low cross completion percentage

I've been playing FM 2010 for 5 days game time now but I'm still a rookie when it comes to soccer (yes I'm American). I control arsenal and I'm just having problems with my crossing. my only player of any jumping ability is Bendtner so I know I don't have a lot of height but why is my crossing percent like 5-15%. I just finished a game with 3% cross completion. is there any way to boost this? if I just set my guys to attack the middle will that cut down on cross attempts?

also I have very low point conversion from off of corers. any advice?

my final bit of info is kind of a complaint. why in the world doesn't the game automatically assign the top penalty kickers for penalties/top corner kickers for corners/top throwers for throw ins? I understand some people might like to do it themselves but why is there no "ask for advice" option?

The problem is that the latest patch tweaker headers/crosses which will also affect your corners, headed goals are now incredibly rare.

On your second point, you can set penatly takers/free kick takers before the match, but if you choose not to the players will choose among themselves as you haven't given them any instructions and can't run out onto the pitch and tell them.

I've had this problem since 10.2. is a 6% cross completion realistic? I've probably only seen 20 real soccer matches in my life so I really don't know.

and I understand that but I'm suggesting that the game should allow you to autopick your penalty/free kicker/corner people. I don't want to go through each player on my team, write down their penalty stats, organize the list numerically, enter it in, and repeat for corner takers. do you see what I'm saying?

I've had this problem since 10.2. is a 6% cross completion realistic? I've probably only seen 20 real soccer matches in my life so I really don't know.

and I understand that but I'm suggesting that the game should allow you to autopick your penalty/free kicker/corner people. I don't want to go through each player on my team, write down their penalty stats, organize the list numerically, enter it in, and repeat for corner takers. do you see what I'm saying?

If it makes you feel better you don't need to write it down or organise it numerically, the game can do that for you. If you go to the tactics screen and the click on View->Attributes->Penalty Taking you will see your whole teams penalty taking atributes on one page which you can then sort numerically by clicking on the Penalty Taking bar. From there you simply drag and drop onto the preferred penalty taker list. Same with other attributes.

ok thanks that helps but, seriously, this should be incorporated into the game. there should be an auto assign for that kind of thing.

I know what you're saying but how would it assign who takes penalties? Penalty Taking isn't the only attribute that determines how good a player is at it. Anyway it's not exactly arduous to take a look at the beginning of the season as to who you want taking penalties and set them, you would only ever need to change the list if you brought in a player who was better than anyone you had currently at taking penalties.

Archived