+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games *official* ideas thread.

Doesn't sound too bad Robert, I wouldn't mind participating in something like that.

Banned

Why not. It seems a good idea.

Third Team

The thing is it would be really hard to do transfers and things because everyone would have different opinions. Maybe whoever would run it could upload the database and let people look for a few players or the person running it could outline some potential targets and everyone would vote

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Sounds like a good idea Robert.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scoham View Post
    A career challenge, small clubs to your favourite club

Firstly what I've noticed a lot of challenges are based around managing one club. Most of my longer term CM/FM games I've played I've usually managed one club. I'd like to play a game where I move around clubs, having a bit of success in different countries and building up my reputation.

New PCs are a lot faster with FM now, on my new PC I loaded all divisions from between 8 and 11 nations with large db and its still quick. So that wouldn't be an issue for a lot of people when it comes to loading several leagues. Again a lot of challenges are about loading one nation. Anyone with slower PCs could load 2-3 nations, so the challenge would be available to everyone.

I also haven't got a really good long term game going with Charlton since CM 00/01. I'd like to try and earn the job and make them as big as possible.

So the idea for the challenge would be to have a career, encourage everyone to move clubs and play in different leagues. You'd start unemployed and look for a club with an obscure or local reputation and go from there.

Eventually you'd hope you've done well enough to earn the job of the club you support.

As more popular challenges have shown, a simple challenge works best, so I wouldn't want to include too many rules and restrictions. That way the challenge could be played with any combination of leagues, db size etc.

I tried starting this myself, but there were issues with the match engine (in the 8.0.0 and the beta patch) meaning it was too easy, I was thrashing other teams. They seemed to think we had no chance. It should be improved in the official 8.0.1 patch.
    I know that this was a long time ago and the career thread is very similar but I really like the sound of this.

Would people be interested in taking part if it was started?

Banned

Yeah .. .

Amateur

couldnt you put a bit more of a twist or a change to it because it sounds exactly like the career thread to me at the moment

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I know that this was a long time ago and the career thread is very similar but I really like the sound of this.

Would people be interested in taking part if it was started?
    Very Interested

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by starburst91 View Post
    couldnt you put a bit more of a twist or a change to it because it sounds exactly like the career thread to me at the moment
    As the post dafuge quoted mentioned building up to taking charge at Charlton, it got me thinking: how about whoever joins the thread has to state a specific aim/aims before starting (could be taking a certain club to the top or winning a certain competiton before a specified date). You then play to see if you can acheive your goal.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    As the post dafuge quoted mentioned building up to taking charge at Charlton, it got me thinking: how about whoever joins the thread has to state a specific aim/aims before starting (could be taking a certain club to the top or winning a certain competiton before a specified date). You then play to see if you can acheive your goal.
    that sounds good, i live in grimsby so i could build up enough of a reputation and then take over a grimsby town. I nearly did this already in the career thread when i was favourite to become there next manager but i chose to stay with my club instead.

Youth Team

It could be called the 'I have a dream....' thread

Amateur

make it quickly the threads gone silent without the off topic thread xD

Third Team

Ok, Wallace v Roberts has been going for a while now. As we maybe came to expect, progress has been slow (especially for us Monkeys ). As i stands, there's maybe only another 9-10 weeks before the new game possibly comes out. As the current rate of progress, it would be a miracle if we made it to, and got established in the Premiership before then.

How about we mix it up a bit then? This would possibly provide the short term challenge people are looking for, and at the same time maximise the chance of success....(and I should say this is similar to Paul's 20/20 challenge)

How about, just for a one season trial, we let anyone who wants download the save. At the end of say a week, the best finish is the winner, they write the report, get the credit and we carry on from that point?

Some issues with this: it's hard to say how many people will participate and it's 'wasted effort' for anyone who doesn't win;
    we wouldn't want multiple updates in the main thread from anyone taking part, so probably the winner would have to undertake to do one big year end report to make up for that - that would take away a lot of the interactivity of it.

What do people think? I'm sure this could give the teams the boost required in terms of success, but would it be to major detriment of the thread itself?

Banned

Ok, Wallace v Roberts has been going for a while now. As we maybe came to expect, progress has been slow (especially for us Monkeys ).
    Want me to get us into league 1 or what? and it's a good idea.

Third Team

I'm against it tbh. It could easily end up meaning that someone plays the whole game and that stops the point of the whole challenge. It was always going to be slow progress as it is not just like a single player game but people had to adjust to the last few peoples tactics and players and make slight improvements along the way to get into the Premiership but if you do thsi then it will be really quick as a few people will be playing a season instead of just one person. Anyway that's just what I think, up to you and the others I suppose.

Banned

Right enough. Good thinking Robert.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by starburst91 View Post
    It is almost exactly the same as the career thread, only having a specific aim of managing one club, which you would declare at the start. The game could be very different depending on which club you support.

Any suggestions as to what sort of twist could be put on it?

First Team Squad Member

You could do a 'Rescue your favorite club' sort of thing, whichever your favorite club is, are now in BSS/BSN and have no money/players bad reputation etc

First Team

Paul, I've tried stuff like that before, and although I like the general idea, I hate having a history at a club - Since Dafs / Gundo's challenge, I love building a club from literally nothing. Now if you deleted your faves club history and started again with them, that would be cool.

First Team Squad Member

I suppose you could probably do that Nep lol

First Team Squad Member

how about, you take your favorite club out of the football league, then make a new club, called E.G Arsenal II, take the same kit and stuff, and have a poor reputation, starting from scratch, bit like Wimbledon did with the whole MK Dons thing

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge
    To keep the community feel, one thing that people could do is to take a group approach to taking part in or starting a challenge. At the moment people dip in and out of challenges when they feel like it, but as we all know it is far more enjoyable when lots of people are taking part so the discussions can happen. I'd love to see people decide as a group to take part in one of the excellent yet underused challenges in this forum, or even decide between them exactly what sort of challenge they want together.
    What do people think of dafuge's idea from the closed off topic thread? Personally I think it'd be a great idea for a group of us to decide as a group to take part in one of the excellent yet underused challenges. It would make it enjoyable.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Any particular challenges you had in mind dafuge?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    how about, you take your favorite club out of the football league, then make a new club, called E.G Arsenal II, take the same kit and stuff, and have a poor reputation, starting from scratch, bit like Wimbledon did with the whole MK Dons thing
    Rather than Arsenal II - I was thinking of F.C Arsenal or Arsenal AFC - like the new Man U or Liverpool clubs.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wegason View Post
    What do people think of dafuge's idea from the closed off topic thread? Personally I think it'd be a great idea for a group of us to decide as a group to take part in one of the excellent yet underused challenges. It would make it enjoyable.

It would be great, but I want to finish Dafs and Gundos challenge first. And I don't know if I have enough time to do so before FM09 is out

Part-timer

We could make like an official CSE Challenge for FM09 which could be sticked and then it could be a challenge that the all the community could take on. Also if we did it for FM 09 we could spend time making a really good challenge that would be very original.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Wegason View Post

I quite like Scoham's idea which could possibly be done within the Career thread, although that may be a bit too 'long term' for some people. I'm guessing if a large group of people are taking part it would have to be fairly short term to keep everyone's attention.

Perhaps something really simple like the monthly challenges we had? It could be something as simple as everyone managing the same club for as long as they want.

roberto922

Hi I'm thinking of starting some downloadable challenges, however I have a few questions...

1) How do I upload the save games?

2) what size database should I use?

3) And suggestions of the countries for doing the challenges in

World Cup Winner

1. You'll need to use a file hosting website, such as Filefront

2. The more detail you load with your game the better it will be, but it will also be slower. You really need to find a balance that suits you, which might take a bit of experimenting to find out.

3. Somewhere you've never been before is always interesting.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Hi I'm thinking of starting some downloadable challenges, however I have a few questions...

1) How do I upload the save games?

2) what size database should I use?

3) And suggestions of the countries for doing the challenges in
    What dafuge said, plus, would say restrict it to as much detail as you need. For example, if it's a challenge based on one club in Argentina, having 20 different leagues loaded and a huge database probably isn't really improving it any. You need to consider that even if your machine can handle every league in every country, some people prefer not to have that kind of detail.

Hope thats contructive. Look forward to you coming up with something interesting

roberto922

Thanks for your comments, I'm a perfectionist so I'm gonna think of a challenge to the best of my ability Probably be a couple of weeks into the holidays, could be sooner though because I don't know yet if I'm going to have a summer job yet which would obviously give me less time to think of some. Oh and Dafuge, you're the king of challenges, got any tips for me?

Part-timer

I would just like to know if there would be an interest in an online sign up/ challenge.
    Basically, groups of four or something similar and play a season and you then get points for the where you finish like the tennis tour. I havnt work it all out but i would just like to know if people would want to join in. Looking for around 16 people who would be commited

First Team Squad Member

Sounds confusing atm, but i'm sure you'd be able to explain it more if you started it

Third Team

I don't know. If you ask me, you'd do that among a bunch of friends/acquaintances and decide the season winner amongst yourselves, it doesn't really merit being a challenge.

roberto922

I'm stalking you Paul 'til you give me a hint of your next challenge

Anyway would anyone be interested in a series of challenges where you try to emulate a legendary managers career? Sort of like the Fabio Capello challenge that's doing the rounds atm, maybe a new one every month?

Part-timer

16 Players Split up into Groups Of

Group One: 1, 5, 10, 15
    Group Two: 2, 6, 11, 16
    Group Three:3, 7, 12, 9
    Group Four: 4, 8, 13, 14

Once the groups are decided We begin the tour, Getting points on where you finish

Example: Spanish Open - La Liga

Each group can pick which team they want to go(different groups can go same teams)

Players will then have a week or two to complete the season .

Points will be awarded on the position they finished judging on their media prediction, not sure if i will allow the top teams yet but judging on interest i will devise a whole plan

roberto922

Oh I've just had an idea for something that I think could be really interesting give me 15 minutes to write it up on notepad then I'll tell you more about it.

roberto922

FM FORUMS - WORLD CUP CHALLENGE

A series of short weekly challenges where opponents try to get higher scores in their challenges,
    so in the group stages they would all compete for 4 challenges, after that the top two from each group go through to another
    group of 4 where they again all face off against each other, when they reach the quarter finals it's one on one. they face a tougher challenge than before
    and the winners go through to the semis. The seis are tougher than the final also. After that the two losers from the semis would face each other in the third
    place playoff while at the same time the big one is taking place!

You think you're the best on the CSE Forums? Prove it, Win the CSE World Cup!

Heres the format I was thinking of.

32 players
    Group Tables decided randomly - Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
    Top two from each group go on to next set of group rounds
    down to 16 players - Groups A, B, C, D
    Now for the knockout rounds
    the 8 remaining players go through to the quarter finals
    Then The Semis
    And At last the moment you've all been waiting for.. THE WORLD CUP FINAL!
    What do you think guys?

roberto922

By the way sorry about any punctuation/ spelling errors, It's taken straight off my notepad

First Team Squad Member

I think getting 32 would be hard, perhaps basing it on the European Championships?

16 COULD happen.

Also shouldn't there be 3 challenges in the Group Stage since only 3 games are played?

roberto922

Oh yeah good point I always get it mixed up, Euros it is then, but if theres alot of interest (Which I doubt lol) then I will make it a World Cup 32, should I post it or is there anything else that anyone thinks I should consider, also Paul do you wanna be the first man on the list? (After me of course )

First Team Squad Member

I'd reccomend thinking up some challenges beforehand, perhaps giving each person a 'Country' and they have to compete challenges within or with that Country, but obviously they'd have to be sort of fair, like if it was to win the World Cup, having Brazil would be a lot easier than having San Marino etc. But of course it's your challenge.

And yes, i'd be more than happy to be the 'second' man on the list ;)

roberto922

Nah I was thinking a challenge that both people compete in with the same points system e.g. the IMPOSSIBLE chalenge you just set us! lol, that would be fairer I feel, but I have no objection to giving them countries, but it would just be superficial. Wouldn't be Brazil though they're not eligible for the Euros ;)

First Team Squad Member

I know, that's why I said if it was to win the World Cup ;)

roberto922

Also as this is my first challenge do you wanna help me out a bit? maybe like a joint challenge where we share our ideas for what challenges to do next? Obviously I'd do most of the work as you're busy with the 20/20 challenge. Then I feel it would be of a much higher quality with me and an experienced CSEer on board, failing that if any experienced CSEer could PM me a couple of ideas it would be much appreciated, especially the one and only Dafuge ;)

roberto922

Ah right I thought you meant that as a challenge

First Team Squad Member

I wouldn't mind helping you with things, just PM me when/if you need me

roberto922

Ok thanks for that Paul, I might put the challenge up now, wait until I have 14 more contenders and then give out the challenges, could you PM me any ideas you have that aren't already in your random thingymajig for your 20/20 challenge please?

First Team Squad Member

I'll have a think

roberto922

Top Man , :thumbsup:

Amateur
    Standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.

This is just a quick scout around, on account of my upcoming holiday, but I'm thinking of making a Welsh Superleague sign-up, similar to the Peru one that was here a couple of months ago. So far the player rules I've got would be;
    *3 Welsh people, one of whom MUST be playing for a Welsh team (Cardiff etc. Don't count)
    *2 more people from anywhere in the UK
    **2 of the 5 brits must be under-23
    *2 'wild-card' entrants who can be from anywhere
    **Again, one of these must be under-23

Would people be interested?

roberto922

Maybe, a bit confused, can you give me some more details please mate?

World Cup Winner

For those of you who were upset about the recent deletion of the off topic thread, I've created 'The CSE Forum Group'
    This could be used as an alternative to the off topic thread to keep in touch and discuss unrelated matters.

You can find it via my profile if you want to join.

Amateur
    Standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    Maybe, a bit confused, can you give me some more details please mate?
    The basic idea is from this thread. There would be 17 spaces, and each player would create clubs, kits, chairman and favorite people, and select players and managers. The clubs would have equal budgets, reputations, training and youth. I would then holiday through the seasons and give reports.

roberto922

Sounds good so far, PM me if you start it up

Amateur
    Pontefract, yep thats right you\'ve never heard of it.

I was thinking of an idea that came from what a few forum members were talking about earlier in the week about taking your supported club from the bottom back to the top.

I was thinking (probably for 09 as there are so many challenges that still need completing) if anyone would be interested in this only with a little twist, for example if your supported club were arsenal you'd delete arsenal completely and recreate Arsenal FC or something like that this would mean you can create the clubs history from scratch, but, heres the twist what you would have the option of doing to stop it just being a club from scratch challenge is you could pick something like to keep their finances or reputation or a player of the original club from each position. Maybe if it was finances or rep it could be toned down abit to stop it being too easy, this would have the added effect of finding out what could be considered most important for success.

Please give any critisism and say whether you would be interested as maybe a side challenge to your current challenge your attempting or for 09. Bear in mind if there is enough interest in starting this i could well start it as soon as possible.

