+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Amateur

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Those are some good looking regens, dafuge. ;) (jpgs are usually faster)

Anyway, now that school is done, i'm thinking of hosting a sign up. Can't think of any good, original ideas. Only thing i can come up with is an assist signup (where you try to make the best assist making player) - but that sounds lame. Anyone got any suggestions?

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

All i'd suggest is make it something interesting and reasonably original and you can't go wrong tbh

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

i'd agree. needs to be a little bit different from the others...

roberto922

Heres my situation.

A few months ago I posted an experiment about a bunch of the most talented U-18s in the BSS with Vauxhall to see how they'd progress, quite a few people showed an interest in it but at the time I didn't have enough time or patience to carry it out. Now I'm ready to play again but it seems to have been deleted on the switchover. I was just wondering whether it would be worth starting again? I was thinking of making a new team and stuff like that.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Heres my situation.

A few months ago I posted an experiment about a bunch of the most talented U-18s in the BSS with Vauxhall to see how they'd progress, quite a few people showed an interest in it but at the time I didn't have enough time or patience to carry it out. Now I'm ready to play again but it seems to have been deleted on the switchover. I was just wondering whether it would be worth starting again? I was thinking of making a new team and stuff like that.
    Do you have a copy of what was posted in the other thread? Could you repost that and then continue with the original experiment?

If not then start a new one, it would be an interesting to see how it the players progress.

roberto922

Nope it's completely gone, I'll start it again. First off I'll give it a test run and then prepare the introduction before posting it. Watch this space

Youth Team

Hi guys,

The thread bermybhoy created yesterday about new clubs got me thinking about the different type of extreme clubs you could create for one league in FM.

If he doesn't mind, I'm thinking about possibly doing a spin off AI experiment in relation to this, or just running it myself privately but I could do with your help for possible extremes. So could you can think of any extremes, along with lines of what is written below then that would be greatly appreciated:

In all cases, the club would have 'below average' finance / facilities / players for everything apart from their unique focus.

Type of clubs

1. Control club

2. Perfect youth / training facilities

3. Massive stadium and average attendance

4. Sugardaddy club but has really poor rep.

5. 11 superstar players, one for each position.

6. Massive reputation but absolutely no money.

7. Great manager with fantastic backroom staff, with poor reps and long contracts.

8. An amateur club.

9. Is the feeder club to 2 or 3 of the world's largest clubs.

10. In fighting within a club of talented individuals. (suggested by Paul)

11. Your physical sunday / lower league club - tall, physcial, unsporting guys who play on a horrendous pitch and play longball tactics.

16. etc etc

My idea is to put this into the Irish football setup, although if I / we can come up with more extremes then I may move it to another division with larger number of teams (although if that is the case I want to make sure there are enough ' existing normal but poor clubs' in it too make sure that make take the relegation spots.

So if any of you can think of a few more extreme clubs then feel free to let me know.
    Last edited by Walcott\'s Wonderkids; 10-08-2008 at 13:20.

First Team Squad Member

Great Manager, Great Players, but everyone hates each other?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    Great Manager, Great Players, but everyone hates each other?

Good shout - in fighting within a club.

Also thought of making a bunch of lower league thugs, sorry battlers! They are all 6ft5 tall, play on an atrocious pitch and and physically dominating.

Keep the ideas up lads, the more the better - means I have a bigger pool to select the best ones from.

First Team Squad Member

I like that sort of thing

Can you create a team where all the players have no 'natural' position? That would be interesting.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by birdy123 View Post
    I like that sort of thing

Can you create a team where all the players have no 'natural' position? That would be interesting.
    Yeah that would be good. Also think a team where everyone can play everywhere could be interesting as well (unless of course thats pretty much the same idea you were thinking of ;)!).

Youth Team

I've now increased the different types of clubs. I'm aiming for 24 in total, with the idea of starting this in League 2 in England.

Type of clubs

1. Control club with average of everything

2. Perfect youth / training facilities - edited into database

3. Massive stadium and average attendance - edited into database

4. 11 superstar players, one for each position.

5. Massive reputation but absolutely no money. - edited into database

6. Great manager with fantastic backroom staff, with poor reps and long contracts.

7. An amateur club.

8. Is the feeder club to 2 or 3 of the world's largest clubs. - edited into database

9. In fighting within a club of talented individuals.

10. Your physical sunday / lower league club - tall, physcial, unsporting guys who play on a horrendous pitch and play longball tactics. - edited into database

11. Great scouting network / knowledge

12. Team with UEFA Cup entry in 2007/08

13. Great morale + town attractiveness - edited into database

14. A team lacking in ability but full of sprinters

15. Wealthy, loyal chairman who has no ambition

16. Ambitious sugardaddy, but club has really poor rep.

17. A team of fading legends. - edited into database

18. Team where everyone can play everywhere.

19. Average ability players, but all of them are tiny (5ft2 - 5ft4 tall)

20. Team with either just central players or just wingers.

21. Club with huge debt at the start.

22. Technically gifted players but physically are poor and mentally are easily intimidated.

24. Existing League Two Club - edited into database

So as you can see, there are 4 more extremes I'm looking for to complete my line up in League 2 of 24 clubs, so anymore suggestions will be greatly received.
    Last edited by Walcott\'s Wonderkids; 10-08-2008 at 19:23. Reason: Updating status of editing

Part-timer

I like the idea WW.

Maybe one team with just central positions, no wingers or full backs? Or a side with only left-footed players?

Third Team

How about miniscule reputation, but loads of money and/or great players (who'll all want to leave)

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ian~ View Post
    I like the idea WW.

Maybe one team with just central positions, no wingers or full backs? Or a side with only left-footed players?
    Yeah like the idea where a team has just central or winger players at the start. Obviously will change after a while with transfers, but would be interesting in the short term. I'll add that in.

3 more extremities needed.

First Team Squad Member

How about a team of lefties?

EDIT: 4,000th post

Third Team

How about a team opposite to the physical Sunday League team like very good technically but very poor physical stats and are sporting, good temper, professional etc. Would be interesting when they played the physical team.

Also a team in severe financial difficulties and are on the brink of going into administration but are good in other areas.
    Last edited by jod123; 10-08-2008 at 19:15.

roberto922

Everything brilliant except the backroom staff? (inc. the Chairman) who are all terrible.

Huge Debt, huge stadium?

I'll try and think of a couple of others.

Youth Team

Like the idea of the opposite of the 'Pub team' players - all technically gifted.

Also like the idea of huge debt at a club, puts a different spin on things.

The bad backroom staff I'm going to incorporate into the 11 superstar player team.

Keep 'em coming guys.

Banned

What about a team with 20 players but no coaches, manager etc..

Youth Team

Thought I would give an update on the status quo:

Type of clubs

1. Control club with average of everything - edited into database
    4. Massive reputation but absolutely no money. - edited into database
    5. Existing League Two Club - edited into database

6. An amateur club - edited into database
    7. Is the feeder club to 2 or 3 of the world's largest clubs. - edited into database
    8 . Your physical sunday / lower league club - tall, physcial, unsporting guys who play on a horrendous pitch and play longball tactics. - edited into database
    9. Great scouting network / knowledge - edited into database
    10. Team with UEFA Cup entry in 2007/08 - edited into database

11. Great morale + town attractiveness - edited into database
    12. Wealthy, loyal chairman who has no ambition - edited into database
    13. Ambitious sugardaddy, but club has really poor rep - edited into database
    14. A team of fading legends. - edited into database
    15. Club which everyone hates and they hate everyone - edited into database

16. 11 superstar players, one for each position, but with terrible backroom staff - edited into database
    17. Club with huge debt at the start - edited into database
    18. Like the control side, but with a synthetic pitch to test if this affects results - edited into database
    19. Team which is effectively run by another, much richer, foreign club - edited into database

20. Great manager with fantastic backroom staff, with poor reps and long contracts.
    21. A team lacking in ability but full of sprinters
    22. Team where everyone can play everywhere.
    23. In fighting within a club of talented individuals.
    24. Technically gifted, small players but physically are weak and mentally are easily intimidated.

I've now created 19/24 of the clubs so far and I've run a season's trial and the results are quite interesting. Will be even better when all of the teams are edited into the database so everyone can compete against each other.

Frazza Pee - cheers for the idea, I think idea is being incorporated into other sides within the league.

The list of teams is now complete, hopefully will have the experiment up and running by the middle of the week.
    Last edited by Walcott\'s Wonderkids; 11-08-2008 at 23:38.

roberto922

What was wrong with my ideas?

Youth Team

What was wrong with my ideas?
    I've included your ideas

The poor backroom staff is being incorporated into the superstars team and I'm doing a team with large debt!

roberto922

Ah right 21 & 4?

Youth Team

Ah right 21 & 4?

Yeah

Think I've thought up the last idea - I've always wanted to see if there is any effect of having a synthetic pitch at your stadium so the last side will be like the control team, but will have the only synthetic pitch.

Third Team

I was just trying to think up of some ideas

Maybe a team with low morale or high morale

Maybe a team that are rivals with all the other teams in the league or are really disliked by other players/managers etc

Maybe a team whose own players hate the club

That is all I can think of.

Just to let you know about No.19 team with small players. The idea in theory is good but I think height and weight in the game are purely cosmetic. Maybe you could make them have poor jumping and heading as well as been small.

I did not notice your above post about having an idea now. That is a good idea as well. That will be interesting what difference a synthethic pitch makes if any.
    Last edited by jod123; 10-08-2008 at 23:48.

Youth Team

Maybe a team with low morale or high morale
    I have a team of high morale.

Maybe a team that are rivals with all the other teams in the league or are really disliked by other players/managers etc
    Interesting idea, that could easily replace one of the other ones.

Maybe a team whose own players hate the club
    Thinking of incorporating this into the 'infighting' club.

Just to let you know about No.19 team with small players. The idea in theory is good but I think height and weight in the game are purely cosmetic. Maybe you could make them have poor jumping and heading as well as been small.
    Yeah thats a good shout now I think about it. In which case, I will probably merge the short players with poor jumping into the good technical team, replacing it with the 'everyone hates this club' club.

Thanks for all the comments and ideas.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Walcott\'s Wonderkids View Post
    I have a team of high morale.
    I must be blind, I did not see it.

Amateur

Does this challenge idea sound reasonable, or too much hassle?

------

The Junior Lewis Phenomenon
    Some players' careers seem inextricably linked to a manager. Nothing too unusual there as everyone managing, even in FM, has their favourites, I'm sure. However, sometimes, these pass beyond being understandable into the realm of the bizarre, where the manager takes the player far beyond their abilities yet fails to notice their lack of ability - we call this the Junior Lewis phenomenon.

Lewis' playing career began at Dover, a level that his ability would probably seem reasonable for, but fate and then Dover manager Peter Taylor had other things in mind. Lewis was signed by Taylor for Gillingham and then followed him to then-Premiership Leicester, where he was astronomically out of his depth and played a crucial part in destroying a formerly successful side. From there, Taylor signed him repeatedly - in total Lewis played for Taylor at six different clubs and since retiring has recently joined Taylor's coaching staff at Wycombe.

The aim of this challenge is to beat that record. In other words, its not to become the most succesful manager, but to have the most successful tag-along player.

Useless Follower is a seventeen year old striker on a free transfer, with a current ability and potential ability of one. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to take him to the top. You will have an automatic background, a random team from the Championship to the Conference National (press random until it gives you a club in that range) to manage, and a whole load of dead weight.

Rules: If available for selection, Useless Follower should always be picked. If you move clubs, Useless Follower should always be signed. If you become international manager, you must always call up Useless Follower. Simple. Any database size may be used, any leagues may be used as long as all English leagues are selected.

---------

It seems quite amusing and I'm not sure anyone's done a "drag along a player with you!" where the focus has been on having an impossibly poor player yet, though it might just be I've not noticed it bcause it wasn't been successful. Will this work?
    Last edited by act smiley; 11-08-2008 at 02:33. Reason: clarity

roberto922

Not 1 PA/CA, maybe 40/50 so that he can do something for you, Lewis wasn't quite that bad lol.

Amateur

Part of the appeal is giving a good career to the worst player in the world - with that kind of ability he'd just be an average conference south kind of player. It might make things less absurd, but the dead weight is the challenging part of it. I dunno.

roberto922

He wouldn't make it in the Ryman leagues with 1/1 though smiley.

Youth Team

Thought I would give an update on the status quo:

Type of clubs

1. Control club with average of everything - edited into database
    4. Massive reputation but absolutely no money. - edited into database
    5. Existing League Two Club - edited into database

6. An amateur club - edited into database
    7. Is the feeder club to 2 or 3 of the world's largest clubs. - edited into database
    8 . Your physical sunday / lower league club - tall, physcial, unsporting guys who play on a horrendous pitch and play longball tactics. - edited into database
    9. Great scouting network / knowledge - edited into database
    10. Team with UEFA Cup entry in 2007/08 - edited into database

11. Great morale + town attractiveness - edited into database
    12. Wealthy, loyal chairman who has no ambition - edited into database
    13. Ambitious sugardaddy, but club has really poor rep - edited into database
    14. A team of fading legends. - edited into database
    15. Club which everyone hates and they hate everyone - edited into database

16. 11 superstar players, one for each position, but with terrible backroom staff - edited into database
    17. Club with huge debt at the start - edited into database
    18. Like the control side, but with a synthetic pitch to test if this affects results - edited into database
    19. Team which is effectively run by another, much richer, foreign club - edited into database

20. Great manager with fantastic backroom staff, with poor reps and long contracts.
    21. A team lacking in ability but full of sprinters
    22. Team where everyone can play everywhere.
    23. In fighting within a club of talented individuals.
    24. Technically gifted, small players but physically are weak and mentally are easily intimidated.

I've now created 19/24 of the clubs so far and the trial results are quite interesting.

Hoping to be able to finish the database tomorrow and then do the initial profiles for the thread for Weds evening.

Third Team

I have a small idea for an AI experiment, I want to create 22 players 2 for each postion in a standard 4-4-2 and put each of the players to a different club in the lower leagues in England, these players would be 17 and have great potential, but their current ability only slightly better than the normal for their age, but obviously stuck in the lower leagues they would be unlikely to fufill this potential, the next step is to make them all have positive relationships with each other.

As part of this experiment there are a few things I am wanting to check and find out

- Do Players who like each other drift together in clumps at clubs in the future
    - Do the teams with the star strikers score more goals
    - do the teams with the goalies concede less?
    - Will any of the players make it as international stars?

Any other help or suggestions would be great.

Reserves

I was thinking about doing a managers sign-up similar to Bambi's OOTP Sign-Up, except at Euro 2008.

The idea would be for 16 members of the board to sign-up and be randomly given one the 16 participants of Euro 2008 each (though this would be dependant on whether I could get the right teams to appear...if not there could be a Euro 2008 save somewhere?), and similar to Bambi's sign-up, they will each manage their side via one save. So they would send me the tactics, the squad they want to call up and team-sheets for the tournament and battle it out between each other to be the winner of Euro 2008.

Obviously I'd need to contact Bambi to get his permission to use his idea, but would anyone be interested in this?

Third Team

I think Mark Cator suggested that idea a couple of weeks ago, but yeah I'd take part.

World Cup Winner

That sounds pretty good, I'd be interested in taking part in a short term game like that.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_296 View Post
    I think Mark Cator suggested that idea a couple of weeks ago, but yeah I'd take part.
    And so he did! Didn't realise that until I just checked back a few pages. Well I'll have to see if he doesn't mind me using his idea then!

Third Team

I don't think he's followed it up really so I think it should be ok

Reserves

I've e-mailed Bambi anyway to see if I can use the idea.

Part-timer

I like the sound of the Useless Follower challenge, could be a bit of a more light-hearted game than most. Though 1 PA is probably a bit low, maybe a random value of -2 or -3 would be better for it to still be low, but allow some variations.

First Team Squad Member

On around the 25th/26th of August I will be starting a new sign up, it's a competition-ish sign-up, but will also have fairly detailed reports on each player. I don't want to give away too much at this early stage, it is a Nation against a Nation, but for a bit of a change i'm not creating the nations. In-case dafuge is reading this I have changed that nation that you confirmed wouldn't be suitable.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by wisla_krakow View Post
    I was thinking about doing a managers sign-up similar to Bambi's OOTP Sign-Up, except at Euro 2008.

The idea would be for 16 members of the board to sign-up and be randomly given one the 16 participants of Euro 2008 each (though this would be dependant on whether I could get the right teams to appear...if not there could be a Euro 2008 save somewhere?), and similar to Bambi's sign-up, they will each manage their side via one save. So they would send me the tactics, the squad they want to call up and team-sheets for the tournament and battle it out between each other to be the winner of Euro 2008.

Obviously I'd need to contact Bambi to get his permission to use his idea, but would anyone be interested in this?
    As someone who followed Bambi's FM07 version and took part in his FM08 Version, count me in for this one wisla - sounds excellent.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    On around the 25th/26th of August I will be starting a new sign up, it's a competition-ish sign-up, but will also have fairly detailed reports on each player. I don't want to give away too much at this early stage, it is a Nation against a Nation, but for a bit of a change i'm not creating the nations. In-case dafuge is reading this I have changed that nation that you confirmed wouldn't be suitable.
    Georgia v Russia - The battle for South Ossetia?

Youth Team

Request for assistance

Hello everyone,

I was going to put this in the editors forum but I thought I would stick it in here as I think this has tremendous potential to be a cracking sign up or challenge. However, it will require a tremendous (not going to lie to you all) amount of preparation time using the editor, so I'm am looking for any help possible from:

a. Someone who has a fair bit of sparetime at the moment and in the next couple of weeks.

b. Has a basic understanding of the FM pre-game editor, or can work their way around it with my help.

c. Has a reasonable knowledge of international squads from around the world.

If anyone is interested in helping me out with the set-up of this database for a potentially legendary challenge / sign up then please send me a private message and I will let you know the details.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ian~ View Post
    Georgia v Russia - The battle for South Ossetia?
    Booo!!! America V Iraq - The Battle for the Oil?

roberto922

More info would be kinda useful WW...

Youth Team

More info would be kinda useful WW...

I'll send you a PM.

roberto922

Ok .

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    I have a small idea for an AI experiment, I want to create 22 players 2 for each postion in a standard 4-4-2 and put each of the players to a different club in the lower leagues in England, these players would be 17 and have great potential, but their current ability only slightly better than the normal for their age, but obviously stuck in the lower leagues they would be unlikely to fufill this potential, the next step is to make them all have positive relationships with each other.

As part of this experiment there are a few things I am wanting to check and find out

- Do Players who like each other drift together in clumps at clubs in the future
    - Do the teams with the star strikers score more goals
    - do the teams with the goalies concede less?
    - Will any of the players make it as international stars?

Any other help or suggestions would be great.
    Right so i am going to run with this experiment, I want to really see if star players that like each other will flock together. I am undecided whether to create a World Class Manager as well and see if he is able to bring the players to himself at some point in the future. I am going to base the 22 players on my current Youth Team in FML, using the names and positions. Their second nationality will also be that of their true nationality in my FML team, I am going to make them all one nationality, but I was originally going to make them all from a team around 100th in the world, but I think this may end up adding variables to the experiment. So now i am tossing up whether I go with a lower nationality, spread them around the world in nationality or if I make them all English seen as I am going to start with posting each of them as a member of a team in the Blue Square North to begin with. I will also when recording the data pay particular attention to these players playing against each other in "positional battles" so when a striker from my experiment runs into the Goalkeeper and so on. This will add a lot more detail, so now I have a plan for how to spend my weekend I am going to be busy editing 22 players into the database.

So points I need help on.

1) Nationality - suggestions, and also whether it should be large, small or spread around.
    2) Potential and Current Ability - I am thinking I should make them high potential, but do I start them with low CA, something around the level they are playing at or maybe a level or two higher.
    3) Contracts - Do I put them on long contracts or short seen as I expect them to move quite quickly.
    4) Ideas for major things to follow in this Experiment.

I think that is the major ones. Any help will be great, thanks And I will run this experiment in Holiday mode, probably a month or so at a time.

Reserves

While I'm waiting for a reply from Bambi, would anyone be able to help be find a FM save before Euro 2008 with the correct teams?

World Cup Winner

While I'm waiting for a reply from Bambi, would anyone be able to help be find a FM save before Euro 2008 with the correct teams?
    I brought that idea up a while ago but I couldn't find one anywhere. Perhaps there might be one around by now.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I brought that idea up a while ago but I couldn't find one anywhere. Perhaps there might be one around by now.
    I've also asked in the save game thread in GPTG and the FM thread in OTF, hopefully I'll get a positive result. I'm 99% sure there is one somewhere.

First Team Squad Member

I imagine you could get one, but would have to fix the qualifiers, and then the day before the groups are drawn, keep re-loading it up until you get the right groups, could take a while though

Reserves

Getting the correct teams should be easy enough as there's only 2/3 group games left iirc. I reckon the draw wouldn't be too hard, the groups are seeded so I'd at least be able to get close enough to the proper draw.

EDIT: I've got all the correct teams qualifying easily enough, I know the draw date is early December irl but on FM don't they have it in mid-December? I'll take a look around the month and see. Also, if anyone could tell me the FM date for Euro 2008 squad selection that would be great.
    Last edited by wisla_krakow; 15-08-2008 at 00:48.

Reserves

I won't be able to re-create the exact Euro 2008 groups unfortunately, as some teams who were in the same group irl (Sweden and Russia) are in the same pot, so cannot be drawn together.

However, I've done my own Euro 2008 draw after 3 attempts to get an interesting conclusion, and I'm sure it'll be just as entertaining as the real one. And naturally, there's a Group of Death! ;) Lets just say, you'll be unlucky if you end up with a team in Group C...

I'll be planning to launch this (in tandem with my current sign-up, that'll still be going) as soon as I find the date for Euro 2008 squad selection, and when/if Bambi replies to my e-mail.

Reserves

Right, I'm all ready to start this now as soon as I get an e-mail back from Bambi .

Third Team

Does it matter about getting his permission? From what I've heard he isn't coming back

Reserves

Does it matter about getting his permission? From what I've heard he isn't coming back
    Where did that rumour come from then? Though he did go on holiday and never returned . The sign-up will most likely be up Monday, but if I get impatient then it'll end up being tommorow no doubt.

Third Team

HELP!

I am trying to figure out how to have a shortlist when I am unemployed, is it impossible> do I have to manage a team and just go on holiday with that team?

roberto922

Download Genie Scout and use the shortlist feature from that

Third Team

haha ok that actually works? hmmm I might have to running an AI experiment doesn't work to well if I have to be manager of a team haha.

Third Team

I wanted to get all the news about them as well though and know what was happening etc, this is sucky, I might just have to take over a low league team in one of the leagues I have running...

Semi Pro

What about 20 players challenge
    Win as much with only 20 players.

Reserves

Euro 2008...OOTP Style! coming up tommorow at 10pm

Youth Team

Euro 2008...OOTP Style! coming up tommorow at 10pm
    I'll try my best to get online for 10pm.

Third Team

Walcott\'s Wonderkids, how is your experiment going with the extreme clubs?

Third Team

I've an idea: an endurance event sign-up along the lines of 'English Endurance' or something. The basic premise being that 20, 44, 68, 92 or however many people sign-up and each get a team in the Football League. The aim then is to see who can last the longest. I could set it for only Premiership, Prem & Championship, them and League 1 or the whole Football League, or more, depending on how many people want to sign up.

Basically I get everyone's manager details (very basic as it could be a lot of people) and create them in the editor, adding them to an English club and seeing how long they last, doing reports on their progress every half-season. Whoever wins can be the 'English Endurance King' (or Queen). The idea's in a larvae stage and all ideas/criticisms welcome and necessary.

roberto922

How can you get an award for doing nothing? At first I thought you meant we take control and see who can get through the most seasons which I'd be interested in, TBH the above doesn't interest me but it could interest a few others I suppose, the most you'd get would probably be the Premiership though tbh.

Third Team

What do you mean how can you get an award? I think it could be very good canvey!! although it is rather luck of the draw as the people with Man U etc will sty the longest

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

I agree it could be a good idea but one thing it doesn't take into account is rehiring and movings club e.g. Mr A is fired as Sunderland manager. Sunderland then go on to hire Senoir B from Fulham. Now under the original idea this would count as a loss however he did not lose his job he merely moved. However saying that I still would be interested.
    Last edited by blowcrapup; 17-08-2008 at 22:33. Reason: mistake

roberto922

I don't get why you should be given the title of Endurance King or anything similiar for doing nothing, obv that's just my opinion but I think you should only get titles/awards for working towards something no matter what it is.

roberto922

That's easily counterd blowcrapup (love the name ;)) you could just go by how long they went without getting sacked rather than staying in the same job.

Third Team

but you don't really do anything in sign ups except read the updates

Semi Pro

Yeah I don't know about being given an award as well but it was an opening idea.

True nice idea.

Cheers it was meant to be blows***up but nowhere allows it

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post
    I agree it could be a good idea but one thing it doesn't take into account is rehiring and movings club e.g. Mr A is fired as Sunderland manager. Sunderland then go on to hire Senoir B from Fulham. Now under the original idea this would count as a loss however he did not lose his job he merely moved. However saying that I still would be interested.
    The intention was that this would result in B at Fulham 'losing' the sign-up. I think it would be silly if one manager went through 5 or 6 different jobs but still won the sign-up.

The 'English Endurance King' was just something they could title themselves with. It isn't supposed to be an award and the main purpose of the sign-up would be for entertainment.

Still, I'll leave this open for discussion, see what others have to say.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    The intention was that this would result in B at Fulham 'losing' the sign-up. I think it would be silly if one manager went through 5 or 6 different jobs but still won the sign-up.

The 'English Endurance King' was just something they could title themselves with. It isn't supposed to be an award and the main purpose of the sign-up would be for entertainment.

Still, I'll leave this open for discussion, see what others have to say.
    Right that clears that up for me then.

roberto922

So they'd get punished if they moved from League One to a prem club? I don't think the participant would be too happy tbh.

roberto922

And I'll accept what you said about the title if I can be the Welsh Endurance King ;)

Third Team

But the whole idea of the sign up is to see who can stay at their club for the longest, moving form a league one club ot a prem club would mean you have failed it. I think it could be really good canvey.

Semi Pro

But the whole idea of the sign up is to see who can stay at their club for the longest, moving form a league one club ot a prem club would mean you have failed it. I think it could be really good canvey.
    Yeah I see what your saying. It could turn out to be good.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    Walcott\'s Wonderkids, how is your experiment going with the extreme clubs?

Yeah it's going quite well thanks - I finished the database on Friday and am in the process of writing the OP (summarising 24 teams takes a while! ).

I don't have the FM disc to hand at the moment, so OP will probably come Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

roberto922

BTW WW I've finished the league sides and I'm just waiting for Frazza to finish now

Youth Team

BTW WW I've finished the league sides and I'm just waiting for Frazza to finish now
    Good news.

Amateur

So here is my idea for a challenge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The challenge is you can only use players at the club when you arrive, and you can only use players that come throught your youth set up. Well this the basis for it. I'm started it with limerick 37. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for it to make it better.

You can loan in 3 players a season and maybe bring in 3/4 free signings a season

So what do you think

Plz tell me it isn't been done already

roberto922

Just seems like an average career game to me until you get higher up, it could be quite good if you added a couple more things though. Perhaps stuff like if you want to keep it local, after the players that are there when you start go you could set restrictions like you can only sign players from the clubs nation or if you want to be stricter the clubs city?

Amateur

Just seems like an average career game to me until you get higher up, it could be quite good if you added a couple more things though. Perhaps stuff like if you want to keep it local, after the players that are there when you start go you could set restrictions like you can only sign players from the clubs nation or if you want to be stricter the clubs city?
    Yeah that sounds interesting pls keep the ideas flowing

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by leedsfan88 View Post

Plz tell me it isn't been done already
    'Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover' did it last year but unfortunately his thread was lost in the purge before we moved forum software.

roberto922

That was his name?

Part-Timer

How about a simple challenge e.g. Keep Bournemouth AFC up in league 1 in the 07/08 season ?

Banned

Yeah I should be done in about a week. Is that ok?

roberto922

Yeah sure, have you finished any of the leagues yet?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by smithers08 View Post
    How about a simple challenge e.g. Keep Bournemouth AFC up in league 1 in the 07/08 season ?
    There's already something along those lines called "The Great Escape Challenge". The game starts in March though I think.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by aaberdeenn View Post
    There's already something along those lines called "The Great Escape Challenge". The game starts in March though I think.
    Yeah ive seen that , but i mean one that starts in July 07 . Could be done in stages . e.g.

1) Avoid relegation
    2) Promotion
    3) Win cup
    4) Get to Premierleague
    5) Win Prem

Amateur

just out of interest, do people think there hasn't been a goalkeeper sign-up (from what i've noticed) because there isn't interest in one, or do people think they would be interested in such a thing?

roberto922

If you elaborate a bit more I could give an opinion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ventresto View Post
    just out of interest, do people think there hasn't been a goalkeeper sign-up (from what i've noticed) because there isn't interest in one, or do people think they would be interested in such a thing?
    I've made a goalkeeper sign-up. Granted I didn't do it, but I still made one.

roberto922

You mean one of your sign ups failed Frazza? jk

Banned

You mean one of your sign ups failed Frazza? jk
    I know, it came as a suprise to me to

Third Team

G'day all.
    I am just starting my 1st sign-up, and am keen for a bit of help.
    It' a managerial sign-up, and I was wondering do i need to be in charge of a club/country to keep track of the managers?

Any help appreciated, Pluckaduck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast