Why do players never thank me when they get an international call-up ?

This is something that mildly annoys me, how come when one of my players get his first International cap he thanks the International Manager but doesn't say anything about me being the one to give him his break, if it wasn't for me he would still be rotting in the reserves of Man Utd, I brought him and gave him the faith and confidence to perform !

When my wonderkid striker got his first call-up for the full Turkish side and scored twice on his debut at only eighteen years of age, I was so chuffed that I didn't care he didn't thank me to be honest.

To be fair, I don't think he thanked his national team boss either.

I have never been thanked in my capacity as a club manager, only as a national manager.

And I fully agree with your other gripe, I have finally got onto Wednesday's Favoured Personnel list; all it took was a league & CL double...

I'll never be a legend...

It doesn't necessarily seem to be about the titles you win, but doing it in the same season.

I'd won every competition available at Liverpool, was only favoured personnel. Then I won League, FA Cup, Champions League and World Club Championship all in one season - and was made Legend (even though I'd won all those competitions before). So it seems the game prefers you to win stuff all at once than spread out.

Archived