My son's FM hardly works

Hi guys- when my son tries to load up FM10 it often says disc cannot be found- when the disc is in the desktop- I've tried restarting the computer several times and tried other discs which work- so is it likely I have a faulty disc?! It works sometimes but surely this shouldn't happen and it makes a 8 year old v upset!- Cheers for any advice

From what you have said it sounds like the disc is damaged. Have a look at the disc see if it has got any scratches on it and if it has you could pick up a disc cleaning kit form almost any computer shop for quite a cheap price.

1. i am pretty sure there is a thread about this and it doesn't have to do with scratches (original/ authentic CDs must be REALLY damaged to stop playing)

2. don't trust disk cleaning kits. Most of the times they destroy the CD more. Most of them work by deleting/ destroying the outer layer od the disk and the scratches with it. imagine by accident to destroy all the layers...

You could use Steam, but I don't know if it has a minimum age or any features that you wouldn't want an eight year old using. There is another way to get it to work without the disk, but unfortunately it's illegal and can't be discussed here.

This is definitely a problem with some discs and as far as I can see SI haven't acknowledged it as a common problem. Check my comments here as I've had similar issues. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=5031387#post5031387

Since posting this I have tried Steam again which is now working for me.

If you ask me there is a fault with some discs out on the market. Very annoying.

Hi guys- when my son tries to load up FM10 it often says disc cannot be found- when the disc is in the desktop- I've tried restarting the computer several times and tried other discs which work- so is it likely I have a faulty disc?! It works sometimes but surely this shouldn't happen and it makes a 8 year old v upset!- Cheers for any advice

Have you installed any of the patches? This error message can appear when the wrong patch has been installed- check and report back. If you have installed the wrong patch, you will need to uninstall and reinstall and patch again.

Seeing as he's totally new to the forums and is asking for his 8-year old kid, he probably doesn't even know the patches exist.

My advice, go to the next link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=192934

Here you have to choose FM2010 Retail Boxed (Patch) - PC , or if you're on Mac, choose the Mac-version.

When installing this after downloading, there is a big chance the error will not occur anymore, seeing as it was a bug on the original version.

If you can't get the installation to work after downloading it, try typing .exe behind the filename and it should work properly then!

Good luck, and what the guy above said, 8 year old, he's a wonderkid!

Archived