WHY is this not the tie of the round???

Im managing Chester City, in the second season of the game. Im 2nd in the BSP and have landed a plum tie at home to liverpool in the 4th round of the FA cup. Im the lowest team in the competition, plus Chester and Liverpool are close by. Annoyingly this game isnt on TV :confused:Birmingham Chelsea is though. I really don't get how in real life the broadcasters would overlook this

Im managing Chester City, in the second season of the game. Im 2nd in the BSP and have landed a plum tie at home to liverpool in the 4th round of the FA cup. Im the lowest team in the competition, plus Chester and Liverpool are close by. Annoyingly this game isnt on TV :confused:Birmingham Chelsea is though. I really don't get how in real life the broadcasters would overlook this

Stadium/TV facilities

Potential viewers numbers

Possibility of uncompetitive match

Lots of reasons

As most UK sport is shown on commercial channels the network will look at what advertising they can acheive when selecting games to show. Unfortunatly Birmingham - Chelsea will attract more viewers therefore attracting more lucrative advertising.

Sport is not sport anymore just big business!

I can see why it wouldn't be on in terms of advertising potential, but I'd have thought that this game would be picked for TV. Surely this is what the FA cup is all about. Although I'd rather it was on TV because I desperately need more money. Ended up losing 6-0, good times.

To footymanpro, I managed to get a few great loan signings and then towards the end of the season i signed 3 young strikers from championship clubs on frees, who scored alot of goals. I also had a run in playing alot of teams around me

nah it was over by half-time. they were 4-0 up. I was just expecting it to be on TV like Burton v Man U was a few years ago. But I see how it isn't the best commercially, I was just annoyed at the time :(

Stadium/TV facilities

Potential viewers numbers

Possibility of uncompetitive match

Lots of reasons

If Paulton Rovers can host a live game IRL against Norwich, then there is no reason why Chester City couldn't. I am with the OP, there isn't a cat in hells chance that this game wouldn't be on TV.

I'm with the OP, if a tie like this is thrown up in the draw, it'll generally get on TV. Liverpool vs Havant & Waterlooville for example.

This wasn't shown on TV, I think the broadcasters may have regretted it later.

That's brilliant, who the hell have you signed??

Free transfers and some loands from premier league like Wes Fletcher from Burnley, A Kay from Man City and a few here and there, 8 games to go im 1 point off the playoffs and 7 off the top of league, on an 11 match winning run :D

Archived