+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black pitch?

Amateur

Default Black pitch?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me. Every couple of months in my game, during a match the pitch turns black and the game runs very slow. I have also had a few crash dumps, what are these? I have to restart due to both of these things happening, does anybody know? Thanks

Amateur

Default Re: Black pitch?

Your club is not paying the electricity bill, this is why... (seriously, I haven't never seen this, but it sounds bad).

Reserves

Well i have never seen this before...maybe it is your graphics card?

Amateur

It does sound very much like a graphics card issue (I've got memories of playing Rome: Total War with a totally black campaign map, which was...interesting ), though it's a bit odd if it's only happening "every couple of months". Pay attention to matches where it happens and look for things like what the weather is and what the pitch condition is...I'd guess your graphics card might be pushing right at its limit and when it gets something a little more strenuous to process, it's giving up the ghost but hopefully it's something that you can watch out for in advance and can disable certain graphics options to avoid it killing your computer. I would have suggested that your graphics card is overheating, but my personal experiences of that involved the computer restarting when the graphics card could take no more. Whatever the case may be, it's not good.

Third Team

Yeah sounds like your graphics card, the black pitch is usually down to the graphics card driver's needing updating.

Weird how it only does it every couple of months or so though..

Amateur

Yeah, you may want to try to play with lower quality resolution, with other programs running on the background, and with no other programs running, to see what happens. Also, try to update your memory card driver online. Cheers.

Amateur

Someone needs a new groundsman..

Amateur

Possibly your graphics card drivers need updating mate. I had this problem and updating the drivers solved it.

Amateur

i had that problem and this method actually fixed mine! go to this link and try this
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f68/b...on-t10905.html

not sure about the crash dumps, sory

Amateur

Amateur

i too have the black pitch problem after re-installing FM, could someone give me an idiots guide to updating drivers

+ Reply to Thread