+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corner dilemma!

Amateur

Default Corner dilemma!

I only have one good corner taker in my whole first team squad (rating for corners is 17 and crossing is 16). Trouble is, he's also 6'3, 16 jumping and 17 heading, so he'd be quite good to have in the box. I've got quite a small team (height-wise), only 2 other players above 6ft, so not much aerial threat. Do I put him on corners and have good delivery to players not as good in the air, or a shoddier delivery to someone good in the air?!

Part-Timer

Default Re: Corner dilemma!

Quote Originally Posted by petey_g View Post
    I only have one good corner taker in my whole first team squad (rating for corners is 17 and crossing is 16). Trouble is, he's also 6'3, 16 jumping and 17 heading, so he'd be quite good to have in the box. I've got quite a small team (height-wise), only 2 other players above 6ft, so not much aerial threat. Do I put him on corners and have good delivery to players not as good in the air, or a shoddier delivery to someone good in the air?!
    Interesting question. I think the only way you'll find the answer is to try it both way, say for a couple of months each and see how you get on.

Amateur

How about have him take, aiming for front post and get your best finishers to go for flick on.

Amateur

How about you use the corner cheat and preclude the need for tall players in the box.

Part-Timer

IMO, a really good heading player in the area is a goal machine and I wouldn't waste him by having him take corners.

That's just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread