+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Youth Team
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

It depends what kind of information you're wanting to keep track of really, I know it's a lot easier to follow a players career if you're managing a team but I wouldn't have thought it was necessary to be managing a team follow a managers career.

Third Team

No, you don't need to. In my Apprentice sign-up, all of the managers are edited into the database, and my manager name is "Sir Alan Sugar". If one were to get fired, I'd get the news direct to my inbox because the Premiership's the only league running. However, for news on the managers in your sign-up you'll just have to keep tabs, checking around every so often to make sure they're all still there.

Part-timer

I have an idea for a Transfer Challenge. The idea would be that each week people would have to complete a different challenge based on transfers like winning the premiership whilst only signing players from the championship or below, win a domestic cup whilst on being able to sign defensive players. Each different challenge would only last one season and a new challenge could be created for the next week. This means that there would be a league table and people would get points depending on their performances. More points would be awarded for a person who did the set challenge with a team like Derby rather than Man Utd. This is obviously open to comments and criticism so feel free to tell me if this has already been done.

Youth Team

This is idea for an experiment/challenge that could be done with pretty much any save game you already have running (in a similar manner to the Danny Roberts Challenge and NepentheZ's Youth Player Project):

As anyone who has taken on dafuge's or gundo's challenge will well know, the 'Islanders' are a perculiarity of this paticular version of FM and some of them can be nutured into good players, even the odd worldclass one pops up! The idea would be this: to pick one small nation that seems to be regularly producing regens, bring them into your youth/reserve set-up and see if you can set them off on careers and raise the standard of their national team.

There would be no obligation to keep the players long-term or to play them in the first team (unless you get a real gem of course). You just need to sign them, have them complete at least a full season at your club and them bring them through the ranks or sell them on. Then, you need to keep track of the national side and see how the development of these players affects their international performance. Obviously the key here would be to set the relevant international competitions your chosen Islanders compete in to full detail so the players can make a difference. For example, over the least 4 or 5 seasons in my gundo save, Democratic Republic of Congo and Turk & Caicos Islands have produced a lot of regens so I would need to set all African or North American competitons to full detail dependin gon which nation I went with.

Reports on the players and the nations would then go into the thread making it a kind of 'experimental challenge' I guess. Would anyone be interested in doing this as well? If not, would their be interest in following what's happening in my save as an experiment?

roberto922

It's always Guinea n mine for some reason, all you'd have to do is put comments on how your chosen NAton and the players you take on are progressing? This could be very interesting f we get a few people in

Youth Team

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. The main aim would be to see if keeping those players in the game and maybe passing them onto other clubs would improve the fortunes of their country. Kind of like seeing how you can influence the course of the game beyond just the club you are managing and the leagues you are in.

roberto922

I could certainly do that on my Everton game, we're in the 2020s so theres plenty of regens and I have plenty of money to invest in players, I'll buy the whole Guinea side!

Also if you want a hand with anything then I can help, the CSE Euros only has 3 challenges left to be made and I'm waiting for Frazza to finish in the other Experiment so I've got nowt to do really, it stops my GF from making me watch fricking flick chicks too!
    Last edited by roberto922; 23-08-2008 at 19:47.

roberto922

I'm trying it out now. I'll tell you what happens in a bit, I was thinking of something, how about if you create a side and stick all the players from an obscure nations in, give them perfect facilities and see what happens?

Youth Team

I think I will open a thread for this over the weekend so we can post our updates in there. Just need to write the op and establish how it should be done.

Like the other idea but that sounds more like a 1 man experiment. If you give it a go, I'd be interested to see what happens though.

roberto922

I've gone from having nothing to do to having 3-4 things to do over the next week I'll do it then though if I remember.

Part-Timer

I've had this floating around for a while now not sure how it will be recieved or if its been done before.

Basically the top 44 nations in the Fifa ranking are put in the Premiership and Championship along with their squads and coaches. The rules would be to only have players from the country of your team in your squad and the aim is for your club to win all cups and for your nation to win all of the international tournaments. The squads would be chosen from media prediction against fifa rankings.

Just an idea could run as sign up or challenge. Tell me if its a rubbish idea or not....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by antfm08 View Post
    I've had this floating around for a while now not sure how it will be recieved or if its been done before.

Basically the top 44 nations in the Fifa ranking are put in the Premiership and Championship along with their squads and coaches. The rules would be to only have players from the country of your team in your squad and the aim is for your club to win all cups and for your nation to win all of the international tournaments. The squads would be chosen from media prediction against fifa rankings.

Just an idea could run as sign up or challenge. Tell me if its a rubbish idea or not....
    WW is in the middle of making one of those actually.

roberto922

That's a point I forgot to PM him.

Youth Team

Yeah I did a similar thing on FM07 with the Scottish Leagues. I'm currently getting some people from the forum to create one for FM08 which will be an improvement on the last one.

Thinking of running it as a quick challenge before FM09 comes out.

PM me if you fancy helping out with the database.

roberto922

Why don't you see if Antfm want's to help out with it WW?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Why don't you see if Antfm want's to help out with it WW?

I thought that's what I just asked

roberto922

Lol, I'm half asleep I didn't notice that bit lol .

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

A little announcement/story/poll

As you all know, or should know, about a week ago I left my sign-up 'The All American Managerial Contest' mainly because i'd lost interest in it, and didn't want it to die, so decided to let someone else run it.

Literally hours after this, I was thinking of ideas for a new sign-up, my initial idea was a 'England vs Germany' sign-up, where I would create a teams worth of each nationality, then they would each secure points through a series of seasons, the end would show who truly is better. But then I thought that the 'German' thing would cause problems, and after a brief discussion with dafuge, it was evident this couldn't happen.

I then changed Germany to France, making an English vs France sign-up, prior to my 1 week holiday I was almost certain that I would be making this sign-up, so much so that Robert had signed up for it before I went away, as he wouldn't be around when the sign-up would be 'started'.

Whilst away on my holiday, during the first few days I missed playing FM, during that period of time I thought about my 'sign-up' and decided on perhaps making something more original, I experimented on the possible idea of an experiment/sign-up, where there would be around 100 players, each naturally not English, but with English as a second Nation, they would start their career at a random English side and the idea would be to see how many would become English, but then I realised that 100 people couldn't play for a National side, so that was the end of that idea.

On around Day 2 of my holiday I completely forgot about FM, enjoying my holiday, and I never looked back, until yesterday when I returned home.

Since then I thought about the popularity of canvey!!'s Apprentice Sign-Up, and Bermy's Dragons Den sign-up, and saw a real gap in the market of the 'TV' sign-ups category, so I today I have been going through possible TV sign-ups and have since then narrowed it down to just 4.

If i'm allowed to, then i'd like to create a page just for the poll, and then decide which one of the four to do.

I wont disclose the 4 ideas yet, but I believe which ever one that is chosen will attract a lot of interest, and will make a very good sign-up.

roberto922

American Inventor it can follow your american theme

Youth Team

Surely your 100 player sign up / experiment would work if you gave each person a different nation?!

For one, that would be quite interesting to see in that scenario

Third Team

If I was you, I'm not sure how inclined I'd be to share 4 ideas, if you're only going to ever use 1. Maybe best just to ge one of the ideas nailed down, I'm sure it would be popular whatever it was.

Btw, the 'Dragon's Den' thing was an idea that was tagged on at the end, I can't even watch the program here, it was completely incidental to the idea

Part-timer

Big Brother maybe? or I'm a celeb

roberto922

I'm doing that long lost classic [Insert name ;)] hopefully, I need to find a league in FM that doesn't have promotion or relegation though (NOT the MLS though)
    Last edited by roberto922; 24-08-2008 at 16:33.

Part-Timer

what long lost classic ?

How about the scottish div 3 ?

roberto922

It has promotion smithers, I've changed my mind about telling you just yet

Part-Timer

Are yeah sorry doh ,

Is it a challenge or a sign up ?

roberto922

I haven't decided yet, chances are it'll be a sign up but it could just be an experiment, it depends on how much interest there is really

roberto922

Brilliant Peru and Singapore don't have relegation, it'll almost definitely be set in Singapore as Peru has some stupid rules.

First Team Squad Member

going along with what Bermy said, I probably will go ahead with the one I see the easiest and the one that could work with FM the best.

roberto922

Heres an intro to the challenge I'm considering:

Survivor: FM Edition

Hello and welcome to Survivor, I'm your host Robert Jones. Tonight sees the beginning of a new era here on Survivor. 12 clubs have been created by Villiam Geets, Bill Gates' Dutch cousin, He has set aside £100 million to each club, this money will take stadium, training facilities etc into consideration. 12 lucky viewers will decide the futures of their clubs through how wise their choices are.

Now it's time to throw some rivalry into the mix, the league will be split into 3 groups: The Bandits, The Pirates and The Merchants. You lot will be the main force behind any success that the clubs have. At the end of each season Villiam will donate a further £50 Million to each group, the members of the groups will then decide what to do with the money (Put it in the transfer budget, wage budget, expand stadium etc.) and I will then fix it using FMM.

So come on over to the nation of CSE-topia and enjoy the sunshine but be warned now and then I will set tasks for each group in the form of challenges, these will either benefit or damage your club/group depending on how well you do.

So will you be the saviour of your chosen group or will you proceed to destroy any good work made by your fellow members? Only time will tell.
    Last edited by roberto922; 24-08-2008 at 17:58.

roberto922

Pricing

You want everything in the world right? Wrong. Nothing in this life is free, take what you need and leave it at that. All this will make sense once you've read the post after this so don't go getting in a huff!

1,000: £0
    2,000: £5 Million
    3,000: £10 million
    4,000: £15 million
    5,000: £20 million
    6,000: £25 million
    7,000: £30 million
    8,000: £35 million
    9,000: £40 million
    10,000: £45 million

Stadium Capacity:

5,000: £1 million
    10,000: £3 million
    15,000: £5 million
    20,000: £7 million
    25,000: £10 million
    30,000: £12 million
    35,000: £15 million
    45,000: £20 million
    55,000: £25 million
    65,000: £30 million
    75,000: £35 million

Training Facilities: £1 million per digit up to 10, £2 million per digit from 11 up to 20

Youth Facilities: £1 million per digit up to 10, £2 million per digit from 11 up to 20

Youth Academy: £10 million

Assistant Manager: £250,000 per 10 CA Points

Players:

£1,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 100 CA (e.g A player with 100 CA = £5 million)
    £2,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 150 CA (e.g. A player with 140 CA = £9 million)
    £3,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 200 CA (e.g. A player with 200 CA = £17.5 million

The remaining money goes into the transfer budget
    Last edited by roberto922; 24-08-2008 at 18:52.

roberto922

Design Infrastructure

Right then now it's time for the fun part, let's design your club, bear in mind that you're on a budget

Budget: £200 million

Club Name:
    Short Name:
    Six Letter Name:
    Nickname:
    Second Nickname(Optional)
    Year Founded:

Stadium Name:
    Stadium Capacity:
    Training Facilities:
    Youth Facilities:
    Youth Academy?

Home Kit :-

Pattern:
    Foreground:
    Background:
    Trim:

Away Kit :-

Pattern:
    Foreground:
    Background:
    Trim:

Third Kit:-

Pattern:
    Foreground:
    Background:
    Trim:

Assistant Manager:

Players:

GK:
    DL:
    DR:
    DC
    DC
    MR
    ML
    MC:
    MC:
    FC:
    FC:

7 subs

GROUP:

roberto922

Right then, opinions are welcomed good or bad

First Team Squad Member

imo it looks very similar to Bermy's Dragons Den-ish sign-up

roberto922

Nah, this is like an interactive sign up, the players get more of a voice on what happens in the sign up.

Youth Team

If you are putting money beside reputation then you need to massively alter the reputation budget. Having a 10,000 rep is worth a lot more than a 75,000 stadium.

roberto922

Oh yeah I hadn't noticed that lol

roberto922

better?

roberto922

Youth Team

better?
    I haven't looked over all your numbers in much detailed, but I would say double those and you are about right.

roberto922

The budgets only £200 million though.

roberto922

2,000: £7.5 Million
    3,000: £15 million
    4,000: £22.5 million
    5,000: £30 million
    6,000: £37.5 million
    7,000: £45 million
    8,000: £52.5 million
    9,000: £60 million
    10,000: £67.5 million

better?

Youth Team

The budgets only £200 million though.
    It depends on what you are looking for though - the higher it is the more variety you will get between players going for high rep but poor players and a low rep and good players already.

You need to set the barrier for high rep really high as otherwise everyone will get 10,000 rep clubs and attract the best players over time.

roberto922

Oh yeah

roberto922

I've set it like so:

2,000: £10 Million

3,000: £20 million
    4,000: £30 million
    5,000: £40 million
    6,000: £50 million
    7,000: £60 million
    8,000: £70 million
    9,000: £80 million
    10,000: £90 million

Are you gonna sign up WW?

Third Team

I wondered how long it would take for a plethora of TV sign-ups to spring up after I started my Apprentice one - so that's three so far, right? ;)

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    I wondered how long it would take for a plethora of TV sign-ups to spring up after I started my Apprentice one - so that's three so far, right? ;)
    Good word

Dragons Den, X-Factor and Survivor?

First Team Squad Member

I think Bermy said that it wasn't originally based on Dragons Den

Third Team

Yeah, he did, so you could count it either way. For the sake of my ego, I'm going to count it as a TV show thread .

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

Hi I thought of an idea for a sign up but I'm not sure if its been done before or not. It would be a basic create a player sign up however each player would be able pick up to six attributes to have at 20 but for every one they put at 20 they must pick one to make 1 (or 20 for injury proness/dirtiness).
    For example:

1st name: Anthoney
    2nd: Example
    DOB: 24/65/3342
    Strenghs (Atrriubtes at 20): Finishing, Pace
    (so because he picked two at 20 he must pick two to be 1)
    Weakness (attributes at 1): Pace, Heading

It would be limited to 20 players including myself each of which would be assigned to a random club in the premeirship.

If there is interest I would need to run a small experiment to find out the ideal begining CA please let me know either here if there is interest.

Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Having a bit of a problem with getting the test db right the attributes I put at 1 keep raising themselves to 13 and 14 (I think it might be because i just used the top 6 as a test and the ones that keep raising are too important for a striker ie finishing) any advice would be welcomed.
    Last edited by blowcrapup; 25-08-2008 at 14:00. Reason: Problems

Semi Pro

Ok got it fixed(ish) now it looks at little better. Let me know if there is interest.

Part-Timer

Erm so to have 5 attributes at 20 you must have 5 attributes at 1?

Semi Pro

Yes roughly they might be slightly higher as 1s keep getting bumped up. The point of this was so that the person signing up has to carefully pick their strenghs to conteract their weaknesses or they can leave it to fate to leave it random.

First Team Squad Member

Now then, I am currently running a sign up with Robert, but for once I am seriously thinking of starting a sign up which I can run, without spending hours on updates and something which won't break my laptop trying to run.

Then I remembered the fantasy football thing that NepentheZ started. Obviously I will need his permission to use the idea, as it was his idea, but if I get permission I would love to run it. Obviously updates would not be as detailed as Nep's and it may not be as well run as his one was, but hopefully it will still be good enough for everyone.

What does everyone think?

Third Team

Can you link me to NepentheZ's one? Don't remember that at all.

First Team Squad Member

Nep's one

There you go canvey!! ;)

First Team Squad Member

Yeah it didn't run for too long and the interest was poor (possibly due to the long gap between each update, because of the length of time it took to do an update).

Third Team

Cheers PH71. Well, it failed for a reason, and I think if you're going to run one of these you'd have to turn a blind eye to people not posting in it because it's the way things are. Nep obviously wasn't happy with the lack of support and interest for what is a mammoth undertaking, and I wouldn't be happy either, but if you can grin and bear it that's up to you. Your best bet for some regular posting would be to only allow those who you know will post regularly to sign-up. I have to say that it's unlikely that I would join in with this, I'm famously lazy. That being said, though, if I did sign up, I would post in it frequently, and not simply forget about it. I'm not that lazy.
    Last edited by canvey!!; 25-08-2008 at 20:12. Reason: "You're best bet"???? My grammar is messed up today

First Team Squad Member

Any more thoughts?
    Last edited by Ridleys; 26-08-2008 at 14:15.

Youth Team

I must admit I was disappointed by the lack if interest in the fantasy football, Nep did a great job and although my team failed miserably in the first few games, I enjoyed the small bit of it we got. I can't find a good reason for the lack of interest and I certainly can't see any reason why trying it again would keep any more people interested than last time but if you think it's worth a shot then I'm definately interested

Now then onto my own idea which, although the idea came from a previous "failed" thread, I'm hoping is original. Basically it's an adaptation of birdy's “The Premiership Draft Thread, sponsored by the Magic Sponge, Bargain Hunting and Sheer Blind Luck”

I can see the sign-up process being a fairly lengthy one and it'd require 20 users who aren't going to do a runner after 3 posts but.... each participant is assigned a Premier League team and each participant gets to select one player from each of the other Premier League sides to join their squad whilst at the same time the other participants are stealing their players. Once everybody has made their 19 picks I'll get rid of the rest of the players that started at the club and you'll have to take on the competition with whoever you've managed to aquire plus whoever your manager brings in before the transfer window closes.

