Strange Development in Australian League

I decided I wanted to try the Australian League since I've never played there before. So I simmed into the 2020's since I hate playing with the starting players over and over (and unlike most people I'm a big fan of Face Gen).

Anyway onto the point. Once the sime was done I looked around the league and at leat 2 of the teams did not have a SINGLE Australian player on their roster. Each team had between 20-30 players but at least 2 did not have any Australians. Pretty strange.

I had the Australian League set tp playable and about 20 other divisions to view only as far as game set up goes.

Anyones else experience anything similar before?

I decided I wanted to try the Australian League since I've never played there before. So I simmed into the 2020's since I hate playing with the starting players over and over (and unlike most people I'm a big fan of Face Gen).

Anyway onto the point. Once the sime was done I looked around the league and at leat 2 of the teams did not have a SINGLE Australian player on their roster. Each team had between 20-30 players but at least 2 did not have any Australians. Pretty strange.

I had the Australian League set tp playable and about 20 other divisions to view only as far as game set up goes.

Anyones else experience anything similar before?

That is strange, since I know from managing in the A-league in FM07, one of the rules in the league was that there must be no more then 4 foreign players (players from outside of Australia & New Zealand).

Interesting and definately would need to be looked at if you ask me, try posting this in the bugs section as well.

There seemed to be no foreiner restricions, I tooke over one of the teams and brought in about 15 foreigners on free transfers and all but maybe 2 got a work permit. They were all ineligeible for the preseason cup for some reason but as soon as the regular season started they were eligible and playing in my first team.

That's very weird. I remember having to make some hard decisions when I was looking to sign players from abroad and the decision always came down to the number of spots available.

Maybe after a certain amount of years in the game, the limit is lifted?

No second nationalities, at least not that many. Of the 15 players I brought in they were all from Africa or the Americas. And there was no player restrictions on the league rules screen as well.

Maybe the limit does go away after a while. Is there supposed to be a salary cap like the MLS? Cause there is no salary cap as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DK10:

No second nationalities, at least not that many. Of the 15 players I brought in they were all from Africa or the Americas. And there was no player restrictions on the league rules screen as well.

Maybe the limit does go away after a while. Is there supposed to be a salary cap like the MLS? Cause there is no salary cap as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, there is meant to be a salary cap and now that you mention in your game there isn't one, that is very odd. Definitely report it in the bugs section.

Archived