Idiotic, un-appreciating board!!!

i have worked a miracle in making Peterborough the best team in England and WAS on my way to making them the best team ever...

stadium seats 15000 which aint good enough, sick of asking so gave them an ultimatum and they responded like this...

http://s806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/billybonas/?action=view&current=KarlBonas-4.png

after i've done this...

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/billybonas/PeterboroughUnited-15.png

i'm not out of order at all, it needs doing! simple as....

apparently the council wont through lack of space, though once the best team in Europe the club would have a world wide fan base and NEED more space! i dont know wether to go back to save just before as im 47 games un-beaten in prem 3 off breaking record and its MY team, or leaving and laughing as they fall apart season after season which is what will happen

all i wanted was them to agree it needs doing and i'd have not spent any transfer money untill they could, i didnt want them to wave a wand and make one, just to know we wanted same things would be a start

So, through your selfishness, you would be willing to risk the future of the club by bankrupting them? What if they spent £200m building it and you didn't get into the Champions League next year, that would endanger the whole club.

Ive had the same thing with QPR, no matter what, I can never get them to build a new stadium no matter how well I do or how much they sell out. In the end I get frustrated and leave. This has happened with every FM game Ive played.

Any team would look to build a new stadium if they are playing regular CL football. This needs to be fixed.

If you only have 15k seater staduim and winning the trophys I assume your wage bill must be pretty high above 700k at least (considering for 15k seater, wages above 500k a week would slaughter you financially) So making 400 odd million to build a new staduim seems unlikely to happen.

The problem is that the game does not do any financial forecasting or assessment. In reality, building a new stadium would not be based on the current income of the club, but on the projected income from the increased revenue. The game does not do this, and it is hampering in this type of situation.

exactly, the club would look at what we are making now, then project the increase in season ticket revenue etc and get a loan, even a 200 million pound loan would be nothing compared to the 600 million man utd are in the red, my squad where all under 27 so could have got through 3 seasons atleast without having to spend big, it was do-able, they should have warned me about future conduct and had done with it, they have just wrote off any chance of chapions league football again and im guna take my players with me too...

they even removed me from club legends, like they'd be chamions of europe regardless of me...HA HA HA!:D

Are you going unemployed till a job offer or taking a new team under a new manager name ? just curious

i started un-employed and will remain that way till the right club (hopefully one with and empty honours page) comes along :) money to buy my players would be good :D

If you only have 15k seater staduim and winning the trophys I assume your wage bill must be pretty high above 700k at least (considering for 15k seater, wages above 500k a week would slaughter you financially) So making 400 odd million to build a new staduim seems unlikely to happen.

Hed be getting loads of TV money too.

I think its a reputation issue where smaller clubs dont get a higher reputation quick enough. Ive seen top clubs getting a big stadium but never a minnow whos doing really well.

Either that or the clubs have a limited fanbase of 20k and thats why it will never be expanded.

Either way it damages the game in the long term. Looks at all the teams who have a new stadium without any success. Derby, Saints, Leicester, Boro and a load of others. Thats without even getting into Europe. Since when do stadiums cost 400m? It isnt another Wembley. Try less than 10% of that for a 33k stadium like St Marys which cost £32m.

Oh and QPR have gotten relegated the year after I left them in the last 2 games so that decision really worked out well for them both times.

Hed be getting loads of TV money too.

I think its a reputation issue where smaller clubs dont get a higher reputation quick enough. Ive seen top clubs getting a big stadium but never a minnow whos doing really well.

Either that or the clubs have a limited fanbase of 20k and thats why it will never be expanded.

Either way it damages the game in the long term. Looks at all the teams who have a new stadium without any success. Derby, Saints, Leicester, Boro and a load of others. Thats without even getting into Europe. Since when do stadiums cost 400m? It isnt another Wembley. Try less than 10% of that for a 33k stadium like St Marys which cost £32m.

Oh and QPR have gotten relegated the year after I left them in the last 2 games so that decision really worked out well for them both times.

look at Darlo too! our fan base would increase world-wide with back to back euro succeses!

I may have missed something but to me what you said "have worked a miracle in making Peterborough the best team in England" is a bit wrong. You havent even won the Premier League yet... I may have missed something. Hope you prove me wrong :)

You're in your fourth year in the prem and you've already won the CL? Hmmmm...

Well, on the other hand, if your club and players really reflect the sort of success you're having, I can't imagine any board waiting for so long to add-on or build at least a 25 - 35k seater, or at least get started on such a project. Giving up 10-20 million quid a year or more if they're selling out and having a waiting list. Hard to believe maintaining such quality wouldn't make a Pompey out of them by 2021 too -

Too many questions...

Ive had the same thing with QPR, no matter what, I can never get them to build a new stadium no matter how well I do or how much they sell out. In the end I get frustrated and leave. This has happened with every FM game Ive played.

Any team would look to build a new stadium if they are playing regular CL football. This needs to be fixed.

Keep going on with QPR...took me years of success (until 2019) in FM09 for the board to begin construction on a new 45,000 seater, due to be finished in 2021. Sadly, I've started a QPR save on FM10, so I'll never see that ground come to fruition.

I think all the boards on this game are un-appreciative!

I've taken York City from the Blue Square Premier to the Premiership in 6 seasons without spending a single penny and in my first season in the Premiership I finished 12th when I was predicted to be relegated and had a poor squad by Premiership standards. Second season in Premiership im expected to achieve a "safe mid-table" finish... fair enough. I finish 11th. Board go from being "absolutely delighted" to being "pleased"?! Why exactly?. I should have a job for life and be paraded around like a god in York with what i've done for that club! Annoying.

it does happen you have to be patient thats the problem people have some success and they want a new stadium the chairman doesnt want you to look like a ***** hes just thinking of the long run yes it may well be successfull but forking out 50-60 million on a decent CL stadium is going to be hard

Your club needs a lot of money to be able to build a new ground. You whinging at the board isn't gonna find that cash, is it?

This is what I don't get on FM.

Almost rarely clubs construct a new stadium, unless the case of World Cup or European Cup, where the countries do build new stadiums. Aside of that, clubs improve (or expand) the stadium.

Why clubs don't just improve the current stadiums? Why does it have always to build anew stadium?

Dear Board,

please expand

Manager

Dear manager,

There isn't any room to expand the Council won't let.

Sincerely,

The Board

Dear Board,

I give you an ultimatum

Sincerely,

The Manager

Dear Manager,

We can't expand and since you gave an ultimatum then you can clear your desk out.

Sincerely,

The Board

ultimatums plural listen ; ultimata plural

An ultimatum is a warning to someone that unless they act in a particular way, action will be taken against them.

I suspect that asking the board to consider a new stadium, or do what Barca did and go deeper would be a solution.

But if you give your employers an ultimatum, you really are giving them no choice, especially when they give you a reasonable explanation.

The board can be annoying sometimes. I'm Liverpool, I've won 3 consecutive league titles, 3 FA cups, 2 League Cups, 1 CL, 1 Super Cup and 1 CWC in my 3 and a half years at the club. We've got a load of money in the bank, over 300 million, I don't need to spend much at all over the next few seasons, my older players have young backups primed to replace them in a few years, while most of my squad are youngish. Our club debt is now tiny and almost paid off. Yet we are still stuck in Anfield only getting 45000 fans a week when we could easily pull in twice that number. And they refuse to even acknowledge that we need a new stadium. I wish I could just ask them for one, but we're stuck with the only option being asking for an expansion, which I can't get!

If I don't get one in 2 more seasons, I'm just going to use FMRTE and give myself the stadium that my Liverpool team deserve.

Although I have looked on FMRTE, and a Stadium callled New Anfield exists in the game. [hmm]

This is what I don't get on FM.

Almost rarely clubs construct a new stadium, unless the case of World Cup or European Cup, where the countries do build new stadiums. Aside of that, clubs improve (or expand) the stadium.

Why clubs don't just improve the current stadiums? Why does it have always to build anew stadium?

Wrong, at least in England. Theres loads of new stadiums, several built each year.

In the prem alone, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Pompey (lol) are looking for a new stadium, Arsenal, Hull, Man City, Stoke, Bolton and Wigan have had stadiums in the last 10 years.

Heres my teams ground http://www.premierfootballbooks.co.uk/images/qpr_aerial.jpg

How can we expand, theres houses on 2 sides, a school on the 3rd side and a road on the 4th side. Theres just no space.

Archived