I've put a fair bit of thought into it and have more info than what I've put above but I think what's there is enough for people to see what I mean without going into great detail, if not feel free to ask any questions.

First Team Squad Member

I was thinking maybe, I would choose the people who could sign up, so instead of just allowing any old person to just come in and post, I would choose people who have a fairly good record of posting frequently in sign ups.

First Team Squad Member

yeah, but that could be classed as discriminating

First Team Squad Member

Yes maybe, but I don't want to waste my time writing updates, for people that don't show any interest. They will be wating my time and their own time. If they sign up, they should follow it through, and for a sign up like this, the signupees will be involved as well (eg. making transfers etc).

roberto922

Maybe just not allow people that have been around since, say, 2006 and only posted 200 times, I think it would be unfair to rule out people that signed up last week or something like that.

Third Team

I do recall on the GTA Forums there were social groups (similar to our social group) where you could only join if you had an average of 1 post per day. This would prove you were going to post regularly in the social group. Something like that would be the best way to police it.

In response to Whoopy D, I'm not too keen on that idea. It's obvious that players like Fernando Torres would be snapped up before you could say "Liverpool's Number 9", and that places Liverpool at a disadvantage. Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal would have similar situations. The only teams that would benefit are ones like Derby (assuming '08), but for relegation fodder they would have their players pinched. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Part-Timer

Most challenges are about youth players how about

Golden Oldies sign up

Basically each person would be allowed to choose 6 32 and over players for their team and would be randomly assigned youth players to make up the rest of the squad.

OR

Golden Oldies Fc this team would replace Derby

Squad would only have players who are 32 and over in it and the aim would be for the player to win as many cups as possible and to do it only by using old players.

Reserves

Birdy and I were joking earlier about C.F Leyendas (my FM07 sign-up), and we got onto the topic about how it ended, where in the sign-up we had a newspaper, and the writer (Jonny Kaufman) came up with a story about how the club was destroyed after winning another La Liga title by it's own players. However, we got to thinking that perhaps this didn't really happen, and the paper made up the story, which has led to an idea for an FM09 sign-up...

C.F. Leyendas - Revealing the Conspiracy

Idea

It's 2008, 2 years (perhaps 10-20 to make it realistic) since C.F. Leyendas folded after the stadium was destroyed and the players killed in an explosion, a conspiracy has been uncovered that C.F. Leyendas were never destroyed, and in fact the Stadium is still in tact but it was a false story published by the Leyendas paper "The Yellow Star" to get rid of the club. Sensationally, "The Yellow Star" planned to get rid of Leyendas and then persuade the Spanish FA to let them enter a team into the Spanish La Liga to replace the open slot in the league, which they did, and The Yellow Star FC was formed. It was also revealed that they took Leyendas' stadium, "El Agujero Del Fango" and renamed it "Estadio Estrella" to cover up the destruction of Leyendas' stadium, and they somehow managed to prevent anyone from realising this! Once the conspiracy was revealed, the FA couldn't punish the team as it was an offence by the newspaper, not the club. They could however, put TYS FC's manager and owner, 'The Editor', on trial for conspiracy to defraud and commit murder. However, as they police circled in on him, he mysteriously disappeared. A week later before the start of the season, The Yellow Star appointed the mysterious "JK" as their new manager. At this point, The Yellow Star (newspaper) stopped publishing for the near future.

C.F. Leyendas had been silenced until this day by "The Yellow Star"'s officials, led by "The Editor", a few players had disappeared over the years such as Riho Ruutel, Chidraus Saxauskas and Jonny Kaufman, though they are suspected to have fled and are in hiding from TYS and their people. The other players have also hidden, but have now returned as the cover-up has been exposed. They've been in contact with the police, however there is little evidence on who TYS' operatives are other than "The Editor", but even then no-one is sure of his real identity. The former players however, are now too old to play competitive football, and are rallying former supporters of C.F. Leyendas to help revive the club. However, with a lack of support and the former players' hope deminishing, former manager Luis Valquez reforms C.F. Leyendas and has them put into the Spanish Second Division B for the upcoming season. Using money from his time at Leyendas, he appoints a team of staff entirely from former players, and aims to rebuild the team completely and fight up the leagues. His main aim - to avenge The Yellow Star and knock their football team off the top. It'll be a tough ask for an ageing Valquez, can he still do the job at his age? Or will he have to put faith in former players to restore the team. Only time will tell.
    The plan here would be to have members of the board to sign-up for the new C.F. Leyendas team, and fight their way up the league and eventually become better than bitter rivals The Yellow Star FC. TYSFC will be made up of fictional players who had links to the original Leyendas sign-up or have a spin on the new players names (though if there's enough interest they could also be made up of forum users), as suggested by Birdy, and they will have high CAs and PAs as they're playing for the best team in the world. The main question is whether anyone here actually remembers/was around at the time of the original sign-up, or if the back story would make any sense to you as you weren't previously involved or knew of it? It's a shame that the sign-up was deleted in "the purge", or you'd be able to take a look at that to see what I mean regarding The Yellow Star and the general Leyendas background. It would be possible for me to recap the original history of C.F. Leyendas as I still have the FM07 save, but it would lead to the sign-up starting pretty much as a story until it actually began. Great thanks to Birdy aswell for his ideas in this.

First Team Squad Member

From what i've heard of it, the original sign-up was one of the best sign-ups in the history of the forum, i'd love to be able to take part in this proposed 'revival'

First Team Squad Member

I think it's a great idea

Youth Team

Sounds great! I wasn't around for that sign-up but I've heard in mentioned many times on the forum and I'm sure the same must be true for many of the other users who've started coming here since FM 08 was released. I'm sure interest would be high.

Maybe the deltion of the original Leyendas thread in 'the purge' could be incorporated into the new thread as part of the Yellow Star's attempts to cover up the past. ;)

Youth Team

In response to Whoopy D, I'm not too keen on that idea. It's obvious that players like Fernando Torres would be snapped up before you could say "Liverpool's Number 9", and that places Liverpool at a disadvantage. Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal would have similar situations. The only teams that would benefit are ones like Derby (assuming '08), but for relegation fodder they would have their players pinched. Doesn't seem fair to me.
    I see what you're saying but while Liverpool may loose Torrres, Gerrard and Carragher they could also gain C.Ronaldo, Lampard and Kolo Toure so they're at no disadvantage at all. The whole point of it was to try and level the playing field so obviously I'd change the financial situations etc so that all the clubs were on equal footing and then when the process was complete, as you say Derby will be better off and Man Utd worse off but when you look at they Derby will have a squad made up of 1 player from each Premiership team and Man Utd will have a squad made up of 1 player from each Premiership team so they are no worse of than the other if you don't take into account their history. Plus once you have you're squad of 19 everyone else who started at the club gets released so there's no advantage to be had by being Arsenal, Liverpool. Chelsea or Man Utd who may have some good youngsters who might not have been picked.

Still if nobody likes the idea I won't think anymore about it

First Team Squad Member

I'm intrigued by it, and think it could be very interesting Whoopy

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by wisla_krakow View Post
    Birdy and I were joking earlier about C.F Leyendas (my FM07 sign-up), and we got onto the topic about how it ended, where in the sign-up we had a newspaper, and the writer (Jonny Kaufman) came up with a story about how the club was destroyed after winning another La Liga title by it's own players. However, we got to thinking that perhaps this didn't really happen, and the paper made up the story, which has led to an idea for an FM09 sign-up...

The plan here would be to have members of the board to sign-up for the new C.F. Leyendas team, and fight their way up the league and eventually become better than bitter rivals The Yellow Star FC. TYSFC will be made up of fictional players who had links to the original Leyendas sign-up or have a spin on the new players names (though if there's enough interest they could also be made up of forum users), as suggested by Birdy, and they will have high CAs and PAs as they're playing for the best team in the world. The main question is whether anyone here actually remembers/was around at the time of the original sign-up, or if the back story would make any sense to you as you weren't previously involved or knew of it? It's a shame that the sign-up was deleted in "the purge", or you'd be able to take a look at that to see what I mean regarding The Yellow Star and the general Leyendas background. It would be possible for me to recap the original history of C.F. Leyendas as I still have the FM07 save, but it would lead to the sign-up starting pretty much as a story until it actually began. Great thanks to Birdy aswell for his ideas in this.
    Sounds Rubbish

Only Joking ;) Love to be apart of it
    Last edited by Tilla; 26-08-2008 at 21:45. Reason: Joke

Youth Team

Just thinking maybe it'd be better for my idea if I created 20 new clubs to replace those currently in the EPL and then the new clubs had 1 pick of the players from each of the previous clubs, that way it would avoid people taking the same view as canvey!! although I completely understand where he's coming from

Part-Timer

Most challenges are about youth players how about

Golden Oldies sign up

Basically each person would be allowed to choose 6 32 and over players for their team and would be randomly assigned youth players to make up the rest of the squad.

OR

Golden Oldies Fc this team would replace Derby

Squad would only have players who are 32 and over in it and the aim would be for the player to win as many cups as possible and to do it only by using old players.
    Take it my idea is **** then.

First Team

I want to start my own Challenge. The enjoyment Daf's and Gundo's challenge brings is immense, and I applaud that. But as Daf's Challenge is singled out to England, and Gundo has selected nations, I'd perhaps like to have my challenge as the N. Irish version of Dafs. Obviously, its hardly "my challenge" - as it comes under Gundos - but the majority of Gundo's Challengers play in N. Ireland, and a seperate challenge thread may prove wise. Obviously, this may take a lot away from Gundo's thread, so I'd basically like some thoughts on the matter of singling out the nation.

I've also got a couple other challenges in mind, which are for FM09 - But I'm finding it quite hard to come up with something original, interesting and challenging.!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    I want to start my own Challenge. The enjoyment Daf's and Gundo's challenge brings is immense, and I applaud that. But as Daf's Challenge is singled out to England, and Gundo has selected nations, I'd perhaps like to have my challenge as the N. Irish version of Dafs. Obviously, its hardly "my challenge" - as it comes under Gundos - but the majority of Gundo's Challengers play in N. Ireland, and a seperate challenge thread may prove wise. Obviously, this may take a lot away from Gundo's thread, so I'd basically like some thoughts on the matter of singling out the nation.

I've also got a couple other challenges in mind, which are for FM09 - But I'm finding it quite hard to come up with something original, interesting and challenging.!
    I like the idea of having different threads for different countries within the challenge, but as you say it would most likely take away from the main thread as a large number of participants are using NI.

Would splitting one coutry away from the challenge not lead to a thread for each country in the challenge?

Have you looked into starting the same challenge for a different continent that hasn't previously been started? I know that one was done for South America, but was one ever done for the Asian countries?

I was thinking myself that it would be nice to have my own challenge for FM09, but couldn't come up with anything. My main idea would have been doing something along the same lines as Dafuge / Gundo but for Asia, although I don't think it will prove to be as popular as the others.

First Team

I could do it for other continents, but the demand there isn't high, and it wouldn't get nearly as many participants as I'd like. The only other thing I'd thought of, is doing something practically the same as Daf's / Gundo's challenge, but with no real players.

First Team Squad Member

just an idea, but you could base it on a film/trilogy, I saw a ffb LOTR one in FMS, perhaps you could loosely base it on a film/trilogy like Rocky/Star Wars etc

Youth Team

I think some more stuctured challenges could prove to be popular as long as the goals are clear and acheivable. Take crouchaldino's 'Britain/India Challenge' for example. Maybe something along the lines of starting in a 'small' league with a new club and working your way through a 'medium' league before going onto a 'top' league?

Youth Team

I'd say wait until the announcement next week, that might give you a few ideas.

I can predict already that if they implement the 'create a league' feature into the game then there will be a whole raft of sign up / challenges / AI Experiments based around such a feature.

First Team Squad Member

My concern with that is that TOO many sign ups/challenges/AI Experiments will come from that, and all sense of originality is gone within 3 weeks of FM09's release

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    My concern with that is that TOO many sign ups/challenges/AI Experiments will come from that, and all sense of originality is gone within 3 weeks of FM09's release
    I think if they do do that, we'll either have to limit the number of them, or wait till they all fade away.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by weeeman27bob View Post
    I think if they do do that, we'll either have to limit the number of them, or wait till they all fade away.

Won't be a problem to be honest - you will get the usual overload of sign ups in the first few weeks, but you can tell straight away which ones may last any sort of distance.

Happens every year, after a month or so it goes back to normal.

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Quote Originally Posted by Walcott\'s Wonderkids View Post
    Won't be a problem to be honest - you will get the usual overload of sign ups in the first few weeks, but you can tell straight away which ones may last any sort of distance.

Happens every year, after a month or so it goes back to normal.
    Ah i wouldn't know that, i've only been around since March!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Walcott\'s Wonderkids View Post
    I'd say wait until the announcement next week, that might give you a few ideas.

I can predict already that if they implement the 'create a league' feature into the game then there will be a whole raft of sign up / challenges / AI Experiments based around such a feature.
    That would be interesting. So would a more user friendly editor, which would also encourage more. At the moment it's a big ordeal to make changes.

My prediction for the game, fwiw, is a massive overhaul of the tactical system. Something intuitive, no mor slidey bar nonsense, with the ability to design proper set piece routines etc.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post

I'd speak to Gundo about that one since you'd basically be taking a fairly large chunk of people away from his challenge to yours.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I'd speak to Gundo about that one since you'd basically be taking a fairly large chunk of people away from his challenge to yours.
    I can fully appreciate that, which is why I thought I'd air my views in here before just getting up and doing it. I'm fully aware that it could pretty much end Gundo's Challenge, and I really wouldn't want to do that. I just want a full blooded, successful challenge of my own.

I've been bouncing my own ideas around, and the fake players thing seems most logical. However, if what has been mentioned about Creating a league, That would open a whole new world of ideas up for me, and I'd definitely get a decent challenge running then.

World Cup Winner

While we are here, the recent idea I had of combining the career discussion from the club threads in the GPTG forum seems to have died so I'm think about ideas for career based threads in this forum.

We already have 'the career thread' which has basically been used for people starting at the bottom and working their way up, there is also the 'big club edition' which is here on trial to see how it goes. I'd be interested to hear variations on these types of threads, so people have more of a choice here about what sort of career game they could play.

Maybe calling it a career game is too limiting, perhaps we should have more threads based around specific challenges which would be based around games people would be playing anyway, for example 'win the league with a team outside the 'big four' or 'take a Championship team to the Champions League Title'.

Third Team

I think in order to create variations of career threads we need to say what sort of save games are being left out of the career thread at the moment that we think should go in the career thread?

First Team

Well a simple title would sort that out canvey!!. A thread titled "I am NOT the big 4 - Career Thread" - or something similar could easily help distinguish between them. Obviously, if 20 people made these Challenge/Career threads, we'd end up having 1 for each team, which wouldn't be fun. But it could possibly work.

Third Team

I think you've misunderstood me Neppo. Right here, in this thread, we need to make a list of the types of save games that currently don't fit in to either of the career threads. Only then can we go some way to making decent and functional variations.

World Cup Winner

I think in order to create variations of career threads we need to say what sort of save games are being left out of the career thread at the moment that we think should go in the career thread?
    If there were a series of separate career threads it could potentially be hard work to separate them. There would either have to be loose guidelines, possibly leading to arguments over who should post in which thread, or tight guidelines, which would be incredibly hard to define, leading to arguments over who should post in which thread.

It could be hard work to get up and running, perhaps the simple 'start from the bottom/don't start from the bottom' split is easiest?

Third Team

Yes, that's probably best. I don't feel there are any type of save that can't be covered by those two.

roberto922

A couple of suggestions:

The Giants career thread - I know this can be in the big club career thread but I've noticed that most people in that thread are going for Middle teams like Coventry, they take control of one of the clubs that are giants at the start of the game, maybe a minimum rep of 8500 to qualify?

Finished challenges thread - Alot of people complete challenges and then continue to enjoy the save games created for the challenges, this could be a thread for them to discuss their careers after they finish the challenges so that they don't clog up the challenges thread.

Sleeping Giants thread - Players take control of clubs that have been in the top league of their country (Perhaps just teams that have won titles etc.) but have, in recent years, dropped down the divisions and now turn out in one of the lower leagues of their nation (League One downwards in England?).

All One nationality thread - Obviously it wouldn't be called this as it's a terrible title but - This could be a thread where players try to take a chosen team to their Nations top domestic title using only players of the clubs nationality.

Career achievements - Perhaps an archive where everyone can post and update their season histories? It could be quite helpful I feel

Youth Team

I like the 'career achievements' idea. It would be a good place for people to compare their non-challenge saves without the obligation to write reports.

Youth Team

Maybe we could have an 'international career' thread. I know it's not the most popular aspect of the game for everybody but several people in the two career threads we have atm seem to be getting into the international jobs and MadWoodster's Challenge was popular when FM 08 was first released. Players focusing solely on international jobs as well as those combining it with club careers could post in it to keep it as open as possible.

First Team Squad Member

I think that's a great idea DodgeeD

Part-Timer

Does anyone mind me restarting fmfans sign up?

Youth Team

The sega championships or whatever it was called or am I completely wrong?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast