Genie Scout Beta

SJJ01

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was announced on Genie's website so I thought I'd pass it on as a word of warning to anyone using this beta:

"I confirm that the Scout version which spread through the Net (limited beta 2 build 83) is an official beta, but made for limited use. I can not guarantee its workability. It's still not advanced enough and contains too many errors to make it open."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CJ Sheehan:

This was announced on Genie's website so I thought I'd pass it on as a word of warning to anyone using this beta:

"I confirm that the Scout version which spread through the Net (limited beta 2 build 83) is an official beta, but made for limited use. I can not guarantee its workability. It's still not advanced enough and contains too many errors to make it open." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOTE. It works only if you have the 8.01 update running and started a new game with the 8.01 update.

Oh for i forget Untick the Compress Save Game in the preferences, otherwise he will not run to!!

Cheers icon_wink.gif

IMPORTANT: Tested and not working if you have the option "Compress Save Games" enabled in the Game Preferences. So, disable that, save your game again and Genie should work.

NOTE: From what we understand, if you start a new game with Patch 8.0.1 and any DB, Genie Scout 2008 will work. However, it shouldn't work if you use 8.0.0 or 8.0.1 with a game started in 8.0.0. So, normally if you have latest official Patch 8.0.1 (and not one of the beta patches), your version should be 8.0.1.114310. This versions worked for most of us with new Genie Scout.

UPDATE: This version seems to work for most users, even in Windows Vista. However, it seems that it doesn't work with WWSM08 yet.

FM GENIE SCOUR 2008 Beta

http://rapidshare.com/files/74040825/fm_genie_scout_2008_limited_beta_2.zip

Copied from FM Scout Website:

There are known bugs for the first FM Genie Scout 2008 version (Beta 2, Build 83) that became available to the public (in a strange way, but still). I will try to list everything I know here along with possible solutions if there are any.

This could help lead developer Eugene with solving remaining problems in the program. I mean it could work well for beta testing purposes.

Your best bet to have your FM Genie Scout 2008 working is to follow the following 5 simple steps:

1. Make sure you have FM08 and not WWSM08

2. Make sure you disable "Compress Saved Games" within the Game Preferences and Confirm it

3. Install latest official Patch 8.0.1 (and not one of the beta patches) [after that, you should have version 8.0.1 114310]

4. Start a new game with Patch 8.0.1

5. Save your game

Bug: Font Issue - font is difficult to read

Suggestion: Open "FM Genie Scout 2008" folder and find "Languages" folder. Get in there and find the file "English.lng". Open this file with Notepad (or Wordpad) and change FONT_CHARSET=0

Bug: Does not work with 8.0.0?

Suggestion: Yes, it seems this Genie version is only compatible with latest official Patch 8.0.1. It should also not work with both Beta patches, which became available before the latest official one.

Hopefully, one of the next Genie versions will be compatible with all FM08 versions, like he announced a few weeks ago.

Bug: I get following error message: "The file doesn't seem to be a valid FM saved game"

Suggestion: Possible reason for this would be that you have WWSM08 and not FM08. Even though back Genie 2007 was compatible with FM07 and WWSM07, it seems that the new structure of WWSM08 is different than FM08, and thus, unfortunately, current Genie version won't work with WWSM08.

Bug: Error loading Entity Number: 3920 File Position: 1410864 Database Version: 1143 Club data seems to be corrupt.

Suggestion: No known workaround for this error. Try the 5 steps explained on the top.

Bug: I get following error message: "Player data seems to be corrupt"

Suggestion: No known workaround for this error. Try the 5 steps explained on the top.

Bug: I get following error message: "Data Corrupt wanted to read 4 bytes could only read 0 bytes"

Suggestion: Most probably you have forgotten either to disable "Compress Saved Games" or save a new game after doing so.

Bug: I applied the latest patch and disabled the compress option, but I get error again

Suggestion: Most probable scenario here is that your game was started with version 8.0.0 (or one of the beta patches) and then you updated to latest patch 8.0.1. Even if you did the remaining steps needed, it wouldn't work. You need to start a new game with patch 8.0.1.

Bug: I have a custom Database and it doesn't work

Suggestion: Most users report that it doesn't matter if you have normal, large or huge database (custom). Try the 5 steps explained on the top.

Bug: I still get an error, which says something like "Error loading entity number: 22761...", maybe because I'm on Vista?

Suggestion: This version should work in both XP and Vista. However, Vista users should right click the downloaded FMGenieScout.exe file and run as Administrator, as well as running FM2008 as Administrator (otherwise Genie Scout won't be able to access the protected memory area of FM2008 - that's the way that viruses/trojans traditionally install themselves into other programs on your computer).

In addition, Vista users should also turn off User Access Control (UAC - Google "Turn off UAC" if not sure) if they are still having problems.

Bug: I get following error message: "Can't allocate the DIB handle."

So when I load a new game v8.0.1. and do save I can start and use a Genie scout. However after few days when I save my game again (compress file is ticked off) I get an error message saying Out of Memory while loading Entity Number: 66173 from TFMPerson Container

Anyone having the same problem? Any one can help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Qceng:

It won't work with an edited database (even in a new 8.0.1 game), I guess that will be fixed for the public release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll be why.

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by meisce:

F.y.i., I just tested this out with my boxed version of WWSM and it works.

Just looked at the basic search so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it doesnt work with my boxed version of WWSM, did you start your game with 8.0.1 or 8.0.0?

Tested on a game I'd started with 8.0.1, changed to uncompressed, and everything seems to work fine. I've run player, staff, and club searches with no problems.

Unfortunately looks like my team is pretty crap and every youngster with a PA of over 180 now costs millions, but there you go...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Qceng:

It won't work with an edited database (even in a new 8.0.1 game), I guess that will be fixed for the public release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine is working fine so far on an edited 8.0.1 database.

i started two new 8.0.1 games:

1)one with all leagues (117) selected - scout doesn't work

2)second with "recommended" league number (12) - scout work ok

It's simply beta.

Ps. Why FM recommends only 12 leagues while game works fast with all 117 selected is beyond me...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mine is working fine so far on an edited 8.0.1 database. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, fair enough. Then it seems the bugs are fairly random, genie expressed as much in his recent post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marx:

It's simply beta.

Ps. Why FM recommends only 12 leagues while game works fast with all 117 selected is beyond me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going to try this now as I'm running 18 icon_biggrin.gif

works for some games, but not one which was made with the patch, i didnt even start playing until the patch was out. anyway this is what i get with the game that doesnt work:

Error Loading Entity Number: 7013

File Position: 16933709

Database Version: 1143

Person Data seems to be corrupt

Please make sure you have the last Scout version.

RelType:102

What happened to the first thread when this was first discovered? I think this is the first time I have seen a thread delete and not just closed.

Anyway guys this was never meant to be a public release. It was meant to be a closed beta for Genie's beta testers however someone found it on his server and everyone started downloading it (including me...I was one of the first few people) and so Genie could not contain it. So if you encounter bugs don't blame Genie. There should be a fair bit of bugs and report them on Genie's site if you encounter them.

So you can't use it with a game that you started pre patch. Does this mean that when it is officially released it will be compatible with all games, no matter when they were started (pre/post patch etc)?

I would prefer not to have to start the game again if possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Bug: Error loading Entity Number: 3920 File Position: 1410864 Database Version: 1143 Club data seems to be corrupt.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got this error when I tried to load up a saved game, even though I changed the "Compress saved file" and saved again.

When I started a new game the geine works.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranson52:

I got this message :

"Out Of Memory While Loading Entity Number: 146333 From: TFMPersonContainer"

Using new game, patched up to latest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone able to give me a lead on this ???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattnelson:

Oh the joy of yet another 'Genie' Thread....

And for people complaining about errors, it's a 'Limited BETA' therefore it will have errors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I for one am not complaining about anything, I'm just seeking some advice on something I don't understand.

If you understand it, supply an answer rather than trying to stir something in an empty bowl.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marx:

It's simply beta.

Ps. Why FM recommends only 12 leagues while game works fast with all 117 selected is beyond me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly the same happens here, I get the 'player data corrupt' error with a large custom game, but no problems with the smaller recommended game. I'm sure it's useful for Eugene to see this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I keep getting this error

Error Loading Entity Number: 294

File Position: 1430778

Club data seems to be corrupt.

How do I fix it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don´t use FMM, or some other editor next time icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oncho Shaldzhiyan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I keep getting this error

Error Loading Entity Number: 294

File Position: 1430778

Club data seems to be corrupt.

How do I fix it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don´t use FMM, or some other editor next time icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't use FMM.But I used Miniscout but I have never edited anything.

Archived