+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Youth Team

I've been getting into the challenges and sign-ups with FM '08 and I had an idea but I'm not sure how popular it would be so I thought I'd sound some people out here first.

The challenge would be run as a sign up and could be called the 'Average Joe' challenge. The basic premise is as follows: create a player with a starting CA of 80-100 and a PA of 140-150 and see how successful a career he can have. Will he never get beyond the Championship? Will he be a mere squad player in the Premier League? Will he make the national team? If so, as a one-off or as a regular?

I came up with the idea because so many sign-ups seem to revolve around putting players with super PAs in low leagues and following their rise so I was interested in what might make one average player more successful than another. Another factor was some of the real players who have turned out for England recently. Obviously, Rooney, Terry, Gerrard and co are superstars in the game but some of the squad players have much lower CA/PAs (for example Lescott, Barry, Defoe,...). Then there are players like Dunn, Konchensky, Luke Young, Matt Upson who have picked up a handful of caps but then disappeared from the international scene. What makes FM choose certain players for the national team or for AI transfers to bigger clubs?

There would be many variables to consider such as which club to start at. Would a player starting at a big Premiership team benefit from the world class youth/training set-up or remain overshadowed by superstars? Would a player starting low down grab attention more quickly by dominating their division or would they suffer from poor facilities and lack of oppurtunities?

There would be other variables such as attributes like adaptability, determination, ambition, loyalty etc. Maybe the best approach would be to create a few players for each position, allow thse who sign up to pick a high mental attribute like those listed above and start one at a leading Premier League team, one in the Championship/League 1 and one in the Blue Square/ League 2 then see how their career's compare.

The only doubts I have about it concern whether or not people would be willing to create an 'average' player or not... What do you think? Any further suggestions about variables, how to run it or using a different CA/PA (is 140-150 too high/low?) are welcome.

Charlton Athletic Researcher

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:
    Has the monthly 1 season challenge idea fallen by the wayside or are we waiting till Jan now?
    Just had an idea for a possible December challenge.

Edit the database so that FC Santa Claus of Finland are in the Finnish First Division and see how everyone does with them.

You could make them semi-pro (rather than amateur) and raise their reputation to be closer to smaller First Division clubs, as they only start with 3 players.

Any ideas to expand on that?

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

Originally posted by DodgeeD:
    I've been getting into the challenges and sign-ups with FM '08 and I had an idea but I'm not sure how popular it would be so I thought I'd sound some people out here first.

The challenge would be run as a sign up and could be called the 'Average Joe' challenge. The basic premise is as follows: create a player with a starting CA of 80-100 and a PA of 140-150 and see how successful a career he can have. Will he never get beyond the Championship? Will he be a mere squad player in the Premier League? Will he make the national team? If so, as a one-off or as a regular?

I came up with the idea because so many sign-ups seem to revolve around putting players with super PAs in low leagues and following their rise so I was interested in what might make one average player more successful than another. Another factor was some of the real players who have turned out for England recently. Obviously, Rooney, Terry, Gerrard and co are superstars in the game but some of the squad players have much lower CA/PAs (for example Lescott, Barry, Defoe,...). Then there are players like Dunn, Konchensky, Luke Young, Matt Upson who have picked up a handful of caps but then disappeared from the international scene. What makes FM choose certain players for the national team or for AI transfers to bigger clubs?

There would be many variables to consider such as which club to start at. Would a player starting at a big Premiership team benefit from the world class youth/training set-up or remain overshadowed by superstars? Would a player starting low down grab attention more quickly by dominating their division or would they suffer from poor facilities and lack of oppurtunities?

There would be other variables such as attributes like adaptability, determination, ambition, loyalty etc. Maybe the best approach would be to create a few players for each position, allow thse who sign up to pick a high mental attribute like those listed above and start one at a leading Premier League team, one in the Championship/League 1 and one in the Blue Square/ League 2 then see how their career's compare.

The only doubts I have about it concern whether or not people would be willing to create an 'average' player or not... What do you think? Any further suggestions about variables, how to run it or using a different CA/PA (is 140-150 too high/low?) are welcome.

This would be interesting although I think many people would get bored if it was only average players.

I think that a player at a premiership club would get good training before being signed proberlys on a free by a lower rep premierhip team or the equivlent in a foreign league.
    On the matter of lower league players they would take less time to be noticed as they would exceed their teammates CA faster than the Premiership players would.

I would be interested in creating an "average" player to see what would happen.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

Youth Team

This would be interesting although I think many people would get bored if it was only average players.
    This was my main concern. It may be better just to create it as a holiday game/AI experiment and give regular write-ups to see how the players fare and what affects their fortunes. (If I ever go ahead, you could still submit a player though )

Semi Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This would be interesting although I think many people would get bored if it was only average players.
    This was my main concern. It may be better just to create it as a holiday game/AI experiment and give regular write-ups to see how the players fare and what affects their fortunes. (If I ever go ahead, you could still submit a player though ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool this would be interesting so can you keep me informed if your going to do this

Youth Team
    Nothing natural ever hurt anybody, that's a scientific fact.

obviously there are a lot of sign ups that are striker orientated, i was just wondering if anyone had tried a goalkeeper based sign up and how it did or if anybody would be interested in one?

Amateur

I think this would be a good idea for a sign up actually, you could even have a points system for games / goals played, say:

x1 for BSN/BSB games / goals
    x2 for BSP games / goals
    x3 for League 2 games / goals
    x4 for League 1 games / goals
    x5 for Championship games / goals
    x10 for Premiership games / goals
    x?? for Internationals games / goals

This was players would have to decide whether to start in the Prem and hope to get some games or transfered to a club, or to start in the lower leagues where they are sure to start most games.

If you were to start something like this I would definatly be interested!

Semi Pro

I got this idea.

Be a manager in a league of a developing nation and see how much can you get from a player.

I managed to get 3.1M for my hongkong striker.

Part-Timer

Best League in the World? AI Experiment

The aim of this challenge would be to see what country has the best league, simple as that.

The way this would be done, is by making each player playing in a certain country, its nationality i.e. All Premiership players English, all Serie A players Italian, all La Liga players Spanish etc.

I would then follow the nations, and see how they get on with their new squads. The country that does the best would obviously have the best players playing in it currently, and therefore would be the best league.

Youth Team

Originally posted by matty_8:
    Best League in the World? AI Experiment

The aim of this challenge would be to see what country has the best league, simple as that.

The way this would be done, is by making each player playing in a certain country, its nationality i.e. All Premiership players English, all Serie A players Italian, all La Liga players Spanish etc.

I would then follow the nations, and see how they get on with their new squads. The country that does the best would obviously have the best players playing in it currently, and therefore would be the best league.

Good idea in theory.

The only problem you will have is that it won't be long before players transfer to clubs in other country's, especially players from outside the top 3 or 4 countries (ie: Dutch, French, Irish players moving to Spain, England etc.)

Run on a short term basis though (say 3 seasons), it might produce some interesting results.

Semi Pro

Originally posted by Whoopy D:
    obviously there are a lot of sign ups that are striker orientated, i was just wondering if anyone had tried a goalkeeper based sign up and how it did or if anybody would be interested in one?
    I would be interested in this you should do it if possible.

Amateur

Originally posted by Whoopy D:
    i would be interested.

Semi Pro

IDEA:wonder if all brazilians are english and english the other way around...

Amateur

What sort of south American challenges are there around, I don't want to steal someones idea.

What I'm thinking is holiday for a year and take a newly promoted team in any south American league and win copa liberatores and then get a job in a different south American league and win it again until you have won it with a team from each country.

Amateur

Hi, I was thinking of doing a " Follow your progress sign-up" and wasn't sure if you had to post in here before creating it.

Banned
    His armband proved he was a red!!! You\'ll never walk alone it said!!! Fernando Torres -

No, just make it^^^

Semi Pro

Thinking of which country produces the best regens,
    China vs India...

Amateur

I'm not going to be making a follow your progress until after new year as i'm going away

The basic idea was going to be 10 players(because sign-ups with 20 take ages!) in the lowest brazilian league. The nationalities have to be south american and all players will be 17/18. I would run leagues of brazil, argentina, italy, spain and england. It's mainly just a follow your progress through your career game but i would also like to see if we could get some new Ronaldinhos and Kakas.

All other info i will put in the thread!

Banned
    His armband proved he was a red!!! You\'ll never walk alone it said!!! Fernando Torres -

Cool

Reserve me a place

World Cup Winner

Has the monthly 1 season challenge idea fallen by the wayside or are we waiting till Jan now?
    Completely forgot about that after saying I'd start it in December, I've been really getting into my game recently and haven't thought about starting anything new.

Perhaps January could be a good time to start it.

Banned

How long would it be running for?

2 weeks or the whole month?

World Cup Winner

Originally posted by PoopyPants:
    How long would it be running for?

2 weeks or the whole month?
    The whole month.

Banned

Cool, so are we going to pick a different person to issue the challenge each month or is it gonna be you (dafuge) each month.

Also, is it gonna start on the 1st of January?

Banned

Just an idea, I might make a sign up where a player has 40 CA and 120 PA and he starts at a newly promoted team from one of the top 3 european leagues (English, Italian, Spanish). I'll edit it so that he is on the clubs favoured personel and the club is his favourite club.

The aim is to see how long he stays at the club and how good a career he can make for himself!!

What do you think?

World Cup Winner

Originally posted by PoopyPants:
    Cool, so are we going to pick a different person to issue the challenge each month or is it gonna be you (dafuge) each month.

Also, is it gonna start on the 1st of January?
    It might be nice if different people set the challenges, perhaps something like the winner of the last challenge sets the next one?

Youth Team

It would be quite good if the winner got to select the following challenge, but maybe from a shortlist rather than giving them free reign.

Part-Timer

I was just wondering what people might think of this idea

I've always been fascinated by the way that the chairmen act with managers in FM, they always seem very ready to throw away their old managers and replace them with the usual suspects, Javier Aguirre and so on, like in my dafuge game where Man Utd decided not to offer Ferguson a new contract.

I was thinking of basically testing relationships between chairmen and managers, and how that leads onto success.

For example, if every team in a league was equal, same quality players, same financial situation, same reputation, how do the skills of the manager affect the players, and how do his tactical preferences affect the style of the team.

I'm not sure how much longevity it would have, but it might be interesting for a season or two, depending on how much I could isolate the teams.

Do you reckon anyone would be interested?

First Team Squad Member

It would be quite good if the winner got to select the following challenge, but maybe from a shortlist rather than giving them free reign.
    Perhaps. Or just make them have to run their idea by a couple of users in this forum to see if it is a good idea or not; if it will work; etc?

Definitely best to come up with a few ideas between everyone, to make interesting challenges that appeal to enough users to make it worthwhile.

Youth Team

Maybe dafuge and a couple of others could compile a "shortlist" of 1 season challenge ideas and the winner could pick from them.

World Cup Winner

Maybe dafuge and a couple of others could compile a "shortlist" of 1 season challenge ideas and the winner could pick from them.
    That could be a good idea, perhaps the shortlist could have a theme, like South American or teams with numbers in their name.

Part-Timer

I have a challenge idea i just want to swing by you guys, to get some feedback;
    The idea is "Return of the vikings"
    Where you have to travel(more or less) the viking voyages/expansions of the vikings in the period of 700-1000.
    The idea is to start of in the danish or norway divisions as unemployed, win both the danish and the norwegian leagues, then to move on to win the russian league, then the english league, the french, and at the end the USA league..
    What do you guys think ?

Amateur

You've left out the Icelandic, Scottish and both the Irish leagues, which might help in getting a good job in England to make that bit easier.

Youth Team

kaNovi. I would say start off in the Danish or Norwegian structure, and then have to "take-over" N.Ireland, Wales, Ireland, Scotland & England in that order.

Part-Timer

Hmm yeah .. thats a good idea.. ill be thinking about it in the new year, ill get back at you

Banned

So, first monthly challenge tomorrow

If so, I'll be taking part

Semi Pro

Wonder if dates affect the match...

World Cup Winner

Before I start a monthly challenge for January, is anyone fussed about any particular rules?

I was planning on just using the rules from my own challenge, with a limited setup, automatic manager reputation and only able to sign players who you can get a scout/coach report for.

Banned

I don't think it matters tbh.

Cant wait for it to get started

Youth Team

I think the rules that you have used in your own thread are good and should be used for these challenges.

I also think though that you need to introduce a rule about generating frendlies in order to build finances.

World Cup Winner

I think the rules that you have used in your own thread are good and should be used for these challenges.

I also think though that you need to introduce a rule about generating frendlies in order to build finances.
    Excellent idea.

Since it is only a one season challenge, the friendlies for the team should already be set up, so there shouldn't be any need to add any more.