Constructive critisism is very welcome and also ideas to add onto this.

roberto922

I'd love a league where all the prem teams are deleted, then the top 4 don't exist and I can rebuild Everton KEIOC (Which is what I'd call it) up to the top where they truly belong. Maybe have the choice of keeping a couple of your youth players of your choice and a reserve player of League 1 ability maximum?
    Last edited by roberto922; 20-07-2008 at 23:53. Reason: Forgot something

roberto922

In fact I might do that, I feel that anyone that only knows football from the Sky era has really missed out (that includes myself) so for the English top flight to return to it's previous state. Wanna do it together Mocko666? I certainly can't do it on my own atm because I'm wrapped up in my CSE Euros challenge and the 20/20.

roberto922

Sorry for triple post

I'm gonna do it alone to test it out if thats Ok Mocko? Just do it with Everton

Amateur

Im not sure about all the prem teams being deleted maybe levelling them out with money and rep etc.....

But the challenge would be to rebuild your club back to the top, what do you think about maybe keeping some finances OR reputation and depleting the one you choose not to keep. Sort of like how Wimbledon became MK Dons and had to rebuild.
    Last edited by mocko666; 20-07-2008 at 23:59. Reason: Thought of something to add

Amateur

what if you looked on wikipedia in the football years section and reversed all the league positions to the ones from like 1986, then put the values and reputations of the clubs more realistic for the time.

roberto922

nah it's too easy, I'm gonna do Everton KEIOC (could come true in the next few years) give it a rep of 2000, a new stadium with a capacity of 6000, set Kirkby United (As I will rename Everton FC) to move to the TescoDrome in 2011, set Everton KEIOC to move to Goodison in 2011, give them a reasonable financial status of about 1-3 million EDIT: And put them in the BSS obviously
    Last edited by roberto922; 21-07-2008 at 00:06. Reason: forgot

roberto922

But I just can't make myself delete my beloved Everton...

roberto922

Is it just me or are the forums slow atm?

mikeytwigge

how about instead of deleting them you set up teams in the bsn and bss with slightly higher rep than normal and have them for all the premiership teams eg afc derby and afc fulham ect. The challenge could be to lift your team above the original.

mikeytwigge

just seen the everton one which is basically the same as my idea accept you do it for all the premiership clubs at the same time

roberto922

Yeah, I'm just doing it to let off steam about our dickhead chairman though...

Amateur

Tempted to create a database with all prem clubs in blue square premier only each prem club would start with something different for example a star player of 150 CA or a young player with 200 PA etc.... or big stadium, or high rep etc......

I would then upload the database and you could take on one of the challenges of trying to overtake the original club.

The original club does not need to be deleted however i was thinking whatever happens to the new club e.g large stadium, the opposite could happen to the original prem club e.g reduce stadium size.

All comments welcome

Amateur

How about that AFC for every team in the premiership thing, BUT its a sign up first come first serve so you pick which team you wanna be, you get to pick 3 good players (in an age range or whatever) and then the manager of each of the actual premier league teams becomes the manager of the AFC team. It'd be.. interesting xD

roberto922

Right I've finished the DB, will post some screenies when I've loaded it up

Amateur

lmao its jeffers the one cap wonder, in blue square north where he'll be by the time he's 29 in real life xD

roberto922

well he does owe us...

roberto922

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...KEIOCTeam2.jpg the teams filled out abit now looking forward to this now, I'm gonna put it up as an experiment tomorrow.

Amateur

Loaning players from Liverpool, the fans wouldn't be too happy ;)

roberto922

I'm not too happy either but I've already poached Evertons youngsters so it was the RS or Tranmere as a parent club

First Team Squad Member

Me and Robert are trying to come up with an idea for a sign up which would involve both of us being able to do updates at the same time. We are struggling to come up with any original ideas though and could do with some help.

So what I would like to know is what you guys would like to see in a sign up?

Would it involve clubs or players or both?

Your thought please.
    Last edited by Ridleys; 21-07-2008 at 15:46.

First Team Squad Member

I think you could have like a nation sort of thing, say you do a 'Take a Crap European Nation to Glory' one of you takes Andorra, the other San Marino. Then changes names etc, and have the people sign up to be from either country, and have it so the country which (in seperate holiday games) wins the World Cup and European Championships first?

Just an idea

First Team Squad Member

Thanks for replying, Paul.

I think that idea is a bit too much like DodgeeD's though and we want something that has never been done before.

First Team Squad Member

yeah I thought that, and a club thing would be too similar to the Paul Wallace thing

First Team Squad Member

Yeah I know.

We are just looking at rough ideas though now as to what people would like to see in sign ups so that we can eventually come up with an idea that everyone shoud like.

First Team Squad Member

Perhaps you could base it on a film or a tv show sort of thing?

First Team Squad Member

We've thought about that as well and think that there is too many of them about at the moment.

We both like your first idea though and may do something along the lines of that

Third Team

I think there is too many sign ups based on a tv show. Ridleys and I may do your first idea about the two teams

First Team Squad Member

okay

roberto922

Gladiators?

Contenders come up face to face with a chosen set of star CSEers?

Third Team

Do you think that we could get say 20 people for each team though? because we may be pushing it a bit but that is like the minimum we can really have for each team

First Team Squad Member

WW's sign up includes 40 people doesn't it and look at the popularity of it!

First Team Squad Member

I think you could get 40, you're both regular and respected members of CSE, shouldn't be too hard tbh

Who's starting the thread?

I'd reccomend Robert for obvious reasons ;) (nothing to do with the fact Ridleys has had many failed sign ups )

First Team Squad Member

Oh well, I think Frazza has beaten my record of the amount of failed sign ups by now

Third Team

btw to anyone reading this I am NOT stopping my predictions thing. Before we started the thread I think we should edit everything so all we need to do is add the players in and we need to decide on a few things for the way we run it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ridleys View Post
    Oh well, I think Frazza has beaten my record of the amount of failed sign ups by now
    I'll back you up there.

Youth Team

How about a 'parallel universe' sign-up? You collect the information for 20 or however many players and start a game with the exact same database and set-up and see how the games pan out differently. When my first attempt at my sign-up crashed and I re-started, it got me thinking that the AI throws up different things in each game that have an effect on player's careers/ the fortunes of a club. It could be interesting to compare how the players fare in two different games on different computers. If you two then sync your updates so there are more or less at the smae point, it could make for some interesting reading.

Third Team

Seeing as James is going out now we will probably sort it all out tomorrow

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    How about a 'parallel universe' sign-up? You collect the information for 20 or however many players and start a game with the exact same database and set-up and see how the games pan out differently. When my first attempt at my sign-up crashed and I re-started, it got me thinking that the AI throws up different things in each game that have an effect on player's careers/ the fortunes of a club. It could be interesting to compare how the players fare in two different games on different computers. If you two then sync your updates so there are more or less at the smae point, it could make for some interesting reading.
    That's sounds like a great idea, would certainly be intertesting to read.

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by Razer82 View Post
    That's sounds like a great idea, would certainly be intertesting to read.
    i'd second that. interesting idea.

Youth Team

I thought about it as an experiment a while back but I figured it would be a lot of work for one person. If two people (Ridleys and Robert 296 maybe or two others) each run one game with the same data and settings, it's feasible. The two running the thread could state some aims for which direction the club (if there's a club) will take and what will happen to the players. There's also the chance for some banter between them as they try to outdo each other as well.

Semi Pro

I was thinking of doing something sort of similar to this. Except it will be international management instead.

I was going to holiday until whenever the Euro Championships are being drawn and then getting 16 (15 depending on Germany situation) people to sign up for 1 of the nations and each of them fight it out for Euro Championship glory.

Would be interested to know what you think and if there are any questions i'd answer them for you

First Team Squad Member

you can 'sort' out the Germany situation mark, WW did it for his Eurovision Sign Up

roberto922

I'll do it with someone if you want.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    you can 'sort' out the Germany situation mark, WW did it for his Eurovision Sign Up
    I thought there was a way. Does it allow you to manage them aswell or does that just allow the real players to be in the team?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast