Unrealistic 1st Season

Have just finished the first season in my Liverpool save.

Spurs won the league with Man City 2nd and Aston Villa 3rd, I came 4th.

Man Utd 5th, Chelsea 6th and Arsenal 8th.

Has anyone else ever had a strange first season when someone outside the top 4 wins the league??

I think Man U do badly becasue rooney take too many long shots. Not sure why Chelsea did so badly in season 1...injuries perhaps? With the way the ME runs it's not that surprising Tottenham and Villa did well. They both have pacy skillful players well suited to it. Maybe Crouch got injured which helped spurs.

arsenal 8th seems very strange though.

I find that the big four get toppled far too quickly in the game.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have ruled the top 4 for ages. And all of sudden in the game when you get 2 or 3 seasons into it, Spurs and all are up there battling for the league.

I find that the big four get toppled far too quickly in the game.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have ruled the top 4 for ages. And all of sudden in the game when you get 2 or 3 seasons into it, Spurs and all are up there battling for the league.

Completely agree with this. This is mainly due to:

1) Pathetic transfer dealings by those clubs. They sign players which they don't need/sign some really rubbish players or sign good players and let them rot by not giving them playing time.

2) I've noticed that even though they have world class coaching staff, their players get injured far too much. On the contrary, if a human opponent sign world class coaches their squad start blossoming far too quickly.

......above 2 things may be programmed intentionally or programmed poorly.

Liverpool did not sack Benitez did they ;)

Sacked on Jan 3rd 2012 after a 3-0 defeat to Man Utd...they'd finished 11th, then 9th, and when he was sacked they'd dropped to 15th in the league (and that wasn't even the lowest they'd been all season - they were 17th early on). Juande Ramos has got them up to 10th, but I don't think they'll be going any higher with just four games left to go.

But it was more the fact that Hull finished in 5th that I posted the image :D They finished 18th the following season, with Brown getting sacked the day their relegation was confirmed, but they're set to go straight back up. Newcastle would have been in the other automatic promotion place but they went into administration, having a third consecutive season in the Championship while still paying five players £50,000-£78,000 a week plus bonuses.

In the second season Bolton finished fourth...and in the current (third) season Burnley are eighth, level on points (and not far behind on goal difference) with Everton and Sunderland in 6th and 7th. What the hell is going on with my game? :D

Sacked on Jan 3rd 2012 after a 3-0 defeat to Man Utd...they'd finished 11th, then 9th, and when he was sacked they'd dropped to 15th in the league (and that wasn't even the lowest they'd been all season - they were 17th early on). Juande Ramos has got them up to 10th, but I don't think they'll be going any higher with just four games left to go.

But it was more the fact that Hull finished in 5th that I posted the image :D They finished 18th the following season, with Brown getting sacked the day their relegation was confirmed, but they're set to go straight back up. Newcastle would have been in the other automatic promotion place but they went into administration, having a third consecutive season in the Championship while still paying five players £50,000-£78,000 a week plus bonuses.

In the second season Bolton finished fourth...and in the current (third) season Burnley are eighth, level on points (and not far behind on goal difference) with Everton and Sunderland in 6th and 7th. What the hell is going on with my game? :D

lol what an insane save you are playing atm :D

not unrealistic, don't forget its just a game

Exactly this, i've seen much worse on fifa, but you just gotta accept that it isn't exactly like real life, people seem to forget that. I've had spurs and fulham(in seperate games) get relegated first season.:D

Archived