Youth Team

I was really thinking of keeping the rules the same for all challenges.

I'm sure at some point we will be managing a team who doesn't have Reserve/U18 fixtures and clarifying it now just might help us out later.

World Cup Winner

I never really bothered with it since I keep a small squad, but was the reason for arranging friendlies for the reserves to keep fitness levels up?

Could you set up a series of friendlies between the reserves and youth team instead?

Youth Team

I've got to admit, I sign far too mnay players and as a result I play the Reserves against the U18's twice a week if I'm in a league without any Reserve or U18's fixtures.

I haven't got a problem with people arranging frendlies against similar sized Reserve/Youth teams in any case, just as long as it's realistic.

World Cup Winner

Since we'll all be managing the same team, it will be really obvious if anyone is cheating. The transfers and finance pages can be amongst the required screenshots. I'll mention the friendlies exploits in the rules and what is expected.

I imagine I'll get it up for tomorrow.

First Team Squad Member

Good work chaps.

Should be something fun to try that won't take up too much time and could quite easily turn into a longer term game for some.

Amateur
    Puchov - Slovakian 1st Division 2011/12 - League Champions 2011

Ok, guys, i'm looking for a little advice. I've been running a little experiment with regards to created players moving into management.

I've basically created a player who will most likely become a world class central defender at liverpool. he starts the game at 14 years old, has good stats and PA of -10. He also has high loyalty, favourite club as liverpool and Stevie G and Carra as favoured personnel. Finally, he starts with a 20 in 'prefered staff role - manager', which essentially means he starts the game at 14 with 'definitely looking to go into management when his playing career is over'...

So, i've run this experiment 5 times so far, with varying results regarding his playing career. One thing however remains the same in every game. He never goes into management. Each time he vanishes from the game when he retires, usually around 35-38 years old...

Any advice?

Amateur

Hello again

I think i might as well start my sign-up tonight as long as its not clogging up the forums. There are quite a few threads atm so i'm not sure whether to get it going or wait for a few others to diedown first.

Anyway, i was thinking that it would still be a follow your progress sign up but, so not everyone is a striker, i would have 11 spots.
    A GK, a LB, a RB,two CBs etc...

Amateur

Well if anyone could say whetehr they think i should start it up yet!

I don't think i will until tomorow now anyway

Reserves

The Idea

It isn't mine and I take no credit. On the classic Football Manager 2005 the challenge was to holiday until the World Cup. Then do your best with players that have never been capped.

It's a loose idea and you can alter it all you want.

What do you think?

P.S. I did it in that game. I was rather proud.

Reserves

Originally posted by minisav:
    The Idea

It isn't mine and I take no credit. On the classic Football Manager 2005 the challenge was to holiday until the World Cup. Then do your best with players that have never been capped with Brazil.

It's a loose idea and you can alter it all you want.

What do you think?

P.S. I did it in that game. I was rather proud.

Amateur
    Serie C2/A, Stadio Natale Palli, Casale Monferrato, Italy

Maybe just to make it interesting you could start with a club in England or Brazil or wherever really and play as them until 2010 and then using only players from your club who have not been capped you take over the England job with a second manager and retire your current one

Reserves

Do what you want!

World Cup Winner

Originally posted by littleliam:
    Well if anyone could say whetehr they think i should start it up yet!

I don't think i will until tomorow now anyway
    Have you thought about what kind of story it will be telling?

Maybe this will give you a few things to think about before starting it.

Banned

------------------------------------------------
    A NEW CHALLENGE IDEA

Again i dont know if this has been done before but ive though of a idea which is basically a challenge where yo need to take as many clubs as possible to the premiership.

You start of at any club in any league and must take them all the way to the premiership. Then, once you get there you should apply with the same manager to another club outside the premiership and start again.

Im thinking there could be a points system along the lines of -

Championship Side - 1
    League 1 Side - 2
    League 2 Side - 4
    Conference National - 8
    Blue Square N/S - 16

With an extra 3 points if you stay on and win the premiership. Only once per club though.
    An extra 2 points for an FA Cup win
    An extra 1 point for winning any other cup

All points being added up and put in some sort or competative table

Not sure if there would be much interest in this idea or not though.

First Team Squad Member

I think it's a good idea personally Could make the Premier League table look quite different!

Banned

Ok, with my sign up drawing to a close probably within the next month ive decided to get this idea ive had for a while under way

Im thinking about making this a challenge or AI experiment. If it becomes a challenge then id have to load up the database for people to download. If this doesnt fit this forum can somebody let me know

LEGENDS OF FM/CM

Basically i will create a club, im thinking outside the big leagues and fill it with legends from previous FM games and as far back as CM if the players are still around.

I will start a thread for the members of this forum to vote for the 20 players that would make up the squad.

Some basic principles are that the player must obviously be included in the 8.0.1 database. They must not have become a big player in real life. Im thinking along the lines of your Mark Kers, Andri Sigporssens of the FM world.

The challenging part to this would be that these players would no longer have the skills to perform at their previous greatness. However some would still posses the odd trick or two.

Amateur

Basically i have edited the reputations of the clubs in the english premiership so, as the tread tital suggests, they are in reverse.
    This means that derby have now got a reputation of 9250 and man utd have a rep of 5750.

I am Running leagues from england, spain, germany, italy, and france

This is the list of new reputations for all premiership clubs:

Derby 9250
    Reading 9200
    Wigan 8850
    Fulham 8800
    Birmingham 7350
    Sunderland 7150
    Portsmouth 7000
    Bolton 6850
    Middlesbrough 6850
    Blackburn 6850
    West Ham 6750
    Man City 6700
    Aston Villa 6700
    Everton 6500
    Newcastle 6200
    Tottenham 6150
    Arsenal 6050
    Liverpool 6000
    Chelsea 5900
    Man Utd 5750

Hope People Like My Idea and I hope This Hasnt Been Done Before.

Im Just Holidaying To The End Of The Transfer Market To See The Movement Of Players Due To Such Dramitc Changes In Most Club Reputation.

Well Heres The Thread. Enjoy...

Semi Pro

Still in liverpool!
    Coaching in the future!
    Cannot hit 100 caps
    Came 3rd in league
    Community Shield not won
    Not in best 11

Thinks Bennett scores alot against the weaker teams in the gold cup.

Banned

Originally posted by coldkohmew:
    Still in liverpool!
    Coaching in the future!
    Cannot hit 100 caps
    Came 3rd in league
    Community Shield not won
    Not in best 11

Thinks Bennett scores alot against the weaker teams in the gold cup.
    wrong thread?

Semi Pro

opps,sorry.
    Wonder if the worst team had the best morale and the best team have the worst would it affect or will their morale change at the start of the game...

Semi Pro

ly
    Generally feel people try too hard to come up with the most obscure challenge they can think of.

For me - long term challenges already exist that will probably not be beaten.

Shorter challenges such as the Jan Challenge are the way forward.

Leeds is the obvious opportunity.

However, I think things like holidaying half a season and getting (say Wrexham based upon current league tables out of the mire following the end of a transfer window) would be a credible challenge.

I just dont think that you have to come up with the most complicated challenge possible to make it a good one

Amateur

The Uni Sign Up (just an idea I have no free time to run it though )

In England the two largest universities are Oxford and Cambridge. Every year they famously contest the boat race but what if they competed in football too?

Both Oxford United and Cambridge United start in the Blue Square Premier so they can rise through the leagues together and eventually contend for honours against each other. I like two team sign ups, they create good competition, and why not use Oxbridge as a basis.

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to run this they better reserve me a place

Youth Team

As an ex rugby player I knew that "The varsity match" was an annual game of rugby played at Twickers by the 2 first teams of each University.

It's televised every year and is a HUGE deal.

I assumed that there would already be a similar football related fixture and I was proved correct. It was first held in 1873, but was first played at Wembley in 1953 and none other than Bobby Robson managed the Oxford side to a 3-1 success in 1964. The 2007 fixture was the 123rd varsity match due to breaks for war.

This is an excelent idea for a sign-up.

Good shout .

Semi Pro

How about pre selecting three championship clubs (or and division for that matter) and taking them all up a rung of the ladder one by one snsuring you've built enough of a dynasty for them to stay there once you have left.

For example, you could select WBA, Leeds and Wrexham.

Your task would be to (in turn) get WBA into the Prem, Leeds into CCC and Wrexham into Lg2. Should one of the teams be relegated once you've left the club you would have to once again take on their job to get them back up.

The challenge would be completed once all three clubs are in their respective higher divisions.

Semi Pro

try puting the league mixed with low clubs and big clubs with fixed amount and see how they fare...

Part-Timer

Ok I have an idea but I don't know whether it should be an AI Experiment or a sign-up game.

It is a managers challenge in which I would be entering new managers into the game unemployed and following their progress.

As an AI Experiment, i would vary the attributes of each manager to see what one actually is most important. For example, one manager would have 20 for motivation and 10 for everything else, and another would have 20 for discipline and 10 for the rest. I would then follow their progress from being unemplyed to see what attribute is most important in being a successful manager on FM.

This would also work as an AI experiment, and i could make a list of 10 attributes and then each player can sign up to one of the attributes. It would be the same experiment only as a sign up which would get more people involved. For example, I would have a list:

Motivation
    Determination
    Discipline

And only one person could have 20 for it. Once 10 managers signed up then i could start and follow it in the exact same way.

Would it be more successful as an AI Experiment or sign-ip?

Semi Pro

Originally posted by matty_8:
    Ok I have an idea but I don't know whether it should be an AI Experiment or a sign-up game.

It is a managers challenge in which I would be entering new managers into the game unemployed and following their progress.

As an AI Experiment, i would vary the attributes of each manager to see what one actually is most important. For example, one manager would have 20 for motivation and 10 for everything else, and another would have 20 for discipline and 10 for the rest. I would then follow their progress from being unemplyed to see what attribute is most important in being a successful manager on FM.

This would also work as an AI experiment, and i could make a list of 10 attributes and then each player can sign up to one of the attributes. It would be the same experiment only as a sign up which would get more people involved. For example, I would have a list:

Motivation
    Determination
    Discipline

And only one person could have 20 for it. Once 10 managers signed up then i could start and follow it in the exact same way.

Run it as a sign up. If you do can I reserve a place?

Part-Timer

Originally posted by blowcrapup:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

Motivation
    Determination
    Discipline

Run it as a sign up. If you do can I reserve a place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, don't see why not. Ill be running it quite soon, once the Save England sign up im running finishes

Semi Pro

I've had an idea for a challenge. While I was playing Peter G's unemployment challenge I had a thought bout creating a sign up that makes people move around from club to club.

It would start with everyone picking the same club and then see how far they could get in a number of years. It is similar to Peter G's is this way but his finishes when you get the job of a top club e.g Man Utd/Chelsea etc. but rather than ending there mind would have a points system.

So everyone would start out with the same club in the lowest divison of one of Europes "top" leagues e.g Solihull Motors in the Blue Square North or South but from here their free to do whatever they want.

Points would be awarded for winning leagues, cups etc. but they would also be awarded for jumping leagues by getting a new club e.g. moving from Solihull Motors to Hartlepool would get you 30 points 10 for each league jumped. There would also be points for personnal wages and your manager stats, boususes (sp) for winning titles in your first season back to back seasons etc.

This would all be kept on a spreadsheet as well as being posted in the forum or if someone is capable they could make a website for it.

There would be a limit on the number of years you could do say 20 - 25 and there would be a vote by any starting members to see which club would be used and any other details sch as points.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Semi Pro

Sorry noticed one error it would be a challenge/sign up not just a sign up

Semi Pro

I've another one - variation on International management

Simple aim - to win the European Championships and the equivalent tournament from each continent and then win the world cup. You are not however able to win the World Cup with a nation you've used to win a continental competition with

Part-Timer

like blowcrapup's idea

Semi Pro

Hi I'm trying to work out the score system for this challenge and I need help ------>

I need to know how the German regional division promotions work. What is the lowest league teams can enter the french cups from. Which level teams enter the Spanish Federation Cup from.

Thanks in advance.

Semi Pro

Thinking about the 1 month challenges I'm thinking that maybe one based on a player who has to play in goal for a season and awards are rewarded for highest finish, Most Clean Sheets, Most Games played in goal, highest average rating.
    Was thinking some midtable side.

World Cup Winner

What is people's opinions on the monthly challenges?

So far no-one has actually completed a season with the January Challenge, is that just because I picked a rubbish one or are people not bothered about it?

Semi Pro

Originally posted by dafuge:
    What is people's opinions on the monthly challenges?

So far no-one has actually completed a season with the January Challenge, is that just because I picked a rubbish one or are people not bothered about it?
    I like the monthly challenges.
    I don't think it was a rubbish one. It was a challenging one though. Can't remember ever getting sacked as fast in any other FM game.

I do admit that participation in the monthly challenge is a bit lower than i expected. (Though I don't think it's low enough to call it a total failure and give up on it - it's not that bad.)

Perhaps, to build up a bit of a "regular" crowd of participants, a slightly less obscure team for the next challenge would be a good idea?
    Personally I don't mind managing in obscure nations like Peru at all, but a slightly more familiar team/league might appeal to a few more people. Not necessarily an English team, but maybe a French, German or Italian sub-top team who has a UEFA cup ticket, or something.

That would give people different competitions to perform in (league, cup and Europe), and it'll feature teams which most people will at least have heard of, which would be a bit more appealing.
    And once they participated once or twice, it'll be a smaller step to also participate when the challenge is to take over FC Obscure.

Semi Pro

Try to a staff reputation higher game???

Amateur

Dafuge - actually, I think the problem is the brevity of the challenge.

People like to see things be built, their own little empires - much as can be seen in yours and Gundo's challenges. One season doesn't offer them that, it's an all or nothing thing and doesn't give them room for manouevre.

Personally the thing I love most is experimenting with new leagues and teams I've never played or ever thought of trying.

Youth Team

dafuge.

I haven't had much time to play recently and I am nearing the end of a first Prtemiership winning season in N.Ireland so when I have had time to play, I've been keen to continue by Gundo challenge save.

I'll probably start the challenge later on tonight and will keep playing until I have completed a season.

I think part of the problem is that both yours and the Gundo challenge have become so popular that people are not keen to put their current games on hold.

It's always going to be a bit of a slow starter and I would say keep with it and I'm sure you will se the popularity rise.

I'm sure that if a few regular posters in the Gundo and dafuge thread take it up and start updating regularly then it will soon take off.

I would say just keep it as is, prepare a new challenge for next month and let nature take it's course .

First Team Squad Member

I have had no time to participate this month. Had exams to do

World Cup Winner

Ok, sounds like it would be a good idea to keep the monthly challenges going then.

An idea for the choosing of the new challenge each month, perhaps people could e-mail me their ideas each month, then I'll choose one to go with. That way if two or more great ideas come up in the first month they can still be used without everyone knowing what they are.

Youth Team

I've emailed you an idea for February. Lt me know what you think

Youth Team

Email sent.

Semi Pro

See how fast can your stadium be changed???

Semi Pro

Would anyone be interested in a striker based sign up run on CM 2000/2001?

Semi Pro

ok,what about how can a small squard with a Very big stadium fare?

Amateur

I was thinking of starting a somewhat different sort of challenge but being a bit of a newb on these forums I thought I'd post the idea here for discussion in the hope that a somewhat more reputable member might follow it up.

The plan is to give a challenge that offers as much flexibility as possible while still including some sort of general aim and standard by which to compete. Any pointers/suggestions welcomed.
    [B]Who wants to be a millionaire?[b]

The Aim

Accumulate a personal wealth of £25m within 10 seasons. The manager to achieve this within the shortest time-frame will be declared the winner.

The Rules

Load a game with ANY leagues of your choice although it's recommended you include at least one from England/Spain/Italy. You may use an unedited 8.01 database of any size. Load additional players from whatever nations you want. For simplicity I'd suggest you set currency to UK pounds sterling.

Add yourself as a new unemployed manager with past experience set to "Sunday league footballer". You can choose any nationalities.

You have up to 10(?) seasons to accumulate £25m(?) of personal wealth. You can earn cash by the following means:
    - The wages your club pay you. (Total career earnings)
    - You receive 10% of every transfer fee recieved. (10% of Total value of players sold)
    - You earn £500k every time you join a new club.
    - You earn £1m for every time you join a new national team.

There are no restrictions on which leagues you manage in or how often you move clubs.

Amateur

bleh i shouldve read the thread before posting, oh well would be nice to be able to preview posts too.

World Cup Winner

I like that idea

Couple of suggestions though:

Get rid of the 10 year time limit, if it is a case of doing it in the shortest time possible there is no need for a time limit. Also I would be gutted if I reached the 10 year limit without making it.

Get rid of the transfer and new club bonuses, this will just encourage people to regularly move clubs and sell all their players. I think the manager earnings alone will be interesting enough, with big manager contracts being the only incentive to move.

Semi Pro

I agree too...
    Then it will be a shock to the world...
    If all the managers in the league are switched...

Amateur

Thanks for the feedback

You're right, the time limit isn't neccessary and could be annoying.

Same goes for the bonus for switching clubs, I just threw that in to try and make things more interesting. Like you say though there's really no need and it would encourage an unrealistic amount of club hopping.

I'd quite like to keep some sort of bonus for selling players though. After all it's not entirely unrealistic what with all the rumours of corruption and transfer bungs these days.

Also I figured that people would have to strike a balance between selling off players to increase their earnings and hanging onto their players to build a succesful team, which in turn would raise their personal reputation and lead to more lucrative contract offers in the future

Perhaps it should be alot lower though, maybe 3% of transfer fees received. i.e If you raised £100m in a season by selling players (and few clubs would be able to get anywhere close to this figure) then you'd still only gain £3m personal wealth.

Also thinking £25m might be a bit high, seems like alot considering the most you can really earn is ~£2.6m per season through wages.

Amateur

Hi.

I am considering starting a sign-up this weekend and I'm playing around with a few ideas. The main theme I'm leaning towards is a having two teams battling it out to see who can achieve the most success, but as a measure of that success I need some help.

I basically need a list of the awards available in certain leagues, particularly:

England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Scotland, Netherlands, Portugal, Norway, Greece, Croatia, Belgium, Malta.

Also any suggestions about how to rank the leagues in terms of quality would be appreciated. Mainly because I think being top scorer in Spain is probably more impressive than being top scorer in Croatia.

Individual awards like World Player of the Year would be helpful too.

Thanks.

Part-timer
    \"We are on top at the moment but not because of the club\'s financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work.\"

Challenge Idea - Hong Kong Double

Before I start, having looked into this in game, I cannot seem to find any competitive fixtures for Hong Kong - would this be thae case every time, or do i have to run certain leagues to 'set off' national competitions?

Basically, I had a look around and noticed the lack of Asian challenges. I had a look in game, and based on a couple of the successful challenges already running, devised an initial idea for a new task - quite simply to start at "Workable", the lowest predicted club side in Hong Kong's First Division, with only basic training and minimal youth facilities, and lead them to glory domestically, trying to win the First Division. Unfortunately, Hong Kong doesn't qualify as a 'mature' nation in Asia, and hence cannot qualify for a place in the Champions League, however, if this state changes with reputation in the game (Would need some help/info on that) this could be another aim).

Also, the second aim is to then manage to get the Hong Kong (China PR)national job (Through either application or being 'headhunted') and lead them to a World Cup and get as far as possible, trying to win it (Hong Kong have never qualified for the World Cup before. In doing this, you can then aim to gat the nation to their highest national rating - above 96th. Then, as yet another challenge on the national scale, win the Asian championships (previous best is 3rd).

Would there be much interest for this difficult challenge?
    Has anyone got any suggestions to further enhance the idea?
    Can anyone possibly shed any light on if Hong Kong teams may be able to qualify for the Asian Champions League in future, if reputation rises enough/is this something which is likely to happen?

Part-timer
    \"We are on top at the moment but not because of the club\'s financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work.\"

Having played a little further on, I can at least answer one of my questions regarding competitions for Hong Kong - the Asian World Cup Qualification draw takes place on the 6.8.2007 for the 2010 World Cup - so this is definately a challenge to look into! Any comments/suggestons and interest would be welcome.

Part-timer

Would there be much interest in such a challenge, as I could get it started soon if there is?

Semi Pro

workable would take a task to survive then to win,takes while,yup champions league changes with reputation(though i think its country reputation) won the AFC cup twice and was not in there anymore...HK in my game are in the asian championships but never won...
    HK to world cup ,max in second round and they are out...

Part-timer

Originally posted by coldkohmew:
    workable would take a task to survive then to win,takes while,yup champions league changes with reputation(though i think its country reputation) won the AFC cup twice and was not in there anymore...HK in my game are in the asian championships but never won...
    HK to world cup ,max in second round and they are out...
    Thanks for the help and info mate

Reserves

Should somebody just come straight out and start more 'Dafuge' small club to big club challenges for all the continents?

There's already a South American (including Mexico I think?), think someone did try and set up a South African one but no one was interested.

Not sure how many people would be interested in an Asian one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast