Declaring your interest.....

In a job where a manager is still in place but under pressure.

Does it ever work and help you to get the position you have declared an interes in. Only asking as i started an unemployed game and declared by interest in few jobs but nothing has come off them.

Andy

It can help. I've declared interest in a job before about three days later I get a message saying hes been sacked, and a day later I was offered the position :thup:

It depends how poor they are doing and how close the manager is to getting sacked

Also it depends on reputation. If you have won a World Cup, Champions League, Premiership etc. you will be ideal for any job. Particularly if you fancy a trek down the divisions:thup:

This. It can push a manager over the edge if you have a high rep for the league/team.

It can help. I've declared interest in a job before about three days later I get a message saying hes been sacked, and a day later I was offered the position :thup:

It depends how poor they are doing and how close the manager is to getting sacked

Definitely this. Depends on the reputation of your manager too :thup:.

yes it worked for me, when I was at Valencia and had won the domestic double and champions league I wanted a new challenge and declared interest in the Rangers job, they sacked the manager and offered me the gig almost immediately! but I dont do it very often cos I do try and stay loyal to my club!

It's a lot harder if you start the game as unemployed because you have no history to qualify how good you are.

Once in a job, if you're doing well, the "declaring interest" option can be successful. However, do it too often and you'll find yourself out of work.

I get too excited about trying a new challenge and have played games where I've swapped jobs too readily and got to a point where nobody will touch me because of my lack of loyalty.

I do it to managers I don't like - I got Wenger fired in FM09. He'd had some bad seasons, but not bad enough to get him fired - then he had an injury crisis at the beginning of the new season. I declared an interest in his job just as his players were coming back and the team's form was returning.

They fired him and offered me the job straight away, which I turned down. They ended up with a crap manager (I forget whom) who tried to use a formation that didn't fit their squad at all.

It completely destroyed the Arse for the rest of my save, they never again challenged for a major cup.

It does **** off your current club, though. And if you go whoring yourself about when your current job's not that secure, the board can get angry and fire you.

i resigned from valencia before and declared intrest in accy job, as a response accy sacked coleman, offered me the job which i took, ut unfortunatley i was sacked straight away because my assistant advised me to ask the chairman to improve youth facilties which i did, but they couldnt and i accidentally gave an ultimatum

I've found you can usually get away with declaring your interest a couple of times but keep doing it and the board will quite rightly get hacked off with your lack of loyalty. Same with applying for other jobs but if you go on holiday you get no repurcussion for applying for another job! I tend not to do that as its not in the spirit of the game. In fact it would be better to not let you apply for other jobs whilst on holiday and you have employment.

Archived