeds back to the premier league. The twist is that throughout the challenge you would be limited to only 4 permanent transfers and 2 loans into the club. These can be made at any point.

Points awarded for success in the league and cups (exact structure to be confirmed dependant on feedback!)

What does everyone think ?

Third Team

2 seasons long? Meaning you must get promoted both seasons?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    2 seasons long? Meaning you must get promoted both seasons?
    That's right, 2 seasons only. Consecutive promotions a must for completing the challenge !

Third Team

It sounds quite tough but good for a short-term punt.

mikeytwigge

would it have to be leeds or could it be any league one club as leeds already have their own challenge you might get more take up if you broaden it

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytwigge View Post
    would it have to be leeds or could it be any league one club as leeds already have their own challenge you might get more take up if you broaden it
    Could be any League One club really. Picked Leeds as they have a pretty decent squad for that level and keeps the number of transfers low. But yeah, any club would work.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    It sounds quite tough but good for a short-term punt.
    Yeah it would be tough, but i suppose it's a challenge! What i'm really interested in is how people can really get the best out of a club without making 20 transfers in two seasons.

Reserves

And also Leeds are predicted to com 1st tbf, making them a logical choice

mikeytwigge

i know that most will go for leeds but you could give more points for hereford predicted 24th ect

Third Team

Way to go Hereford Way to go!

First Team Squad Member

Hereford

They also get a transfer budget of ú0, a low wage budget and have no depth in the squad at all (and rely on loans a lot).

Would have to do very well to keep them up

First Team Squad Member

Last year there was a challenge called 'The Scouting Knowledge Challenge' where the aim was to get your teams scouting knowledge to the top.

I don't think anyone completed it last time and the thread wasn't very active due to the lack of things you could really post in the thread.

I was thinking that if I brought it back though there could be a few more things to do, like adding in a Hall of Fame for the best finds or things like that.

Opinions please

roberto922

Could I have a link to the original please? I think that was before I started in CSE because I have no knowledge of it

First Team Squad Member

I'm not sure it's still on here, might have been made before the forum change over, i'll have a look though.

First Team Squad Member

roberto922

Quite good, could prove reasonably successful seeing as it can be run alongside any save game. I wouldn't expect much banter though mate

First Team Squad Member

Banter isn't exactly necessary though, I mean Nep's Youth Player Project is almost banter-free, yet it is a popular and active thread.

roberto922

Yeah but you can post on everyones different players etc. I can't really see people gasping in amazement at the fact that you've gone up by 3% scouting knowledge

Third Team

What about if I go up by 3% in my knowledge of Antigua? Someone might banter me for that :P

roberto922

For the uselessness of the knowledge?

Amateur

I had this idea last night when i playing Metal Gear solid Snake Eater.

THE SNAKE EATER CHALLENGE

Part 1
    The Virtuous mission

STAGE 1

Gaining Respect

You must gain some respect amongst your commanders before you are sent on your first mission. There are to ways to do this.

The English path: You Can take over any team from the championship you must take them to a top ten finish in the premiership you have two years to complete this task

Rules:

If England is your chosen destination then there is only one rule, you must have at least 6 American players in your squad 3 of them must be in your Match squad.

STAGE 2

The Virtuous mission

You have gained enough respect from your commanders To be sent on your first mission You have 1 season to complete this task.

Eligible Teams:

Code:
    Dinamo Bryansk
    Dinamo Barnaul
    You must take your chosen team and Take them to a higher finishing position than last season

Rules

You must have a player from at least five of the former soviet States your choices are

Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Estonia, Lithuania or Latvia

STAGE 3

Back to the start

If you started in England you must go to the MLS.

The American Path: You will take over the team predicted to finish bottom of the MLS And win it you have two years to do this.

You must have one of your players from Russia in your squad Also a player from your Original team in England

If you started in America then you must go to Britain.

You have a choice of 5 clubs.

Code:
    Everton 
    Aston Villa 
    Fulham 
    West ham 
    Tottenham
    You must take your chosen club to Europe through a league finish you must spend only 1 season there before returning to the Russia.

PART 2

Operation Snake Eater

After proving your up to the job you return to Russia But this time you must complete the job

After returning to Your first Russian club you must win the champions league with them

STAGE 4

The Jungle around Grozny Grad

You must Finish in the top five and reach the quarter finals of the Russian cup.

However you are not ready for top flight football and you must NOT be promoted.

Rules NO players should be signed Or sold. Transfers arranged before you take charge are allowed to play as you didn’t arrange them.

STAGE 5

Climbing the Mountain

You MUST gain promotion this year.

Rules you must Have a representative of every one of these nations in your squad.

Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Estonia, Lithuania or Latvia

STAGE 6

Grozny Grad

You must break Moscow dominance in the league. You have 5 seasons to win the champions league

Rules you must Have a representative of every one of these nations in your squad.

You must also have a player from your first division clubs and 1 player from Your American club and 1 from your English club

You are allowed to sign any player from any other nation as long as you have followed the requirements

STAGE 7

Homecoming

You will now manage either the US national Team or The England National team. All you have to do is progress as far as you can in the world cup and then the challenge is complete.

NO use of the editor
    Get scout report Or offer Trial must be on the player option bar for you can sign them.

What do people think.

Max
    Last edited by max1994; 08-01-2009 at 11:39.

You broke the thread /o\ edit the post and use quote tags rather than code or at least have it in two lines rather than one.

Apart from that it is way too long for me to even dream of doing it

Third Team

I loved Metal Gear Solid 3 and it is a good idea, however, given the length of the challenge and its allusions to MGS3, I believe it would be better as an FMS Challenge like these. Also note that once you leave a club, unless it has been changed for '09, they really don't like you and it is difficult to get back to managing them.

Third Team

G'day all,

I've been on here for a while, and seen the slow dying death of club sign-ups. Which is really sad as it's quite obvious that many people get quite attatched to these clubs.

For those who don't know, The OP would edit a whole heap of wonderkids created by other users (ie; signing up) into a team, and we'd all watch the rise through the leagues and get quite attatched to the club.

The last one that we had which was even remotely close, was Sporting Lisburn. A few other memorable teams include Manana Banana (sp?) which was run by Lokedout420 and it was fantastic to see them rise through Spain. Another one was run by Birdy and was set in Italy, and I just can't manage to remember the team.

So as my first major, long-term sign-up, I plan to bring back the club sign-up. I'm very open to where it will be held, But have a few preferences.

- I would like it to be in Europe, as watching the club progress through Europe is one of the best parts.
    - I'd rather not the UK, as we all learn a bit about the culture of the city from the club.
    - I don't mind creating the team, or using an existing one.
    - A club with a really funny and unusual name can make for alot of fun aswell.
    - I'll prbably get kits made-up from the skinning hideout, So I'd like an awsome sponsor in the team.

So basically I'm pretty open, But would like a really nice, funny, catchy name for the team like Sporting Lisburn or Manana Banana.

I've already through of a couple of regions for the club,
    -Andorra (Put them in the lower Leagues of Spain),
    -Porto Santo (From the Madeira Isalnds in Portugal, A beautiful place to live, and without a major football club)
    -Anywhere in Luxembourg (Either of French, Belian or German Leagues)
    -K.E.I.O.C ( I know i didn't want any clubs from the UK, But if enough people want it, I would consider.).
    -Gibralta (Don't currently have a team, So could make for interesting times, Probably in Spain or England)
    -Calabria, Italy (Europe's Carribrean will no longer be one of Italy's best kept secrets.)
    -The Loire Valley In France (Once again, Keeping with the Touristy theme).

So far I'm most impressed by Porto Santo as I reckon Portugal would be alot of fun and is a bit of an untried land. Gibralta is also quite appealing along with the Loire Valley. I'm definetly open to suggestions and would love to hear some of your views on bringing back the old club sign-up, as well as Where the club will be.

Thanks all, Pluckaduck

roberto922

K.E.I.O.C is pretty much pointless now mate, we're pretty much guaranteed to sty in the city now.

Third Team

Yeah I know, It was just if enough people were interested, Similar to A guy having FC United recently. They are a pretty pointless cause but people were still interested on the basis of the name.

Semi Pro

I would be really up for joining a club sign-up, I have never been part of one and I think it could be really fun.

I like the idea of Portos Santo in Madeira, or maybe a city in Azores, another beatiful set of islands in the middle of the Atlantic with even less reputation within football, with Santa Clara being the only big club there. Smaller cities that could be used would e Lagoa, Calheta or Velas. As for names, I am not sure yet, am not the bst for that, but if I manage to come up with anything interesting I will let you know!

Youth Team

Sounds good PluckaDuck, there is a distinct lack of club sign ups around at the moment (barring sign up like the one by The Lambs).

If I could suggest a couple more:

A Vatican City based team, rising up through Italy.

Using a made up team from Greenland and entering it into the Danish league, as that has 3 leagues to play in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast