Does this ever happen to you?

I may look at the player through the scout report and it says he will be a decent player

Then you buy him and he turns out to be amazing and your coach says he is brillant ?

Happens all the time.......thats why i don't use scouts, i usually take the role as chief scout.

Both scouts and coaches have the 'ability to judge potential ability' attribute so it depends on the coach and the said scout.

You want a scout who has high in this attribute and is high in 'ability to judge current ability' (i thinks thats what its called...)

Generally when we sign coaches we look only look at the stats regarding coaching and not the stats regarding the evaluation of players. Because of this I generally side with the scouts since their jobs is to evaulate the talent. If you do have a coach with the stats to be a good scout, then his opinion is to be valued.

I mean, if your coaches are better scouts than your scouts.....its time to find new scouts.

And regarding the OP...I think that your coaches are more likely to overvalue your players than your scouts are likely to undervalue them. But it all comes down to what their 'judging current ability' and 'judging potential ability' numbers are.

If you do have a coach with the stats to be a good scout, then his opinion is to be valued.

I mean, if your coaches are better scouts than your scouts.....its time to find new scouts.

Agreed. Personally I make sure my assistant manager is good at judging the players ability and future ability, because then I can see his opinion on the players.

My coaches are mainly good in the stats that matter with coaches - judging players ability and potential not being too high on my list, to be fair.

But still, if those players end up doing amazing for you, then well done...I'm not putting you down...sometimes a player will be poor but he clicks into your team and it works.

Archived