Strannge choice of club for player

Zapata from Udinese is transfer listed - asking price of £7M.

I bid (Chelsea) as do Juventus, Milan, Arsenal and several other teams.

I offer £50k a week and first team regular.

He ends up signed for Athletico Madrid for £46k a week.

Now I know it's only 4 grand - and he will probably pay ess tax in Spain! But I would have at least of expected him to plum for Milan or Juventus.

come on people! since when the only thing is the money? For example I would prefer countries where i speak the language, i would prefer more famous league to some others (spanish vs italian), the place, the environment and so many other things shoudl play their role

come on people! since when the only thing is the money? For example I would prefer countries where i speak the language, i would prefer more famous league to some others (spanish vs italian), the place, the environment and so many other things shoudl play their role

For some players that may be true, and maybe in real life that plays a part. But this is a game, where the algorithms take over and it's all based on different things, like key roles, goal bonuses, yearly increases etc.

It's a computer game, not real life. And to be honest, I'd love to play for Atletico Madrid, not too much pressure to win the league and nice warm weather to earn €46k a week.

Seems like a dream move for me :D

I've had players requesting transfers because they want to play for 'bigger' clubs so they can win titles/cups etc, and they normally agree to join clubs in relegation spots, either in the same league or foreign leagues elsewhere.

At times, the "algorithms" that drive the game are incredibly stupid.

Archived