Over the last few months, the most asked question of me on Twitter and Facebook has been "when is Football Manager coming to iPhone/iPod", and I've confidently pointed out that it wasn't coming.
When people have asked "when is Football Manager Handheld coming to iPhone/iPod" I've been very quiet.
I am beyond excited to be able to announce today that FMH2010 is coming to iPhone and iPod touch. And even more excited to be able to announce that what has been our best kept secret ever, it's coming out in the next 48 hours!
We don't know exactly when it will be available in the apps store, although we've set a midnight local time release for tonight - it takes a while for all servers to propogate though, hence me saying it'll be live in the next 48 hours.
We are expecting some reviews today from journalists who received ridiculously limited edition Football Manager Handheld iPod Touches (engraved by the people who engrave the FA Cup!) with the game pre-installed on it, which has been the only way anyone outside of SI and SEGA has been able to see the game. I will put links to the reviews when they are available. There will also be a competition to win one of these devices in the coming weeks!
Feature list and screenshots:
- Manage across the globe – take charge of any team from 34 leagues from nations including England, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Portugal, Brazil and Australia.
- A real football world – Buy and sell over 20,000 real world stars from the legendary Football Manager database, fully up-to-date with the dealings from the 2010 January transfer window.
- Build your squad – buy, sell and loan players for your squad of up to 36 players, trying to keep them all happy and performing at the top of their game.
- Feel the buzz of matchdays – get all the stats on your opponents in the match preview and then watch the action unfold making subs and tactical changes to give your team the edge over your rivals.
- Get the most from your backroom staff – get the opinion of your assistant manager on the state of your squad and his suggested improvements, and ask coaches and scouts for reports on players in your squad or future transfer targets.
- Keep the board happy - Set your expectations for the club, manage your transfer and wage budgets and make board requests in your quest for success.
- Handle the media – experience the pressure of the press as they quiz you about transfer rumours, and potential job offers.
- Become a legend – chart the progress of your career through the profile screen and hall of fame; plus gain rewards for your success by unlocking new features and managerial abilities.
- Designed for the iPhone / iPod – with a specific user-friendly skin and functionalities, and club logos for all licensed leagues. Plus; listen to your favourite music while your manage your team!
A Manual app is also now available for free here (UK AppStore link)
It can also be found in web form here
CVG - 9/10
Koku Gamer - 9/10
IGN - 9/10
iPhone Games Unlimited.co.uk - 90%
Pocket Gamer - 8/10
Videogamer.com - 8/10
Pocket-Lint - 4/5
Eurogamer - 7/10
The Guardian - 4/5
Goal.com - 43.5/50
Play.tm - 8/10
AppStore Links (with user reviews)
Out Now - UK store purchase link: FMH iPhone
Out Now - Italian store purchase link: FMH iPhone
Out Now - Belgium store purchase link: FMH iPhone
Out Now - French store purchase link: FMH iPhone
Out Now - Spanish store purchase link: FMH iPhone
Out Now - Portuguese store purchase link: FMH iPhone