transfer of coaches grr

i have (had) a 5 star coach

get a message Man utd approach for "coach"

i think damn i'll offer him more money to try keep him

click on him and hes already at man utd

- now surely there should have been a break in the processing to allow me to defend the transfer. i dont see why he would go there anyway, im inter doing really well and they are doing badly.

its just

urgh!:thdn:

Zero Loyalty amongst Staff. I've found, as long as contract meet their demands they will always accept the highest rep team offering

And yes, there should be a day or two break between being told about an offer and them taking it

In my own experience, most of the time there is, but sometimes no break occurs

I've never seen this happen before, I've always had time to offer my coaches a new conract when another team has approached them. Are you sure you didn't just miss the news item? What date was the news item and what date did he sign for Man Utd?

Yeah, most of the time you get a chance to counter offer but sometimes it'll go straight through. When that happens I nickname them Back Stabbing Git, fire up FMRTE and destroy their stats, then go out and find a replacement. It's funny how after 3 years at Liverpool with no stat higher than 5 Back Stabbing Git 2 is still apparently World Class. Do coaches lose reputation at all?

Definitely an issue is some cases. You'll assume that you'll always have a chance to make a counter-offer. Though, I find it unrealistic that the staff 99 out of a100 times always accept your offer if you raise his salary just a fraction from his current one. Needs to be revamped.

Get a coach with similar stats, but a lower reputation.

The higher the reputation the more wanted they will be.

It's crap the way it's done though, I've been saying it for months, years, days, minutes.

or at least interrupt the game so you can't continue until you negotiate a new contract with them.

There's no loyalty with coaches.

And I keep getting a message that some bloke called Bath wants to join my coaching staff.

It comes up about every 2 weeks and there's nothing I can do about it. I don't want another coach. I don't want to hear about Bath's employment woes. But it's every two weeks without fail.

How annoying is that?

Not sure it would solve the problem but as it mainly happens when you are at a top flight could you not at the start of each season offer the ones you definalty want to keep new contracts for the maximum length.

This is definitely the easiest way around it; offer big contracts for long lengths and teams stay away from your coaches because they don't want to pay the release fee. Signing bonuses help, too (I think a portion of that needs to be recouped as well).

The whole offering contracts needs to be revamped though. It's completely ridiculous the way it's presented at the moment. Sooooo many clicks and screens to go through.

Just give me a list of staff/players.

I drag the ones I want to the New Contract Section (like when setting penalty takers).

This section has the contract laid out beside the players names, you can increase the amount per month and change roles.

It's so bad the way offering contracts is done.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the contracts are so bogusly done. And there's no way a member of my staff could sign for one club in a day.

It wouldn't happen. He'd have to hand in notice for starters. I'd put him on gardening leave for his notice, he then joins the club after his notice is up.

But I should get the chance to offer a new contract. And I would expect some coaches to have a bit of loyalty and reject clubs sometimes. But they never do.

'It wouldn't happen. He'd have to hand in notice for starters. I'd put him on gardening leave for his notice, he then joins the club after his notice is up.'

But it does happen irl with many other occupations - look at a manager, do you ever see a manager working his 4 weeks notice? Nah - he can do too much damage to the club by working his notice. Some jobs are to risky to have people working notices, garden leave etc. You have to let them go straight away. Coaches imho are one of those jobs.

I do agree though that the coaches thing is a pain in the arse and needs radical improvement. This was brought up before the last patch came out by numerous people and it has not been fixed yet.

Archived