How do I read "Action Zones"

I've been playing FM since 2008 and the one thing I have never understood is how to read the action zones.

I've watched a few games (2010) with the action zones viewable the entire time, and I'm just not seeing how the colored bars in the three zones correspond to what is happening on the pitch.

It's how much posession you have in a certain area for eg; you'd wnat high posession in the opposition's half and you'd want them to have low in yours. People seem to think when they have 65%+ they should win but if it's in their own third they're not going to score are they!

It's how much posession you have in a certain area for eg; you'd wnat high posession in the opposition's half and you'd want them to have low in yours. People seem to think when they have 65%+ they should win but if it's in their own third they're not going to score are they!

I think I understand that, but whick end of the graphic is the attacking third, and which is the defensive third?

Does it match the perspective of the 3D match camera (I usually watch from the main stand)?

Do the action zones change ends at half-time?

Or is it always read left-to-right with one end always being your attacking third and the other always being the defensive end?

Left = home side, right = away side.

Like all stats.

That's right. Was this all, or do you have trouble using the information as well?

What I aim for is to have around 15% possession at opposition half and limit the opponent to around 10% on my half. Playing more directly, down the wings, choking play on key areas depending on the opponent formation, that kind of things.

Thanks for the info, I should be able to read the action zones now.

I thought I understand how to control possession, but I was never certain if it was working because I wasn't sure I was reading the graphs correctly.

Left = home side, right = away side.

Like all stats.

And just because I'm not very smart, "side" refers to the defensive third?

So if you are the home team, the left side would be your defensive third and the right side would contain the goal you are attacking?

Archived