has anybody else's goalkeeper scored ?

this sounds way too good to be true, i was playing as new england revolution against salt lake city and was up 2-0, my goalkeeper Reis 13 who cleared the ball for jankauskas who broke in to there half the ball however bounced to far and proceeded to bounce over the real salt lake goal keeper, i was in awe, laughed for a while.

has anyones goalie scored from open play ?

Never in open play, but one time in FM09 as QPR my keeper took a goal kick and it flew down the field and bounced over the opposition keeper at the edge of his area. I sat stunned for like two minutes that we had scored that way.

David James scored the winner in the world cup quarters for me against argentina in 08 i think it was. Did a wee lap of the room after that one. Just booted it up field and bounced over their keepers head

Akinfeev scored for me on FM09. I was playing as Liverpool and we were 1-0 down in the 90th minute to Manchester utd in the FA cup semi final when we got a corner. Akinfeev stormed up the pitch and scored a towering bullet header to get the equalizer!

It was one of my best ever moments on FM/CM.

Had Reina score 2 agianst Chelsea back on 09in FA cup Semi. First was a long punt which bounced, second was when they were chasing the game and cech had come up for a corner. Catch, punt celebrate!

Quickly changed tactics to have him as peno taker but alas no peno.

Set my GK to go up for corners on one save some time ago (on one of my 'barcelona supersquad' games, though can't rememeber if it was 06 or 07) and he got one or 2 a season. had to discontinue it though as him being up also meant being caught out and conceding a few, a disaster for any non-dominant side so I don't do it. Actually I remember an instance recently when a certain good young french GK scored for me on his debut on 09 (deep free kick going all the way in I think) and did it again some years later (though can't remember what happened with that one).

I've had keepers score free kicks like Paul Robinson against me a couple of times:rolleyes:

Also on FM 07 I put Cech up front as a joke and he scored a 20 yard stunner but it was said to be offside:(

Finally on the current FM I had my keeper as the free kick and penalty taker in the Brazillian league and he scored 150 something goals for me:D

I did have a goalie who was great at pk's, i thought that was cool seeing my goalie as the teams leading scorer through 2 games :p

But Petr Cech just recently actually, booted it up field and took it a funny bounce and went in. We won 1-0 :)

Akinfeev scored on my game as well. It was in the 88th minute of his 160th cap for Russia - they went on to lose 4-2 thanks to conceding twice in stoppage time, if I remember correctly. It was a free-kick from the edge of his area, he just hoofed it up the pitch and over the other goalie. Made me smile rather a lot.

Van Der Sar came up for a corner and bagged a volley from the corner of the box, i think it was a champions league quater final second leg and it kept me in, I seriously debated giving him the biggest contract I could offer!

nah but i hit bar on the last minit of the league cup final it wa stoke v liverpool it was 1-1 i took the lead from a liam lawrence penalty then david n'gog equalised and then a sorensen goal kick hit the bar and we went on to lose on penalties :-(

This is slightly different but I had Gallas score an 80 yard free kick Foster style, bouncing over their keeper, and it was from just outside the penalty area.

Gallas scored a hattrick against me on ma stoke thing two headers and one was a free kik from his own half but we drew 3-3

I once did it with Chimney Corner in fm 08, a club in Northern Ireland. Andrew French is the name. It was 1-1 in extra time. At 118 min, my team was attacking. We got a corner, and all my defenders moved up, and opposition cleared the ball to few metres outside my penalty box. My keeper rushed up, only to see a striker of the opposition rushing up for the ball. He kicked the ball so hard, which was supposed to be a clearence bounced over the keeper's head and into the back of the net! 2-1 the final score and we won!!!

Btw, I noted in Northern Ireland, fields are short, therefore is also easier for a goalie to score from long range!

Archived