[iPhone] Important players missing from FMH

I thought I'd start a thread about this since there are a few mentions in the sticky announcement thread. It should make things easier for Mark to keep track of things for future updates.

Bungieware: David Bentley from Tottenham.

Scoham: Chris Solly, Chris Dickson and Scott Wagstaff from Charlton.

Nice idea Medion :thup:

A quick note on this issue for those new to FMH; we extract our data from FM's huuuuge database and the process is designed to keep the most important players within the squad size limit based on various factors, but it's not fool-proof and testing every squad in the game for missing important players is a nigh impossible task, so unfortunately some omissions do slip through.

When listing missing players please bear the squad size limit of 36 players in mind (it's there due to memory limitations of the platforms) and the fact that we never completely fill squads from the start, so that transfer can take place ;) Generally squads will start with about 30 players, so when pointing out those missing consider whether there are players included in the squad who you'd deem LESS important than them, as it's likely to include them we will have to swap players in/out of the game rather than simply add those missing.

That said, some exclusions are obvious to everyone (I'm a gooner... but Bentley was an honest mistake, promise :D) and we'll address them in any future updates.

Cheers,

Stu

Solly is Charlton's second choice right back. In game Moutaouakil is ahead of him, but IRL we have been trying to get rid of him.

Wagstaff is the second choice right winger, but I guess because we have so many MCs he is left out. He shouldn't be though, he's pretty much always in the match day squad.

Dickson is can understand, he's on a short term loan with Gillingham. Ideally he'd be in there though.

Oldham Athletic:

(some of these are understandable timing errors, but the number of loans makes it hard to reflect the actual first team squad so clearing out the old loans would be good)

SUGGEST ADDING

Greg Fleming - goalkeeper (currently on loan to Dunfermline)

Joe Jacobson - arguably the club's first choice left full back

Kelvin Lomax - reserve full back (right and left), but still nearly 100 league games for us

Ryan Brooke - regular reserve striker

Lewis Alessandra - first team striker

IF THERE'S ROOM WOULD ALSO ADD

Paul Black - talented young left back (though below Jacobson in the pecking order)

Kirk Millar - young winger who's just made the first team breakthrough and been offered a professional deal

Tom Eaves - very promising up-and-coming striker

SUGGEST REMOVING

Anthony White - youth keeper who's never made a first team squad and hasn't been offered a contract

David Kalnoki-Kis - loan ended (and never made an appearance anyway)

Szabolcs Csorba - ditto

Norbert Csiki - ditto

Attila Besztercsei - ditto

Patrik Tischler - ditto (I think he's down as an Oldham player in the game, but can't remember if I cancelled his loan)

Ferenc Fodor - loan signing who looks unlikely to play for us

Hasney Aljofree - first team filler and doesn't look likely to play a game for us

Jim Goodwin - loan signing who may not play for us again due to injury

Newcastle really need Tamas Kadar in there as he's our only other player that can play LB, and has experience in the 1st team.

Think i'd rather have Fraser Forster in there (currently on loan at Norwich) rather than Ole Soderberg

Great game, realise that each team can have 34 players so realise that as a Brentford fan it is my duty to tell you what first team players are missing from the start as we have a relatively threadbare squad;

Lewis Price (GK) on loan from Derby (He is a Welsh international)

Leon Legge (DC) - now first choice

Pim Balkestein (DC) on loan from Ipswich

Karleigh Osbourne - DC

Ryan Blake (DL) and Simon Moore (GK) youth players who are regularly on the bench

All were playing for us in Jan Transfer Window onwards

I was going to mention him and Michael Potts, just because on the regular game they always tend to get into the first team quite quickly for Blackburn (and Jonesy is now in the first team IRL and kicking ass). To add them two in I would take out Andy Haworth and Johnny Flynn. Also, I don't know what the position is on loaned out players, but I can't see Mark Bunn or Frank Fielding for Blackburn (both keepers, both way ahead of Jake Kean who is in the game (Bunn is our third choice keeper), but both are or where on loan (Bunn was at Sheff United but recalled when Robbo got injured, Fielding is with Rochdale I think)....though Gunning is in the squad and he is also on loan, so I have no idea).

all for ipswich

players in:

connor wickham: youngest player to ever start a game in ipswich towns history and he has been playing for england u 17s and played most of town's games this season

brian murphy:first choice keeper

players out:

arren lee-barrett:he is ipswich's 3rd keeper

luciano civelli: he has a bad injury and probs wont ever play for town again

also would like Pim Balkestein on loan at derby and tommy smith (cb)in the ipswich team

• SI Staff

Some which I recieved via. email (posted here so they're kept in one place):

Robert Huth should be down as right-back as well as a centre-back.

Missing players are: Louis Moult – Forward; Matthew Lund - Midfielder; Dave Parton – Goalkeeper.

Also, Diego Arismendi is presently on loan to Brighton until the end of the season.

Chelsea - strange choice of reserves as no Borini, Bruma, Kakuta or van Aanholt who are all on the verge of the first team.

Strangely when I started a game as Napoli - Borini was there - does the selection vary from game to game..?

Nick Hegarty is missing from the Grimsby squad and should be added.

Jamie Devitt is on loan at Grimsby from Hull and it would be nice if he were also in the game - he's a key player for us.

Devitt would be nice since he's been one of our best players in the last few months.

As for Hegarty, I could live without him but it does leave the squad with no recognised left winger.

Bristol City: Saborio and Basso have both left the club and should be removed.

The main omission is Cole Skuse who's played pretty much every game he's been fit for this season. Stephen Henderson should replace Basso as the 2nd keeper.

Christian Ribeiro is a hot prospect who has started the last few games and should be added if possible.

I'd be surprised if trundle or styvar played for the club again.

Portsmouth

Missing Ricardo Rocha (DC) and Marc Wilson (DC/DM/MC), two pivotal defenders. This leave Pompey desperately short of DC talent at the beginnign of the game and makes making a signing a must.

Strangley there is Heridarsson, Belhadj and Tosic (who has never played for us) so LB is very well covered. We also have 3 goalkeepers - James, Ashdown and Neimi. There really isnt any need to have Tosic and Neimi, especially at the expense of Wilson and Rocha imo

Portsmouth

Missing Ricardo Rocha (DC) and Marc Wilson (DC/DM/MC), two pivotal defenders. This leave Pompey desperately short of DC talent at the beginnign of the game and makes making a signing a must.

Strangley there is Heridarsson, Belhadj and Tosic (who has never played for us) so LB is very well covered. We also have 3 goalkeepers - James, Ashdown and Neimi. There really isnt any need to have Tosic and Neimi, especially at the expense of Wilson and Rocha imo

I agree with the above. Tosic is also currently on loan to QPR. (The Portsmouth team within the game has 25 players so you could add rather than replace).

Also, Danny Webber (SC). He joined from Sheffield United in September 2009.

He is currently injured but has been a regular feature during the season.

• SI Staff
I tried to sign Gignac as Arsenal and couldn't find him at all using the player search. He was listed in the recommended players thread so I'm a bit confused!

Some players might only be present when certain leagues are active in the game (same as on FM PC) - this is simply because the players retained are centered around the active league to give the simulation as realistic a balance as possible during play.

Some players might only be present when certain leagues are active in the game (same as on FM PC) - this is simply because the players retained are centered around the active league to give the simulation as realistic a balance as possible during play.

Is there any way to select more than one country?

It seems a very basic database if some of the top players from the top leagues (Spain, France) are missing when you manage in England..

Well the new update is out but there are still some missing players I'd really like to see added...

Oldham Athletic:

SUGGEST ADDING

Greg Fleming - goalkeeper (currently on loan to Dunfermline, 20 first team games)

Ryan Brooke - regular reserve striker (17 first team games)

Lewis Alessandra - first team striker (55 first team games)

Paul Black - talented young left back (15 first team games)

Kirk Millar - young winger who's just made the first team breakthrough (3 first team games)

Tom Eaves - very promising up-and-coming striker (13 first team games and linked with bigger clubs)

SUGGEST REMOVING

Shaun Routledge - youth keeper who's never made a first team squad

Hasney Aljofree - first team filler and doesn't look likely to play a game for us

All of the current loan signings - especially the Hungarians, who made pretty much no impact on the first team

• SI Staff
Still no vincent enyema. A must buy on fm10 as he's dirt cheap. And leaves Nigeria with no gk!

Please bear in mind that we concentrated mainly on getting in the esssential players for clubs in active leagues rather than international keepers.

Nigeria are NOT left with no keeper, that spot will be filled by a virtual player.

(and do bear in mind there are very real limitations to the size of database we can use on the iPhone)

Is there any way to select more than one country?

Currently no. Due to the memory constraints of the iPhone/iPod touch it's only possible to run one nation at a time, but I'm sure this is something Marc will investigate as a potential addition for future versions.

Hibs are missing Mark Brown, he's still at Celtic (signed on a permanent deal from them in January).

Also, noticed free transfers that are arranged in real life don't happen, such as Barr to Hearts.

Thanks for the info, we'll look into these data issues now.

Got the update, Wagstaff and Dickson are in, but Chris Solly isn't. Can he be added in the next update?

You'll need to improve his vital stats ;) Only kidding. We can't promise to include any specific individuals as we don't want to go down the path of having to manually cherry-pick players to include (once we start doing that it'd be an endless task). What we can do is continue to tweak and improve the extraction process based on all this feedback we're getting, which we'll do.

Well the new update is out but there are still some missing players I'd really like to see added...

Oldham Athletic:

SUGGEST ADDING

Greg Fleming - goalkeeper (currently on loan to Dunfermline, 20 first team games)

Ryan Brooke - regular reserve striker (17 first team games)

Lewis Alessandra - first team striker (55 first team games)

Paul Black - talented young left back (15 first team games)

Kirk Millar - young winger who's just made the first team breakthrough (3 first team games)

Tom Eaves - very promising up-and-coming striker (13 first team games and linked with bigger clubs)

SUGGEST REMOVING

Shaun Routledge - youth keeper who's never made a first team squad

All of the current loan signings - especially the Hungarians, who made pretty much no impact on the first team

As mentioned above we can't make any individual promises but this info helps us to tweak the data extraction process, so thanks for your post :thup:

I'm sure I saw somewhere that if you just load the english leagues or just load the premier league then some players will be there who aren't there when you add other leagues as well.

It is sometimes the case that you will notice (for example) an English-based player missing when you play in England, but he will then appear in the game when you play outside of England. This is because when you're playing in England, we have to make sure that every playable team has a decent squad of players. Therefore a player with low current ability but high potential ability may be excluded to make way for a player who can perform from the start. When you then go outside of England, because the English clubs are then 'inactive' as it were, they don't need to have such a strict squad size. In this instance, the game will favour high potential players over average squad players, so players who weren't there when you played in England, may be there when you play in Spain.

Hope that helps explain things a bit!

Still no Rene Krhin for Inter who is at present a regular Slovakian international and played in the world-cup playoffs.

Thanks for the info. Are there players in the Inter squad who you would consider less worthy of a place the Krhin?

Thanks for the info. Are there players in the Inter squad who you would consider less worthy of a place the Krhin?

Any of the young players who are "on loan" from Inter.

Pick anyone from Rincon, Siligardi, Pedrelli, Napoli.

Is it possible to in future updates everyone who is on loan can be placed in the reserves? So it doesn't clog up the first team (and prompting that annoying reminder about first team squad size too big!)

Any of the young players who are "on loan" from Inter.

Pick anyone from Rincon, Siligardi, Pedrelli, Napoli.

Keep in mind that we have to include a certain amount of players on loan as they can be relatively important to the teams they are currently at and we don't want to compromise the experience of playing in the lower divisions too much.

Is it possible to in future updates everyone who is on loan can be placed in the reserves? So it doesn't clog up the first team (and prompting that annoying reminder about first team squad size too big!)

This was considered before release, although I think we were concerned that it may not be obvious to everyone that there were players hidden in the reserve team and thought it may be best to include everyone in the senior squad initially, allowing you to move them if you wanted. It's certainly worth considering again though, so thanks for your feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
You'll need to improve his vital stats ;) Only kidding. We can't promise to include any specific individuals as we don't want to go down the path of having to manually cherry-pick players to include (once we start doing that it'd be an endless task). What we can do is continue to tweak and improve the extraction process based on all this feedback we're getting, which we'll do.

Chris Solly has a high enough PA, that is surely enough for him to be included.

That and he's our second choice right back, Parkinson's disliked staff has Moutaouakil in it, which should stop him being used (but I don't think it does).

• 3 months later...

Pardon any ignorance, but for the FMHi (latest version, v1.7 I think), is Thomas Muller available in game? Haven't seen him under Muller or Mueller and was hoping to grab him. Again, pardon the ignorance, but with the iphone, the PC editor does not work, only with the PSP, due to the device being locked, correct? Thanks!

Archived